PDA

View Full Version : Please play the changes and experiment with different builds before going crazy, k?

Samhayne
03-12-2013, 03:03 PM
Today we had a pretty nice patch come out for Arcane Legends. If you haven't seen them already, please check out the notes at: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?89676-2013-03-12-Content-Update-(115460)

There are some awesome new maps to play and a number of refinements and balance changes. I've already had a couple people (over)react to the patch notes by picking out some of the balance changes and then saying something like, "OMG my class is nothing now!" This all after the patch only being out for an hour or so.

So, I want to throw this out there as an open invitation to play the game and take full advantage of the ability to respec your character for free. Play! Change up your build! Experiment with different skill combinations! Just because some "cookie cutter" builds you were using before might not be as optimal as they used to be doesn't mean that there are not great new builds waiting for you to find! With the changes to stat contributions there are even more ways to build your character out and be successful!

Thanks very much for keeping things on an even keel and also thanks heaps for playing Arcane Legends!

xcainnblecterx
03-12-2013, 03:07 PM
As long a sorc isnt.so squishy ill be happy. Thanks devs for.listening

Energizeric
03-12-2013, 03:52 PM
Yes, I just think warriors were so used to being OP that now that they are just average again they are upset. I guess it's only natural to feel that way.

Raxin
03-12-2013, 04:03 PM
Onry sad about venge

Vystirch
03-12-2013, 04:05 PM
K :)

Pandamoni
03-12-2013, 04:05 PM
Free respecs?! Nice! Honestly, that makes me want to go home and play a ton. Darned responsibilities. I wonder if the kids can eat donuts for dinner.

Vystirch
03-12-2013, 04:06 PM
Free respecs?! Nice! Honestly, that makes me want to go home and play a ton. Darned responsibilities. I wonder if the kids can eat donuts for dinner.

Yep, as a kid I will tell you donuts will work :)

Pandamoni
03-12-2013, 04:08 PM
My daughter thanks you...

Vystirch
03-12-2013, 04:15 PM
My daughter thanks you...

She has good tastes, I wonder what type of donut she will choose? :p

Pandamoni
03-12-2013, 04:16 PM
She'll probably bribe me for a donut AND an ice cream and a new lego set.

Vystirch
03-12-2013, 04:27 PM
She'll probably bribe me for a donut AND an ice cream and a new lego set.

Sounds like you must have a cutie on your hands :p

wowdah
03-12-2013, 04:31 PM
Sounds like you must have a cutie on your hands :p

Umm... oranges don't talk... hehe

xcs
03-12-2013, 04:37 PM
Hey sam,
What about the players that wasted gold on specific items.
I dont mind the changes in skills but the stats for items has also changed

Raxin
03-12-2013, 05:20 PM
Hey sam,
What about the players that wasted gold on specific items.
I dont mind the changes in skills but the stats for items has also changed
Yur burnt

xcs
03-12-2013, 05:44 PM
Warriors new skill after update:

Rally cry, (to runaway in pvp)
Horn of renew. (Increase chance of survival)

Passives.
Quickness , (to run faster)
Knowledge, (maybe manage mana)
Might, (in case u decide to fight)

Tnx for the update ,, enjoy hiding warriors :-)

Hiosahaf
03-12-2013, 06:32 PM

Passives.

Kinda true..but the only whim I have is that Vengeful Blood now doesn't restore mana!! :( wasted so many pots today! I don't get the reason why it was changed! Everyone needs mana, and warriors had this sliiiiight advantage, and that too monetary. As they saved a lot in mana potions. Many of us were ready to sacrifice one skill spot for that.. So in a way, we were at a disadvantage in PvE and PvP (latter mainly). But we're fine with it! Vengeful Blood is too precious to be given up!

Nananana
03-12-2013, 06:38 PM
I can deal with the warrior nerf, but the increased health for both rogues and sorcs is a bit back-breaking.

Pretty hard for warriors to get kills now

Liquid Ice
03-12-2013, 06:39 PM
Use pets with mans regen. I've been running a pure tank with no VB for a while now. I haven't tested after update but the new taunt system got me excited along with being able to add WM with taunt. Try playing the warrior as a tank instead. The DPS is terrible compared to other classes anyway.

