PDA

View Full Version : Level 50 - Shortsighted?

Spiritualist
10-02-2010, 04:24 AM
I'm curious to know... with AO3 coming out, I've seen threads suggest that levels will go to lvl 50 but I was wondering whether anyone sees this as being a little shortsighted. I mean, in 2 months time when AO3 has been farmed to death, we'll be gagging to the next set of areas and levels.

Doesn't it make sense to make the max lvl "infinite" but just increase the XP required to lvl higher much larger and then as new areas pop in, they can be added to lvl 50-60, 60-70, etc.

Or am I missing something fundemental here?

Ellyidol
10-02-2010, 04:26 AM
I think they need to set a level cap on each new area cause its also their source of income. Since each new area = more plat spent on them. If they make the cap infinite, people can just stick to leveling/farming on lower level areas and buy what they want from other people that have the new areas. Though if mobs don't give them exp anymore I don't know how its possible. Just my first thought.

RedRyder
10-02-2010, 05:34 AM
I'm curious to know... with AO3 coming out, I've seen threads suggest that levels will go to lvl 50 but I was wondering whether anyone sees this as being a little shortsighted. I mean, in 2 months time when AO3 has been farmed to death, we'll be gagging to the next set of areas and levels.

Doesn't it make sense to make the max lvl "infinite" but just increase the XP required to lvl higher much larger and then as new areas pop in, they can be added to lvl 50-60, 60-70, etc.

Or am I missing something fundemental here?

An overall bad idea. They already made it real hard to get to 50. It'll take quite some time. They always give us patch updates and I known theyl. Be giving us some more elite camps as well. So just stop the nonsense. Sure we waited a while, but if it's as good as it looks, then it's worth it.

It's like Ellie said, that's the devs source of income. If they give you it all at once people will get anoyed at some point. Everything will become unbalanced, and the casual players will be run down by the heavy players. It just wouldn't Be balanced at all

Vyvin
10-02-2010, 07:22 AM
I was recently looking at the xp required to lvl to 46 it's only about 1000, and then it jumps to 4400 by 50, any way to look at it says it makes no sense, well have to wait n see!
Nothing suggests that the lvl cap will be 50 with 4400 xp!

/Vyvin

Spiritualist
10-02-2010, 09:20 AM
So just stop the nonsense.
Woooooh, I was just asking! But I understand what you are saying too. I'd certainly never suggest dev income is limited and I'm not sure I touched on income at all... Nothing prohibits new areas coming out.

But again if they make it so hard to get to 50, is it likely they will continue the trend to 60, 70 and beyond? I don't know if that's good or bad, just asking. What's the final aim? Is the idea to have a bigger spread of lvl players, and to have few maxxed lvled players?

Vyvin
10-02-2010, 09:44 AM
I think it's great, more xp limits the number of noobs at cap lvl Does that include me? XD
Rofl
/Vyvin

Spiritualist
10-02-2010, 10:05 AM
Indeed and I don't have any questions about there being more xp per level... I just wondered if limiting to 50 was a good idea. Surely there will be a mass of 45s trying to get to 50 and the same will happen in x months time when more areas come out like AO3? I don't know... I'm just chatting here...

Khanhee
10-02-2010, 01:57 PM
If that 4400 xp to lvl 50 is true, then I don't think a higher level cap is necessary. I'm sure the dev's have taken into account the fact that the next expansion and level cap increase won't be out for a while so they probably increased the xp amount accordingly. I also don't think it would be necessary to increase the levelcap past 50 for AO3 but increasing the amount of xp required to level would be a good idea; and it looks like that will happen.

Azrael
10-02-2010, 08:50 PM
no one has stated it will be level 50. Could be 55. All that has been stated is that leveling each level will take longer.

markus
10-02-2010, 11:50 PM
I think giving ppl unlimted ability to lvl is horrible idea. Best idea is releasing new xpansion increase the lvl cap. I think lvl cap is a must for these sort of games.

Slush
10-03-2010, 03:14 AM
I was hoping for the cap to be raised to 51, or 55.