PDA

View Full Version : Gun differences

Haligali
03-13-2013, 07:41 AM
I noticed that the lvl26 combustion cannon of brutality does more damage than the lvl26 crystals, but the statistics show that less should be.
Oracle crystals is ~160, with the cannon its around ~240, and is felt to be faster despite the lower dps too.
Im talking about normal damage, going to test skill damage differences.
Do you guys think would be better for pvp?

Haligali
03-14-2013, 05:26 AM
With pictures:

first 3 is the oracle cristal fatality, last 3 with combustion cannon:

i dont remember what equipment was used, only changed the gun.

Haligali
03-14-2013, 05:38 AM
Non charged,non crited, just normal attacks. What is the reason? Please help me to find out. :)

meanakric
03-14-2013, 07:13 AM
Very interesting! Must find out this indeed. Big difference it is!

Haligali
03-14-2013, 07:43 AM

What is your normal damage without pet and with the cristal? Is it the same ~170?
The normal damage difference is significant, but skill damage difference i think not, just the push back feature i miss in pvp.
I will continue to test with some skills and post pictures, stay tuned :)

Yakiniku
03-14-2013, 11:39 AM
What is your normal damage without pet and with the cristal? Is it the same ~170?
The normal damage difference is significant, but skill damage difference i think not, just the push back feature i miss in pvp.
I will continue to test with some skills and post pictures, stay tuned :)

Haha since I also play rogue, this is a dangerous subject in my head. Since the L16 cap, Lifethief-type weapons have always outperformed their "higher DPS" counterparts by a wide margin. People yacked and yacked about it until two level caps later, the devs finally smacked the Lifethief with the nerf bat. It was confirmed to be a bug, but only after months of people (mostly non-rogues lol) reporting it.

The damage discrepancy from Combustion Cannon doesn't seem to be anywhere near as OP as Lifethief was, but there's a slight parallel there haha.

Anyway, for PvP, I'd take the Oracle over Combustion. Even if you're rocking a shield, distance is still our best friend. The push proc isn't reliable, but I'll take any advantage I can get. 80 less damage per shot isn't going to be a deal breaker when rogues run around with 2k HP and warriors run around with almost 4k HP.

Haligali
03-18-2013, 05:52 AM
Haha since I also play rogue, this is a dangerous subject in my head. Since the L16 cap, Lifethief-type weapons have always outperformed their "higher DPS" counterparts by a wide margin. People yacked and yacked about it until two level caps later, the devs finally smacked the Lifethief with the nerf bat. It was confirmed to be a bug, but only after months of people (mostly non-rogues lol) reporting it.

The damage discrepancy from Combustion Cannon doesn't seem to be anywhere near as OP as Lifethief was, but there's a slight parallel there haha.

Anyway, for PvP, I'd take the Oracle over Combustion. Even if you're rocking a shield, distance is still our best friend. The push proc isn't reliable, but I'll take any advantage I can get. 80 less damage per shot isn't going to be a deal breaker when rogues run around with 2k HP and warriors run around with almost 4k HP.

You're right, after some pvp match, i think the push function is a lifesaver, especially against warriors.
but in PvE, I'd prefer to stay with the combustion cannon, the push back sometimes just scatter the mobs, and i noticed on some solo elite jarl test runs, that im faster with the cannon.

Valsacar
03-18-2013, 06:46 AM
I like oracle for the bosses, saved my squishy arse on many occasions.

Haligali
04-04-2013, 06:04 PM
I bought one Thunderhead Gun Weapon chest for 10 plat today, and i got 2 legendary gun, a Chrysalis Cannon of Lethality and a Frigid Assailant of Brutality :)
The Frigid Assailant got better stats even than the old Combustion Cannon, +2.5dmg, so im able to replace it...
But! These new guns has a 'chance' aoe effect on charged, in contrast combustion cannon do always aoe when charged. Im not happy :(

Yakiniku
04-04-2013, 06:17 PM
The Frigid Assailant got better stats even than the old Combustion Cannon, +2.5dmg, so im able to replace it...

