PDA

View Full Version : I like the update but it's getting way to hard to navigate between the worlds in AL

wvhills
03-13-2013, 08:23 AM
In order to get the new daily quest (the one located outside the kraken mines), I have to:

1) go to paradise pier
2) hoof it to the bottom of the town and walk onto the dragon jewel
3) talk to the captain
4) select "explore" from the choices he gives you
5) then go to the mines
6) then run outside the mines to get quest

Why is this so complicated? I think we should be able to access all the areas available to us from the world map. In fact, I think paradise pier is unnecessary. Why not do away with it and have the dragon jewel be the town? There's nothing at the pier anyway except for 2 daily quests (nothing that can't be moved to the boat). Then u could have a gang plank from the boat that went to the mines if u really wanted to. You can also do away with that whole "outside the mine" part. I don't see why the quest lady can't be inside the mine where everyone can find her.

Simpler is always better. Especially in a casual mmo.

Natrich
03-13-2013, 10:17 AM
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?89728-STS-please-help-your-lazy-AL-players-)

Samhayne
03-13-2013, 12:08 PM
Carapace was just talking about adding the Dragon's Jewel on the main world map. It's not set in stone, but might be a cool way to address the issue.

Bastok
03-13-2013, 01:45 PM
Wow, everyone is finding everything to complain about with this new update. Now we've stooped to such a low level that we have to complain about accessing levels from the ship? Give me a break!

Please don't listen to all this whining going on with the new update STS. You guys did a fantastic job and AL needs more stuff like this. All these people whining and complaining about the new update are going to ruin the game if you listen to them, they won't be happy until this game is dumbed down and stripped of it's content to the point where it'll be hard to tell the difference from AL and Pong.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Samhayne
03-13-2013, 01:53 PM
Wow, everyone is finding everything to complain about with this new update. Now we've stooped to such a low level that we have to complain about accessing levels from the ship? Give me a break!

Please don't listen to all this whining going on with the new update STS. You guys did a fantastic job and AL needs more stuff like this. All these people whining and complaining about the new update are going to ruin the game if you listen to them, they won't be happy until this game is dumbed down and stripped of it's content to the point where it'll be hard to tell the difference from AL and Pong.

Thanks for the kind words, Bastok, but it's ok. The refinement to add the ship to the map (so you can go there directly) is a good one and I think it's going in with a coming update. That's why we have these forums and spend so much time and energy on them. We get useable feedback to go along with what we observe with how people play our games. It's all good :)

PS: I like pong too! :D

Mysticaleagle
03-13-2013, 01:55 PM
I agree with Bastok.

This update is purely well made. Awesome refinements, awesome new maps, awesome buffs and fixes.
I love when the game gets updated like this.

Spot on StS!

ZigZag
03-13-2013, 05:24 PM
Says the Eagle with the Hooks >:3

Rollo
03-13-2013, 09:42 PM

There is a difference between whining and constructive feed back. The current method of travel IS alittle clunky and can he tweaked to flow more smoothly. While you guys are ironing out that issue, could you put guild travel on the map too!

Bastok
03-14-2013, 12:45 AM
Maybe I was a bit out of line. Sorry guys! It would make things easier to go to the ship from the map.

Cero
03-14-2013, 12:57 AM
oh devs looking at this issue. thats nice.

yea, today i tried the new elite map with my friends, 3of us ddnt know where it is luckily the 4th guy knows the way lol.

TourneAsunder
03-14-2013, 01:44 AM

Well, some of us hear the concerns of our wives and children- with AL being a first mmo for them.

My wife seriously is having issues navigating once the expansion hit...let alone the update. It just feels unnatural and off from a real world perspective and orientation- so, the new gamers have trouble adapting and frustration sets in..while for avid gamers it's second nature.

I really liked the ship map...board the ship, see the nautical chart...kewl. Made sense to me....dunno