Bastok
03-12-2013, 06:48 PM
Still experimenting with warriors builds, and I welcome the change. Seems like aggro is easier to control now and I've been experimenting with the new vengeful blood. I never would have considered using the skill before, but now I might. With windmill having taunt bonus now, I've been using that as well.

Right now I'm using a build with windmill, vengeful blood, chest splitter, and horn of renewal. It seems to be working well. Been trying to find a nice chain to use for optimal aggro, and this is what I'm thinking... Open up with chest splitter, then horn of renewal, chest splitter again, vengeful blood, chest splitter, windmill, chest splitter, horn of renewal. Maybe make some changes, but vengeful blood with it's critical and str buffs really help pull that extra aggro with chest splitter and windmill. I should also get the extra mp since mobs should be hitting me.

Lots of warriors are upset that blood isn't a spam for free mp skill anymore. Now you have to actually tank for the mp. Do your job and get paid, or else somebody else will get the mp.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

gundamsone
03-12-2013, 07:16 PM
Player A purchased 1700 Plat for 89.99 and converted into gold to buy l25 alp b/c they were the "best".

Player A now has to purchase a new pair of daggers which cost 100k before the update and now a few hundred k more b/c his "best" daggers now arn't the best anymore.

Player A maybe quite upset with this update.

sound familiar anyone?

Bastok
03-12-2013, 07:33 PM
Player A purchased 1700 Plat for 89.99 and converted into gold to buy l25 alp b/c they were the "best".

Player A now has to purchase a new pair of daggers which cost 100k before the update and now a few hundred k more b/c his "best" daggers now arn't the best anymore.

sound familiar anyone?

Sounds pretty familiar if you've played any mmo game out there... Times change, the best isn't always the best forever. That's why I'm pretty patient with getting gear. You never know when making hasty decisions are going to turn around to bite you in the rear.

Ruejade
03-12-2013, 07:39 PM
Umm, hi warriors... Welcome to a rogue's world lol!

gundamsone
03-12-2013, 07:42 PM
Sounds pretty familiar if you've played any mmo game out there... Times change, the best isn't always the best forever. That's why I'm pretty patient with getting gear. You never know when making hasty decisions are going to turn around to bite you in the rear.

I wouldn't complain if the new best came from elite content but instead it's coming from plat content as most of us can agree that the best gear can be earned freely aka farming elite bosses for this game.
I've been playing mmos for over 12 years now and this is the first time I have seen an update like this.
I'm going to get flammed for this but updates like these will drive players away.

KillaSkillz
03-12-2013, 07:43 PM
Alls i know is this. As a warrior. It was difficult enough to not do much damage in elite and spam heath pots without having to spam mana pots now too. Ima try a couple other build set ups but not happy we keep getting nerfed in pve because of whiner rogues with 2k+ crits can't one shot you in pvp.
Anyways i am going defense and dodge and going to aggro and stand there and do little 30 damage hits and see how well that works out i guess.

Liquid Ice
03-12-2013, 07:48 PM
Alls i know is this. As a warrior. It was difficult enough to not do much damage in elite and spam heath pots without having to spam mana pots now too. Ima try a couple other build set ups but not happy we keep getting nerfed in pve because of whiner rogues with 2k+ crits can't one shot you in pvp.
Anyways i am going defense and dodge and going to aggro and stand there and do little 30 damage hits and see how well that works out i guess.

That's the spirit. Doing the role a warrior should have been doing from the start.

Bastok
03-12-2013, 08:38 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't those rogue hooks found in elite pirate gold chests as well? I thought Hammerjaw was the only one restricted to the crates.

Energizeric
03-12-2013, 09:08 PM

sound familiar anyone?

Lesson #1 with MMOs is you should not try to "pay to win" or else you are going to be disappointed.

xcainnblecterx
03-12-2013, 11:07 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't those rogue hooks found in elite pirate gold chests as well? I thought Hammerjaw was the only one restricted to the crates.

Hooks can be found in elite chests too. Maybe theres a better chanch to get it from locks, but i.know a couple who got from elite chest

Valsacar
03-12-2013, 11:35 PM

You mean spamming health AND mana pots... kind of like what sorcs have been doing all along?

xcainnblecterx
03-12-2013, 11:38 PM
You mean spamming health AND mana pots... kind of like what sorcs have been doing all along?

