PDA

View Full Version : 2013-03-12 Content Update (115460)

H2N
03-12-2013, 01:45 PM
Respecs are now free through Monday, March 18th.
New Explore option available on the Dragon's Jewel Ship:

Two new normal and Elite maps to explore!
New Kraken Mines Area!
New Elite Loot!
New Bosses!

Warrior:

Warrior abilities with Taunt are now more effective.
The range upgrade for Windmill now also includes a Taunt effect.
'Vengeful Blood' has been changed to debuff nearby enemies, which will replenish the mana and health of anyone they attack while debuffed.
Warriors now receive improved bonuses from increasing their Dexterity.
Slightly increased Mana cost on Warrior abilities.
Rebalanced Windmill damage and fixed a bug with Windmill that could cause extra damage.

Sorcerer:

Sorcerers now receive improved bonuses from increasing their Dexterity.
Increased damage of the Ignite upgrade on the Sorcerer's Fireball ability.
Buying the dodge upgrade to the Sorcerer's Time Shift ability now also increases initial damage.

Rogues:

Rogues now receive improved bonuses from increasing their Intelligence.

Bug fixes:

All banners can now be put in your stash.
Kraken Skewer, Slicing Flintlocks, Flamberge and Blackbeards Hooks have had their damage output buffed.
Rare spawn Minibosses in the Elite version of Reef of the Ancient Mariner can now drop Elite loot.
Sully Scallywag in Windmoore Harbor has a rare chance to drop Elite loot.
Fixed a bug that would sometimes not allow pets to be auto-fed in the middle of combat.
Corrected a bug with Lifebane Rogue weapon damage output.
Corrected a bug with Shipmaster Axe Warrior weapon dodge proc.
Moved Shazbot slightly to not trip up new players in Windmoore. Also added a clone in the first dungeon of Brackenridge.
Removed bush at beginning of Brackenridge Village Elite dungeon that would grab pet agro and start timer.
Removed an elite mob from the normal version of Arcanum Castle.
Loki will no longer heal enemies.

warbluefish
03-12-2013, 01:46 PM
lol. nice one. thx

MrFoster
03-12-2013, 01:47 PM
Great update, thanks

Mysticaleagle
03-12-2013, 01:50 PM
Did the Hooks get a nice buff?

WindTurbine
03-12-2013, 01:52 PM
Awesome :)

MrFoster
03-12-2013, 01:52 PM
Nothing about hooks, so i gues no.

Noobiam
03-12-2013, 01:55 PM
Wow! Great update! :)

warbluefish
03-12-2013, 01:55 PM
Did the Hooks get a nice buff?
yep. dmg buff. how many do u have now? 2?

wvhills
03-12-2013, 01:57 PM
Lots of improvements for warriors and mages. What did rogues get? Weapon nerf. Smh.
Nerf our stuns, nerf our damage, nerf our weapons? Lets give the rogues some love!

stackz
03-12-2013, 01:58 PM
Wonder what kind of dex bonus sorc gets now? Always added to my dex and guess it will pay off now yay

Syylent
03-12-2013, 02:00 PM
Lots of improvements for warriors and mages. What did rogues get? Weapon nerf. Smh.
Nerf our stuns, nerf our damage, nerf our weapons? Lets give the rogues some love!

Well we got improved bonuses from increasing our intelligence. Whatever that means. I guess we look smarter while dying?

Lady_Pebbles
03-12-2013, 02:02 PM
Can yall NOT be so vague on what these stats do? Need a straight answer as to what DEX does for Mages.

FluffNStuff
03-12-2013, 02:03 PM

[/LIST]

Look for In Depth Fluff Post on stuff bugging him soon!

Uicheusa
03-12-2013, 02:05 PM
Did they fix the pop rate of all me elite chests?

pandakeyes
03-12-2013, 02:06 PM
lifestealers of potency confirmed to be nerfed. Just chucked mines on auction.....

uzidredar
03-12-2013, 02:08 PM
Wow I'm glad I came back, this update is the best so far.
Next in our wish list: 40% plat rebate :D:beer:

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Taigah
03-12-2013, 02:08 PM
Nooooo, whyyyyy? :S Lifethiefs where the main reason to go rogue ><, haha

MrFoster
03-12-2013, 02:09 PM
really? no achievements for bosses?

Syylent
03-12-2013, 02:20 PM
lifestealers of potency confirmed to be nerfed. Just chucked mines on auction.....

I tried to put my rogue there. Even the big burly man didn't want a rogue even with hot red daisey dukes on.

WindTurbine
03-12-2013, 02:28 PM
BTW, vengefull blood isnt increasing mana quickly now :P

Sibayjing
03-12-2013, 02:32 PM

Not increasing mana at all now! don't have any mention about mana increased in vengeful skill.
Vengeful can be renamed Vengenothing :disillusionment:

But Thanks for this update!

Samhayne
03-12-2013, 02:36 PM
Not increasing mana at all now! don't have any mention about mana increased in vengeful skill.
Vengeful can be renamed Vengenothing :disillusionment:

But Thanks for this update!

Hey Sibayjing,

Try using a taunt skill after you hit Vengeful Blood. How it works is this:

Vengeful Blood puts a debuff on all nearby enemies that when they hit someone will give them health and mana. If you use a skill with a Taunt (like upgraded Windmill) all the mobs will hit you after Vengeful Blood and you'll get a lot of mana back! It can also help your friends too if they get hit.

Vystirch
03-12-2013, 02:39 PM
We will see how this turns out....

Energizeric
03-12-2013, 02:43 PM
The improvement for dex for mages are as follows. Each dex point added gives the following:

1) 5 health points (previously it was 3 health points)

2) Amount of critical % seems to have been increased to around 0.0375 (previously it was 0.025), so a 50% increase from before.

3) Seems to be a damage increase of around 0.125 per point. (previously there was no dmg increase for dex)

4) dodge % is the same as before, so no change there.

I'm not 100% sure on these numbers, but they are close.

Zuzeq
03-12-2013, 02:46 PM
They wouldn't give us a STR bonus. We would rule the land with that kind of DMG.

Government of Anarchy
GM

sirrotniuq
03-12-2013, 02:48 PM
Please update the Rogue mythic helm to use 18 int instead of 18 strength.... if rogue's have an int buff.... you're decreasing the value and the mythicness (word?) of the mythic helm.

Samhayne
03-12-2013, 02:50 PM
Please update the Rogue mythic helm to use 18 int instead of 18 strength.... if rogue's have an int buff.... you're decreasing the value and the mythicness (word?) of the mythic helm.

Hi Sirrotniuq,

While INT is perhaps a more interesting stat now after today's change, STR is still very beneficial.

Zuzeq
03-12-2013, 02:56 PM
Hi Sirrotniuq,

While INT is perhaps a more interesting stat now after today's change, STR is still very beneficial.

Sam,

Can you briefly explain the motivation behind the INT bonus granted to Rouges?

Government of Anarchy
GM

Prack
03-12-2013, 02:56 PM
Not sure that I'm very excited about the Warrior nerfs :(

embarm
03-12-2013, 03:00 PM
veng is not what it was before,it is a dependent skill now,what the new update has done is awesome,but now a new problem is there coz of the cooldown timer of veng,which makes it a lot less effective with regards to mana regeneration,warriors will hv to resort to mana pots :)

update: hit veng on nearby enemies,taunt with windmill,let them hit u n watch your health n mana come back lol,but with too many a crowd of enemies and the veng cooldown,gotta resort ultimately to a large number of mana pots with increasing mana costs as well for a skill

harimaumalaya
03-12-2013, 03:02 PM
better get back to old vengefull..

Cero
03-12-2013, 03:03 PM
Hey Sibayjing,

Try using a taunt skill after you hit Vengeful Blood. How it works is this:

Vengeful Blood puts a debuff on all nearby enemies that when they hit someone will give them health and mana. If you use a skill with a Taunt (like upgraded Windmill) all the mobs will hit you after Vengeful Blood and you'll get a lot of mana back! It can also help your friends too if they get hit.

wow, vengefull update is intresting.

if a warrior debuffs me with Vengefull and attacked him or his team not only i make damage but also heals and replinish mana? pretty cool.
but if im not infected they wont get mana or heals :P
must avoid/run when im debuff with vengefull then.

question: does the healing ability gets better if 2or 5members get debuff?

Samhayne
03-12-2013, 03:11 PM
Sam,

Can you briefly explain the motivation behind the INT bonus granted to Rouges?

All classes had their "third" stat contributions to primary stats improved:

This was done in part to promote diversity of builds. Also, to make itemization more interesting. Previously, if an item for a Sorcerer had +Dex it was pretty much disregarded. Now, it might be more interesting.

This makes some alternate builds more possible. For example, maybe a Warrior who is building to "tank" might go some into Dex for dodge. Or, a Sorcerer who wants to build for Crit chance might find spending points or acquiring items to increase Dex to be successful.

We encourage you to make full use of the Free Respecs and try out different builds!

Swede
03-12-2013, 03:16 PM
Yes, the more people you have hitting you, that are affected by Vengeful Blood, the more health and mana you get back. If you have 5-7 enemies hitting you, you'll fill your mana up in no time. Also, Vengeful Blood gives more mana and health per hit in PvP, since you don't tend to get hit by so many targets as quickly there, so it should still be good in PvP. Of course this is a bit of a different type of skill and the first time we're doing something like this, so numbers might have to be adjusted. I really like the gameplay of it though, it rewards the Warrior for clever use of his skills. Before it was just kind of brain dead, use it every time it's off cooldown and you'll never run out of mana, not balanced or interesting.

embarm
03-12-2013, 03:17 PM
in case of warriors dex increase is mostly giving health increase albeit with increasing dodge n critical,but minimally decreasing overall strength.so cheerz for that :)

Zuzeq
03-12-2013, 03:18 PM
All classes had their "third" stat contributions to primary stats improved:

This was done in part to promote diversity of builds. Also, to make itemization more interesting. Previously, if an item for a Sorcerer had +Dex it was pretty much disregarded. Now, it might be more interesting.

This makes some alternate builds more possible. For example, maybe a Warrior who is building to "tank" might go some into Dex for dodge. Or, a Sorcerer who wants to build for Crit chance might find spending points or acquiring items to increase Dex to be successful.

We encourage you to make full use of the Free Respecs and try out different builds!

Understood. Thank you for such a quick response. One more question, can rouges take advantage of the subject bonus by applying points to the INT passive skill or normal skill tree? or both?

Government of Anarchy
GM

Weagledan
03-12-2013, 03:18 PM
Hey Sam - any consideration for adding a secondary stat contribution (INT or DEX) to the Warrior mythic?

Samhayne
03-12-2013, 03:20 PM
Understood. Thank you for such a quick response. One more question, can rouges take advantage of the subject bonus by applying points to the INT passive skill or normal skill tree? or both?

INT is INT whether it comes from points spent to raise the stat, passive or from items.

Asireuz
03-12-2013, 03:37 PM
Will you please fix Flap Jack one of these days?

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?86696-Flap-Jack-issue&p=989991&viewfull=1#post989991

Effervesce
03-12-2013, 03:49 PM
Great! It's a lot of skill and stat changes - do we get a free respec?

Weagledan
03-12-2013, 03:50 PM
Yup, free respec's till Monday

wawawa64
03-12-2013, 03:52 PM
this looks like a good update.

with the new bonus from the "off" attribute, this opens up a lot of options for pet

Weagledan
03-12-2013, 03:53 PM
Yes, the more people you have hitting you, that are affected by Vengeful Blood, the more health and mana you get back. If you have 5-7 enemies hitting you, you'll fill your mana up in no time. Also, Vengeful Blood gives more mana and health per hit in PvP, since you don't tend to get hit by so many targets as quickly there, so it should still be good in PvP. Of course this is a bit of a different type of skill and the first time we're doing something like this, so numbers might have to be adjusted. I really like the gameplay of it though, it rewards the Warrior for clever use of his skills. Before it was just kind of brain dead, use it every time it's off cooldown and you'll never run out of mana, not balanced or interesting.

Trying this now (re: use veng, then use taunt skills) - but my initial reaction is even with a swarm of mobs around me, it's not producing near enough mana regen (less than 25% of my pool). Anyone else having better luck?

Zuzeq
03-12-2013, 04:02 PM
Dear Devs,

Here is a switch, i have nothing to complain about! Good job and thanks!

