PDA

View Full Version : Questio about Sorceres Stats/Builds and Skills Distribution

BossofCrew
03-13-2013, 08:26 PM
I just wanted to know how to distrubute my stats, can someone recommend me to a ratio each level? and how about skills which 4 skills should i focus on and on which upgrades? My main goal is to PvP and sometimes PVE.
So can someone give me specific for best of both worlds?

Thanks in advance

Bootdaddy
03-13-2013, 08:31 PM
For stats i'd go full int for maximum amount of damage and mana

Drizzt Lee
03-13-2013, 10:27 PM
I went for full int in stats and added 5/5 passive int and dex.

15 points left to distribute among 4 skills though, thus I went for 5/5 fireball, 4/5 time (minus clock explosion), 3/5 frost (minus dot and chance of ice on floor) and 3/5 gale (minus area of effect and chance of 2 secs stay on floor).

Still experimenting though.

meanakric
03-14-2013, 01:02 AM
I am playing mainly in Elite map now. Same with Drizzt, 5/5 passive on INT n DEX.

For skills, I try not to lvl up on fireball range and lifegiver's range, to keep low profile. (It's now confirmed lifegiver does attract aggro). Frost is too useful for Elite, thus 5/5 to keep those mobs silent down.

4/5 Fire, 5/5 Frost, 4/5 Time, 2/5 Lifegiver

Valsacar
03-14-2013, 05:20 AM
I went for full int in stats and added 5/5 passive int and dex.

15 points left to distribute among 4 skills though, thus I went for 5/5 fireball, 4/5 time (minus clock explosion), 3/5 frost (minus dot and chance of ice on floor) and 3/5 gale (minus area of effect and chance of 2 secs stay on floor).

Still experimenting though.

Umm... the frost DoT is one of it's best abilities. It stacks, up to 4 times. The dodge for fireball isn't that useful, same with clock (explosion is more useful, but my current build doesn't call for it). Gale, I don't use it (lightning guy myself) but the knockdown ability is one of it's better ones.

Mages = crowd control, you want to stun/freeze/root/knockdown things and then get the extra damage from buring/freezing/clock with your periodic hits.

I've got 5/5 int and damage, 2/5 dex (still playing around with it though).

Drizzt Lee
03-14-2013, 10:30 AM
Like I said, I'm still experimenting.

The reason why I left out the dot for frost is becoz I figured that my main purpose of frost is to freeze the mobs, the damage is secondary, whereas for gale's chance for 2 second stay down. I did thought about it but if only it's a sure 2 secs stay down instead of a chance... I see my role as a stunner in a party thus I went for the -25% hit in fireball to benefit my party too...

Anyway, I about to switch and try out curse (a spell that not much sorc use, I'm sure.) and also lighting (though I'm sure I'm not gonna end up with lighting given it's low proc), I can charge throughout wt4 and never get a single discharge proc (lol@the 25%)

CosmoxKramer
03-14-2013, 10:14 PM
Gale just makes a mess of a tight group...I'm with Val, I charge Frost for aoe freeze and lol at their health drop down

Gale upgrade only offers a chance at an addition 2 sec. Freeze can completely lock people down...casters in W4 and gunners/red crabs in elites.

Drizzt Lee
03-15-2013, 05:14 AM
Btw, I tried curse today. Does it even do anything? Lmao... This spell need to be tweaked to buff party mates instead of debuff targets imo. 5 points into a spell tat only show a cloud / smoke on the target's head is kinda hard to convince myself that it is actually doing something...

Lighting was a huge disappointment as well, out of 8 kraken mines' runs, discharge proc only once despite my conscious effort to look for near dead mob to cast lightning on. 25%? Given how hard it is to get a near dead mob to kill with lightning, I seriously feel the de should tweak the spell to make it either a 100% proc on a kill or a 25% proc on a charge (no need to kill).

tmass
03-15-2013, 10:25 AM
I would be most interested in engerz advice for a good build

Pietappsh
03-15-2013, 11:07 AM
so what are best skills choosen for pvp ? full int and dex, shield, healing, frost, fireball or lighting ?

drgrimmy
03-15-2013, 11:35 AM
Hmm, I will share my current build and rationale for it. I find it pretty effective for PvE mob killing...