Especially rouges. The thing i hated most leveling mine up. All i can say is adapt and over come, we sorcs been doin this since 16 cap

Greencrow
03-12-2013, 11:41 PM
I respec'ed like 5 times and I still don't have the right skills to choose ! help :D

xcainnblecterx
03-13-2013, 12:09 AM
As I said, the devs clearly play as rogues.

Samhayne, you can keep your Nerf brand warriors, with the Playskool weapons. Have fun owning every other class in PvP rogues... Oh yeah that's not a new phenomenon now is it?

For the record, I never respec'ed to take advantage of the devs major windmill screw-up, so I really appreciate the punitive nerf job you guys did.
Rouges are not as op as when pvp first came out. This is.seriously on of sts best updates imo.Every one ive heard complain is a warrio so far. Only rouges complain about weapon stats being all screwed now

panne
03-13-2013, 12:15 AM
Look who's talking.. "Before going crazy eh?" What if I told you I've bought ALP for almost 2 mil. around 5-7 days ago, did you guys gave a clear announcement about the nerf? Aaand don't tell us that you'll fix it after selling it for a cheap amount of 333k thinking that the prices will drop more. This is not just me, what a move and yeah great job, maybe?

xcainnblecterx
03-13-2013, 12:18 AM
Look who's talking.. "Before going crazy eh?" What if I told you I've bought ALP for almost 2 mil. around 5-7 days ago, did you guys gave a clear announcement about the nerf? Aaand don't tell us that you'll fix it after selling it for a cheap amount of 333k thinking that the prices will drop more. This is not just me, what a move and yeah great job, maybe?

It was made a announcement. That gear would be refined etc. Reason i didnt buy gear since announcement was first said

csyui
03-13-2013, 12:24 AM
Please play the changes and experiment with different builds before going crazy, k?

No. Players got crazy, cos u made a bad update. Find reason on ur side, do not blame players. Pretty upset about sts PR group.

digitalbot
03-13-2013, 12:32 AM
venge needs shorter cool down..
also armor needs a buff
thats it (:

xcainnblecterx
03-13-2013, 12:44 AM
STS make plat transferable so I can give mine away. Be a shame to delete it all.

Love how people quit.so easily. I almost.quit when this.came out.cause my sorc couldnt do anything helpful. Just stick with sts, they'll sort things out. Just give.constructive feed back and.not.complaint.or.whines.

gundamsone
03-13-2013, 12:45 AM
Umm I can no longer effectively farm pve kills now...I actually have to wait for my razor to come back up b/c it takes me 10+ whacks now to kill a single zombie in tombs 4...

Really don't get the nerf on ALPs :(

inkredible
03-13-2013, 12:48 AM
yeah i tried it before i take a break from AL
and to be honest.. its like being in university for like a year
and then the next year ur prof tells u.. okay ya so.. all u learned from last year was useless .. theres new scientific explanation
that totally disagree with the first theory, that theory was a hoax - now you have to stay another year to learn LOL

its not as bad , i just really dont like the whole being so thirsty for mana, after gettin used to not worryin about it
i mean us warriors.. well when i tank i use up a lot of pots, a tank dies everyone dies or die way more, so i try to keep alive as much as i could
now having the mana to be worried of, its not really a big deal, but the fact its gonna be another gold eating.

i probably spent more or less 100k on pots
over all running skull cove to help people.. i dont care as much bec i have the money, but it was such a money saver LOL

current specs.. idk how i feel about it

edited: im not complainin or cryin about mana, im a money maker, i care more about my money LOLOLOL
but money is never an issue anywyas, CLASSES are more balanced.
learn how to be a real warrior. you guys depended on vengence too much and the windmill glitch
there u go- lack of strategies and knowledge of builds

Bastok
03-13-2013, 01:16 AM
Seriously all the warriors are crying because they have to use a mana potion now? I've never used vengeful blood until today, and today just happened to be the day where I didn't use a single mp pot. Seems to work just fine for me. And besides, you are all seriously overreacting about saying you can't stay alive because now you have to worry about mana pots. I've used tons as a warrior since this game came out and I cannot think of a single incident where I died because I had to drink a mana potion. You guys need to grow up. This is a fantastic update all around. STS needs more of these mini content updates.

inkredible
03-13-2013, 01:48 AM
Oh I missed the part where Warrior's damage output was increased four fold to make up for the newly acquired inability to battle non-stop. Plain and simple fact is that Warriors only saving grace has been our ability to stand toe to toe with any mob and keep fighting. Our damage output is so low that you have no chance of killing anything even halfway troublesome unless you can heal and regen mp at will.