Effervesce
03-12-2013, 04:04 PM
Terrific! Lots of experimenting ahead with the free respecs :adoration:

bronislav84
03-12-2013, 04:05 PM
So Mines are the new Tombs, and the other two new maps are elite maps?

Tyger
03-12-2013, 04:06 PM
R.I.P. Vengeful Blood
First Off: I understand the motivation and theory behind the changes made to Vengeance (making it more strategic/team friendly). The execution of the change however, has been extremely poor thus far and makes me (A devout AL member specializing in the warrior class) simply want to stop playing.
-The concept behind the debuff effect is interesting, but after testing in-game I feel a complete crippling of my mana regeneration unless I am getting wailed on. Even when getting wailed on, the altered Vengeance eventually forces the warrior class to resort to mana potion spamming during even the most basic of encounters. Plus you have to worry about your health when you are trying to focus on taunting nd regaining mana for your next barrage.
-I'm sorry, I don't think players like me who have invested 5 points in what used to be a very useful skill and decked themsleves in full Int boosting armor should have to worry all that much about mana and I think most will agree with me.
-I tediously catered my warrior build so that I would only really have to worry about my health & I sacrificed 5 skill points that could have gone into +dmg / full windmill to obtain that very luxury. If I have to rebuild and simply cast vengeance aside I guess I'll survive, but as it sits the altered skill has ruined the warrior class for me and the guildies I have talked to so far.
-Also who's idea was it to cripple the Warrior's only surefire mana regen resource while simultaneously increasing ALL skill mana costs in the same update? Seems like a double sucker punch to me. Believe me, Rogues had enough advantages in PvP prior to this update. Warrios have not been balanced, they have been neutered.
I had to get that off of my chest, sorry for the length. Thx if you read, kudos if you understood.

Swede
03-12-2013, 04:07 PM
Trying this now (re: use veng, then use taunt skills) - but my initial reaction is even with a swarm of mobs around me, it's not producing near enough mana regen (less than 25% of my pool). Anyone else having better luck?

What level are they versus you? If you don't take any damage because you're testing against low level mobs, you won't get as much mana.

Monstertongue
03-12-2013, 04:15 PM
abit disappointed...

Hooks get great buff...even with nerf alp, rogue can turn to depraved for better dps

warrior abys weapon get buff which is also superior than their predecssor, vorpal.

now...i m still using the clever flam assault for better dps...

is there some problem?

Swede
03-12-2013, 04:17 PM
R.I.P. Vengeful Blood
First Off: I understand the motivation and theory behind the changes made to Vengeance (making it more strategic/team friendly). The execution of the change however, has been extremely poor thus far and makes me (A devout AL member specializing in the warrior class) simply want to stop playing.
-The concept behind the debuff effect is interesting, but after testing in-game I feel a complete crippling of my mana regeneration unless I am getting wailed on. Even when getting wailed on, the altered Vengeance eventually forces the warrior class to resort to mana potion spamming during even the most basic of encounters. Plus you have to worry about your health when you are trying to focus on taunting nd regaining mana for your next barrage.
-I'm sorry, I don't think players like me who have invested 5 points in what used to be a very useful skill and decked themsleves in full Int boosting armor should have to worry all that much about mana and I think most will agree with me.
-I tediously catered my warrior build so that I would only really have to worry about my health & I sacrificed 5 skill points that could have gone into +dmg / full windmill to obtain that very luxury. If I have to rebuild and simply cast vengeance aside I guess I'll survive, but as it sits the altered skill has ruined the warrior class for me and the guildies I have talked to so far.
-Also who's idea was it to cripple the Warrior's only surefire mana regen resource while simultaneously increasing ALL skill mana costs in the same update? Seems like a double sucker punch to me. Believe me, Rogues had enough advantages in PvP prior to this update. Warrios have not been balanced, they have been neutered.
I had to get that off of my chest, sorry for the length. Thx if you read, kudos if you understood.

You got full int boosting armor previous to this patch? Without any investment in to intelligence at all, and with just a filled out Vengeful Blood, I literally couldn't run out of mana before this patch. I never had to drink a mana potion, ever. That was broken and not fair since the other classes did, even with points in intelligence. In fact the mana cost for the Warrior's abilities were almost half that of the Rogue's.

I'm sorry that you don't like the change but it's not going back to what it was. Numbers can be adjusted if we feel they need to be but I have to say that as I'm testing it, I'm never forced to spam mana pots. Yes I have to drink some now and then but that was the intent, one class never having to use mana pots was poor implementation on our part.

Uzii
03-12-2013, 04:18 PM
INT is INT whether it comes from points spent to raise the stat, passive or from items.

yes same improvements.. for every 1INT point +0,02 crit and +5hp;

Weagledan
03-12-2013, 04:23 PM
What level are they versus you? If you don't take any damage because you're testing against low level mobs, you won't get as much mana.

Thanks for the reply Swede - I'm level 26 running on the Kraken Isle maps (not elite). I'll try some elite runs and see how the regen changes. Thanks again

Shaukei
03-12-2013, 04:36 PM
Oh snap. Just Monday I bought a L25 Captain's Axe of Assault (15 dex) instead of the similarly priced Captain's Axe of Potency (15 int). Of course, after the Vengeful Blood nerf, the latter's a lot more valuable. :(

Good job on the new Vengeful Blood mechanics! I love the concept. The numbers on it may or may not need some tweaking, I'm reserving judgment on that until I've used it more. Does anyone else think its AOE animation is a little too fast, though? I find it a bit distracting, but I'm pretty sensitive to these things.

Overall, great update, keep it up. :)

Samhayne
03-12-2013, 04:43 PM

Yes the Mines are the Kraken Isles version of the Tombs or Crypts. There are no elite versions of the Mines.

The other two new maps have elite versions.

Have fun!

lancerlots
03-12-2013, 04:48 PM
With new VB it is impossible to tank mobs unless you use tons of mana pots. Mobs I used to handle pretty easily are now difficult and require copious use of mana pots. Neutered is correct!!!

bronislav84
03-12-2013, 04:54 PM

Yes the Mines are the Kraken Isles version of the Tombs or Crypts. There are no elite versions of the Mines.

The other two new maps have elite versions.

Have fun!Thanks for explaining that Sam. So the other two maps are just new maps, and also have elite versions.

Tyger
03-12-2013, 05:25 PM
You got full int boosting armor previous to this patch? Without any investment in to intelligence at all, and with just a filled out Vengeful Blood, I literally couldn't run out of mana before this patch. I never had to drink a mana potion, ever. That was broken and not fair since the other classes did, even with points in intelligence. In fact the mana cost for the Warrior's abilities were almost half that of the Rogue's.

I'm sorry that you don't like the change but it's not going back to what it was. Numbers can be adjusted if we feel they need to be but I have to say that as I'm testing it, I'm never forced to spam mana pots. Yes I have to drink some now and then but that was the intent, one class never having to use mana pots was poor implementation on our part.

"I'm sorry that you don't like the change but it's not going back to what it was." Easy there, no apology necessary.
{PS: I was simply talking about armor with a primary str boost and a secondary int boost (The old school Demonlord of Will set). Essentially I choose to forego dex boosts to dodge and crit so that I would always have enough mana to reliably use my skills for PVE.}
-I miss the old "vengeful roids" effect, but I don't expect to get it back. It does seem however, that a better balancing tactic would have been to simply lower the mana recharge rate of vengeful blood / up the mana cost of all skills. That would have achieved the potion use balance without raising as much of an issue with lenghty cooldown times.
-The changes aren't really the problem at all and I dig the concept of a more tatcful skill. Its just that my build has simply been driven extinct by a single update and it has made me lose interest in playing as a warrior. The whole draw of the warrior was that it was slow at killing, but could fight steadily throughout a battle without bottoming out on health or mana. The rogue was the exact opposite, fighting in quick devastating bursts and depending on clever skill use and crit dmg to win battles quickly before it lost all steam.
-It doesn't seem all that fair to give the rogue and warrior nearly identical mana wells because the rogue can simply do more dmg with fewer skills and incredibly frequent criticals.
-Essentially your point about balancing the potion issue is entirely valid but in trying to balance it another imbalance has sprung up.
-Taking two classes, one of which uses mana far more efficiently than the other (in terms of damage/mana) and giving them similiar mana wells creates yet another imbalance.
-Vengeful blood in its current state simply doesnt accomodate for that mana efficiency imbalance because you have to take damage from a deadly enemy/rogue to get a decent mana return.
Furthermore it seems that in the process of trying to balance things the updates are slowly taking away what gives each class their specific edge. This is all my humble opinion and I realise that I'm speaking in generalities + I am no expert/senior contributor.

Mysticaleagle
03-12-2013, 05:28 PM
Awesome update!

harimaumalaya
03-12-2013, 05:31 PM
Warrior like have been cook after update

Awesome for other class

Sent from my MT11i using Tapatalk 2

embarm
03-12-2013, 05:34 PM
Ty swede,for the statements you put regarding the warrior class abilities being removed to come to terms n make it reasonable with other classes ,so i think the warrior classes ability of damage n dps too should be revised,since with the best gears available too the warriors will fall way short by a mile or two in damage n dps compared to rogue's n sorcerer's

embarm
03-12-2013, 05:39 PM
well said tyger

Swede
03-12-2013, 05:45 PM
Warriors should be behind Rogues and Sorcerers in DPS, they were always meant to be have the least damage output and instead be the hardest to kill. And Warrior mana costs are still much lower than the Rogue, just not half anymore. Essentially, if you want to spam Chestsplitter and Skyward Smash now, you have to do something to compensate for your higher mana cost.

Here are a few things that will help

Put some points in Intelligence
Drink a Mana potion
Group with a Sorcerer that has trained and use Empowered Lifegiver
Get a pet that helps with Mana regeneration or increase Intelligence
Train and use Vengeful Blood

None of those will let you become completely independent of Mana again, but that was never the intent in the first place. In the meantime, we will keep monitoring game play and feedback to see if we have to make more adjustments but it's definitely too early to say.

octavos
03-12-2013, 05:54 PM
Warriors should be behind Rogues and Sorcerers in DPS, they were always meant to be have the least damage output and instead be the hardest to kill. And Warrior mana costs are still much lower than the Rogue, just not half anymore. Essentially, if you want to spam Chestsplitter and Skyward Smash now, you have to do something to compensate for your higher mana cost.

Drink a Mana potion

None of those will let you become completely independent of Mana again, but that was never the intent in the first place. In the meantime, we will keep monitoring game play and feedback to see if we have to make more adjustments but it's definitely too early to say.

Vengeful, as my officer bastok showed me is more of a setup move now..you have to get hit to get back ur mana. now its not an automatic regen like before..so tanks can actually tank...as for mages im still figuring that one out.

Bebsi
03-12-2013, 05:59 PM
I tested a bit and I say the mana depletion is a shock at first but still it's the first hour so I try a few respecs, pets and gear.
Don't cry before u tested every possility to boost ur character.
I understand that before warriors never had to think about mana and ofc that had to be nerfed :)

Of course I will test on my Mage and rogue, too to see what changes the update brought.
In all, Ty for ur efforts. It is still too early to complain lol

embarm
03-12-2013, 06:00 PM
Ty swede,
the whole point of mana is ultimately able to give damage to the opponent,since the warriors still damage the same as before the update n after too,which infact tipped the balance against the warrior class.now warriors have to worry about mana n take pots and still yield the same damage as before.now it costs to even be able to yield the axe :)

Darko
03-12-2013, 06:03 PM
I like the concept in pve for ve.. but ita completed destroyed the warrior in pvp.. rouges were alreqdy destroying us..now they just don't hit us while we are buffed, run around since our damage input is terrible now, and once we use skills and they don't hit us we have to run looking for mana pot while getting blasted by arrows, ive tried clyde for mana, but damage is so terrible we can't kill anybody anymore...unless they have weak gear...:/

Cero
03-12-2013, 06:08 PM
With new VB it is impossible to tank mobs unless you use tons of mana pots. Mobs I used to handle pretty easily are now difficult and require copious use of mana pots. Neutered is correct!!!

sigh, having problem drinking a lil or more potions? rogues have been drinking bottomless pots from the start.

