PDA

View Full Version : AL enjoyable and fun or very stressful for warrior?

kingtidus
03-14-2013, 05:15 AM
Warriors are now pure tank but only in pve. venge is useless in elite SS map. tried using venge debuff+windmill's taunt.Everytime i use mill i die because the heal you receive from the debuffed mob is not enough specially when the firing squad fires at you at the same time..I also spent 30+ heal pots and 20+ mana pots in this run..

Vengeful blood= " com 'on b*tch ,hit my face many times so i could regain m health and mana"

Windmill's max damage is only around 120+-200+. 300+ n crit regardless of your weapon or your stats.(max str lvl 5 might lvl 5 dex or passive damage.
Another issue is the axe's typo error.lol
Changing the stats of new weapons .NERFED APL.
This game gave me a headache on how to make my warrior good in both pve and pvp. Do you guys find this game the best mmo for this year? Big NO for me for now.

Vilified
03-14-2013, 05:31 AM
I have a lvl 25 tank wearing less than 100k and he does just fine in elite maps.
Every other class needs mana potions why should a warrior (least magical class) have unlimited mana?

Destructible
03-14-2013, 05:36 AM
There is always room for improvement, as someone recently said. But as it stands, class balance is not exactly at its best right now. Still waiting for future patches.

Chaim Nail
03-14-2013, 06:04 AM
My issue with the term 'tank' to describe a warrior is this, the first paragraphs from Wikipedia:

"A tank is a tracked, armoured fighting vehicle designed for front-line combat which combines operational mobility and tactical offensive and defensive capabilities. Firepower is normally provided by a large-calibre main gun in a rotating turret and secondary machine guns, while heavy armour and all-terrain mobility provide protection for the tank and its crew, allowing it to perform all primary tasks of the armoured troops on the battlefield."

Whereas a warrior's weapon can't really be described as having the eqivilant of a "large-calibre main gun"...

kingtidus
03-14-2013, 06:29 AM
I agree with that.Maybe sts should work on the other ignored skill like juggernaut. I think no one uses this skill now because of its long cool down time.leaving venge alone and Improving juggernaut will surely give warriors another build. Changing weapon's stats n the next lvl cap increase is more acceptable than now.Yesterday STS wanted us to open a lot of crates so they put axes and depraved blades inside it and now they realized that they wanted us to farm on elite areas. very unfair for those who spent platinum and millions of gold for the weapon

kingtidus
03-14-2013, 06:36 AM
get your point sir but with 100-200 damage of mill which is lower than the last lvl cap raise(21) is so unfair.Very hard to achieve warmonger for warriors while doing pvp with rogues and sorcerers behind.I think warmonger title should be removed in warriors and replace it with "hit me baby one more time" title.Tanks in other games have more decent damage than here.cft kills are for rogues and sorcerer and cft deaths, for warriors?

Rare
03-14-2013, 07:34 AM
Wait. In one elite run you used a total of 50 pots and you're complaining? I laugh at that.

Rare
03-14-2013, 07:35 AM
get your point sir but with 100-200 damage of mill which is lower than the last lvl cap raise(21) is so unfair.Very hard to achieve warmonger for warriors while doing pvp with rogues and sorcerers behind.I think warmonger title should be removed in warriors and replace it with "hit me baby one more time" title.Tanks in other games have more decent damage than here.cft kills are for rogues and sorcerer and cft deaths, for warriors?

Well that would be interesting. Different achievements for different classes.

KillaSkillz
03-14-2013, 09:29 AM
As it is now we aren't tanks we are armored cars. Pull it in and if attacked, lock the doors and wait for the police to arrive.
I don't care about windmill, it's not a big deal.
Vengeful in my opinion, does not refil at a useful rate for hp or mana, for even the enemies in the little sand box mini map, never mind elite anything.

I don't play pvp, I could'nt care what the balance is or isn't in pvp. The main game here is the maps not pvp (just my opinion). Is it wise to do things that my make pvp better, but makes gameplay suffer otherwise? I don't know.
Gear nerfs are always bad, class matters not, people just don't like buying something then finding out it's weaker after a nerf. better to wait and double check it than to release it and change it later. Like my captains axe of potency. I don't even use it anymore with my new build I picked a weapon with more dodge instead, it cost me no plat, and was less than 2k.