The Lumberjack analogy:

Rogues have big chainsaws with small fuel tanks. Chop 'em down fast, then pour in some petrol and do it again.
Sorcs have grade-A axes, finely honed. Chops 'em down pretty easy, but you have to rest, and 1 bad swing and your back goes out.
Warriors *HAD* camping axes. It gets the job done, eventually with almost 0 risk of injury and/or exhaustion.

But hoho surprise! Devs have confiscated our camping axes and replaced them with Weed Eaters. That tree ain't coming down, our fuel tank is tiny, and our measly nylon string keeps breaking.

idk about you bro, but im good with the update, if by damage u mean the windmill glitch that crits over 2k?
yeah sorry to say but this update eliminated the warriors who are only good with the glitch and really arent a good warrior

Valkiryas
03-13-2013, 02:02 AM
OMG Is amazing, żNow the warriors cry? Come on! Before the update a good warrior was invencible for a mage or a rogue, So Please 3000Hp and 1000 Armor, is enough for make a good combo.

inkredible
03-13-2013, 02:07 AM
Yeah quit pvp when the windmill glitch was introduced that was a major sts screw up. Keep your assessmentws of others to yourself if your only going to speak from ignorance. I play pve mostly, and it isn't that they made warriors impossible to play at all, it's that the basic reaction is anti-warrior in nearly every update. Do you have the mythic rarity warrior sword? Oh yeah.

im sorry but you were all about damage complaints on that last post as if warriors cant kill

"Oh I missed the part where Warrior's damage output was increased four fold to make up for the newly acquired inability to battle non-stop. Plain and simple fact is that Warriors only saving grace has been our ability to stand toe to toe with any mob and keep fighting. Our damage output is so low that you have no chance of killing anything even halfway troublesome unless you can heal and regen mp at will."

main purpose of the update i believe is more of a team work rather than one to one

well think about it people complain because theyre not "as good" without realizing they can be just as good. Otherwise if they got a good build they wont be posting complaints about "anti warrior update nearly every update"
thats where the assessment came from, im not literally putting anyone down, but simply saying LEARN builds , work with other classes AND STOP COMPLAINING
im fine with it, and im a hardcore warrior guy, i dont own a rogue or any mage at all

inkredible
03-13-2013, 02:10 AM
OMG Is amazing, żNow the warriors cry? Come on! Before the update a good warrior was invencible for a mage or a rogue, So Please 3000Hp and 1000 Armor, is enough for make a good combo.

4000+** now since level 26 cap ;) LOL tru tho

Akaee
03-13-2013, 02:12 AM

sound familiar anyone?

No, it was already known for quite some time alp was bugged so i didnt go for the outragious prices payed for the alp and collected the new weapons so am ready to go ;-). It has been aanounced several times the past weeks the bug had been detected and would be solved.

inkredible
03-13-2013, 02:15 AM
You clearly didn't understand the lumberjack analogy... If you think it 'was all about damage'

"But hoho surprise! Devs have confiscated our camping axes and replaced them with Weed Eaters. That tree ain't coming down, our fuel tank is tiny, and our measly nylon string keeps breaking."

FUEL tank is always refillable, shouldnt be a big issue
but by that metaphor ur making it sound like warriors arent strong at all ? and easily exhausted?
WHAT warrior are u playing ?? LOLOLOLOLOL

warriors can still hit 800 some dmg ( as from what i saw with my new build)
i still have 4000+ - 4400+ with venge
i have 970 mana, and im not even maxed out yet. i can easily increase that to 1100 or some with a simple ring
this is why i did not understand your metaphor because i dont agree or believe it,
i honestly dont think theres much change but rather fixed the glitch, they didnt lower the damage, they fixed the calculation
and well a whole completely vengence without mana, no big deal