1= more blue potions to drink
mob= less to none blue pots,

ive tested vengefull in tombs, it fulls quickly if you have tons of mob hitting on you. the more mobs you tank the more you mana gets replinished. with this the tanking concept gets more intresting.

Darko
03-12-2013, 06:18 PM
Hop
sigh, having problem drinking a lil or more potions? rogues have been drinking bottomless pots from the start.

1= more blue potions to drink
mob= less to none blue pots,

ive tested vengefull in tombs, it fulls quickly if you have tons of mob hitting on you. the more mobs you tank the more you mana gets replinished. with this the tanking concept gets more intresting.

Cero, I agree with pve we should use pots, I never have...however, in pvp we can't usepots, and with our damage output nerfed, we can't kill anybody, our skills that produce little damage, have slow cd, our dps is lowest and does little damage as well...rouges create about 400% more damage now yet we obly have 150% more health... its so not balanced

Tyger
03-12-2013, 06:18 PM
Ty swede,
the whole point of mana is ultimately able to give damage to the opponent,since the warriors still damage the same as before the update n after too,which infact tipped the balance against the warrior class.now warriors have to worry about mana n take pots and still yield the same damage as before.now it costs to even be able to yield the axe :)

Embarm I appreciate that you may be tired of warriors with infinite mana. Except Swede already admitted that the exact stats might need to be tweaked a bit (Maybe cooldown/mana return????????? Maybe?) and that is enough to satisfy me for now. Your posts have been kind of confusing and hard to read btw, but either way I see your point.
-I do however, take offense to the low/cheeky tip "drink a mana potion", mature Swede. I do put points in my intelligence, the fact remians that simple intelligence boosts to mana arent enough to accomodate for the fact that warriors have to spam moves like smash and splitter to have an effective damage output when they are soloing. Not everyone has the opportunity to play with an elite team/allocate an effective mana regen pet. (PVP?)
- I personally have accepted my manaless fate. However, I genuinely think Spacetime might end up losing a healthy percentage of new players to good, old fashioned frustration as yesterday's warrior was by far the easiest/funnest class to learn off of as a beginner and today it seems even more complicated to play than the other classes. I spam all of my Sorcs skills in mobs and never seem to run out of mana with the help of full lifegiver and my high sorc DPS, will lifegiver be brought to the chopping block next?

embarm
03-12-2013, 06:33 PM
TY tyger,
I m playing AL a fairly new player,but i m level 26 warrior class,and no i am not fed up with infinite mana as well.
the point i am trying to make is that its good that the game developers and testers want to make the warrior class more in tune with the other two classes with respect to mana usage,but the real problem is warriors still return the same minimum damage as before this change occured,it does the same still,the only good thing with limitless mana is you are able to spam attacks to make up for the low damage on oppoents.
this change is fairly well made for PvE,but in terms of PvP its purely terrible when you are PITTED against higher dps and only thing you can do is do your attack and then wait for the mana to generate.
a smart opponent will not even hit you back during buff period and neither can the warrior use any pot in there,so just die and restart and you get full lol :)

inkredible
03-12-2013, 06:44 PM
this is gonna be a whole learning week. figuring things out over again LOL

Nananana
03-12-2013, 06:49 PM
-Slightly increased Mana cost on Warrior abilities.

-Warriors now receive improved bonuses from increasing their Dexterity.

O come on! Why would warriors want dexterity now? lol
Please change this to intelligence. Warriors dont care about dodging

Taxxor
03-12-2013, 07:12 PM

New Kraken Mines Area!
New Elite Loot!
New Bosses!

Warrior:

'Vengeful Blood' has been changed to debuff nearby enemies, which will replenish the mana and health of anyone they attack while debuffed.
Rebalanced Windmill damage and fixed a bug with Windmill that could cause extra damage.

Sorcerer:

Buying the dodge upgrade to the Sorcerer's Time Shift ability now also increases initial damage.

Rogues:

Bug fixes:

Kraken Skewer, Slicing Flintlocks, Flamberge and Blackbeards Hooks have had their damage output buffed.
Rare spawn Minibosses in the Elite version of Reef of the Ancient Mariner can now drop Elite loot.
Fixed a bug that would sometimes not allow pets to be auto-fed in the middle of combat.
Moved Shazbot slightly to not trip up new players in Windmoore. Also added a clone in the first dungeon of Brackenridge.
Removed bush at beginning of Brackenridge Village Elite dungeon that would grab pet agro and start timer.

Does Lifebane Rogue weapon damage output means Life Thief? Or is it another weapon?

gundamsone
03-12-2013, 07:24 PM
I havn't had a chance to test all the rogue daggers in game yet since this patch but my comment is based on my assumption.

So assuming that lifethiefs now accurately represent it's stats, which means depraved daggers are the best now next to arcane hooks?
I can totally understand that you guys are a company and need to make revenue to keep this game up and running but shouldn't the best daggers for the avg Joe be lootable in an elite map? or at least have identical stats to the best elite daggers but here instead the best daggers for the average person can only be looted off watch crates or be bought off the ah/another player.

I personally don't like this change nor do I feel that the life thiefs needed a nerf. Slicing flintlooks should have been upgraded with identical stats to the lifethiefs or a new dagger could have been introduced to be on par with these. It's really gonna suck for those players who saved a hard earned 1.5-2m+ b/c now l25 alps are down to 300k if not lower.

Tourea
03-12-2013, 07:37 PM
Change Vengeful Blood back to the way it was please. It was so much better like that. I really don't like the change and won't be playing if it stays like this. I also think a vote should be done to decide new changes to the classes.

n00b13st
03-12-2013, 07:43 PM
Loki will no longer heal enemies? That's hilarious. *Imagines toon beating on pet for aiding and abetting the enemy.*

Tyger
03-12-2013, 08:17 PM
"None of those will let you become completely independent of Mana again, but that was never the intent in the first place." -Swede

But why shouldn't we be able to spec the warrior to be mana independent? I have one avatar for each class and I've noticed that while there is definitely a mana potion imbalance, it is not necessarily a game breaking or unfair imbalance. Warriors are expected to tank and grab aggro in almost all team situations anyways and so they end up using the most health potions overall (aside from emergency situations for rogue/sorc) (again this is in my experience).

-The rogue has a rather potent medic ability (Plus an offensive skill with a great chance to heal; SP) that allows it to instantly heal, the sorc has instant lifegiver heal with great regen, the warrior has a Heal over time horn for team support which is useful but is often too slow to give the warrior much health relief for more than 3-5 sec and the horn fully upgraded only gets you more aggro.

-I've found personally that the health potion usage of the warrior is a trade off for its ultimate tankng ability in tough battles (This is especially true in kraken isles levels). While the rogue mana potion usage seems to be a simple trade off for it's high damage output and extremely deadly skills like Aimed and Shadow.
- I don't really see why developers saw it fit to shake things up so much? Being that both classes have to semi-spam at least one type of potion to do their "JOB" nowadays.

-I can see the theory behind changing veng to make it more strategic/team oriented, but it also got totally nerfed and now that I've just played all my avatars for a few hrs I find the whole "waahhh you don't have to use any mana potions" argument to be an extremely ridiculous reason for pwning the warrior so badly. It seems as if SS has swung the bat with perfect mechanics, but missed the ball...

meanakric
03-12-2013, 08:20 PM
Very excited to see all the changes and particularly very happy that STS encourage different builds for each class.

Question One: Is it true that Sorcerer's lifegiver attracts aggro from mobs/bosses?
Question Two: Will I be able to maintain/getting better survivability if switches to Dex instead of Int?

elbowroom
03-12-2013, 08:33 PM
not complaining about the actual changes to vengeful blood itself, because infinite mana probably shouldn't fly, but rather how long it took to be instituted. I wouldn't have put so many hours into this game had I had any inclination this was in the works. I honestly didn't think much of it, considering AL is a casual mmo. kinda disenchanting to make such a game changing modification to a skill this late when the issue it's fixing has been there since day one. at no point in the game has mana ever been an issue for a warrior, so I feel it should have been addressed sooner if anything was going to be done about it. the game went through 2 level cap raises and content expansions and the skill is just now being changed? welp.

Tyger
03-12-2013, 08:38 PM
Very excited to see all the changes and particularly very happy that STS encourage different builds for each class.

Question One: Is it true that Sorcerer's lifegiver attracts aggro from mobs/bosses?
Question Two: Will I be able to maintain/getting better survivability if switches to Dex instead of Int?

I seem to recall reading somewhere that any form of "skill healing" may draw aggro, especially instances of AOE heal. I've had bosses in the tombs often shift towards me after dropping an extremely clutch, charged LG. However I was most likely throwing lightning bolts and fireballs right before that so I can't be positive it was the heal. Still I would say 75% sure YES on that first question. Although its nagging me in the back of my mind that I might have heard the heal/aggro tip while playing Star Legends as an engineer. Sorry I can't be a bit more concrete, Swede can probably help you though.

PS: elbowroom, I just realised that your point is actually what bother's me most haha I have just gotten to used to old Veng and it isn't really any of the player's faults that they have become accustomed to it. It's a pretty extreme and unannounced change. Also I feel the other classes got a much better deal in terms of what this update took/gave than the warrior haha

Zuzeq
03-12-2013, 08:43 PM
Gentlemen,

Can we give this update at least 24-48 hours and 5-6 respecs before we call fail? I believe the concept isn't totally 100% off base.

meanakric
03-12-2013, 08:44 PM
Yes, I definitely like to know the concrete answer for this, since they asked warrior to group with a Sorcerer that has trained and use Empowered Lifegiver, I DON'T WANT TO DIE for casting Lifegiver on other party members!!!

Jcyee
03-12-2013, 09:32 PM
Yay for free respecs :)

Eww new vengeance update...

Tyger
03-12-2013, 09:49 PM
Gentlemen,

Can we give this update at least 24-48 hours and 5-6 respecs before we call fail? I believe the concept isn't totally 100% off base.

The CONCEPT is the only thing I condone and I've said that throughout the thread, the circumstances however as result of the game being a certain way for so long and the warrior needing certain things to survive in PVP nowadays make the whole thing kinda outrageous.

Yos Riyadi
03-12-2013, 10:19 PM
Really good Update but you are really killing Warrior in PVP... real stupid... I'll be leaving this game after I've spent so much time and money..

AKILIOS
03-12-2013, 10:30 PM
i just wanted to thank you personally for destorying A.L ill be playing D.L smfh great game then you ruin everything

Jellowpy
03-12-2013, 10:30 PM
So much win on this update!

Thanks sam and dev ..

Maybe my little contribution is try be on the look out on Vengefuls cooldown time maybe shortening it a bit will compensate and be more usefull justa tad bit...

But overall liking the update so much..

BUFF ON HOOK BEST THING EVER!

AKILIOS
03-12-2013, 10:31 PM
basically you cant have dodge now because your tanks mana does not regen wth were you guys thinking ? idiots

earhole
03-12-2013, 10:46 PM
basically you cant have dodge now because your tanks mana does not regen wth were you guys thinking ? idiots

Agreed, that's the main reason for completely destroying the dodge buff on the captain's axe from 80% to 8%....

Cero
03-12-2013, 10:55 PM

lol chill out, if dodge doesnt work then why shove it in more?
though i get your point and also bringing up shield is a matter of hp or mana.

ishyrionek
03-12-2013, 11:44 PM
Great patch. Lots of big bugs fixed :-)

... But then omg VB is really so weak now.
For 1 warrior pvm its ok. 2+ warriors in game / fighting vs boss, and it sux.
In pvp i was able to god fight 1vs1 vs god rogue or sorc... And output was 50:50.... Now i can only fight in groups, mainly as tank :-\ . 10 kills -> 3 kills. 5 deads -> 7 deads.

For pvm we can make god party with 1 tank, and its ok. But then its ridicolous i cant play with warriors friends... Oh well few mana pots who cares :-)
But pvp its really from heaven to hell. Now i fell more like Big Shield who need find someone to beat him god, to regain mana, and use old offensiv spell close to enemy, more like deff buff/debuff lol,....

Debuf from VB should be re-cast like taunts, or have bigger debuff area, or lover VB cooltime with ofc decreasing vb effects durations... No idea...
Adding big cost of mana + taking main mana buff is just too much for pvp.

