PDA

View Full Version : -_- really sts?

jackhark
03-11-2013, 04:00 PM
Well as i was looking for a new mmo i happened to read an article on the link below that says that sts is planning to make a new game every 6 months( roughly the amount of time it takes for an SL lvl cap) and was wondering if this was true. How can u guys at sts even consider making 1 more game when u cant even manage ur games as it is. Can a dev plz tell me if this is true because i was planning to just quit SL and move to AL but if AL is just gonna be ignored after more games come out like SL then id like to get some heads up so i wont spend to much time on it.

http://appchronicles.com/five-games-for-mmorpg-fans-to-look-forward-to-in-2013/

Spyce
03-11-2013, 05:48 PM
I may not be a dev, but I believe this isn't true.
PL, SL, and DL are slowing dying and AL is rapidly moving up.

Vystirch
03-11-2013, 11:44 PM
Yah not sure what is gonna happen, but AL is not gonna be dropped any time soon. Tbh I've seen them say that they didn't expect AL to be so successful. So I think they have changed there plans and are gonna stick with it for awhile.

Jcyee
03-12-2013, 12:21 AM
Yea heard this a while back, i think before AL was released. Don't expect the devs to back this. They aren't the best when it comes to estimatiing long term dates ;)

Vystirch
03-12-2013, 12:23 AM
Yea heard this a while back, i think before AL was released. Don't expect the devs to back this. They aren't the best when it comes to estimatiing long term dates ;)

Nope after all tomorrow's AL update will be and I quote, "Soon"

Wowsome
03-12-2013, 02:30 AM
no .. no .. noooooo .. please let AL grow!

Kazillo
03-12-2013, 05:40 PM
I feel bad for anyone still chained up on Star Legends. It's now just road kill in STS's rear view mirror. But, they may change that if they put some effort into it...

Totallymad
03-13-2013, 03:44 AM
Im not going to play any STS games anymore if they will stop developing their old projects! Thats not right things to do! They will loose ppl by making it!

Arcanee
03-13-2013, 07:14 AM
I see it like this - You cant keep a flip phone forever they wont keep updating or upgrading a flip phone because technology advances like a smart phone so think of it that way You need to move on from star legends and if you havent started arcane legends yet then you missing out again we got 2 expansions already and 2 more coming if you start late you gonna be all (boohoo the new game is already out I didnt have time) at that you dont pay to play any spacetimestudios game & you dont make them so You should change your signature to dont waste devs time on your post since their wasting yours

Afterglow
03-14-2013, 11:12 AM
Im not going to play any STS games anymore if they will stop developing their old projects! Thats not right things to do! They will loose ppl by making it!

ya me too.....its boring to play those same maps again and again after reaching level 46( star legends). DL already died?

canislupis081376
03-14-2013, 12:15 PM
I really wouldn't call DL dead. In my opinion, it trumps AL in play ability. Not to be mean about it, but AL is more of a younger audience crowd. On DL, it is dark, and mature. I did a stint in AL, and perhaps it is just not my cup of tea.

Samhayne
03-14-2013, 12:36 PM
Hey guys,

All Spacetime Games are a labor of love for us. Just to keep expectations in line, it's worth mentioning that Spacetime Studios is a small, independent developer (we're around 35 fun loving gamers working hard for your business). The other thing to keep in mind is that Arcane Legends is our biggest hit yet. It launched in November and we're already narrowing in on 5 Million downloads in 5 months! It took Pocket Legends almost 2 years to pull in that number! Hopefully that helps you understand why we're putting more of our efforts into Arcane Legends to keep it growing! We're doing what we can for all games, as Pocket Legends, Dark Legends and Star Legends continue to see thousands of new players every day. Not to the same order of magnitude that Arcane has, but still significant.

I know that some might say we should have just stuck with Pocket Legends and only improved it, rather than exploring and making Star Legends, Dark Legends and Arcane Legends. Who knows, maybe that would have paid off. However, maybe doing that could have led to Spacetime Studios having to close up shop because we couldn't make it work? That's all hindsight. What is clear is that if we can manage to continue making new content and making hit games that gamers like the play, we'll be around for a long while to come.

We know we would be nowhere without our fans. It's you guys who really bring the Legends games to life. We're working hard to earn your business and we really appreciate your interest and enthusiasm for our games!

Schnitzel
03-14-2013, 05:01 PM
I dont mean to be mean in any way sam,
But the reason it took pl 2years to pull that number is because back then, there were only a handfull of people who found out about pl then started recommending it to their friends.
AL got 5million downloads in 5months is because people who already play other sts games+ new people who found the app by searching other sts games in android market and app store=5million downloads.