Valkiryas
03-13-2013, 02:24 AM
Lol 182 Damage and 4500 Hp OMG a warrior now is a tank with legs... XD, No Rlly this update is nice for the 3 Classes Now my rogue with bow have 212 Damage ^·^

inkredible
03-13-2013, 02:31 AM
My entire complaint is with the completely unnecessary change to vengeful blood.

then ur simple complain is.. NO MANAAAA - u pve mostly right? use pots. but then again it sucks for people who cannot afford mana pots- thats a problem right there
vengence is the same cept for that mana- which is sad but workable.. i never had vengence till like half way of my game time..i was still learning, i learned to worked
around it and guess what, useful now

Lol 182 Damage and 4500 Hp OMG a warrior now is a tank with legs... XD, No Rlly this update is nice for the 3 Classes Now my rogue with bow have 212 Damage ^·^

even before the update ive had 180+ dmg lol and 4400+ HP , this update didnt affect me much

Valkiryas
03-13-2013, 02:36 AM
So Inkredible don`t have Venge?, and is an AMAZING player in pvp.

Chaim Nail
03-13-2013, 02:40 AM
Make mana pots cheaper, I'm now going through them like they were M&M's...

Valkiryas
03-13-2013, 03:20 AM
LOL

Zanpakuto
03-13-2013, 04:46 AM
My major complaint is that the warrior skills use more mana now on top of the inability to mana regen. That plus seeing how arcane hooks got such a super buff, what's the point of being such an expensive class. I'll wait to see how the arcane weapons and armor are for the warrior m later on, but if I don't see a 1000+ armor or 100+ dps sword, I'm restarting as a rogue. Tried a few builds but with no sorc, it's too expensive to keep playing.

kingtidus
03-13-2013, 04:51 AM
warriors need that mana on venge becoz warriors has the least amount of damage among the three.warriors need a lot of smash,mill and splitter to kill a rogue (dodge expert) sorcerer ( champion runner with shield) .try to do toe to toe with them and youll undersand. some of you are saying that warriors are only tanks.your shields when leveling up? human shield on pvp so you could kill steal? warriors also need offence. just like plaing basketball. how could you win without offence. rogue could kill a warrior with two crits without spending all their mana.

Valsacar
03-13-2013, 04:55 AM
I am a sorc, I AM NOT A DAMN HEALER, DRINK YOUR OWN POTS.

Thank you, that is all.

warland
03-13-2013, 05:08 AM
I do not like change ... I like the other things that put,You do not understand how the ability to remove and put up the warrior spend more mana does not seem logical, I love the game but this is certainly not.

KillaSkillz
03-13-2013, 05:27 AM
I'm going to be waiting a long time but I can't wait until they remove the insane damage from rogues and bring them down to under 200hp crits like warriors. Then MAYBE people will understand where the complaints comes from. it isn't crying. fine. I've got a 24.40% dodge, 2500 hit points, and 1000 armor. And a 14% crit. I will aggro and stand there and someone else can get the kills. If I die, everyone is dying because i'm using pots. And i'm gonna tweak my build some more so I can stand there and dodge and take hits and wait for someone that can do some damage to make kills. I don't pvp, I don't like it in any STS game. I like pve and it has been turned into stand there and take hits so someone else can get kills.

Fine i'll be the best bullseye pve has ever seen. And when I die, I hope you have pots because i'm limping back! :)
Tank = can take a pounding AND get the job done.
AL tanks are meant to just take a pounding is the impression I get.

TourneAsunder
03-13-2013, 05:33 AM
Onry sad about venge

Agree, while fixing the glitch was needed...and begged for- veng was fine as it was. I can not even tell if the new one is even working correctly in pve...19 mana per hit non stacking with anything beyond a single mob- so 20 mobs thwacking you at the same time still ticks off as a single mob attacking. Is that working correctly?...you figure it would be more mobs more mana...not for me at least.

xcs
03-13-2013, 05:55 AM
I careless about the stupid windmill glitch,,, but why do u always make it sound like we complaining n crying n your the true warrior ,, the one and only ,, the god of war.....

Just accept the fact,, warriors need V.B for mana and so do other classes.. that was our 1 advantage and its gone. But still early to decide how good or bad the update is.. allot of new builds can be discovered..