BenjOfDeath
03-12-2013, 11:52 PM
this is just so lame.. why remove warrior's mana buffs if you're just gonna increase the mana requiremets of each skill.. warriors are now food for kills for having no mana easily.. even though u have 1k plus armor and 4k health wont matter if u cant release skills for no mana.. please fix this..

gunshadow
03-12-2013, 11:54 PM
Tried playing my warrior and am using more pots than my rogue. At least with my rogue I can use my normal attacks and still be effective. With my warrior I'm basically rotating between hitting the health or mana pots just to stay alive. Won't even dare play PVP as I know I would be killed in seconds.

Vilified
03-13-2013, 01:16 AM
Epic update this is the kind of attention your games deserve =)

rabidcanary
03-13-2013, 02:36 AM
Make the entire game not so potion dependent.

Darko
03-13-2013, 02:38 AM

New Kraken Mines Area!
New Elite Loot!
New Bosses!

Warrior:

Sorcerer:

Rogues:

Bug fixes:

Sam,

AS I spent the last 5-6 hours testing all the changes on my warrior Darkko. I had an open Mind with this, and this is my conclusion as pretty much most tanks out there as you can see from this thread.

PVE... I like the concept as a tank is supposed to take damage, however when we taunt we are constantly having to mash mana/and pots, and barely have time to use a skill whatsoever...AT least in PL, bear and the pull jump up and smash a group. SOme type of skill. we cannot take on groups at all anymore, and our damage output is so low its ridiculous. Yes I understand ROuges and mages have higher DPS, i get that. but I saw a rouge today with a DPS of 431. A warrior can get around 207ish tops right now after update... thats hardly a balance. But warriors should have high damage. (not DPS) THe output on MAna and life is really a joke as far as the numbers, especialy in PVP.

PVP I played several horus in 1 vs 1 matches . Keep in mind i have all end game gear INCLUDING mythic helm with lvl 26 pets. ROuges completely DESTROYED warrior after warrior after warrior. it was utterly ridiciculous. They are still hitting 2000-3000 on crit, and we get to hit 200-400. how is that at all even close to being fair or balanced. OUr health isnt that high 4000-4500 with the damage output that rouges are putting out. Warriors now are getting maybe 1-3 kills a game, while rouges are 40-70. I played a game today with one of my members that got 53. I got 1. A warrior vs warrior battle now is like a two hour long epic battle, because nobody can produce any type of damage whatsover. Ill take 1000 damage, man ill take 500 at this point. SO basically it looks like this

Rouge vs warrior Rouge has more damage, more dodge, more crit, more bonus damage, more dps, faster CD
Warrior has more Health and armor... (thats balanced??)
***now lets look at the skills
shadow piercer (75 mana 2 sec CD) 152-190 dmg, increased on crit 10% reduction in armor (75% of getting 10% health) plus quick multiple strike

noxious bolt (61 mana 2 sec CD) 152-190 dmg + poison up to addiontal 25% of damage

Razor SHield (75 mana, 20 CD) 54-67 damage EVERY SECOND, increased 20% dodge (which they are already good in) plus they get the awesome power of removing all effects.8 seconds total damage.

Aimed shot (61 mana, 2 sec cd) 197-246 and increased on crit (increase 10%, you can up that to 250% on crit, plus you increase the chances of crit, PLUS the armor is reduced by 15%)

Ill skip shoadow and trap.... COmbat Medic (47 mana 15 CD) 25% health, increase by 15%, , plus self healer, , PLUS heal over time...

now lets see warriors skills (if you want to call it that)

Skyward Smash (66.8 mana, 4 sec CD), 259-354, increase in crit10% increase in damage, 25% chance of stun
Chest Splitter (61.8 maan, 3 sec CD), 259-354, and they have a chance to disoriean them (which rouges can get out of, but you have to sacrafice wither windmill or smash to get it)
Windmill (75.9 mana, 10 sec CD?? ) 224-280 damage up to 3 times 15% damage increase, snare
AXEthrow is useless, as rarely anybody uses it
Juggernaunt is cool, but than yoru basically a tank and have no offesneive firepower at all since ur dps sucks, and you have to have vengeful and horn or yoru dead)
rally cry (very cool but we can only have 4 skills so its pointless unless yoru running flags)
vengeful (25% increase in crit, 25% damage output, and 50+ in strength) even with that we cant kill anybody, and horn, yay we get a two second shield (compare that with the ridiculous mage shield), (15 sec cd), 350-437 6 times.(over 8 seconds)

so lets do the mathI have 4559 health while in vengeful. thats 15 seconds.. we will go off that time frame. HOrn basically gives me 2400 over 8 seconds which is roughly 46% of my health. in the same 15 second time frame a rouge used combat medic.. which each pack is 25% of their life. 3 packs equal 75% of their life. thats not including if they have self heal, and heal over time. I saw a rouge today with 2500 health. so when it comes to heal a rouge can heal itself from 75%-100% , a warrior only about 50% according to the numbers)plus they are in control of their heal, warriors arent, and sometimes use it when they dont need it. so still on this 15 second time frame, , a rouge can hit you with piercer 175 damage 3 times (525) but they also reduced my armor 10%, and as if there medic wasnt enough they have a 75% chance of getting 10% life back. but they but razor shield on at the same time so you just got another 480 damage off as well, 2 sec later you get crit aimed shot, thats at least 1500, and again yoru armore is reduced 15% , so with those 4 skills we caused 2500 damage and reduced yoru armor by 25% in basically 5 seconds, times that by 3 for 15 seconds, you have 7500 damage,(and thats being generous since you can spam them since they all have 2 sec cd and you could really use all three in 3-4 seconds and not including the damge after the armor redection) and remeber our health was 4559+2400(for horn) 6959 total. This doesnt even INCLUDE the dps from just swinging the damn knives.so lets look at warrior, I get vengeful which increases damge 25%, so skyward will hit around 375-450, lets even say i hit a perfect windmill 280 damage 3 times with the 15%, thats 966 (but the 3 hits isnt even guaranteed), so basically in 5 seconds i cause 1391, say 1400 for argument sake. ill even lower rouge to 2000 health which is about average for what ive seen. they hve 600 life after my attack but since medic packs were out they just increased itback to 2000 very quickly. The next 5 seconds (windmill not usuable cause of 10 sec cd), lets even say they got no medic packs in first 10 seconds, i can only use skyward once more in that time frame, at 400. they are still alive... casue dps is so Loooow for warrior. the health we do get back from vengeful is a joke, i saw 22, 27, 28 today, what does that do when your getting hit with 4 digits. so lets review again

ROuge, more crit by far, more dodge by far, more dps by far, more damage by far, faster CD by far, more abilities for offensive skills by far (warrior only class that needs to use buff for skill, so we get two offensive slots) (rouges buff razor however causes damage as well) better health by far, (more life percentage given, and horn is SOOO slow)its funny how our skills also take up more mana, windmill (our most damaging skill takes 75.9 mana , and 10 sec CD, which is higher mana than ANY rouge skill) aimed shot, rouges best, is there lowest mana output at 61 for the offensive skills,(shouldnt this be highest mana output, and highest CD since its so damn damaging) . it would take me 40 seconds to produce the amount of damage they can in 4 seconds. I really hope this is looked at.. A lot of warriors are upset because we at least had a fighting chance with the so called "glitch". now we are pointless. at least when mages were weak they could still stand back and shoot and get kills. warriors cant do anything now. I spend a ton of money here , and am about to stop, because STS listens to people that twink , and say warriors are op, with absolutely no evidence whatsoever, and mostly rouges and mages are the ones who post on forums regularry. All we can do now, is put horn, and juggernaut , nix the offensive skills, and and run flags, cause thats all we are good at now........ :/ before update i was k/d 4168-2911. Now im 4174-2963 , thats 6-52 record lol with a few hours of 1 vs 1 which i always do and excelled at. those 6 wins were against 3 warriors (epic long battles), 2 mage (sorry cero;) and 1 rouge who was lvl 25. that is not balance in a 1 vs 1 atmosphere especially when i had such a good record prior and have been good in pvp ever since PL with my dex bear :) I honestly wonder if you guys look at the actual numbers cause how you have pumped up one class (rouges) and degraded another class (warriors) is appaling. I know this is just a test and the numbers need to be looked at, but I really hope you give the warrior a fighting chance... keep this also in mind (most players in AL are warriors) thats a lot of pissed off people. And also keep in mind warriors by far have the higest priced equipment in auction compared to other classes, so they are already at a disadvantage to begin with . I feel terrible for the warriors that cant afford good equipment, because today i was three seperate warriors myself included all with mythic end game gear, get oblierated. I couldnt imagane what those without that gear are going through.... my rants over, nothign will change, and we will probably get nerfed again because rouges will whine that we are still op (eventhough we never were)...

Tyger
03-13-2013, 03:10 AM
Darko - That is essentially the write up I wanted to do, but was too furious to write earlier without using profanity. Today I went as far as to not only test pvp, but also test all classes in PVE and noticed that warriors may not use many mana potions, but we use tons of health potions to tank for rogues and mages! Regardles, I really wanted to believe that I could live with the new Veng and that I could make it work in elite runs, but it is complete garbage and even with "small number tweaks" I don't see us ever being equal with the other classes in terms of general competitiveness and PVP play. Not to mention, playing NORMAL lvls is also frantic and awful now. Furthermore how are rogues and mages gonna depend on us to carry teams with our bulk and skills so severely crippled? This is going to effect pretty much every aspect of the game regardless of class or lvl!
-I really hope more warriors begin to post their outrage and get the devs ATTENTION because I was pretty much being told that I knew NOTHING and at one point I was even mocked slightly when I tried to address the devs on how much this update has devastated my own Warrior PVE build an those of my guild mates. I'm lv 25 and had 8432 Kills/7 deaths. I died three times TODAY simply running through normal KRAKEN LVLS, with a buddy trying to test out the new vengeance system [8892/10 ;( ]. The new Veng and Captain's axe updates are BROKEN in all capitals and they take away any "OP" advantages that may have allowed warriors to once upon a time be competitive in PVP and comfortable in PVE. A mobile MMO should not be this stressful!

-The truly shameful thing about this whole situation IMO is that it is literally "illegal" in terms of the forum's banning rules for us to form any sort of movement or "petition" that would help players (Paying customers mind you) to demand that a service they spend money on actually be returned to a playable condition. I hope we aren't ignored because it is entirely fixable mishaps like this that often cause games (especially online MMOs) to develop a deteriorating fan base. I understand that the site needs to keep some form of it's own control over the game to ensure fairness and neutrality for all players, but shouldn't we as consumers have a bit of sway here?
-I hope for the games sake that this whole incident gets resolved, even if I'm gone or banned by the time it actually gets fixed. Just think, over 1/3 of your players suddenly have a bitter taste in their mouth and are now carrying generally useless axes that they spent a pretty penny on. Slippery slope here for sure. Not to mention the entire reason for neutering the warrior class in this update was supposed to be "to return potion balance" and now there seems to be more actual GAME BREAKING imbalances than there ever were to begin with. Ruined my day man, may ruin the game and I wanted to sprint through Arlor FOREVER and EVER...

Phoebehottie
03-13-2013, 04:27 AM
Okay nice update for rogues and mages thanks

BUT

SO UNFAIR FOR THE WARRIORS BUFFS DONT WORK MANA REGEN DOESN'T WORK AND MOST OF ALL WARRIORS ARE THE HARDEST PEOPLE TO KILL ON PVP CAUSE THEYRE TOUGH AND THEY SHOULD BE THOUGH THE CRITICAL WAS THE ONLY GLITCH in the game WHY REMOVE THE WARRIOR'S TOUGHNESS A LOT OF PEOPLE WILL BE QUITTING THIS GAME IF U DONT FIX THIS ASAP
Another thing warriors doesn't need. Additional taunt skills taunt is already in one of the skill upgrades

Ribbit doesn't regenerate the mana and doesn't add critical strength

Plus rogues has two types bow and blade type why only update the bow type rogues
Strength should have additional stats too for blade type rogues
Not only Intelligence coz most of the players are blade type rogues

We will be quitting soon we bought millions of platinum for this game
Fix this please coz we love this game till the update

Tyger
03-13-2013, 05:22 AM
PhoebeHottie,
It is crazy refreshing to see an actual rogue no? Who would have the common sense to stand up for a fellow warrior. This is after all a TEAM/PARTY based adventure/social game and regardless of how seriously people take a "macho" metagame like PVP, the big impact people tend to miss is that weaker tanks are going to make every LEVEL that much harder for every player trying to get through the game or do Elites.
If rogues thought mana potions were a problem, wait until they see the ammount of health potions they will be spamming without constant horn of renew support to buff them and give them invulnerability! Honestly my biggest problem is not with Veng itself, but with the fact that I can no longer heal my team when I need to without sacrificing ALL of my hammer and chest splitter damage output.