That's awesome! :D

But! These new guns has a 'chance' aoe effect on charged, in contrast combustion cannon do always aoe when charged. Im not happy :(

Not awesome. :( Then again, the charge aoe of C-Cannon isn't really too good anyway. Takes too long to charge for a little damage when you could've charged up a real skill off of cooldown.

I still swear by my Combustion Cannon in group pve though. Oracle mages probably think I'm a gimp for using it, but that extra auto attack damage (without knockback) does add up over time.

will0
04-04-2013, 09:12 PM
side track with the new nordic gear set on store.. the new gear set at store seems to have higher armor than sealord set, but comparing the stats the int and dex is higher on sealord... so overall i guess sealord equipments are better than these nordic armors?

Haligali
04-23-2013, 03:20 AM
Since yesterday update, the Borean Rifle got +7 more damage. It is definitely the best gun now, Radiant Ice Ribs are not useful any more.

Haligali
04-26-2013, 10:23 AM
Some tests on Spiteful Baron Sue:

Radiant Assault:

Borean Rifle:

For reference, Nord Jewel of Potency lvl31:

Jewel, when the process is going:

:)

Cero
04-26-2013, 12:57 PM
would like to see the proc'ed staff cos the proc adds 10%dmg not on dps?

and how often is the proc rate?

scaling 10/10?

Haligali
04-26-2013, 01:57 PM
would like to see the proc'ed staff cos the proc adds 10%dmg not on dps?

and how often is the proc rate?

scaling 10/10?

Its a bit off, cause this is the gun thread, hehe :) Staff proc also adds +10 int

Sometimes happens at first hit, but mostly just do not want happen :( Must hit at least 10 times, but good news is that dont need enemy to proc.

drgrimmy
04-26-2013, 03:05 PM
Wow is the borean rifle also bugged? Although it only gives 7 of so more damage than the radiant ice ribs on the stat page it is yeilding >100 more damage on the boss in your tests. The damage should also be more similar to the jewel which is also about 100 less in your screenshots. Hmm... Maybe I should just stop talking about this now... :)

Yakiniku
04-26-2013, 03:16 PM
Grimmy, let's just say that the Borean is the L31 successor to the L26 Combustion Cannon and leave it at that. :)

I picked one up yesterday and can't imagine ever using anything else unless I pick up a Nordr Jewel. It's not a game breaking gun, but it's a clear upgrade over the Ice Ribs.

Haligali
04-26-2013, 03:31 PM
No, the radiant ribs bugged cause low damage. If i got without pet 275 dmg, then one shot on a weak daily boss why takes only ~200 damage? We need this gun to have at least a small chance in pvp. ;)

And something happened after the earlier update this week, so pls sorcis cry more! :) Borean got +7 more dmg, so i got with the mythic set almost 300 damage now.

falmear
05-08-2013, 10:24 AM
I did my own tests and I found the Borean Cage Rifle of Brutality gives the most damage using the auto attack as compared to the Nordr Jewel of Brutality. From the stats screen the Nordr Jewel of Brutality gives +7.6 damage. But this isn't reflected in the actual damage dealt. However when using Frost, you get higher damage when using the Nordr Jewel of Brutality as you would expect. So I am not sure which is bugged, the Rifle or the Jewel.

Haligali
05-10-2013, 02:59 AM
I did my own tests and I found the Borean Cage Rifle of Brutality gives the most damage using the auto attack as compared to the Nordr Jewel of Brutality. From the stats screen the Nordr Jewel of Brutality gives +7.6 damage. But this isn't reflected in the actual damage dealt. However when using Frost, you get higher damage when using the Nordr Jewel of Brutality as you would expect. So I am not sure which is bugged, the Rifle or the Jewel.