Actually i like the free respect, new maps and items with different stats... and on top of that i would like to thank sts for removn the windmill glitch n making if more fair for other classes to play in pvp.

I still crit 500, 700 and if lucky 900 :-)..

Chill guys ,, and enjoy free respects ........@

inkredible
03-13-2013, 08:37 AM
So Inkredible don`t have Venge?, and is an AMAZING player in pvp.

lol I DIDNT now i do, i started playin thisgame like decemeber or somethin
i didnt have venge until like few weeks after pvp update LOLwhen someone told me "HOW CAN U NOT HAVE VENGE, WHAT WARRIOR DOESNT HAVE VENGE?"

because i was taking all the mana pots in CTF LOL and i felt insulted so i finally got it.. im like oh wow what a difference

Skidmarkz
03-13-2013, 09:02 AM
I'm actually enjoying this update for a change bc i usually dislike previous updates. True, i'm disappointed with how non-op VB is now but it's still fine. Like what Sam said about cookie cutter builds, i'm actually having more fun playing my warr with a build that requires skills instead of just spam vb rib wm. Now i just hope they release an update to make mage's more enjoyable to play.

Kracker jak
03-13-2013, 09:43 AM
warriors r pure tank now taking all chance for kill lb how is this fair yes the dmg from mill was outrageous I dint use this until a week b4 update and had no problems with the low dps bcause I had a chance with mana using skills now my health doesn't matter due to complete lack of dmg

p.s. upcoming 1v1 pvp so much for warriors chance rogue win guarantee

kingtidus
03-13-2013, 10:18 AM
guys try to look at windmills damage. only 100-200 even if my dps is 203 without venge buff .this damage is lower than the last cap .same damage with a warrior with 140 dps . i think windmill's damage is fixed.

Natrich
03-13-2013, 10:21 AM
Only thing I don't like now is how rogues and mage get a dmg/hp buff. Make warriors armor slightly better to compensate.

kingtidus
03-13-2013, 10:21 AM
And to the upcoming pvp tourney, goodluck. warrior vs warrior doesnt end at all with both of them using mill. same damage regardless of their weapon. the only chance to win is pray thay your opponent doesnt have enogold to feed their pet for mana regeneration

TourneAsunder
03-13-2013, 04:55 PM
Forgot to say...kudos for the free respecs though...really awesome.

lovestriker
03-13-2013, 10:22 PM

Passives.

Rematch!!! bwahahaha

And thank you for the update. :)

Things I noticed:
Sorcerers now own. Especially with that 5 sec stun. >.<
Warriors now runaway...Except the experienced ones
Rogues...well they still get the job done...

Jcyee
03-13-2013, 10:50 PM
Lol I like how even though this thread was made, people are still going crazy about the update

Vystirch
03-13-2013, 11:07 PM
Lol I like how even though this thread was made, people are still going crazy about the update

Ninja'd me I was just gonna say that....

tmass
03-13-2013, 11:17 PM
As being a mage that does no pvp I don't notice much difference other than the chaged dex so you get 5 hp per dex and .1 dam per 2 dex points which is good to make gear more useful.
But you wont find any dex mages is my guess . B ut despite the complainers I love the respect its great to try new builds out. Thanks sincerely you squishy little friend and yes rouges I will heal your mana it is a group game everone should try to play a role that helps the team not every one is here to kill the boss and not everyone is here to tank but I will take out the trash

Valsacar
03-14-2013, 05:16 AM
As being a mage that does no pvp I don't notice much difference other than the chaged dex so you get 5 hp per dex and .1 dam per 2 dex points which is good to make gear more useful.
But you wont find any dex mages is my guess . B ut despite the complainers I love the respect its great to try new builds out. Thanks sincerely you squishy little friend and yes rouges I will heal your mana it is a group game everone should try to play a role that helps the team not every one is here to kill the boss and not everyone is here to tank but I will take out the trash

The point wasn't to make people go dex mage, it was to give varity in eq choices. Before the update "of security" was the only choice, dex did nothing and we needed hp. Now you can choose to trade half that hp to increased damage (plus dodge and a little crit, but really it's a little hp for damage). Int is still the primary stat, but now dex is an optional secondary stat.