Valsacar
03-13-2013, 06:30 AM
PhoebeHottie,
It is crazy refreshing to see an actual rogue no? Who would have the common sense to stand up for a fellow warrior. This is after all a TEAM/PARTY based adventure/social game and regardless of how seriously people take a "macho" metagame like PVP, the big impact people tend to miss is that weaker tanks are going to make every LEVEL that much harder for every player trying to get through the game or do Elites.
If rogues thought mana potions were a problem, wait until they see the ammount of health potions they will be spamming without constant horn of renew support to buff them and give them invulnerability! Honestly my biggest problem is not with Veng itself, but with the fact that I can no longer heal my team when I need to without sacrificing ALL of my hammer and chest splitter damage output.

*hands Tyger a mana pot*

Try this, it might help.

bloodyneo
03-13-2013, 06:45 AM
where is 1v1 arena !!!

Excuses
03-13-2013, 06:54 AM
Well.

I have to say.....New Veng is a FAIL.

I understand the point of whole this change.. but still it is a fail.

Fisrt, to tank, it's ok with mana itself if you have good mana regen pet or over 700 mana like Swe said because all skill cool down is long unless you use CS or not in elite... But now it makes me use more health pots. More taunt effect with less mana, and take dmg to get mana. I tested it in many places against many mobs and bosses, but it briefly gives 20% of mana when I loss 40% of my health. You ask tanker to earn mana from using our health? Sounds like you are telling me give up tanking. You just made it so difficult only.
Yes we do have Horn with shield. But like always rogues whine about using health pots, warrior have to use pot to be a tank.(Someone has to use it, either party or tank. Not free for warriors too. We just use less pots that other class.) especially if you are good and keeping aggro, then it's busy enough to check my and other's health and boss position, etc... but now I have to check my mana too. Well. maybe I need just more practice, but this is a game and people who wants to play easy (like my wife) choose to be warrior. But you ruined it. Now she is quitting this game she said.
Do you think making all class difficult is being fair?
While rogue does NOTHING for party but dmg, was it too much for warrior to get free mana to keep party alive? Well. I don't get it.
People who wants challenge will play rogue or mage. Leave warrior easy please.

Second, in PVP, warrior is just a tank, too. Without pots, using health to get mana... While all attack is scratching them, once I ran out of mana, standing there and kill myself.
Now Rogues have 900+ armors too, plus, special rogue only higer dmg weapons while Warriors have barely 1000+, 500 more health and crippled dmg. you say fair?
Why not Mage have armors like that? It's best is 600+ only and dmg is not much different as warrior.
Yes rogue and mage's dps must higher than Warrior, but if you want to talk about being fair in PVP, you need to let warrior have something to poke them.

What is the point of Tanking? Taking dmg to keep my party alive, right? The idea that getting mana back from taking dmg was brilliant, but it's not working as you intended and just make us use more pots risk all party's life. Again, Tanks do need to use health pots a lot, more than you think if they are alone or on elite.

I think you should just decease mana regen or incease Cool down time... Sorry. I think this is a fail

CrimsonTider
03-13-2013, 07:08 AM
My only question is:

Why the push to add dexterity for mages/warriors? One of the best attributes to this game was the ability to maximize your class by being "pure." Is STS looking to add more "wacky" stats to their games?

Valsacar
03-13-2013, 07:54 AM
My only question is:

Why the push to add dexterity for mages/warriors? One of the best attributes to this game was the ability to maximize your class by being "pure." Is STS looking to add more "wacky" stats to their games?

I disagree, one of the worst thing is that being pure is the best build. There's not variety, look at all the "best" in each class. Same stats, same gear, boring.

Darko
03-13-2013, 08:16 AM
*hands Tyger a mana pot*

Try this, it might help.

Hes saying all he can do is constantly use mana and health pots, and we now have time for a skill or heal...pick cause we can't do both

embarm
03-13-2013, 08:31 AM
ty for all the updates,its reall high time,
-doesn't make sense what is putting in dex going to give a warrior,whn now it has to worry about mana too,instead have to put in int for mana,n forgo str n dex :)
played a pvp match where 3 warriors combined was not able to kill a rogue in a 3v1 battle lol

Energizeric
03-13-2013, 08:34 AM
People who wants challenge will play rogue or mage. Leave warrior easy please.

Best quote of the day!!

So let me see if I understand this correctly..... People who prefer to die more often and be less successful in the game should play rogue or mage because they want more of a challenge, but people who just want to win all of the time and do the best should be a warrior because it's easy?

Sorry, but are you serious or just trolling!?!!??!

CrimsonTider
03-13-2013, 08:43 AM
I disagree, one of the worst thing is that being pure is the best build. There's not variety, look at all the "best" in each class. Same stats, same gear, boring.

So you want AL to be like PL where one gear set is worn by all and there truly is "no variety?" I disagree.

JaytB
03-13-2013, 08:56 AM
now...i m still using the clever flam assault for better dps...

is there some problem?

Yes, here's your problem :p

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?t=88373

Zuzeq
03-13-2013, 08:58 AM
Sam,

AS I spent the last 5-6 hours testing all the changes on my warrior Darkko. I had an open Mind with this, and this is my conclusion as pretty much most tanks out there as you can see from this thread.

PVE... I like the concept as a tank is supposed to take damage, however when we taunt we are constantly having to mash mana/and pots, and barely have time to use a skill whatsoever...AT least in PL, bear and the pull jump up and smash a group. SOme type of skill. we cannot take on groups at all anymore, and our damage output is so low its ridiculous. Yes I understand ROuges and mages have higher DPS, i get that. but I saw a rouge today with a DPS of 431. A warrior can get around 207ish tops right now after update... thats hardly a balance. But warriors should have high damage. (not DPS) THe output on MAna and life is really a joke as far as the numbers, especialy in PVP.

PVP I played several horus in 1 vs 1 matches . Keep in mind i have all end game gear INCLUDING mythic helm with lvl 26 pets. ROuges completely DESTROYED warrior after warrior after warrior. it was utterly ridiciculous. They are still hitting 2000-3000 on crit, and we get to hit 200-400. how is that at all even close to being fair or balanced. OUr health isnt that high 4000-4500 with the damage output that rouges are putting out. Warriors now are getting maybe 1-3 kills a game, while rouges are 40-70. I played a game today with one of my members that got 53. I got 1. A warrior vs warrior battle now is like a two hour long epic battle, because nobody can produce any type of damage whatsover. Ill take 1000 damage, man ill take 500 at this point. SO basically it looks like this

Rouge vs warrior Rouge has more damage, more dodge, more crit, more bonus damage, more dps, faster CD
Warrior has more Health and armor... (thats balanced??)
***now lets look at the skills
shadow piercer (75 mana 2 sec CD) 152-190 dmg, increased on crit 10% reduction in armor (75% of getting 10% health) plus quick multiple strike

noxious bolt (61 mana 2 sec CD) 152-190 dmg + poison up to addiontal 25% of damage

Razor SHield (75 mana, 20 CD) 54-67 damage EVERY SECOND, increased 20% dodge (which they are already good in) plus they get the awesome power of removing all effects.8 seconds total damage.

Aimed shot (61 mana, 2 sec cd) 197-246 and increased on crit (increase 10%, you can up that to 250% on crit, plus you increase the chances of crit, PLUS the armor is reduced by 15%)

Ill skip shoadow and trap.... COmbat Medic (47 mana 15 CD) 25% health, increase by 15%, , plus self healer, , PLUS heal over time...

now lets see warriors skills (if you want to call it that)

Skyward Smash (66.8 mana, 4 sec CD), 259-354, increase in crit10% increase in damage, 25% chance of stun
Chest Splitter (61.8 maan, 3 sec CD), 259-354, and they have a chance to disoriean them (which rouges can get out of, but you have to sacrafice wither windmill or smash to get it)
Windmill (75.9 mana, 10 sec CD?? ) 224-280 damage up to 3 times 15% damage increase, snare
AXEthrow is useless, as rarely anybody uses it
Juggernaunt is cool, but than yoru basically a tank and have no offesneive firepower at all since ur dps sucks, and you have to have vengeful and horn or yoru dead)
rally cry (very cool but we can only have 4 skills so its pointless unless yoru running flags)
vengeful (25% increase in crit, 25% damage output, and 50+ in strength) even with that we cant kill anybody, and horn, yay we get a two second shield (compare that with the ridiculous mage shield), (15 sec cd), 350-437 6 times.(over 8 seconds)

so lets do the mathI have 4559 health while in vengeful. thats 15 seconds.. we will go off that time frame. HOrn basically gives me 2400 over 8 seconds which is roughly 46% of my health. in the same 15 second time frame a rouge used combat medic.. which each pack is 25% of their life. 3 packs equal 75% of their life. thats not including if they have self heal, and heal over time. I saw a rouge today with 2500 health. so when it comes to heal a rouge can heal itself from 75%-100% , a warrior only about 50% according to the numbers)plus they are in control of their heal, warriors arent, and sometimes use it when they dont need it. so still on this 15 second time frame, , a rouge can hit you with piercer 175 damage 3 times (525) but they also reduced my armor 10%, and as if there medic wasnt enough they have a 75% chance of getting 10% life back. but they but razor shield on at the same time so you just got another 480 damage off as well, 2 sec later you get crit aimed shot, thats at least 1500, and again yoru armore is reduced 15% , so with those 4 skills we caused 2500 damage and reduced yoru armor by 25% in basically 5 seconds, times that by 3 for 15 seconds, you have 7500 damage,(and thats being generous since you can spam them since they all have 2 sec cd and you could really use all three in 3-4 seconds and not including the damge after the armor redection) and remeber our health was 4559+2400(for horn) 6959 total. This doesnt even INCLUDE the dps from just swinging the damn knives.so lets look at warrior, I get vengeful which increases damge 25%, so skyward will hit around 375-450, lets even say i hit a perfect windmill 280 damage 3 times with the 15%, thats 966 (but the 3 hits isnt even guaranteed), so basically in 5 seconds i cause 1391, say 1400 for argument sake. ill even lower rouge to 2000 health which is about average for what ive seen. they hve 600 life after my attack but since medic packs were out they just increased itback to 2000 very quickly. The next 5 seconds (windmill not usuable cause of 10 sec cd), lets even say they got no medic packs in first 10 seconds, i can only use skyward once more in that time frame, at 400. they are still alive... casue dps is so Loooow for warrior. the health we do get back from vengeful is a joke, i saw 22, 27, 28 today, what does that do when your getting hit with 4 digits. so lets review again

ROuge, more crit by far, more dodge by far, more dps by far, more damage by far, faster CD by far, more abilities for offensive skills by far (warrior only class that needs to use buff for skill, so we get two offensive slots) (rouges buff razor however causes damage as well) better health by far, (more life percentage given, and horn is SOOO slow)its funny how our skills also take up more mana, windmill (our most damaging skill takes 75.9 mana , and 10 sec CD, which is higher mana than ANY rouge skill) aimed shot, rouges best, is there lowest mana output at 61 for the offensive skills,(shouldnt this be highest mana output, and highest CD since its so damn damaging) . it would take me 40 seconds to produce the amount of damage they can in 4 seconds. I really hope this is looked at.. A lot of warriors are upset because we at least had a fighting chance with the so called "glitch". now we are pointless. at least when mages were weak they could still stand back and shoot and get kills. warriors cant do anything now. I spend a ton of money here , and am about to stop, because STS listens to people that twink , and say warriors are op, with absolutely no evidence whatsoever, and mostly rouges and mages are the ones who post on forums regularry. All we can do now, is put horn, and juggernaut , nix the offensive skills, and and run flags, cause thats all we are good at now........ :/ before update i was k/d 4168-2911. Now im 4174-2963 , thats 6-52 record lol with a few hours of 1 vs 1 which i always do and excelled at. those 6 wins were against 3 warriors (epic long battles), 2 mage (sorry cero;) and 1 rouge who was lvl 25. that is not balance in a 1 vs 1 atmosphere especially when i had such a good record prior and have been good in pvp ever since PL with my dex bear :) I honestly wonder if you guys look at the actual numbers cause how you have pumped up one class (rouges) and degraded another class (warriors) is appaling. I know this is just a test and the numbers need to be looked at, but I really hope you give the warrior a fighting chance... keep this also in mind (most players in AL are warriors) thats a lot of pissed off people. And also keep in mind warriors by far have the higest priced equipment in auction compared to other classes, so they are already at a disadvantage to begin with . I feel terrible for the warriors that cant afford good equipment, because today i was three seperate warriors myself included all with mythic end game gear, get oblierated. I couldnt imagane what those without that gear are going through.... my rants over, nothign will change, and we will probably get nerfed again because rouges will whine that we are still op (eventhough we never were)...