NotYoCookiez
03-14-2013, 08:50 PM
But the reason it took pl 2years to pull that number is because back then, there were only a handfull of people who found out about pl then started recommending it to their friends.
AL got 5million downloads in 5months is because people who already play other sts games+ new people who found the app by searching other sts games in android market and app store=5million downloads.

Agreed. But then again having 1 game playing all the time could be boring. I support having more legend games but I think they should hire more people to help out. Easier said then done but that's my thoughts

Samhayne
03-14-2013, 08:52 PM

It is a nice thought, but it didn't really play out for Dark, ya know? Dark is a decent game, but it was a swing into a niche area, where Arcane really is the culmination of the Legends franchise and a real hit.

Vystirch
03-14-2013, 09:07 PM
It is a nice thought, but it didn't really play out for Dark, ya know? Dark is a decent game, but it was a swing into a niche area, where Arcane really is the culmination of the Legends franchise and a real hit.

I have to agree with you sam. I am going to post what I posted in another thread:

I for one only see STS going onwards and upwards, the quality of there games visually and gameplay wise keeps improving. I don't think STS wants to stick to old technoledgy and is pushing for better quality games. As the above review in the original post points out, OnC is face value more appealing because it has better graphics and blah blah blah, but what makes STS special is its community. So why stay with old games and a good community? When you can have much higher quality games (closer to OnC quality) with the same great community and helpful Devs/Mods. STS as a company doesn't want to stay in the dust, behind the curve with more and more high quality Mobil gaming keeps emerging, they must move forward to stay in the market place. STS has made the correct business decision, and I for one am willing to see them make the best super Mobil MMO at the end of this journey. Are You?

-Vys

Arcanee
03-14-2013, 09:41 PM
Yeah as a spacetime gamer I would rather play up to date games pocketlegend graphics suck compared to arcane legends Technology advances so stop complaining about how something old doesnt get updated If I was a dev and more people play Arcane legends than Pocketlegends Id rather work on Arcane legends and as a gamer I would rather play the most up to date with the most players.

lakersrockftw
03-14-2013, 09:51 PM
Sam I respect your response but what most of us are trying to say is that al is kind of getting the updates and expansions but in the other legends games we are getting nothing. Al is super fun but we just want attention in the other games too.

Arcanee
03-14-2013, 09:56 PM
Sam I respect your response but what most of us are trying to say is that al is kind of getting the updates and expansions but in the other legends games we are getting nothing. Al is super fun but we just want attention in the other games too.
Move on bruh how long do yall expect a game to last ? And imagine pocketlegends getting more maps it would get harder and harder to navigate

lakersrockftw
03-14-2013, 10:00 PM
-_- forget the expansions like today compare the update of pl and al. Pl update was just buy luck helm for 10 plat. Al update was a whole boss that you can kill for more things. There is a big difference.Then look at all the updates al is getting per day. They are getting more in one day than all the games combined in 2 weeks.

lakersrockftw
03-14-2013, 10:15 PM
Expansions are slow too though but main point was what I said last

Vystirch
03-14-2013, 11:35 PM
Expansions are slow too though but main point was what I said last

Tbh I think sts needs to at some point declare a couple of there old games as dead. DL comes to mind.... This wouldn't mean the games would be removed, just that they wouldn't get new xpantions.

Uzii
03-15-2013, 07:56 AM
I posted this in another thread but fits well here also:

They forget their other games. Without them al couldnt even exist. They forgot their old "fans". Not everyone like to play al bc its just not their style. They make other genres games that ppl like but r not as succesful as al is. But i think they doesnt deserve to be forgoten.
How many time i saw here in forum they saying we have love for all our games. But thers no love in bussines only love for money. And sts is proving it just focusing on al as their for now most succesful game. No blame they must make money to live and make game better. But it want hurt to make some updates for other games from time to time too dont u think? Not so oft as for al, but half+ year ignoring is bit too much.
I love SL i think its well balanced and developed game. (Every class has its specific role, coms have hp armor and crowd control skills, op deal dmg what makes runs faster and engs serve as suport, very necessary for their healing and reviving abilities.)
Helloween event was great lots of fun but since then nothing much (christams was a joke).

So if u realy feel "love" for all of ur games show it a bit and dont foget ppl that supported u before al came to light. (otherwise its a bit sad)

canislupis081376
03-15-2013, 08:04 AM
Tbh I think sts needs to at some point declare a couple of there old games as dead. DL comes to mind.... This wouldn't mean the games would be removed, just that they wouldn't get new xpantions.