Syylent
03-14-2013, 09:24 AM
My thoughts after respecing about 100 times last night. Mainly on my warrior (lvl 21) and all pvp. Which the nights prior to last night I faced mostly 25+ lvl toons. Last night I faced the lower levels 21 to 17. It is tough to compare because 1 lvl of the person I am fighting makes a huge difference. Especially vs rogues which I will try tonight with a full int build.

I don't find anything bad about the veng change. I am indifferent to it.

What I have noticed or am not sure on.

The radius of windmill, chest splitter and hammer have been reduced drastically. I am not sure if the upgrades to hammer and windmill for distance is working.

The snare upgrade to windmill only seems to work if the other walks on top of you.

Damage has been drastically reduce on all skills for the warrior. It is kinda sad to see all the low hits.

Does chest splitter even cancel the enemies skills in pvp? I used it with the upgrade and a warrior would still bubble up afterward.

The secondary stats still don't seem worth it to me.

Juggie I don't find useful for pvp. Rally cry has a nice speed upgrade but eventually I have to try and kill something.

If you are looking into suggestions, try removing the pet arcane ability in pvp. Most of the fights I was in last night were all arcane abilities firing when a cool down was off. Could the arcane ability been messing with balance too much? The stunning pets are funny. Not much a person can do and really can't test against it. Same with ribbit going off. Maybe you are trying to balance something with too many variables at once.

Anyway an old man's opinion. I have not tried my sorc in pvp yet. Not much time at night to try everything. Still do a run with him when I have luck pot from the guy. Just need money to get good gear for him.

KillaSkillz
03-14-2013, 11:48 AM
So...... How long is the reasonable amount of time before going crazy? :)

mollypup
03-15-2013, 12:31 AM
I find my self to be just a wee bit less squishy due to both the class changes and new weapons I can't see

the problem I love playing a sorc because I love working with others the thing I love most yis that we rely on eachother one sorc may be squishy but a party of sorcs who play well with others is a truly glorious sight to see (I play all three classes)

Syylent
03-15-2013, 10:14 AM
I like the warrior changes on my 21 warrior. Tried a bunch of new spec last night but wasn't sure which I liked the best. Gotta say I like the axe throw a lot better now. Back to more respecs tonight.

On my 25 rogue side, I am trying the traps out. Are they supposed to pull in the enemies in pvp like they do in pve. After an hour or so of pvp on my rogue it never happened once that I could tell. I tried full int... not enough damage to kill anything but like my 2600 health or so and I never ran out of mana about 2200+ I think in mana.

Didn't get a chance with my 18 sorc.

Y O L O
03-15-2013, 10:56 AM
actually im not mad about warriors,actually vb upgrades are op now

wlsgh15
03-15-2013, 12:31 PM
fix venge not others =_=

Rob Prose
03-15-2013, 01:08 PM
Even without vb I never worried about pots then again I don't mmo pvp....all I want is a working taunt system that holds agro not nabs it for a fraction of a second then drops it all over the dps.

Snakespeare
03-17-2013, 12:05 PM
If nothing else, I got to respec my warrior, "Farmboy". I like the bonuses from a little dex upgrade, and the taunt changes. Thanks. I like it, but remember I don't PvP.

Zeus
03-17-2013, 12:11 PM
Now that I'm playing AL, thanks for this update guys! It really allows me to fully experiment builds. :)

CosmoxKramer
03-17-2013, 03:45 PM
The dumb part about the new Vengeful changes is that for you to get mana back you need to be hit. So a tank that likes a dodge build or just as the game grows and dodge gets higher, you will be avoiding getting hit and therefore getting no mana back.Thoughts? Dodge gear plus 5-10% from pets can easily be 20-25% dodge. If you have the skill that boosts dodge for a short time then you counter the effects of VB. Please look into a different way to do this. Maybe since the rest of the skill is offensive, the skill should give you some small life steal for each mob you hit.

It would be nice if a Sorcerer could curse a group and as the group hits the cursed targets they can regain mana%. As curse stands it is pretty weak in the long run.

It would be nice if Juggernaut would be an aura that lasts like 30s and would pulse every other sec give a small % of health back to anyone within 5m and the upgrade could be where it it taunts while the aura is up, maybe an added small mana pulse, etc. the long cool down is kind of a waste of a skill slot if it doesn't add some longer benefits.