Sooooo, make a Rouge.

earhole
03-13-2013, 09:04 AM
So you want AL to be like PL where one gear set is worn by all and there truly is "no variety?" I disagree.

This is pretty much the case for AL also. Where some specific weapons such as the hooks and the abyssal flameberge received massive updates, while other weapons got nerfed.

CrimsonTider
03-13-2013, 09:09 AM
This is pretty much the case for AL also. Where some specific weapons such as the hooks and the abyssal flameberge received massive updates, while other weapons got nerfed.

Actually, not the same. Not even close. In PL, we have mages, birds, and bears ALL wearing STR gear because of lack of skill, use of elixirs, and PvP unbalance. AL provides each class with their OWN gear which provides for much more variety. Also, if you have read any of the recent threads provided by the gentleman above you(Jaytb), you would see that some of the best gear is not necessarily legendaries/mythics/arcane. This adds to the variety.

Zuzeq
03-13-2013, 09:23 AM
Darko - That is essentially the write up I wanted to do, but was too furious to write earlier without using profanity. Today I went as far as to not only test pvp, but also test all classes in PVE and noticed that warriors may not use many mana potions, but we use tons of health potions to tank for rogues and mages! Regardles, I really wanted to believe that I could live with the new Veng and that I could make it work in elite runs, but it is complete garbage and even with "small number tweaks" I don't see us ever being equal with the other classes in terms of general competitiveness and PVP play. Not to mention, playing NORMAL lvls is also frantic and awful now. Furthermore how are rogues and mages gonna depend on us to carry teams with our bulk and skills so severely crippled? This is going to effect pretty much every aspect of the game regardless of class or lvl!
-I really hope more warriors begin to post their outrage and get the devs ATTENTION because I was pretty much being told that I knew NOTHING and at one point I was even mocked slightly when I tried to address the devs on how much this update has devastated my own Warrior PVE build an those of my guild mates. I'm lv 25 and had 8432 Kills/7 deaths. I died three times TODAY simply running through normal KRAKEN LVLS, with a buddy trying to test out the new vengeance system [8892/10 ;( ]. The new Veng and Captain's axe updates are BROKEN in all capitals and they take away any "OP" advantages that may have allowed warriors to once upon a time be competitive in PVP and comfortable in PVE. A mobile MMO should not be this stressful!

-The truly shameful thing about this whole situation IMO is that it is literally "illegal" in terms of the forum's banning rules for us to form any sort of movement or "petition" that would help players (Paying customers mind you) to demand that a service they spend money on actually be returned to a playable condition. I hope we aren't ignored because it is entirely fixable mishaps like this that often cause games (especially online MMOs) to develop a deteriorating fan base. I understand that the site needs to keep some form of it's own control over the game to ensure fairness and neutrality for all players, but shouldn't we as consumers have a bit of sway here?
-I hope for the games sake that this whole incident gets resolved, even if I'm gone or banned by the time it actually gets fixed. Just think, over 1/3 of your players suddenly have a bitter taste in their mouth and are now carrying generally useless axes that they spent a pretty penny on. Slippery slope here for sure. Not to mention the entire reason for neutering the warrior class in this update was supposed to be "to return potion balance" and now there seems to be more actual GAME BREAKING imbalances than there ever were to begin with. Ruined my day man, may ruin the game and I wanted to sprint through Arlor FOREVER and EVER...

What about the Warriors embracing the change and still being successful? I have seen plenty in game/on forum. Don't Warriors have a class section to discuss how to adjust?

uzidredar
03-13-2013, 09:34 AM
Sam,

I honestly wonder if you guys look at the actual numbers cause how you have pumped up one class (rouges) and degraded another class (warriors) is appaling. I know this is just a test and the numbers need to be looked at, but I really hope you give the warrior a fighting chance... keep this also in mind (most players in AL are warriors) thats a lot of pissed off people. And also keep in mind warriors by far have the higest priced equipment in auction compared to other classes, so they are already at a disadvantage to begin with . I feel terrible for the warriors that cant afford good equipment, because today i was three seperate warriors myself included all with mythic end game gear, get oblierated. I couldnt imagane what those without that gear are going through.... my rants over, nothign will change, and we will probably get nerfed again because rouges will whine that we are still op (eventhough we never were)...

Wow. The only reason why there are so many warriors it's because they were grossly overpowered in pvp. Now guess what: you need to learn to play your class better and make do with whatever resources you've got like us sorcerers have been doing since day 1 of pvp.
The system will balance itself and dusted rogues and sorcerers will come back again, STS doesn't need to panic due to a couple of warriors going down to a more realistic k/d ratio.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Spicy1
03-13-2013, 09:37 AM

Drink a Mana potion

Heres a few ideas. Why dont you try making all classes less dependant on potions? I would like to see potions as a lifesaver in critical moments only. Add cooldown to potions and revamp all classes so that they are more dependant on their skills and not on potions. Potion spamming takes no skill, using characters skills at right time and the right way takes skill. :) Tldr; make classes to depend more on their skills, not potion spamming.

Syylent
03-13-2013, 09:40 AM

Yeah the buffs to them were a little over the top.

Leeniskibac
03-13-2013, 09:58 AM
Even the best warriors are now easier to kill than mages... (tested with friends at all levels, they tried several builds).

Either add more survivability, or increase damage a little.

earhole
03-13-2013, 10:01 AM
Even the best warriors are now easier to kill than mages... (tested with friends at all levels, they tried several builds).

Either add more survivability, or increase damage a little.

What sucks is that we can do a full tank build maxing out hor, veng, juggernaut, rally cry, and might. Leave us with no room what's so ever for pvp. STS should at least allow players to have 2 builds to switch on. One for pvp and one for pve.

Taxxor
03-13-2013, 10:31 AM
Hi devs,

Well good update i must say. Appreciate that now there is a 2nd stat with additional bonuses to each class.. adds more variety to the game. and thanks for the free respec too.

Must say now sorcerers are more relevant now the new elite maps. Their crowd control skills ie root and ice is so useful and they do decent damage now given the lifethief bug has been fixed. I also have been seeing sorcerers out DPS-ing rogues which I must admit was quite a surprise but headed towards the right direction. I think most pro sorcerers would agree.

This is my experience from PVE and not PVP. I personally play warrior. Seems fun till now.. no complains..

ustaloff
03-13-2013, 10:37 AM
Best quote of the day!!

So let me see if I understand this correctly..... People who prefer to die more often and be less successful in the game should play rogue or mage because they want more of a challenge, but people who just want to win all of the time and do the best should be a warrior because it's easy?

+1 =)

Tyger
03-13-2013, 11:11 AM
*hands Tyger a mana pot*

Try this, it might help.

Wow. TROLL much? If you disagree at least explain yourself. No one can deny that weaker tanks are going to make levels way harder for teams.

Labellatew
03-13-2013, 11:33 AM
So for whatever reason when I tried to respec yesterday after update it required plat. Although it was suppose to be free and even took it from my stash. I had also closed app out b4 I tried. Then after taking the plat I tried to respec again and it was actually reflecting free. What happened lol help please

Tyger
03-13-2013, 11:43 AM
Best quote of the day!!

Sorry but this update isn't gonna make rogues and mages any more successful lol. You guys might have a blatant and ridiculous edge in PvP for a while, but if warriors don't get a remedy for veng soon, your best weapons are just going to get nerfed again to create "balance". PvE is simply gonna become a complex nightmare, especially in elites where the tank and horn of renew have become a survival STAPLE, but will no longer be present.
-Furthermore every game with multiple classes usually has a class that is easy for beginners to use and build up. Mages and Sorcerers have their own advantages and often outperform warriors at higher lvls, but the warrior is enjoyable to play fom the beginning and a good chunk of AL's fan base really dug that. (I started as a rogue and quit playing for 4 months until I decided to test out warrior and it was FUN.) I think that is more what mstj was trying to say. You didn't have to point your TROLL finger.

Tyger
03-13-2013, 11:50 AM
Sooooo, make a Rouge.

You sir need to come up with some more useful material, you were on my thread telling everyone to accept this awful update and "respec until we were satisfied" yet you offered no reason as to why we should accept that a game most of us pay to play has become almost unplayable for warriors.

Ulthyre
03-13-2013, 12:12 PM
Don't delete you accounts and go all crazy now. They can see that obviously the warriors are furious and they will probably do something about it. You can still do elites with a mage or two on your team. For pvp, obv dont 1v1 for now and stick close to a mage... or don't pvp and just wait it out 'til next update, make some money, try some builds and other classes. You've all spent so much time on this game already don't delete those acc, they wont let over a third of their players continue to be sad/unhappy.

Excuses
03-13-2013, 12:38 PM
Best quote of the day!!

Yes I am serious.
Try any other RPG games or something. There is always a easy-to-play, basic class like warrior, and expert class like rogue and mage.
I didn't say who wants to die more, who wants more challenge.

The problem of AL is that pvp is not 1 on 1. (Or 2vs2 will be fine. 5 is just too many.) Warrior mob is not beautiful. Well mob is not always looking good to me. Hate people using f word and saying 'farming!!'.
And i do think in pvp rogue and mage should be stronger naturally. I said it because their ask 'class balance' all the time.

What I am saying is for new player and those who wants easy play, keep warrior easy.

And for pvp, I said it's ridiculous to get hit to get mana while dmg taken is bigger than mana gen, and because of warrior's weak dmg skills, it's hard to ger kills now. (1 on 1)
I did mentioned thay mage need more amror and it's not fair to give improved weapon to only one class.
Not trying to undermind other class or asking unfair favor.

Hope you get my point.

I decided not to use veng, and it works fine in regular maps. (Didn't tried elite yet. But I think will be fine too). But dmg is really poor and makes me more busy with both health and mana. (When you have a good party with good tanks, mage throw distant attack to stun and dmg, check mana of party and go heal. For rogue, they need to just focus on dmg and mana(with a good mage, just nothing but health in case)
Now without a mage with mana heal, it's harder to tank. It is playable. I meant harder.

Make rogue to dmg, mage stun better, and warrior harder to tank. This is the point.

What I was saying is the change of veng was good idea, but a fail in result.
It it's gonna be like this for good, please increase the amount of mana regen with the skill at least.

Zuzeq
03-13-2013, 01:04 PM
You sir need to come up with some more useful material, you were on my thread telling everyone to accept this awful update and "respec until we were satisfied" yet you offered no reason as to why we should accept that a game most of us pay to play has become almost unplayable for warriors.

Please refer to the section made for tanks. They have plenty of builds that they are saying is sucessful with the new update. I typed that empty message to respond to a rant about how Rouges are "Gods", so I sugested they make one.

In Addition: I will give you all the gold you need for pots until you find a build you're happy with.

Tyger
03-13-2013, 01:08 PM
Don't delete you accounts and go all crazy now. They can see that obviously the warriors are furious and they will probably do something about it. You can still do elites with a mage or two on your team. For pvp, obv dont 1v1 for now and stick close to a mage... or don't pvp and just wait it out 'til next update, make some money, try some builds and other classes. You've all spent so much time on this game already don't delete those acc, they wont let over a third of their players continue to be sad/unhappy.

As someone who has already seen many of his AL friends rage quit, I can't agree more with this. I hope some serious changes are made so that (estimating) 45% of the Arcane Legends community doesn't suddenly become fed up with completely game-altering class changes for only ONE victim class.

mafiainc42
03-13-2013, 01:14 PM
this i find hilarious u give us magez some crap buff on ignite yet u increase the cd on fire. deeeeeeerppp a derp well done. POINTLESS!!!!!!!!