I also noticed this with frost, but i got only the jewel potency, which got little less damage than borean. Maybe some skills prefers some type of weapons?

falmear
05-10-2013, 11:46 AM
I also noticed this with frost, but i got only the jewel potency, which got little less damage than borean. Maybe some skills prefers some type of weapons?

Try comparing the non-charged vs charged damage of the borean cage rifle and see if you notice any difference.

Haligali
05-11-2013, 06:45 AM
Welcome folks, the saga continues..

You wanna know that the new mythic gun can beat the borean??? Lets see the super battle of these bad boys:

First the stats, used equips:

mythic set (armor&helmet)
ring: cobalt ring of warfare lvl31, 3.1 dmg type
necklace: infused brooch of assault lvl31

(im still searching for ensorcelled ring brutality lvl30 or legend ring assault lvl31, i know they exists)

Borean

Mythic

as you can see, there is a !HUGE! 50+ damage difference in the two guns, mythic wins clearly... 0-1

But do not bury the borean too early, lets see its best first, the highest auto attack:

Borean

Mythic

close close, but the old gun is still the best, if you can shoot fast like a cowboy.. 1-1

Lets see the lightning skill:

Borean

Mythic

no question, the mythic wins.. 1-2

ty for your attention&sry for my bad english :)

edit: keep in mind that these tests are without pet, with pet the difference can be more.

Yakiniku
05-11-2013, 04:13 PM
Thanks for the comparison, Hali. Now I REALLY don't want to be on the wrong side of you in a ctf match. :p

Energizeric
05-12-2013, 03:18 AM
I think the bug here is that the borean always shoots a charged attack no matter what. It even looks like a charged attack in the way it shoots. So you are getting the damage of a charged attack even without charging.

falmear
05-12-2013, 12:50 PM
I think the bug here is that the borean always shoots a charged attack no matter what. It even looks like a charged attack in the way it shoots. So you are getting the damage of a charged attack even without charging.

Yes this is what I determined. And it also explains why it gives a better non-charged attack yet yields lower skill damage when compared to higher damage weapons. And if you compare the charged vs non-charged attack you get less damage when using a charged attack with the rifle.

Roberto077
05-17-2013, 04:32 PM

Holy crap, it's yoda!

drgrimmy
05-18-2013, 01:30 PM
An interesting note about the mythic gun. The charged attack hits up to two enemies in its cone of attack. So it is semi-aoe. Also the charged attack does much higher damage. With the same boss test, non charged for me does mid 200s damage with charged doing around 400 and even up to high 400s damage... Not like anyone really uses the charged attack too much, but these two features with the increase proc rate makes it a little more viable...

lavecina
08-04-2014, 05:00 AM
Superb, hali, you are top.
But im missing one with kershal against new lv41 gun.

Gratz, you doing a great job.

Haligali
08-05-2014, 08:23 AM
Superb, hali, you are top.
But im missing one with kershal against new lv41 gun.

Gratz, you doing a great job.

Huh its a bit old thread and i havent got kershal now, i think someone already did a comparison.

Jig
08-05-2014, 10:07 PM
Huh its a bit old thread and i havent got kershal now, i think someone already did a comparison.

Did Alhunt do it? He made a thread didn't he? Anyways gun has apparently a huge greater skill damage comparison to the kershal I think, or I am sure of :3

Dermuti
08-12-2014, 06:50 AM
Ok this thread explains a lot. Iīm happy now that I donīt sold my Borean. Exp rifle of brut lev 38 with 70 + dmg has much lower damage uncharged like the borean. I sold this instead...:D

Haligali
08-12-2014, 09:29 AM
Ok this thread explains a lot. Iīm happy now that I donīt sold my Borean. Exp rifle of brut lev 38 with 70 + dmg has much lower damage uncharged like the borean. I sold this instead...:D

This is a very old thread, there are new store guns now (Mire Musket or whatever its called) with the same high auto attack as the borean, however the crate guns now much better. Expedition Rifle despite the lower auto attack damage im sure it gives more skill damage than the store guns at any level, and also a nice proc. So it depends on you which one you prefer.