Great. With that mindset, think of it this way. You play the game of your choice (i really don't care which). Make friends, enjoy the playstyle, build your "perfect" toon.....next thing you know, your game goes on the back burner....Bet you're unhappy about that scenario. To those that say "Just move on.." ok, look. I have played alot of games in my life. There are games from a long time ago that I still pick up and play now and then because they were good, or a legend in their time. Just because something comes out and is new and "hot" does NOT mean it's great. Far from it, to be honest.

lakersrockftw
03-15-2013, 08:37 AM
I understand but even if it is a hot game that doesn't mean ignore the other games that they made before it too.

Zeus
03-15-2013, 09:47 AM

I'm going to quote you on this when STS releases their next game and AL suddenly gets put on the backburner. No game is safe, dude, even the beloved AL. ;)

Vystirch
03-15-2013, 09:57 AM
I'm going to quote you on this when STS releases their next game and AL suddenly gets put on the backburner. No game is safe, dude, even the beloved AL. ;)

I said this in another thread, I can see that one day AL will be the old game. What I would like to say is that I'm willing to move on to a new game. What I think would help STS have people that aren't so mad about there games being put on the back burner/or declared dead, would be that they creat a reward system in the new game for people that have done a considerable amount in the old game. In terms or achievements and items obtained etc. also if they would grant 25-50% of the platinum spent in other games to be automatically added to the new games account. There are things to help alleviate the feeling of pain, STS might want to look into that for future games.

-Vys

Uzii
03-15-2013, 10:19 AM
Hey guys,

All Spacetime Games are a labor of love for us. Just to keep expectations in line, it's worth mentioning that Spacetime Studios is a small, independent developer (we're around 35 fun loving gamers working hard for your business). The other thing to keep in mind is that Arcane Legends is our biggest hit yet. It launched in November and we're already narrowing in on 5 Million downloads in 5 months! It took Pocket Legends almost 2 years to pull in that number! Hopefully that helps you understand why we're putting more of our efforts into Arcane Legends to keep it growing! We're doing what we can for all games, as Pocket Legends, Dark Legends and Star Legends continue to see thousands of new players every day. Not to the same order of magnitude that Arcane has, but still significant.

I know that some might say we should have just stuck with Pocket Legends and only improved it, rather than exploring and making Star Legends, Dark Legends and Arcane Legends. Who knows, maybe that would have paid off. However, maybe doing that could have led to Spacetime Studios having to close up shop because we couldn't make it work? That's all hindsight. What is clear is that if we can manage to continue making new content and making hit games that gamers like the play, we'll be around for a long while to come.

We know we would be nowhere without our fans. It's you guys who really bring the Legends games to life. We're working hard to earn your business and we really appreciate your interest and enthusiasm for our games!

Im just curious how many from those 5 mil played more then one day and loged in regulary.

Also isnt it cheating for ppl they choose to play other sts game not al, put their time and effort to it and then find out its not updated?

Yes al is most popular around but it doesnt mean its all ppls cup of coffe.

Just some update from time to time to have somehing to do in ur other games that payes off for ppls time they already put into it.

Zeus
03-15-2013, 10:33 AM
I said this in another thread, I can see that one day AL will be the old game. What I would like to say is that I'm willing to move on to a new game. What I think would help STS have people that aren't so mad about there games being put on the back burner/or declared dead, would be that they creat a reward system in the new game for people that have done a considerable amount in the old game. In terms or achievements and items obtained etc. also if they would grant 25-50% of the platinum spent in other games to be automatically added to the new games account. There are things to help alleviate the feeling of pain, STS might want to look into that for future games.

-Vys

Pretty sure the majority of people do not like restarting their efforts every few months, hence why the majority of people tend to stick to the game that they truly enjoy.

Vystirch
03-15-2013, 12:02 PM
Pretty sure the majority of people do not like restarting their efforts every few months, hence why the majority of people tend to stick to the game that they truly enjoy.

Point taken, I respect all the other views it makes sense that people get updates for games they play. STS needs to make one game that will be the "last game to win them all" and stick with it. But for now I guess multiple games is where we are at......

-Vys

octavos
03-15-2013, 12:51 PM
Since lots of comments are getting directed here, ill say my piece also. I play all the games, they all have there awesome quality's. Many have one game they play and stick with, mine happens to be SL. More games, don't really help...people just migrate to games that get updated more often not because its popular, but because the older games don't have the new bells and whistles we all like. I love AL, I have made an established guild which is for different types of players..not only hardcore. But many agree that each wants player to go back to the game that bought them to play in AL in the first place.