Fire with upgrades 2,3,4. No increased size of aoe. I just find that it attracts unwanted aggro of rifle guys on the edges of the mobs and will only kill you. You are more useful to your party if you can stay alive. You definitely want stun and DOT upgrades. I also like the 25% hit debuff to increase the survival of the party.

Frost with upgrades 2,3. DOT and increase duration of DOT/freeze/slow are definite must haves. I don't like any upgrades that only have a 20% or so chance to take effect, so 1,4 seem pretty useless (especially 4 which has a low chance to take an effect only if you kill an enemy with frost, and then the other enemies have to walk over the ice patch - useless).

Gale with speed, dodge, and longer knockdown upgrades. I know most people hate gale, but I feel that if you learn to use it correctly it is very effective. On the contrary, I do not find that it scatters mobs. I actually use it to blow the rifle guys into the center of mobs so they are in the center of the blast zone. Just two tips: 1) experiment with the range of gale so you know which enemies you will be blowing; 2) if you are going to blow a whole mob, be careful and if possible blow them against a wall or object so you do not scatter them.

Time with all upgrades. Possibly the best skill for taking out mobs. The root upgrade is essential to keep the mobs together, under the influence of the DOT, and in range for the exploding clock. With a pet with a crit upgrade such as clyde, I just love seening all the crits above the enemies heads as the DOT works (it seems to me that the crit on the DOT is bugged and happens way more often than the usual 10-13% crit that my mage has). I used to not have upgrade 1, but now upgrade 1 gives the clock higher damage on drop.

SamTheDog
03-17-2013, 08:31 PM
Do any of you catch grief frOm warriors if you don't have heal? I play both class and don't care if the Mage heals or not, but I get a lot Of tanks whining and calling me noob cause I tell 'em to use pots like I do.

wowdah
03-17-2013, 10:00 PM
Tank whine? Really? lol their health thing is the best outa them all

Valsacar
03-18-2013, 06:01 AM
Do any of you catch grief frOm warriors if you don't have heal? I play both class and don't care if the Mage heals or not, but I get a lot Of tanks whining and calling me noob cause I tell 'em to use pots like I do.

Yup, I hear that as well. They just get added to my ignore list (which is really my "noobs I don't want to deal with" list).

Davorka
03-28-2013, 09:11 AM
I just found this thread cuz I wanted to ask and little wine about how wrongly and awfull I started to improve my stats.
INT isnt so high how for sorcerers needs to be.

Now I am so desperate lol, cuz I donno how will I catch you guys with INT high stat...

Excuses
03-28-2013, 10:48 AM
Off topic, however.

Actually when a mage has mana heal and actually heal all party, the party becomes really strong. Now warrior's health and armor is never enough to tank, rogue's mana is never enough to use all dmg skills too. Mage's heal secure all party's life and increase dmg output by letting rogues use their skills, not just dps. And also good for mages themselves for mana regen. It gives only about 10% of mana back, so the more heal the better for everyone.

The problem is that the mage gets aggro from healing and got killed.

So when I play warrior, as soon as a mage heals I wrap a shield on the mage and use a taunt skill to get back aggro.
Other problems are that not many warriors know about this, and people don't help each other as a party.

And back to topic.

I am not good at pvp. =(
Just want to help a bit tho.

Honestly when you have more than two real good tanks, any skills work. Sad reality.

I put all stats on int, 3/5 int and 5/5 mighty for pvp.
And use fire5, ice5, thunder5, and heal2 (mana heal).

I used to have time5 in stead of thunder for pve, but i think thunder works better in pvp. Easy to use, short cool down, and stun chance.

I use heal instead of shield to heal my party. When my party is dead, next is me.
And I don't use them together because two attack is never enough to kill and also even heal+shield don't guarantee my life at all. They just let me bear about 3 attacks from rogue. It's better to attack to stun them and cut their health. (Sorry to say this but i have never beaten a rogue 1on1... they are just too strong for me)

So it's good to stick with my team, especially good warriors. Then I can make some kills while I support my team with stun/slow and mana heal.

Hope this help somehow.

Fairwind
04-06-2013, 04:49 AM
I just wanted to know how to distrubute my stats, can someone recommend me to a ratio each level? and how about skills which 4 skills should i focus on and on which upgrades? My main goal is to PvP and sometimes PVE.
So can someone give me specific for best of both worlds?

