PDA

View Full Version : Guide: Pets for Rogue

Jenzz
03-13-2013, 08:51 AM
There are lots of pets for rogue in the game.
These pets dive different bonuses to your character's attributes.
And visually you don't always understand what pet is better.
To better understand, what pet is better for different situations, did a comparative analysis in the table.
I hope this information will help you to choose a Pet for different situations.
This information includes changes from Content Update (118721), 2013-04-19.

Zuzeq
03-13-2013, 09:40 AM
To better understand, what pet is better for different situations, did a comparative analysis in the table.
This information includes Content Update (115460), 2013-03-12.

Awesome post, thanks. Would have been a bit better if you based it off a certain level or build.

Jenzz
03-13-2013, 10:04 AM
Awesome post, thanks. Would have been a bit better if you based it off a certain level or build.

It's for 26 lvl rogue and not top-gear.
Top-gear will give better results.
But in this case it's important to compare the pets for the same gear in all the cases.
Here are all the screenshots:

Zuzeq
03-13-2013, 10:25 AM
It's for 26 lvl rogue and not top-equipment.
Top-equipment will give better results.
But in this case it's important to compare the pets for the same equipment in all the cases.
Here are all the screenshots:

Thanks again for the post. Kettle wasn't even on my radar!

Taigah
03-13-2013, 12:19 PM
This information includes Content Update (115460), 2013-03-12.

Thanks for this! :)

Mind sharing your spec setup and gear? :) Would love some help to figure out my setup.

Jenzz
03-13-2013, 12:57 PM
Thanks for this! :)

Mind sharing your spec setup and gear? :) Would love some help to figure out my setup.

I love to experiment with the builds and stats, and change them depending on the situation. I have a few favorites for PvE and PvP.
I'll be much easier if you tell your preferences, your style of play to help you.

D-Zaak
03-13-2013, 06:10 PM
Do you have Meep Moop? He should be added to this matrix as he is a crit based pet like Horton.
Other than that, great job this is awesome.

Someone sticky this post if it hasn't already.

Jenzz
03-14-2013, 02:04 AM
Do you have Meep Moop? He should be added to this matrix as he is a crit based pet like Horton.
Other than that, great job this is awesome.

Someone sticky this post if it hasn't already.
I'll add Meep-Moop later.

Jenzz
04-22-2013, 07:25 AM
Have updated the tables.
Hope it'll help you.

p.s. just noticed, mixed up the 5 and 6 places in the Rating 1 (pets for survival).

ShadowGunX
04-22-2013, 12:39 PM
hey jezz awsme job u hav done.
Can u also make it for warrior? :-)

FluffNStuff
04-22-2013, 01:29 PM
Nice Job!

Couple Questions.
How did you get the total damage output?
Did you see any effect on skills from the %damage increase from the pets?

Cremated
04-22-2013, 01:49 PM
Aha pretty nice guide you cooked up there! By scanning might get stickied :D

Cashews
04-22-2013, 04:57 PM
Very nice. Can you add wrathjaw and flapjack?

Jenzz
04-23-2013, 09:15 AM
Very nice. Can you add wrathjaw and flapjack?
I'll add flapjack later. Wrathjaw is in the tables already.

Alrisaia
04-24-2013, 01:25 PM
I would really love to get a soft copy of that excel doc.. if not I suppose I can just copy the data :P

but - I'm not sure why I don't see Ribbit on that list. I am a dagger rogue - and I've been running with Ribbit for some time now. I absolutely love that frog.

FluffNStuff
04-24-2013, 01:54 PM
I would really love to get a soft copy of that excel doc.. if not I suppose I can just copy the data :P

but - I'm not sure why I don't see Ribbit on that list. I am a dagger rogue - and I've been running with Ribbit for some time now. I absolutely love that frog.

Ribbit is a fantastic pet for SOMEONE ELSE to have, since us Rogues still benefit from the +40 crit ;) For me, the main purpose of a pet is to up my dex.