Im not against the devs for not updating the older games (I understand business, but i'm also a player of these games), im also not in support of the lack of communication that forces devs to reply. Many have to troll to get a response, which i'm sure what not posters intent, but maybe it is lol (Kids rage devs, that's how they express there emotions). I want sts to stay in business but if the games that brought the funding are not updated, more will be hesitant to buy even if new games are released (im speaking from personal experiences, not generalization). We have seen that more then a few months have passed, and in SL case...we have to rage to get a response.

So all i ask is chat with us more on your plans...so were not left guessing.

*edit*
I understand your a small company, we get that..but i'm a marketing manager aside from being a designer at a small firm (So understand resources). So communication has to be the priority to the customer even if they are children. As for managing resources, its not my position to say any comment. I want to return to my point of interest, which is SL.

:ghost:

Vystirch
03-15-2013, 01:51 PM
^^ so well said, I guess my previous opinion was based on the fact that I wanted "one" game that we could all enjoy, that would be the focus. I don't like seeing STS's resources stretched thin...... So either they need a team for each game or they need to stop making new games.....

Smart
03-15-2013, 01:58 PM
AL is the best I used to play SL but it got a little to nooby and beggers were every were I could not go 5 mins with out a begger comeing along

Zeus
03-15-2013, 02:00 PM
AL is the best I used to play SL but it got a little to nooby and beggers were every were I could not go 5 mins with out a begger comeing along

I have got to admit, Arcane Legends is pretty damn good. I'd just like there to be more skill involved when PvPing, kinda like in PL before the L76 cap.

Caiahar
03-15-2013, 06:15 PM
I have got to admit, Arcane Legends is pretty damn good. I'd just like there to be more skill involved when PvPing, kinda like in PL before the L76 cap.

Yeah, in pvp for AL, you need real skill to be killing ppl in PvP. The warriors are basically OP, like the warrior in PL I'm endgame. Rogues, well, they can one shot you if they get a critical on their first charged aimed shot.
Sorcerers, as I said, you need some real skill. They are kind of UP. In pvp ppl complain how I can beat warriors solo even if I'm sorcerer.

lakersrockftw
03-15-2013, 06:34 PM
Pl had good pvp but how they don't even update any content is ridiculous to me

Suchislife
03-15-2013, 06:50 PM
Meh, this generation it's all about the money.

Oskitopee
03-15-2013, 06:58 PM
The solution- Combine ALL the Games!
:)

XghostzX
03-15-2013, 10:15 PM

I respect your opinions, but I just hope you guys do your best to not let down the players that got you started in the first place :)

lakersrockftw
03-15-2013, 10:20 PM
Yup always remember that

Schnitzel
03-16-2013, 10:14 PM

Dont get mad.
Im not being mean..

Vystirch
03-17-2013, 12:15 AM
Dont get mad.
Im not being mean..

He's not mad, Sam nvr gets mad.....

lakersrockftw
03-17-2013, 02:14 AM
Lol

Lady_Pebbles
03-17-2013, 02:45 AM
Im one of those people who tend to give this company hell at times but believe me I mean well. I also appreciate their hard work and efforts and all that jazz. Being opinionated can be a curse at times so sorry if I've ever been too.. Errr.... harsh?... XD

Im sure by now they know how their players feel about everything & probably working on some changes for the older games. If anything, the thread Samhayne made with an insight to DL's cap and new vanity set is testament to that. Pretty sure they got some good stuff cooking up for SL too. Its just a pain waiting, and waiting, and waiting. Seing updates for AL makes it seem unfair and doesn't make it easier... I get it.

I think Ghost is right though. More communication is needed to avoid people from lashing out. Give us all the info you can without giving away too much would be nice. Its hard to accept the lack of communication cuz we used to get a lot of it before. Miss the old days of PL & Blackstar (when I used to stalk the forums before actually registering).

I just hope they also make better decisions in the future when it comes to their plat purchases. Messing with people's money is a huge no-no & really, REALLY needs some adjustments. At least give us refunds without removing the items... Or something to compensate!

Hurting your customers will end up bitting you on your behinds sooner or later. :\

canislupis081376
03-17-2013, 02:59 AM

This, exactly. If I have put alot of effort into a game, I don't want it "replaced" with "The next big thing" Take a look at gaming history, and you'll see that people will play a game they like, no matter how "old" it gets. Just move on seems like a bit of an ADHD response. There are people that spend WEEKS farming for a particular item, or set for looks, or whatever they want. To take that away from them, by declaring a game "dead" is just wrong. If you upset enough of your gaming audience, even if it's a "niche" audience, your support will suffer. That is just simply how it works.

lakersrockftw
03-17-2013, 01:17 PM
I miss days when the server talked to us and we saw I dev every week.