Thanks in advance

Best of both you say? I gotcha. Check my spec guide on sorc discussion. 2000+ positive in PvP, and very fun pve, super effective. Basically, lb + 250% + TS drop and dot, Ribbit = painful. Basically an aimed shot mage. xD

Valsacar
04-07-2013, 03:01 AM
I just learned this new trick, apparently pots aren't only for sorcs. It turns out, every class can use them!

Lifegiver just isn't really that effective, it saves a few pots, big deal. Drinking pots doesn't use the global cool down, so you can just spam attacks and it at the same time.

We are more crowd control than anything else, if all the mobs we're fighting aren't in a tight little group (and frozen/rooted) then I'm not doing my job. The damage is secondary. If I'm in a good group, with a tank that knows how to keep aggro (and if he has that heal shield, that's even better, love the immunity from that thing) then I'll pull out my all damage gear (233.7 damage). If I'm in a PUG, or just not a really strong team, I'll drop to my all health gear (2739hp) that has much lower overall damage. That way I have more health to survive, and deal less damage (therefore less aggro) so I can stay alive. Since my main job is to lock up all the mobs I'm still effective in the group.

Deadroth
04-07-2013, 06:34 AM
Hello!

I think the best build for amount of DMG is:

4/5 Fireball - without -25% hit (Useless with knockdown and stun upgrade)
4/5 Frost - Without 20% ice patch
4/5 Time - Without clock explode
3/5 Lightning - without 20% AoE & 20% stun OR 5/5 Gale

Passives:

- 5/5 INT
- 5/5 DEX
and with next cap 5/5 DMG / 3/5 DMG

Dead :)

For EQ i suggest gear with main INT and minor STR

Valsacar
04-07-2013, 09:46 AM
That's close to mine, but I use gear with Dex secondary (mainly, I have a couple with str). With a good team you can do elites with only 2k health. I use both the oracle and one of the new guns, oracle is for boss (push back is useful) and the other is for normal mobs (where push back is bad). If I'm running with pugs, bad lag, solo elites, etc then I switch over to all health gear. By all health, I mean Str first then Int, my Damage drops by about 50, but my health goes up to almost 2.8k. I kill a little slower, but not as slow as dieing all the time, and of course all the crowd control stuff doesn't change.

tootallll
04-09-2013, 10:29 AM
Off topic, however.

Actually when a mage has mana heal and actually heal all party, the party becomes really strong. Now warrior's health and armor is never enough to tank, rogue's mana is never enough to use all dmg skills too. Mage's heal secure all party's life and increase dmg output by letting rogues use their skills, not just dps. And also good for mages themselves for mana regen. It gives only about 10% of mana back, so the more heal the better for everyone.

The problem is that the mage gets aggro from healing and got killed.

So when I play warrior, as soon as a mage heals I wrap a shield on the mage and use a taunt skill to get back aggro.
Other problems are that not many warriors know about this, and people don't help each other as a party.

We know now...party me...I'll help. :pirate:

My AL characters:
Warrior: Tooootall
Sorcerer: Tootallll
Rogue: Lillllbitt

zubionie
04-15-2013, 11:52 PM
fire - 4/5
ice - 4/5
time - 5/5
heal - 2/5
full int and damage passive

gale ? not for me and most of the player. u can say gale is useful for pushing the ranger to aoe zone, we can run fast, mob will miss blah blah.. no, just no.. timeshift is simple, does a lot of damage, and lock the mob.. shield ? hmm, i tried shield b4, but it doesn't rlly benefit my teammates, so i still prefer heal.. for me, pots are not that expensive, so i go for shield b4, but not all ppl can afford to buy pots regularly, they still rely on sorc's mana heal. don't blame them

that skillset above is designed for PVE, aim to perma-lock the mob. if u got 2 mages with this skillset + rogue with trap, that can be no pot elite run. for PVP ? idk, haha. if u wanna go PVP and get lot of kill, go for rogue, sorc is not rlly for PVP i think.. y mb there are some PVP pro sorcs but still rogue is the best for PVP

tootallll
04-17-2013, 10:21 AM
Is a 5% bump in passive Dam really worth it? It's not in my opinion...points better used elsewhere. My Dam is 202 with Mali so a 5% bump would be 212...not bad, but still don't know if worth it.