Playing a warrior in pve, in my opinion, its not fun, its not frustrating anymore, it's just boring to aggro and wait for others to do the damage and hit pots while doing minor damage and getting pounded. Heck my L25 wrathjaw does more damage than I do! Lol

I feel I gave it a try, I tested a few different set ups, I spent hours giving it a go, my opinion it's more boring as it stands now for a warrior and doesn't feel like something was accomplished.

DGeneral
03-14-2013, 09:30 AM
Warrior class isnt't enjoyable anymore since last update. I used thousands of healthpotions but only needed 4 or 5 manapots. So you should maybe increase the power of other skills instead of decreasing vengefull blood.

Now warrior gameplay feels exactly the same as rogue gameplay. Oh no, moment. Theres one VERY BIG difference. Rogues do lot of damage, tank not. So in my opinion its very unfair to change the skills in this way, even with free respec...

I want to have my old and good vengefull blood skill back. So do a update and change it back to as it was.

Don't you guys realize how many people are complaining about this point? Why aren't you doing anything? Do you want people to stop playing?

Could you at least give a statement STS? Pls answer my question why you did this and when you will change it back? If I would not read changelogs than I would complain about this crazy bug in the blood skill. But as I see its obviously wanted?!?!?

Greetz

Rare
03-14-2013, 09:34 AM
Warrior class isnt't enjoyable anymore since last update. I used thousands of healthpotions but only needed 4 or 5 manapots. So you should maybe increase the power of other skills instead of decreasing vengefull blood.

Now warrior gameplay feels exactly the same as rogue gameplay. Oh no, moment. Theres one VERY BIG difference. Rogues do lot of damage, tank not. So in my opinion its very unfair to change the skills in this way, even with free respec...

I want to have my old and good vengefull blood skill back. So do a update and change it back to as it was.

Don't you guys realize how many people are complaining about this point? Why aren't you doing anything? Do you want people to stop playing?

Could you at least give a statement STS? Pls answer my question why you did this and when you will change it back? If I would not read changelogs than I would complain about this crazy bug in the blood skill. But as I see its obviously wanted?!?!?

Greetz

Why shouldn't warriors also be forced to use lots of pots like the rest of us? I don't understand.

The point of the warrior is to have massive armor/health and to get aggro so that Rogue's and sorcerors can kill the mobs.

Justg
03-14-2013, 09:36 AM
Dgeneral, obviously we are watching these changes very closely. Here is the up-to-the-minute thoughts on how we will continue to modify them: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?89903-The-inside-scoop-on-AL-Warrior-Skill-Changes

Warriors were OP, no question. The vast majority of people were playing warriors, and that was in no way our intent. We'll continue to balance until all three classes feel good and can coexist.

Thanks for your continued feedback on the matter!

moonway03
03-14-2013, 10:01 AM
Dgeneral, obviously we are watching these changes very closely. Here is the up-to-the-minute thoughts on how we will continue to modify them: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?89903-The-inside-scoop-on-AL-Warrior-Skill-Changes

Warriors were OP, no question. The vast majority of people were playing warriors, and that was in no way our intent. We'll continue to balance until all three classes feel good and can coexist.

Thanks for your continued feedback on the matter!

Sorc is still squishy, help a kraken is quishing meeee, wahhhhhh!

Sent from my GT-P7500 using Tapatalk 2

Njsl1ck
03-14-2013, 10:24 AM
Because our damage isn't good in this game. Warrior wannabe!

Njsl1ck
03-14-2013, 10:34 AM
Why shouldn't warriors also be forced to use lots of pots like the rest of us? I don't understand.

The point of the warrior is to have massive armor/health and to get aggro so that Rogue's and sorcerors can kill the mobs.

Do you think we (warriors) are just bunch of shield for you to use in pve? We have to put up with low daMages and we thought it was ok because we wouldn't have to worry about mana and now, we need to do everything while u just depend on warriors. You should try to play a warrior to understand. I got rogues and sorc to blame for complaining against warriors, look what they've done......

gunshadow
03-14-2013, 10:35 AM
For me definitely more stressful since the update (at least as a warrior). Will do a few more respec to test out other skills to see if they work better for me. Some of the things mentioned in the link by JustG looks promising. On a side note after the update I have been playing my Rogue a lot and am enjoying playing her more.

Njsl1ck
03-14-2013, 10:40 AM
Sorc is still squishy, help a kraken is quishing meeee, wahhhhhh!

Sent from my GT-P7500 using Tapatalk 2
You don't know what you're talking bout! Warrior OP in this game!?! U mad? Many people make warrior to avoid having to spend gold on mana pots and a its great for saving up, after farming and earning golds, they abandon the warrior and transfer all golds to their rogues or sorcerers. Most of all, our damage is poop!

