PDA

View Full Version : Full INT Rogue after update - best allround character in game?

D-Zaak
03-13-2013, 05:04 AM
As per the subject. What do you all think? Yes we love DPS, but is a full INT rogue the better build now that the update buffed up INT for us rogues?

I tried it and check out these specs.

lv24 rogue equipped with horton and mostly lv21 gear (heroic helm and armour, Agile Heartseekers of Brut, Power ring and Miraculous Bauble.

Str: 65
Health : 2040

Dex: 185
Bonus dmg: 192%
Dodge: 18.92%
Crit: 19.76%
Dmg: 118.0

Int: 142
Mana: 1545

DPS: 212.4
Armour: 643

Now I shudder looking at my DPS now. With full DEX, it is at 285 for me at the moment, BUT this DPS is still much higher than warrior's and only top DPS mages can compete with this DPS.
Health and Mana are obvious upsides and is amazing. I kept rushing by myself leaving the tank behind because I felt so invincible.

What I think could actually make this better than DPS build is that Crit remains high. With Full DEX, I had 22% crit. Now I've only lost less than 3% to still blow the other classes out of the water in crit damage? Now with higher mana, it's easier to build up crit and mix that in with added damage of veil for instance. It may still not make up enough to be the perfect boss killer, but the crit is still there to be abused like any good rogue should do.

Not to mention, the high Mana could make this the perfect bow build which does not rely on DPS like blades.

One down-side is that this build is a little redundant if you're right next to a great tank. With a good tank, a high DPS build is amazing and is better than the INT build.

From my limited experience with this build, I think it might be the perfect bow build since bow doesn't rely on DPS and also a good solo build as you don't have to rely on a tank anymore.

Am I just crazy? I mean a rogue with low DPS being the best build in the game? haha I don't know. But I would say it is the most well-rounded build.

Zuzeq
03-13-2013, 10:56 AM
As per the subject. What do you all think? Yes we love DPS, but is a full INT rogue the better build now that the update buffed up INT for us rogues?

I tried it and check out these specs.

lv24 rogue equipped with horton and mostly lv21 gear (heroic helm and armour, Agile Heartseekers of Brut, Power ring and Miraculous Bauble.

Str: 65
Health : 2040

Dex: 185
Bonus dmg: 192%
Dodge: 18.92%
Crit: 19.76%
Dmg: 118.0

Int: 142
Mana: 1545

DPS: 212.4
Armour: 643

Now I shudder looking at my DPS now. With full DEX, it is at 285 for me at the moment, BUT this DPS is still much higher than warrior's and only top DPS mages can compete with this DPS.
Health and Mana are obvious upsides and is amazing. I kept rushing by myself leaving the tank behind because I felt so invincible.

What I think could actually make this better than DPS build is that Crit remains high. With Full DEX, I had 22% crit. Now I've only lost less than 3% to still blow the other classes out of the water in crit damage? Now with higher mana, it's easier to build up crit and mix that in with added damage of veil for instance. It may still not make up enough to be the perfect boss killer, but the crit is still there to be abused like any good rogue should do.

Not to mention, the high Mana could make this the perfect bow build which does not rely on DPS like blades.

One down-side is that this build is a little redundant if you're right next to a great tank. With a good tank, a high DPS build is amazing and is better than the INT build.

From my limited experience with this build, I think it might be the perfect bow build since bow doesn't rely on DPS and also a good solo build as you don't have to rely on a tank anymore.

Am I just crazy? I mean a rogue with low DPS being the best build in the game? haha I don't know. But I would say it is the most well-rounded build.

I agree with some of your points. I speced to be the "best of both worlds". I tooks a couple of points out of skills and my INT is at 3/5. This way I got a minor mana bump (895 to 995) while still retaining a 365 dps (w/Malison). Capped btw

Taigah
03-13-2013, 12:14 PM
I agree with some of your points. I speced to be the "best of both worlds". I tooks a couple of points out of skills and my INT is at 3/5. This way I got a minor mana bump (895 to 995) while still retaining a 365 dps (w/Malison). Capped btw

Mind sharing you setup for rogue, Zuzeq? I haven't got time to find a good spec after patch, and would love to get some more input and tips.

