PDA

View Full Version : Question Regarding Mythic Helm's/Arcane Hooks & The Next Lvl Expansion

gundamsone
03-11-2013, 12:53 PM
Correct me if i'm wrong but the mythic helms we currently have will stay at level 26 when the next cap is introduced right?
If this is the case then I see a really big problem & i'll name just a few.

We know that STS plans to introduce mythic armors in next level cap and based on the current market:
1. Most player can't afford to even save enough gold for 1 piece in a season yet alone 2.
2. Those who did purchase or are planning to purchase a mythic helm for this season will probably have spent a good chunk of their cash which means they will have to save all over again for the upcoming season.

I am not suggesting that these things scale up for a number of reasons and i'm also against increasing it's drop rate, so below I have a simple solution to thiss.
When the 31 cap comes, have an NPC in town that lets players "exchange" their mythic helm or arcane hooks for a scaled up l31 version.

This gives those who wish to continue with endgame a fair chance to complete the set they worked so hard for and also lets those who wish to stay at l26 keep their precious item.

Vystirch
03-11-2013, 12:54 PM
ik that Sam said the Arcane Weapons will scale, but they havnt answered me about the helms......

JaytB
03-11-2013, 12:57 PM
As far as I understood they were already planning something like what you suggested here.

I remember reading a dev post about how helms and armor would be convertable into a top (vanity with stats?) set.

I definitely don't think they would let the mythic items become useless.

gundamsone
03-11-2013, 01:01 PM
I believe dev's can't give a definite answer on this is because of merchers and hoarders.
Look at slicing flintlocks, I had a pair the day before a dev posted an upcomming buff on them. Couldn't sell the pair for 100k gold and the next day they get bought out and hit 1-2m.

The player base is small compared to a typical mmo so these rare sought out items have very little supply and can be bought out and manipulated easily.