Rare
03-14-2013, 10:45 AM
You don't know what you're talking bout! Warrior OP in this game!?! U mad? Many people make warrior to avoid having to spend gold on mana pots and a its great for saving up, after farming and earning golds, they abandon the warrior and transfer all golds to their rogues or sorcerers. Most of all, our damage is poop!

Very misguided and inaccurate generalization.

Njsl1ck
03-14-2013, 11:00 AM
Very misguided and inaccurate generalization.
Many people did this, I wouldn't have posted if it weren't true

Aniscater
03-14-2013, 11:03 AM
Lol do you really think that warrior should have very good health, armor AND damage?! That would ruin the game. And, all the characters are not good to everybody.
But, I agree that the Vengeful Blood nerf wasn't that amazing. But atleast now you warriors need sorcerers, like me. 2 weeks ago warriors didn't want sorcerers to their team at all.

Rare
03-14-2013, 11:04 AM
Many people did this, I wouldn't have posted if it weren't true

So once they are done farming and earning gold and pvping... what are they doing on their Rogue's and Sorc?

Njsl1ck
03-14-2013, 11:13 AM
Lol do you really think that warrior should have very good health, armor AND damage?! That would ruin the game. And, all the characters are not good to everybody.
But, I agree that the Vengeful Blood nerf wasn't that amazing. But atleast now you warriors need sorcerers, like me. 2 weeks ago warriors didn't want sorcerers to their team at all.

I'm not insisting on damage increase, my point was we warriors should have the old vengeful blood since we do low damage so it pays by having much mana, especially having taunts on most of our skills, we are the target so we will have to use health pots when heal is on cd and now we worry about mana too?

Rare
03-14-2013, 11:55 AM
I'm not insisting on damage increase, my point was we warriors should have the old vengeful blood since we do low damage so it pays by having much mana, especially having taunts on most of our skills, we are the target so we will have to use health pots when heal is on cd and now we worry about mana too?

Welcome to the world of Rogues and Sorcerors

Foomunda
03-14-2013, 12:04 PM

Warriors spent time in"Rogue World" during the windmill glitch... Not so much now...

wawawa64
03-14-2013, 01:03 PM

I understand we enjoy seeing warriors get nerfed, but for PVE, EVERYONE suffered because warriors just don't tank and heal as well as they used to. In the end, I kind of have to add lifegiver back to my mage because they need the mana to hold aggro AND heal. This mean my mage can't go full nuke anymore and the damage for the whole party just go down, elite runs take longer, and more deaths.

for PVP, I think they should definitely nerf warriors, but for PVE, it's a lot more grinding for everyone, especially in PUG.

STS has good intention to fix warriors, I think they just need to refine the mana regen a little bit.

LwMark
03-14-2013, 01:31 PM
I hve no problems with my warrior now with mana or health pots, i love my warrior now! He tanks so good!! :)

Vystirch
03-14-2013, 01:34 PM
I hve no problems with my warrior now with mana or health pots, i love my warrior now! He tanks so good!! :)

great someone who actually is not a pessimist...

spell nazi just cause i fell like it:
well* :p

Nananana
03-14-2013, 01:59 PM
Very enjoyable imo.

The best thing for a warrior to fight in pvp is a team with no warriors. And there have been plenty since the update haha :DDDDDDDDDD

KillaSkillz
03-14-2013, 02:01 PM

Ummm 2 weeks ago nobody wanted 2 warriors on their team in elite because they wanted all rogues or at least 2 rogues and a sorcerer.

Chaim Nail
03-14-2013, 04:53 PM
Elite runs take longer now, rogues & sorcerers aren't that great you know :p

STS ruined warriors and took away the fun :p

kingtidus
03-14-2013, 06:48 PM
yes we have 3000+ hp 1k armor but with just one combo of rogues ,we lose half of it.useless right?can you call that tank? you can tank well if you have other warrior with you to aide you with their heal
p.try tanking aline with rouges and sorcerer .if you die they will blame you.calling you noob.

Ryuushadow
03-15-2013, 12:36 AM
Warriors are too strong. They should be set as to have high armor and health only and around 70-140 dps so they can tank but deal low damage as they go.. Rogues and mages needs to be stronger but there not I see many warriors with higher damage then a Mage.

- Ryuushade
- Never seen until its to late.