PDA

View Full Version : captain axe potency's 8% dodge proc

Excuses
03-14-2013, 12:31 AM
I feel like this is a scam.
Sorry to say this but I do feel like it.

I sold my dark potency and bought CAP just because it has same stats but gives me 80% dodge.
'Even it's just for a couple of seconds like every two min.. but still sound good for new tanking weapon. Thanks STS.'
I thought I will help me tanking.

Now they changed it to 8% and said it was a TYPO.
Wow.
Then what about people who bought it because of your typo? What are you gonna do for them? Say sorry? After you get money for this?
(I am pretty sure you wouldn't care because I have a bad experience about scam.)

I don't understand...
How do you think?

earhole
03-14-2013, 05:08 AM
I know your pain. I bought this axe and had a few tanking builds to work with it :(

Anindu Bandara
03-14-2013, 06:34 AM
i feel you bro :upset:
used the captains axe cuz of the dodge..
worst of all just a week before the update i sold about two abyssal flemeberges of lethality for around 8k each, cuz they were the most useless warrior legendary weapon :upset: and now its the best weapon, going for 550k+ :upset:

AKILIOS
03-14-2013, 01:50 PM
i feel the same way

Wowsome
03-15-2013, 06:21 AM
i too am sad about this. its one thing to buff the flamberge and another thing to nerf the captain's axe.

azbestwarior
03-15-2013, 06:48 AM
Hey im hv 25 lvl warior please tell me wrare gv skill for max dmg dps or killer warior

earhole
03-15-2013, 08:31 AM
I really wish they can update this at least 25% dodge. It'll still be usable instead of being pure junk.

GoodSyntax
03-15-2013, 08:39 AM
Hey im hv 25 lvl warior please tell me wrare gv skill for max dmg dps or killer warior

Warriors aren't designed as max DMG or DPS classes - they are tanks so have the most armor and highest HP of any class in game. That's like trying to build a tank out of a Rogue - you don't have the appropriate skills or build configuration available to get to where you want to go, so you would just be minimizing the strengths of your class to create an ineffective build not suited for it's purpose.

If you really want a high DMG or DPS build, create a Rogue or Sorcerer.

GoodSyntax
03-15-2013, 08:40 AM
I really wish they can update this at least 25% dodge. It'll still be usable instead of being pure junk.

Why can't STS leave it at 80% Dodge for PvE and make it 8% for PvP. They did something similar with the Crit rate for Rogues in PvP during a patch last season, so our Crit rate in PvE is relatively high, but much lower for PvP matches.

Excuses
03-15-2013, 11:00 AM
Why can't STS leave it at 80% Dodge for PvE and make it 8% for PvP. They did something similar with the Crit rate for Rogues in PvP during a patch last season, so our Crit rate in PvE is relatively high, but much lower for PvP matches.

Agreed.

And I hate their attitude about this.
How can they just say 'it was just a typo'?
So it's our stupid mistakes that we didn't realize it was typo. Great.

earhole
03-15-2013, 11:05 AM
What's the next best weapon for a tanker now? Abyssal Flamberg for the 10% dodge, tidal surge or potency for it's +15 health regen or one of those sword shield weapons for the armor?

CosmoxKramer
03-15-2013, 12:11 PM
80% with a low proc chance and the buff only lasts like 2 seconds. It would be nicer to have 10-20% dodge for 6s with the same proc chance. 2s duration is lame.

Carapace
03-15-2013, 02:37 PM
in the next update the Captain's Axe will increase dodge for 6 seconds instead of the current 3, and have a slightly increased proc rate. While we understand the typo mistake was a huge blow when we fixed it to 8%, 80% is a very very broken value in terms of game balance. Much like the ALP fix, this one came out of necessity for balance and not for the purpose of swinging the nerf bat at any particular item or class for the sake of a nerf.

earhole
03-15-2013, 04:39 PM
in the next update the Captain's Axe will increase dodge for 6 seconds instead of the current 3, and have a slightly increased proc rate. While we understand the typo mistake was a huge blow when we fixed it to 8%, 80% is a very very broken value in terms of game balance. Much like the ALP fix, this one came out of necessity for balance and not for the purpose of swinging the nerf bat at any particular item or class for the sake of a nerf.

Sounds good, guess I'll hold onto my axe for a bit longer then. Can it be upped to say 15-20% though. At 8%, there's no reason to use this over a abyssal flamberge. Thanks

inkredible
03-15-2013, 06:00 PM
LOL well same goes to the people who bought like
sealord of will 2m++
or captain axe for 200k +
with the stats change, yeah a lot of people got ripped off for buyin armor/ weapon which was the "best" now isnt as great as it used to
now im broke LOL

Zanpakuto
03-16-2013, 09:30 AM

I understand that you needed to rebalanced the weapon, but it happened without much warning and now the axe is junk. How can a weapon with the name "captain" get like this! It should be at least somewhat better than other warrior legendaries or at least equal!

Foomunda
03-16-2013, 10:02 AM
The old lv 21 'Protector of (Grace/Savvy)' does I believe 15% dodge on Proc, correct me if I'm wrong.P

So if you havent made 25/26 yet and are disappointed in Captain's Axe, drop 5k on the Protector. Personally I'm holding on to a CA, PoS, PoG, Burnig Buckler, Dark Watch, for build testing.

earhole
03-18-2013, 07:50 PM
Still at 8% after patch. I guess it's going to remain a junk piece. Time to sell it off :(

earhole
03-18-2013, 07:52 PM
The old lv 21 'Protector of (Grace/Savvy)' does I believe 15% dodge on Proc, correct me if I'm wrong.P

So if you havent made 25/26 yet and are disappointed in Captain's Axe, drop 5k on the Protector. Personally I'm holding on to a CA, PoS, PoG, Burnig Buckler, Dark Watch, for build testing.

I picked up a level 21 shadowrealm with 50% damage reduction and snowstorm with 25% reduce monster damage. Might use those instead of this crappy captain's axe.

Rollo
03-19-2013, 12:36 AM
I understand that you needed to rebalanced the weapon, but it happened without much warning and now the axe is junk. How can a weapon with the name "captain" get like this! It should be at least somewhat better than other warrior legendaries or at least equal!

Not only that but they advertise these new weapons as "powerful" and encourage you to gamble on getting them with real cash. That's my only issue.

Zanpakuto
03-19-2013, 02:13 AM
Can't believe the axe is still junk after the update. Warrior arcane weapons when released better be impressive.

earhole
03-19-2013, 05:38 AM
Ya, just tested the protector of grace. It's 15%. I might stick with the shadowrealm for 50% reduction for now though.

Excuses
03-21-2013, 05:47 AM
I see another scammmmmm right here from STS....
Come on.

Make it back to 80%
It's your mistake. Be responsible.