I work for food stamps if u guys need help.

earhole
03-13-2013, 01:18 PM
Please refer to the section made for tanks. They have plenty of builds that they are saying is sucessful with the new update. I typed that empty message to respond to a rant about how Rouges are "Gods", so I sugested they make one.

Those guys can basically make any build successful with the amount of gold/plat they have. They have the best of every equipment. It's like Warren Buffet saying the declining economy is not a big deal. He doesn't feel in the least bit affected.

Zuzeq
03-13-2013, 01:22 PM
Those guys can basically make any build successful with the amount of gold/plat they have. They have the best of every equipment. It's like Warren Buffet saying the declining economy is not a big deal. He doesn't feel in the least bit affected.

So I will make you the same offer as I gave Tyger. I will party with you and feed you gold for pots. I'll even throw in some gear/pet (under 200K) until you're happy. Don't really like seeing AL getting bombed and I also love my tanks.

earhole
03-13-2013, 01:27 PM
So I will make you the same offer as I gave Tyger. I will party with you and feed you gold for pots. I'll even throw in some gear/pet (under 200K) until you're happy. Don't really like seeing AL getting bombed and I also love my tanks.

I don't even care about the Venge mana thing since I'm using Skyward Smash for the stun and mana regen along with a pet that regens mana. I'm more pissed about the nerfing of the captain's axe from 80% dodge proc to 8%. 8% is useless. They could of at least made it 25% or something. The dodge proc was a chance buff and when it does buff, it only buffs for about 2-3 seconds.

Nerfing the axe has personally affected the options tanks could of have imo. We'll need 3-4 buffs with one attack instead of 2 buffs and 2 attacks with that axe.

Zuzeq
03-13-2013, 01:40 PM
I don't even care about the Venge mana thing since I'm using Skyward Smash for the stun and mana regen along with a pet that regens mana. I'm more pissed about the nerfing of the captain's axe from 80% dodge proc to 8%. 8% is useless. They could of at least made it 25% or something. The dodge proc was a chance buff and when it does buff, it only buffs for about 2-3 seconds.

Nerfing the axe has personally affected the options tanks could of have imo. We'll need 3-4 buffs with one attack instead of 2 buffs and 2 attacks with that axe.

With that...What weapon is top for you guys?

Samhayne
03-13-2013, 01:40 PM

Hi Earhole,

I'm sorry to hear that you're upset about the change to the Captain's Axe proc. The 80% was simply a typo. It was always planned to be 8% and it is our bad for not catching it when the Expansion was in testing. That said, if you're building for dodge, 8%, on top of Dex on top of a pet with dodge, on top of gear with +dodge is still significant. Thanks for keeping an open mind about it.

Excuses
03-13-2013, 01:50 PM

Wow. I didn't know this... I Throw my dark potency and got this for 80% dodge... 8% is a joke. Made me waste gold. Come on sts.

earhole
03-13-2013, 01:52 PM
Hi Earhole,

I'm sorry to hear that you're upset about the change to the Captain's Axe proc. The 80% was simply a typo. It was always planned to be 8% and it is our bad for not catching it when the Expansion was in testing. That said, if you're building for dodge, 8%, on top of Dex on top of a pet with dodge, on top of gear with +dodge is still significant. Thanks for keeping an open mind about it.

Thanks for the reply, but dex is pretty much still useless for a warrior. An all dex (154 points) into dex yields about 10% dodge. I rather have 3k+ health than have 1k health with 10% dodge imo.

Bejo
03-13-2013, 03:09 PM
The new update not much bothering me but after several try in some maps i find problem in new vengefull blood. When fight with long range mobs like archers or gunner that attack from distance the mana not filled up since they out of range from my debuff. So i think there is better if vengefull blood buff players and allies instead of debuff enemies.

Samhayne
03-13-2013, 03:14 PM
The new update not much bothering me but after several try in some maps i find problem in new vengefull blood. When fight with long range mobs like archers or gunner that attack from distance the mana not filled up since they out of range from my debuff. So i think there is better if vengefull blood buff players and allies instead of debuff enemies.

If you charge up Vengeful Blood, it will pulse off you for 14 seconds. That's plenty of time to move closer to the ranged baddies shooting you, no?

sirrotniuq
03-13-2013, 03:23 PM
Why does the mage mystic helm get 18 dex which got buffed where the mythic rogue helm has 18 str which didnt get buffed..... mages max DPS is up to the 390s where the Rogue max DPS is about 380 on the nose..... please adjust the rogue mythic helm to show 18 int instead of str so we can max out our DPS like the mages have

mafiainc42
03-13-2013, 03:27 PM

my visa card had a typo can i have my money back?? this is a huge deal for ppl like myself who spend 100s of platnium to obtain this weapon in yur crates. and then u ppl just switch the stats..this was nvr discussed in any of yur threads. huge nono!!

sirrotniuq
03-13-2013, 03:31 PM
and i doubt i woulda paid what i did for the rogue mythic helm had i known that INT would be buffed for rogues instead or str

earhole
03-13-2013, 03:34 PM

my visa card had a typo can i have my money back??

A dex build simply doesn't work. 10 dodge to a full dex build leaves you with about 1k health which equals to one hit ko in elite maps. A dex build will leave you with very minimal >100 dmg, low health for the tradeoff of +10 dex.

The main point of a tank is to stay alive. With 3k+ health, we can at least take a couple of hits allowing us to pot instead of playing russian roulette with 3 in the chamber.

Natrich
03-13-2013, 03:44 PM
and i doubt i woulda paid what i did for the rogue mythic helm had i known that INT would be buffed for rogues instead or str

Looks like every class is unhappy with these 'secondary' stats.

Warriors, for example, has dexterity as their buffed stat when they need intelligence way more. And dexterity in general is only useful when you have a significant amount of it

earhole
03-13-2013, 03:44 PM
Since you guys work for or are the devs at STS, you can test a full dex build with all the best dodge gear and dodge pet. You'll have about 50 to maybe 60% dodge and when tanking in a elite map with say 7 monsters attacking you. That's pretty much like 7 hits a second. You'll dodge about 3-4 hits, the remaining hits that do get through will KO you due to the measly 1k'ish health.

Just did a test respec on full dex and it only gave me about 750 base health.

3k+ health with 40% dodge > than 750 health with 50% dodge any day

earhole
03-13-2013, 03:46 PM
Looks like every class is unhappy with these 'secondary' stats.

Warriors, for example, has dexterity as their buffed stat when they need intelligence way more. And dexterity in general is only useful when you have a significant amount of it

That's the problem. A full 155 stats to dex only gives about 10 extra dodge. Kinda insignificant gain for the TOTAL amount of stat points used.

fleokac
03-13-2013, 04:18 PM
please put the old vengeful blood back :( i dont like the new one it takes too long to regenerate pleasee :( i hope you hear this

Bullhul
03-13-2013, 04:23 PM
I don't like the game anymore, you killed the warrior

Frans
03-13-2013, 04:48 PM
Im warrior lvl 26, theres 2 things i want to say
1. For me theres no PVP anymore, warrior is to easy now
2. I can accept the update. Is totally different now for warrior, is like removing critical on rogue or removing fireball/ice from mage. I hope the other class can see from our point of view. After 26 level and suddenly change the most important skill in warrior isnt easy for us. I dont know the dev team will make a new update or not regarding skill on warrior.

Phoebehottie
03-13-2013, 05:28 PM
Sooooo, make a Rouge.

WTH.... Make a rogue.???? THE WHOLE POINT OF MAKING A WARRIOR IS TO BE A TANKER TO ABSORB DAMAGE THEN U TELL HIM TO MAKE A ROGUE PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU COMMENT ON SOMETHING.... warriors and rogues are two distinct classes whats the point of putting a warrior as a choice class if theyre not important please use ur head.... Some people are just so naieve and selfish if u were a warrior and you put so much work on your character and an crappy update ruined ur stats how would u feel....

You would not want to play this game ever....

Empathize for the warriors

Im a rogue. But i feel the warrior's grief and anger

Please fix this soon i beg you coz a lot of peopld will stop playing coz tankers are really important they should do something ASAP

Phoebehottie
03-13-2013, 05:46 PM
[COLOaddtional A07A"]

Okay so nice idea for the additional stats but let me add something to that if you want differences from classes have additional secondary stats for strength intelligence. And dexterity for all classes

Let me site examples
__________________________________________________ _____________________________

Rogues has two types.
Why just concetrate on the bow type for intelligence addition stats
Bow type additional stats for int
Blade type additiona . Stats for str

Mages has two types as well
Wand type addtional stats for strength
Gun type addtional stats for dex

Warriors
Axe dex addtional stats
Sword int addtional stats for buffs for more mana

See there are lots of room for improvement

Please listen to the games coz we are they ones who pay for the game
Those who agree on me for these addtional stats please comment on my post so that the development team will do something about it

Thanks again

^_^

[/COLOR]

earhole
03-13-2013, 05:49 PM
Wow, just got this from the rogue forum. The secondary 'int' stats on the rogue is AMAZING. Just respec my level 15 rogue to pure int. Has more way more health and mana on the build versus a pure dex build. Loses a bit dps, dodge and crit, but nothing significant. This might be the best solo rogue build as suggested...lol

Serancha
03-13-2013, 06:01 PM
I play both a 26 rogue and a 26 warrior. Rogue is technically my main, however, I am equally comfortable on both characters. Most people that know me, know that I spend quite a bit of time testing with different and sometimes unusual gear and spec configurations in order to get the best performance out of my equipment and characters. This update was no different.

My rogue spent several hours in a 1vs1 pvp lobby last night with various warriors - all of very high calibre. At first there was quite a bit of trouble: they couldn't get enough damage, were always out of mana etc. But as the evening progressed, they developed their builds to a good level of comfort. At this point the duels became almost perfectly balanced, and only a matter of skill, timing and/or luck that determined the winner of the duels. It came to the players themselves to determine the outcome, not the game mechanics. This, I believe, is the ultimate goal STS is striving for with class balance.

Today I took my warrior and respeced to a similar build to what one of my friends came up with last night. With minor gear configurations I ended up with over 1000 mana, without sacrificing damage or health. 4 runs of Elite rooks nest, 3 Jarls, and 2 Seas later, I was seeing consistent damage output that was much higher than what i had anticipated, given all the hullabaloo, and I had not yet run out of mana, or seen any problems with vengeful blood. "Go to PVP and fight some duels" my friends challenged. So I did.

In 2 hours of pvp duels, I never once went below 50% mana. I rarely dropped below 50% health unless I screwed up, and did not find that my character felt weak or lacking in the least. In fact, he felt just as strong as my rogue, just in a different sense. I found the same in the full rounds of CTF I played. I know I'll probably piss people off by posting this, but I just felt that it needed to be said that all is not necessarily terrible, and it is actually very much workable if you just open your mind a bit.

Swede
03-13-2013, 06:31 PM
If you charge up Vengeful Blood, it will pulse off you for 14 seconds. That's plenty of time to move closer to the ranged baddies shooting you, no?

Correction Sam, you need the Focused Rage upgrade to get the increased timer to 14 seconds from 10. Charging will however significantly increase how much Mana and Health will be applied to those hit by someone with the debuff.

Tyger
03-13-2013, 06:36 PM
Praytell Serancha what exactly is this mystical build and loadout you speak of? Because I am willing to not only try it, but also shut my mouth if it actually works even remotely well.

backars
03-13-2013, 06:48 PM
:sorrow: sts update .. my fr leave punk update and sts money dog ...bye

Grandx
03-13-2013, 08:33 PM
The idea is not to get hit its to survive and how can we without mana

kingtidus
03-13-2013, 09:00 PM
warriors should adapt.u use ripmaw or flapjack anf i dnt have any trouble loosing mana. Warriors main problem is the windmill's damage. it ranges from 120 -250. 300 on crit. lower than the last cap.This damage doesnt change regardless of your base damage and dps. This is the main reason why warrior vs warrior in ctf doesnt end.

Asireuz
03-13-2013, 09:28 PM
Just a quick comment about lifegiver with empower. It wasn't very useful to a sorcerer in a team of warriors, because their horn of renew does a better job of healing, and they rarely needed the mana. I could do without it, since it gives about a sixth of my mana, and one mana pot has almost double that. Rogues, however, almost need it to get by without too many pots.

