PDA

View Full Version : ice aoe?

tmass
03-13-2013, 12:43 PM
I had ice but switched to lighting is either one more likely to do aoe because I am trying it out again they seem to be similar base damage but I feel like maxed out I get more aoe and more damge as average with the lighting. Thoughts?

Lady_Pebbles
03-13-2013, 01:19 PM
Frost is an AOE that has a low dmg DOT sub skill. You can target multiple enemies to freeze them in place and with the DOT it does more dmg. Great for crowd control and decent dmg on bosses.

Lightning is a single target sub skill that has a -chance- to AOE. With the right sub skills, it does massive dmg. Great for bosses not so much for mobs.

Both are great and do hella dmg. However Lightning's chance rate seems to be way too low. Its awesome* for PvP but in PvE its only good for bosses, which means slower time killing mobs.

SouLBlizzard
03-13-2013, 01:36 PM
Lightning only do AoE when you kill enemy with it

CosmoxKramer
03-13-2013, 02:57 PM
Frost dot does as much as the new improved ignite. Before this patch, ignite was almost 1/2 of frost damage per tick.

tmass
03-13-2013, 05:38 PM
how are you guys getting ice to hit more that one target i cant get it to do anything but hit one is my game not working right ?

iacito
03-13-2013, 05:40 PM
how are you guys getting ice to hit more that one target i cant get it to do anything but hit one is my game not working right ?
You have to charge it in order for it to AoE

tmass
03-13-2013, 05:45 PM
oh ok i get it now but dose not seem very good as AOE nothing like time or fire

meanakric
03-13-2013, 07:13 PM
But it's very effective for Elite map, with 2 secs upgrade, mobs stay quiet almost all the time, save your team great numbers of potions. No other skill could do that.

Alhuntrazeck
03-16-2013, 10:48 PM
Lightning increases your critical chance. Very useful on bosses and pvp; recharges quickly also. Frost freezes one enemy or more than one, depending on your upgrades, and has useful DoT. Useful for CC (crowd control) so use it if you're at wt4 or places where there are lotta mobs.

Zecca
03-19-2013, 11:24 PM
Frost very useful on bosses. But sometimes have a chance to do some AOE and freeze all enemies near you. But you must use charged frost.