GoodSyntax
03-13-2013, 04:52 PM
It truly is bizarre!

It's weird how going nearly full INT gives WAY more HP, WAY more Mana and retains most of the Crit and Dodge you had when full DEX.

The only drawback for me is the significant loss in DMG. I lose about 50 points in DMG going nearly full INT.

Somehow, and I can't really explain it yet, but even with nearly +500 HP and +1000 Mana, I "feel" squishier in PvP. Probably because I can't kill as fast, so fights take longer, I take more damage and die more often. I even went back to full DEX, but I still feel squishy since the update.

Still working on the secret sauce. So far, I'm thinking that mostly INT with maybe 20-30 DEX seems to be right. I put 5/5 Passives in INT and DEX and 2/5 into Might to balance me out a bit and it seems to have helped a bit. This balance has nerfed out some of my skills like Shadow Piercer (no upgrades now), Noxious Bolt (lost two upgrades), but it feels somewhat better. I still am dying way more than I have been, but Combat Medic keeps me in the fight and a huge mana pool keeps the skill spamming going.

If you find a better build, let me know.

Thanks!

earhole
03-13-2013, 05:34 PM
Warrior's get screwed on a full dex build...lol

Full strength gives about 3k base health with 1% dodge

Full dex gives about 750 base health with 10% dodge

------------

Just respec my level 15 rogue to all int. Stats don't look bad at all...will give it a test run tomorrow.

D-Zaak
03-13-2013, 06:30 PM
Has anyone else been experimenting with the balance of DEX and INT?
I've decided I still want to go with a high DPS build, while padded by INT. I'm thinking of not going full DEX though.

Who has tested difference balances to find the perfect one? DEX/INT ratio of 80/20 for example?

Here's an example of what I tried. High DPS but a little bit balanced.

Lv24
Horton
20 points in INT, everything else in DEX
5 passive DEX points
5 passive INT points

All gear is lv21
Agile Heartseekers of Brut (who want ALP's anymore?)
Heroic Hat of Savvy
Heroic Vest of Savvy
Power ring of Brut
MiraculousBauble of Brut

Stats below:

Zuzeq
03-14-2013, 09:20 AM
Mind sharing you setup for rogue, Zuzeq? I haven't got time to find a good spec after patch, and would love to get some more input and tips.

My build after update looks like,

Active:

SP 1/5
SV 2/5 (Defence Upgrade)
Trap 4/5 (no Decay)
AS Max

Passive

Agility Max
Might Max
Knowledge 3/5

Key stats

200+ Dmg
2200+ Health
900 Mana
358-365 DPS (Depending on pet)
38-42% Dodge (Depending on pet)
18-23% Crit (Need better neckless and ring...lol)

Pets: Malison, McCraw, Granite, Horton, Kettle (Main-McCraw)

MrFoster
03-14-2013, 11:36 AM
With full int build you loosing about 50 dmg and 100 dps, its too much. Full dex still best.

blakadder
03-16-2013, 08:52 AM
i shall disagree. putting 30-50 points in int and goijg with 3 arrow skills and bow is a very viable option. just keep your distance

Rare
03-16-2013, 08:59 AM
skill dmg is much higher with dex

blakadder
03-16-2013, 09:43 AM
would you prefer 10-20 more dmg on a skill or a using the same skill 2 times more with lower damage?

MrFoster
03-16-2013, 09:48 AM
I have unlimited mana with pet so no big difference.

blakadder
03-16-2013, 10:47 AM
thats another story

Rare
03-16-2013, 01:58 PM
would you prefer 10-20 more dmg on a skill or a using the same skill 2 times more with lower damage?

Oh you're right for sure. Having an extra 400 mana in pvp would be great. Even in pve to cut back on mama pots. I was just referring to full int vs full dex. Over 100 points difference in skill damage

Ryuushadow
03-16-2013, 02:02 PM
Worst build in game for me I lose more damage then I deal with a full dex build.