PDA

View Full Version : noob question?

markus
10-01-2010, 11:30 PM
So not having pl for android yet I still am not sure how the game works..... is the game an open setting like wow and you run into the boss lairs? Or is the open world just for fun to move from town to town? And u ha ve to que up games still like the old way? I guess what iam asking is, are there baddies to fight and kill in the "open" world? or are all the baddies only in the instances?

CanonicalKoi
10-01-2010, 11:35 PM
I'm not sure if this is what you're looking for, but yes, there are baddies in areas "between" towns as well as in dungeons. The first place you start doing quests (after the intro "training session") is the town of Forest Haven. Quests from there will send you down the road where you'll fight zombies along the road to your first castle. The castle has a higher concentration of them and the second floor (if I remember right) has more plus a boss. So towns are generally "safe" areas. The roads between as well as other locations such as dungeons, castles, the swamps, the desert, pyramids and the ice fields are populated with nasties. HTH

markus
10-01-2010, 11:47 PM
Yes that dose. So the open areas can be used to lvl and fight baddies and arnt just safe havens u travle on from town to town. Also are the instances like wow, as in they are located in certin areas and you have to travle to them and if you ha ve purchased said instance you can jump in? Or is it from any town you just que up a game or instance? And from the town it just pops you in the instance?

Gaabob
10-02-2010, 12:02 AM
Lol what is an "instance"? That has got to be deep school gamer lingo lol. U trying to say "game"?

You can join any game you want. When you join a game it takes you right to the dungeon area where you join the battle, whether at the beginning/middle whatever. The dungeon has a limited amount of players and enemies. 5 players and however many enemies in that dungeon. Once you finish a dungeon you can go on to the next area/dungeon in the story plot.

There is no "queing" that i know of

CanonicalKoi
10-02-2010, 12:03 AM
The towns have portals that will get you where you need to go to continue on a quest, for example. Or, you can go from town to town by clicking the town you want on the world map. Or, quests again, you can go into your quest log, click on a quest and then click, "Go To" at the bottom to take you where you need to go. You can join in games in progress again by going to the world map and clicking on "Join Game". That'll give you a list of all the current games running, the location, number of people involved and average (if I remember right--it might be the highest level playing that game) level of the players involved. Or you can join a game if there are people already in the location you've chosen. Say you need to play in Balefort Castle to finish a quest, so in you go. Up at the top left of the screen you'll see your name, level and status bars for your health and mana. If there are others already in the castle, their names, levels and status bars appear below yours. Voila! You've just joined a game. If no ones playing in an area you're interested in, you can hit "Host Game" on the world map and start one or go to an area and jump in on your own. If anybody you've friended in the game is online, you can go to your friends list and invite them to join you.

Gaabob
10-02-2010, 12:10 AM
In pocket legends there Are:

Towns- no baddies, can have 25 players in one at a time. Place to socialize/trade/hang out

Roads and areas imbetween towns- occasional baddies, not that thick, respawning

Dungeons- accessible from many different places in game and controls. Main enemy fighting. Groups of 1-5 players go through a predesignated map/dungeon killing however many bad guys are in there. Usually 1-5 bosses at the end.

Mini-maps(or whatever)-just smaller additional maps, higher bosses-enemy ratio

Respawning dungeons-"hidden dungeons" basically smallish area, bunch of enemies that respawn in the hallways

Every separate thing is connected through "portals" or blue glowey things. You can also join games from the join option/menu on world map (accessed from main menu) also on world map you can select a town to enter

Never played wow- however I've heard that this is just a much scaled down version. Made to play in leisure time, not specifically designed to make you spend your life on it (though it is also designed to accommodate those who wish to spend their lifes in game).

TwinkTastical
10-02-2010, 12:46 AM
In pocket legends there Are:

Towns- no baddies, can have 25 players in one at a time. Place to socialize/trade/hang out

Roads and areas imbetween towns- occasional baddies, not that thick, respawning

Dungeons- accessible from many different places in game and controls. Main enemy fighting. Groups of 1-5 players go through a predesignated map/dungeon killing however many bad guys are in there. Usually 1-5 bosses at the end.

Mini-maps(or whatever)-just smaller additional maps, higher bosses-enemy ratio

Respawning dungeons-"hidden dungeons" basically smallish area, bunch of enemies that respawn in the hallways

Every separate thing is connected through "portals" or blue glowey things. You can also join games from the join option/menu on world map (accessed from main menu) also on world map you can select a town to enter

Never played wow- however I've heard that this is just a much scaled down version. Made to play in leisure time, not specifically designed to make you spend your life on it (though it is also designed to accommodate those who wish to spend their lifes in game).
Ive no lifed this game for a wile .. avereage 35 hrs on weekends :)

markus
10-02-2010, 01:51 AM
Lol that helps me get a better feel for it. Thanks! Yea in wow the dungeouns or games are instnces. U join a party and everyone has to run to the location of the dungeoun. Once you get to the location only the ppl that are in the party can enter. And the entrance to the instance is a portal you jump through. Sounds like sts with pocket legends took the head ache outa running to the instance and now you can pretty much get right to the instances from anywhere. I really can't wait to start palying tbhis game. I played a rogue and theory crafted and was very into the game till my wife made me quit...lol
Ever since then I've been looking for a game I can enjoy as much with out being so constrained by time plus being mobile helps ;) I was all set up in a guild that was top on the server, we were getting everything set for icc..... lol so much time put into that rogue. Hope the pvp is fun to casue I love that in mmorpgs to always got the weps on my rogue from having high arena ratings. Hopefully this can be my new little addiction.

TwinkTastical
10-02-2010, 02:26 AM
If you decide to pvp, youll see me :)

markus
10-02-2010, 02:41 AM
What class you play, and is the pvp any good?

TwinkTastical
10-02-2010, 03:13 AM
I play a Intelligence Bear, Intbear for short :D "Twink" is carried over from wow, The lvls for twinks in PL are 19 29 30 If you are just starting in pvp id suggest a lv 19 of your choice. PvP is sort of a.. Team deathmatch? there are 3v3 arenas and 5v5 arenas, Each one with its own layout...3v3 scores go to 10 and 5v5 goes to 20. There are no "items" to gain as of now through pvp, My friends and I pvp ALOT i made this char today for PvP and so far its done decent. PvP will improve after alien oasis 3.. And the long awaited Auction House, This game has been out since early-mid april And has come pretty far from the begining. Hope to see you in PvP. Feel free to add me. Or ask any questions you would like, Ill be more than happy to answer them.
http://i876.photobucket.com/albums/ab330/instinctiveko/b26bcf17.jpg

In Game Name : Twinktastic