Now i guess this will be more true of warriors too, and that's okay with me. Don't get me wrong, I do understand the reaction of many of you here. But it is nice to be of more use, as a team player. The only problem i did see, is having to get closer to the action more often to use heal (without the range extension), which can be tricky in elite.

Serancha
03-13-2013, 10:02 PM
Praytell Serancha what exactly is this mystical build and loadout you speak of? Because I am willing to not only try it, but also shut my mouth if it actually works even remotely well.

I smell sarcasm, but I'll ignore it. There's nothing mystical involved - just the logical passives given the update, and gear that gives you mana without detracting hp or damage - there are many possible combos if you are willing to spend the time and look for them. As far as skills go - I have always preferred CS to windmill, and added mana return to smash. Horn of renew and maxed vengeful blood still make a nice combo - it is just a matter of timing for one on one. As many others in this thread have said - use pets that give mana regeneration like the other classes do.

As I said before, I love trying and experimenting with various configurations and setups, as do some other players I know. It's a fantastic part of this game, where you have to work to balance everything - every gain has a cost somewhere else, so finding that sweet matchup of gear and stats which has it all, is a pastime that can keep one occupied for ages.

bloodyneo
03-13-2013, 10:39 PM
the new mana rules is a failer for this game and its another step to quit this game.... back to dark legend but the developers are killing both now!!!

Tyger
03-13-2013, 10:45 PM
I smell sarcasm, but I'll ignore it. There's nothing mystical involved - just the logical passives given the update, and gear that gives you mana without detracting hp or damage - there are many possible combos if you are willing to spend the time and look for them. As far as skills go - I have always preferred CS to windmill, and added mana return to smash. Horn of renew and maxed vengeful blood still make a nice combo - it is just a matter of timing for one on one. As many others in this thread have said - use pets that give mana regeneration like the other classes do.

As I said before, I love trying and experimenting with various configurations and setups, as do some other players I know. It's a fantastic part of this game, where you have to work to balance everything - every gain has a cost somewhere else, so finding that sweet matchup of gear and stats which has it all, is a pastime that can keep one occupied for ages.
This seems like a big stall... I wasn't being sarcastic, but I do want you to please give me an example of the build you used that allowed you to "not find that my character felt weak or lacking in the least". Because I for one feel drained by this update and I've tried quite a few builds. I'm assuming this build either does not exist or costs a fortune in pets and gear to form, because plenty of veteran PvP warriors have simply quit the metagame in frustration. Please elaborate if possible...

Serancha
03-13-2013, 11:01 PM
I believe a huge part of the game is people discovering their own build and gear configs, not cloning someone else's. I can tell you that I use epic rings, not legendary, a free amulet from the Kraken Islands, a captain's axe, and berserker armor. Nothing mythic or arcane. I gave you enough information about my skills in my posts to figure it out but I am not going to post my specific build for every warrior in the game to clone. However, I will send you a private PM with my specifics to end this discussion so we don't take over the development thread arguing about it.

Excuses
03-13-2013, 11:10 PM
Of course It works fine even without veng if you have +1000 mana and mana heal pet. I mentioned it too.
Just saying new veng doesn't give enough mana back. I tried it for two days and see 40% health dmg for 20% of mana.

Warrior always need more dmg for pvp, and now we have to use our stat for mana than crit or extra dmg. And even got nerfed on dmg of windmill.(not talking about glitch, but general dmg output)

And now saying this is fair and welcome to real world... just because warrior have to use more pots like rogue to tank for rogue..... don't think it will be harder to find good tank now....

Well make warrior hard to do tank and call it fair. (Well. Fine. I don't use it anymore. Took out all taunt upgrade and put them on passive int. Works fine. Too bad for no tanking. Sorry)

And about captain axe potency's proc.

It's just typo?
Well. Then how about tons of people who used money on it because of '80%' dodge?
And I bet you will do nothing about it even though it's obviously your mistake.

Can I call it a scam?
Where should I report this?

Tyger
03-13-2013, 11:35 PM
Serancha: Forget it. I already know from your description that my build is similar, but with more INT upgrades (Full Demonlord of Will is the only difference, we even use the same amulet...) and I still find myself short on mana way too often, I don't know what you are used to succes wise though in AL. Vengeance has been robbed of all potency in a failed effort to make it more strategic, that's the gist of it. Devs please,please, please find a way to fix this and don't be to proud to admit that you may have just created more problems than you did solutions with this update. The truth is you guys do more good than harm, so the last thing I want to do is make you feel hated/condemned. It just seems apparent from the warrior nerfing that the only way to get things done nowadays in AL is to complain like rogues have about "OP" imbalances... so that's what we are all inclined to do now when we feel cheated.

-I like the fact that you guys are working so hard to keep the game fair and keep people interested in it.
-I can't thank you enough for all you have done to keep me playing and keep my friends playing so that the game stays active and fun, you have a fun and prosperous business going here.

Rest assured if I was the only one complaining I wouldn't be so persistent, but it is obviously a pervasive problem that needs your attention so until something happens I will encourage everyone to voice their dismay. I really do wish there was another way to ge things done.

inkredible
03-14-2013, 02:40 AM
Serancha: Forget it. I already know from your description that my build is similar, but with more INT upgrades (Full Demonlord of Will is the only difference, we even use the same amulet...) and I still find myself short on mana way too often, I don't know what you are used to succes wise though in AL. Vengeance has been robbed of all potency in a failed effort to make it more strategic, that's the gist of it. Devs please,please, please find a way to fix this and don't be to proud to admit that you may have just created more problems than you did solutions with this update. The truth is you guys do more good than harm, so the last thing I want to do is make you feel hated/condemned. It just seems apparent from the warrior nerfing that the only way to get things done nowadays in AL is to complain like rogues have about "OP" imbalances... so that's what we are all inclined to do now when we feel cheated.

-I like the fact that you guys are working so hard to keep the game fair and keep people interested in it.
-I can't thank you enough for all you have done to keep me playing and keep my friends playing so that the game stays active and fun, you have a fun and prosperous business going here.

Rest assured if I was the only one complaining I wouldn't be so persistent, but it is obviously a pervasive problem that needs your attention so until something happens I will encourage everyone to voice their dismay. I really do wish there was another way to ge things done.

I dont find myself short with mana at all in pvp, however pve is different i do run out, when i do ,i pop pots and then there i go but its not crazy mana eating .. from
what i have observed so far.

For your complaint, maybe a good suggestion for the devs would be lower the mana cost of the skills. As for me i am fine with things, no big issues

Tyger
03-14-2013, 04:26 AM
For your complaint, maybe a good suggestion for the devs would be lower the mana cost of the skills. As for me i am fine with things, no big issues

See that would be great and probably adequate for pve, but then you have the issue in PvP where smart opponents completely deny you any mana regen by not attacking you. How is it balanced if the opponenet has control over how much mana you get? There has to be some form of regen return during Veng even if it is something insignificant like a tiny regen rate boost. Otherwise Veng becomes utterly useless in PvP. PS based on what I've heard, you seem to be one of the few Warriors who is doing "fine" in PvP.

kingtidus
03-14-2013, 04:50 AM
i gave up in enhancing the damage of mill. got 203 dps.221 with buff. i already tried 5 agility 5 might.damage is still 120-200+. tried replacing agility with lvl 5 damage.still the same. that passive damage skill is useless. End up using chest splitter. I tried this in pvp with ripmaw as my conpanion. i tried to chase a sorcerer and lost all of my mana .Time to rest to regen my mana so i need to run away from him.lol.Its like playing pacman.goodbye windmill for now.

Frans
03-14-2013, 06:11 AM
Farming - auction house - farming - auction house - farming - auction house... I dont use my "gladiator" title anymore, im using "merchant" cos we are not warior anymore.... Proud to be a merchant class

Bullhul
03-14-2013, 07:50 AM
I believe a huge part of the game is people discovering their own build and gear configs, not cloning someone else's.

Excuse me but you cloned your friend's build!?!

Chaokaban
03-14-2013, 08:56 AM
For the warrior taunt,will it minus more damage?

Chaokaban
03-14-2013, 08:59 AM
After this update,each skill cost more mana and vengful blood which used to heal a lot of mana for warrior is gone. H2N,I hope that you will fix this problem.Thanks.

Zuzeq
03-14-2013, 08:59 AM
WTH.... Make a rogue.???? THE WHOLE POINT OF MAKING A WARRIOR IS TO BE A TANKER TO ABSORB DAMAGE THEN U TELL HIM TO MAKE A ROGUE PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU COMMENT ON SOMETHING.... warriors and rogues are two distinct classes whats the point of putting a warrior as a choice class if theyre not important please use ur head.... Some people are just so naieve and selfish if u were a warrior and you put so much work on your character and an crappy update ruined ur stats how would u feel....

You would not want to play this game ever....

Empathize for the warriors

Im a rogue. But i feel the warrior's grief and anger

Please fix this soon i beg you coz a lot of peopld will stop playing coz tankers are really important they should do something ASAP

Well Good Morning to you Sir/Ma'am,

If you follow this tread, I did correct this comment. My apologies once again. Please don't pick the one dull headed post and use it to rant on. You could have done that without me as motive.

Serancha
03-14-2013, 09:29 AM
Excuse me but you cloned your friend's build!?!

Actually, there were many builds derived from what we learned during the trial and error period the night of the update. From what I learned there, I knew which passive skills I wanted to use, and then chose my fighting skills by what I felt most comfortable with. This was modified and adjusted through playing, resulting in a build similar to, but in no way a clone of any of my friends' builds. Of course everyone I know is still experimenting at this point, so even if one wanted to, there is actually nothing to clone except a build that someone might have tried for an hour. This is what free respecs are for, after all...

Njsl1ck
03-14-2013, 10:09 AM
I'm not too happy about the changes on the vengeful blood skill for warriors, I thought our low damage was the cost for not running out of mana, now we have to keep spending 360g on mana pots or maybe pair up with mages. We want it back!!!!!

wvhills
03-14-2013, 12:05 PM
i cannot believe warriors are complaining about having to buy health and mana pots. On my rogue I go through 200 pots doing a single elite run.

Tyger
03-14-2013, 12:15 PM
i cannot believe warriors are complaining about having to buy health and mana pots. On my rogue I go through 200 pots doing a single elite run.

I think most people would agree that you are either using the wrong skills (certian builds are better for elites) or you don't have any decent tanks /mages in your party to provide adequate support. That is a RIDICULOUS ammt of potions even for a rogue my friend.

rabidcanary
03-14-2013, 12:26 PM
I don't do PVP with my warrior, I solo farm regular maps and sometimes do elite Jarl. I was vocal in my disdain of the Warrior nerf. I relied heavily on VB for mana replenishment. I tried various re-specs in order to return my warrior to his former glory, but nothing worked. I tried one last thing; I sold my ring and necklace and replaced them with high intelligence ones. Lo and behold I stopped hemorrhaging mana. I did lose a bit of armor due to the new jewelry, but my warrior is pretty much the same non mana guzzling killing machine as before.

Energizeric
03-14-2013, 03:54 PM
I don't do PVP with my warrior, I solo farm regular maps and sometimes do elite Jarl. I was vocal in my disdain of the Warrior nerf. I relied heavily on VB for mana replenishment. I tried various re-specs in order to return my warrior to his former glory, but nothing worked. I tried one last thing; I sold my ring and necklace and replaced them with high intelligence ones. Lo and behold I stopped hemorrhaging mana. I did lose a bit of armor due to the new jewelry, but my warrior is pretty much the same non mana guzzling killing machine as before.

Yes, there are always new builds to consider. A warrior could also spec some INT or get some passive INT. As a sorcerer I have a few points in passive STR, so no reason a warrior couldn't do the same for INT.

Angelificus
03-14-2013, 05:39 PM

I agree. That was my favorite "go-to." Now I run out of mana almost as quickly as a Mage/Rogue.

Chaokaban
03-15-2013, 12:23 AM
I'm not too happy about the changes on the vengeful blood skill for warriors, I thought our low damage was the cost for not running out of mana, now we have to keep spending 360g on mana pots or maybe pair up with mages. We want it back!!!!!

I agree

jacob1995
03-15-2013, 12:26 AM
Nice update!

Taigah
03-18-2013, 06:02 AM
At what time and timezone will the free respecs end?

Iphoneington
03-21-2013, 10:09 PM
Good update!