PDA

View Full Version : Sorcerer Useful Now Maybe???

Energizeric
03-12-2013, 09:01 PM
Imagine any of these situations:

1) Your guild is putting together a party for an elite run and so they announce in guild chat that they need a sorcerer with a certain skill or build.

2) You join a random elite game with the usual PUGs, but because there are no sorcerers everyone leaves to find another game.

3) After joining a new PvP game, folks on one team all leave because they say the other team is too stacked with sorcerers.

Then you wake up from your dream! haha!

Yes, that is right, none of these has ever happened before! That is because sorcerers were pretty useless.

When putting together the elite run or joining a PvP game, folks would want a warrior or two to tank, and a high dps rogue to chop down enemies/mobs/bosses. If they ended up with a sorcerer or two that was ok, but would obviously not be preferred. End up with a full team of sorcerer PUGs? Everyone instantly leaves to find another game.

Even for the tombs the fastest times were rogue teams, not sorcerers who are supposed to have better AoE skills. Still rogues can kill the mobs faster.

Until now that is.... Now teams may actually need a sorcerer. I see complaints that warriors may actually need a sorcerer to refill their mana. Or that sorcerers now are OP with their Fireball AoE attacks. Wow, imagine that!

What a shame that 5 warriors on a team is no longer the perfect team. :disillusionment:

Caiahar
03-12-2013, 09:18 PM
Dude, youre right! Just now in Kraken mines, a warrior kept asking for mana heal! Guess he misses vengeful blood!

Natrich
03-12-2013, 09:43 PM
How much better is fireball?

*takes notes for next elite run*

Raxin
03-12-2013, 09:57 PM
Ikr i need sorcs now to tank for me too

Caiahar
03-12-2013, 10:09 PM
How much better is fireball?

*takes notes for next elite run*

More DoT.

Caiahar
03-12-2013, 10:10 PM
One thing I dont like about lifegiver with mana restore is that...it almost refills the whole mana bar of your party, but only restores a little bit of your mana...

Energizeric
03-12-2013, 10:25 PM
One thing I dont like about lifegiver with mana restore is that...it almost refills the whole mana bar of your party, but only restores a little bit of your mana...

That's because they don't have very much mana. It restores a fixed amount which means only 10% of yours, but like 80% of theirs.

xcainnblecterx
03-12-2013, 10:55 PM
Yes im a much happy sorc now. Doing way better in pvp even with crap gear. Still dont like those sorc that hide behind warrios tho

meanakric
03-12-2013, 11:01 PM

Can someone advise me if lifegiver really pull aggro from enemies? If that's true, it really makes no sense?

Thanks in advance.

xcainnblecterx
03-12-2013, 11:02 PM
Can someone advise me if lifegiver really pull aggro from enemies? If that's true, it really makes no sense?

Thanks in advance.
Life giver just heals. Doesnt do anything on agro

SouLBlizzard
03-12-2013, 11:38 PM
Life giver just heals. Doesnt do anything on agro

Yes,lifegiver can do agro.You can test it.Many sorcerer have said the same thing

xcainnblecterx
03-12-2013, 11:39 PM
Yes,lifegiver can do agro.You can test it.Many sorcerer have said the same thing

Then it's probably bugged. Doesnt cause me to catch any agro

Aniscater
03-13-2013, 02:00 AM
I let the warrior to aggro mobs then use Fireball - all the enemies come to me:S

wawawa64
03-13-2013, 02:01 AM
it's fun to play as a sorcerer again !!!

Carapace
03-13-2013, 02:31 AM
Then it's probably bugged. Doesnt cause me to catch any agro

This is not a bug, healing health of any kind does result in extra hate from enemies. Life giver or other spells included, but you may never notice depending on the tanks effectiveness.

meanakric
03-13-2013, 02:49 AM
This is not a bug, healing health of any kind does result in extra hate from enemies. Life giver or other spells included, but you may never notice depending on the tanks effectiveness.

Many thanks for the clarification Carapace!! Should I become a generous sorcerer then? Or at least lower down my healing radius will be a good option I guess, keeping low profile.

digitalbot
03-13-2013, 03:48 AM
yes sourcers we need you
and thats cool
teamwork is awesome.

although the last five mages in elite windmoore kept dieing

they pulled aggro maybe a bit much

KillaSkillz
03-13-2013, 07:06 AM
Warriors useful for drawing the aggro
Sorcerors useful to refil everyones mana and do some decent damage.
Rogues useful to refil health and do great damage.

If done right, warriors take the beating and keep getting refilled, while sorc and rogue do the killing from the outside while refilling the warrior so he can stand there and do 40 hp damage hits and keep aggroing.

Yep seems balanced to me [sarcasm]

Since update i was kinda frustrated with my warrior, i upped my dodge, and lowered my damage and i can pretty much standthere and draw aggro but can't kill anything really in elite unless i happen to get the final shot on someone. We weren't that strong to begin with in the damage department anyways before the update. As long as i am getting refils i can keep aggroing and taking hits and dodging wish we had much stronger weapons so i could get more kills in with this build, but oh well. Pugs are gonna beeven more frustrating i think bcs of warriors that want to do damage and not aggro, sorcs that won't refil mana, and rogues that think they can one shot everything and don't have to heal.
Again, oh well. If people fail enough maybe they will try something different.

Destructible
03-14-2013, 01:58 AM
We really really need them mages right now, sadly. I find I'm hiding behind a mage now more often that not.

My thoughts, Mages and Warriors are pretty much balanced with new patch, but Rogue needs work now. It's much more overpowered now compared to other classes.

Yakiniku
03-14-2013, 03:34 AM
We really really need them mages right now, sadly. I find I'm hiding behind a mage now more often that not.

My thoughts, Mages and Warriors are pretty much balanced with new patch, but Rogue needs work now. It's much more overpowered now compared to other classes.

It's actually the other way around. The mages are hiding behind you. A lone mage is just rogue meat. A mage backing up a good warrior or two is deadly. Think Mardrom and his annoying mage pets haha.

That said, OP is hilarious and true. My sorc has been a lot of fun to play since the update.

Destructible
03-14-2013, 04:22 AM
It's actually the other way around. The mages are hiding behind you. A lone mage is just rogue meat.

Maybe I'm just a tad too noobish. *blek :)

Disagree with the second point, though. Comparing two equally-skilled, elite-geared toons -a mage and a rogue, the mage will be victorious. This is still a flaw in balance, i should think.

Yakiniku
03-14-2013, 08:51 AM
Maybe I'm just a tad too noobish. *blek :)

Disagree with the second point, though. Comparing two equally-skilled, elite-geared toons -a mage and a rogue, the mage will be victorious. This is still a flaw in balance, i should think.

Haha then maybe I'm the noobish one who brings a pve spec to ctf. :D I can string together kills while playing the team game, but alone I have troubles with experienced rogues. Guess I have a lot to learn. My sorc still being 25 probably doesn't help either lol.

But just know that there are sorcs out there who appreciate you in both pvp and pve. I'm one of them.