PDA

View Full Version : PVP Deathmatch versus CTF

Haowesie
03-11-2013, 07:10 PM
Hi,

This suggestion may have been mentioned already, but I'm finding it hard to follow all the other threads. So, I'll start with some basic ideas and open for more suggestions. Basically to separate PVP and CTF into two distinct games:

Deathmatch (options or combination of):
1) Game finishes when X number of kills are attained, OR;
2) Game finishes when last team player is killed.

CTF:
Same basic principle as today, except no one can kill or be killed. You can only stun, slow down, snare, root, push etc. This means:
- Real strategy to capture the flag, and not just be run down by over-powered players.
- Lower level players can join high levels.
- The CTF leaderboard will be about flags, and not kills

If this has been suggested before, then feel free to ignore :)

lovestriker
03-12-2013, 04:31 AM
BUMP

I agree with you. :)

GoodSyntax
03-12-2013, 08:07 AM
Kills are a very tactical part of CTF - otherwise, you would just have an entire team camped out in the base and it would take a long time to get through the gauntlet. The best team would be a bunch of Sorcs just push-procing and Fireballing - you would be perma-stunned and pushed out of the room and never deliver a single flag.

Haowesie
03-13-2013, 04:29 PM
Maybe the flags can spawn at a random location and players will need to find it?

I know there are some skills there that negates stun like windmill and razor... Or maybe having a high dodge? The good thing about this concept of CTF is you can use the same build as PVE. But I agree, it would be a long game.... Maybe the first one to score wins (instead of 5 flags) :)