FluffNStuff
04-24-2013, 02:07 PM
OK, bunch of questions now that I really look at the numbers.
Crit Damage Bonus? Crit damage bonus to what (regular damage from a certain weapon, a certain skill) and where exactly are you getting 290% and what is changing it?
I see your table is just a 'simulation', not actually a carry out a test. What 'skill' is it that is charging that hits at this damage and crits at exactly that rate? If you are talking Aim Shot, then ... well ... hmm ... yeah ... lets just pretend you are not talking aim shot.

Alrisaia
04-24-2013, 03:08 PM
Ribbit is a fantastic pet for SOMEONE ELSE to have, since us Rogues still benefit from the +40 crit ;) For me, the main purpose of a pet is to up my dex.

I love it when another member of the party has Ribbit - and I'll switch between Flapjack, Malison, Ribbit, Wraithjaw, and Horton (if I have to with the bird)... However when I'm in control of when Ribbit's crit bonus kicks in it's always better results.

Typically I'll approach the group of mobs, pop smoke, drop net, razor shield - Ribbit immediately after, then aimed shot attack. When ribbit comes back Razor shield isn't up yet, so if the net brings mobs close I'll use him otherwise I'll wait until the razors can come back up.

I am basically a walking AOE spell with a nuke every 2 seconds that goes off. Anyone who wants to run with me and see my tactics you're welcome to, and while I remain humble I've yet to meet a rogue who doesn't run with better gear (hooks) outperform that combo it's simply devastating.

Jenzz
04-25-2013, 01:44 AM

Sure.
Have added excel doc here: link (https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B3Tx7ZK5RS2VXzZTaVFma2tma00/edit?usp=sharing)

Jenzz
04-25-2013, 02:21 AM
OK, bunch of questions now that I really look at the numbers.
Crit Damage Bonus? Crit damage bonus to what (regular damage from a certain weapon, a certain skill) and where exactly are you getting 290% and what is changing it?
I see your table is just a 'simulation', not actually a carry out a test. What 'skill' is it that is charging that hits at this damage and crits at exactly that rate? If you are talking Aim Shot, then ... well ... hmm ... yeah ... lets just pretend you are not talking aim shot.

It's Bonus Dmg. But I call it Crit Damage Bonus.

To understand what this index means, I experimented a lot. On bosses. Solo.
I used the simple skill (not Aimed Shot) to eliminate the effect of the crit bonus.
And wrote down all the results.

At that time my Bonus Dmg (Crit Damage Bonus) was 260% (see screenshots above).
When I used not charging skill Crit Damage Bonus was about 150%.
When I used charging skill Crit Damage Bonus was about 260% (max value).

So, the experiment showed that Bonus Dmg (Crit Damage Bonus) affect of the critical strike damage from skills.
In the description of each skill is written "+increase damage on a critical"
This is the answer to the question - how much damage will be increased in case of activation of a critical strike.

And that is why the damage from Aimed Shot can reach 2000-3000 damage.
See this calculation:
- For example, Damage from the Aimed shot = 400.
- Bonus Dmg or Crit Damage Bonus = 260% (400 * 260% = 1040).
- Crit Bonus from the skill (upgrades #2) gives an additional 250% to crit (1040 * 250% = 2600).

Jenzz
04-25-2013, 03:04 AM
Nice Job!

Couple Questions.
Did you see any effect on skills from the %damage increase from the pets?
Yes, but only during my experiments when I found out what each of the indicators do.

The same situation with passive skill that increases the damage.
Visually, it does not appear any where, although damage increases (tested it when free respec was).

Silverpegasus
05-02-2013, 09:20 AM
sounds like a real good tactics, thanks for sharing

wawawa64
05-23-2013, 09:44 PM
you forgot to add MP for slag in you calculation !!! it should be 805 just like kettle. this will bump the survival for slag a little bit according to your table.

Dlanor
05-27-2013, 03:14 PM
I noticed that there are two different tables for 'pets for damaging'.. One says rating 1 and has Horton at the top. The other says rating 2 and has talon at the top. I have both of these pets and they are great.. I just was just wondering if having both tables on your post was intentional. If so then what do the two different tables mean in comparison to each other? Thanks for this post tho! Its Excellent..