PDA

View Full Version : Soooo... about those kills.

Hurs
04-26-2010, 06:29 PM
Hey everyone, my name is Hurs, and today I am going to bring up an issue that has been bugging me for a while... the kill count. As of now, your K/D ratio is there to boost the good ol' e-peen, but I think that that could change.

My suggestion is to cause the amount of kills you have (up to a certain point) to possibly reduce prices of items in the store (i.e potions) or to give the player some sort of benefit. Now, I know that many of you are probably going to reply to this saying "That is silly! Everyone will just farm Forest Haven!!" Well, I am also proposing that kills are only added to your total kill count if the monsters that the player is killing are within a certain level range (3-5 levels). This would prevent people from farming Forest Haven and getting tons o' kills while also providing a fair playing field for all players.

Well... that's about it ^_^

nathanyc
04-26-2010, 07:02 PM
this is a great idea.. but i think tanks and healers will suffer a bit here

Deathshock
04-26-2010, 07:04 PM
Well not only that but, right now I hardly notice a difference farming forest haven as comapred to the higher level dungeons (speedwise). The only difference is that farming forest haven nets me a LOT more gold and pots.

nathanyc
04-26-2010, 07:08 PM
Well not only that but, right now I hardly notice a difference farming forest haven as comapred to the higher level dungeons (speedwise). The only difference is that farming forest haven nets me a LOT more gold and pots.

don't lie you kill slower at higher levels lol i have a warrior too lol... hehe

Banned
04-26-2010, 07:17 PM
I really don't think kills should have a benefit. The stuff in the store is already cheap and alot of people would get pissed off at not being able to get kills in lower levels. *cough*Loso*cough*

Xanthia
04-26-2010, 07:18 PM
this is a great idea.. but i think tanks and healers will suffer a bit here

Thank you so much for including HEALERS!!!! SO EXCITED!

Banned
04-26-2010, 07:19 PM
Thank you so much for including HEALERS!!!! SO EXCITED!

Why would that excite you o.o.

Deathshock
04-26-2010, 07:20 PM
don't lie you kill slower at higher levels lol i have a warrior too lol... hehe

But I do! I hardly notice a difference, maybe an extra hit or two for the harder monsters.

Anyways, if you have more kills you should have more money so theoretically stuff in the shop should be easier to obtain.

Banned
04-26-2010, 07:22 PM
But I do! I hardly notice a difference, maybe an extra hit or two for the harder monsters.

Anyways, if you have more kills you should have more money so theoretically stuff in the shop should be easier to obtain.

Of course you wouldn't notice you overpowered son of... Just kidding. Not really. :p

Deathshock
04-26-2010, 07:25 PM
Of course you wouldn't notice you overpowered son of... Just kidding. Not really. :p

Well, ya gotta admit, I clearly don't do as much damage as an archer, even with rage.

Banned
04-26-2010, 07:28 PM
Well, ya gotta admit, I clearly don't do as much damage as an archer, even with rage.

I normally use the dagger so I have never really felt super uber crazy strong.

Deathshock
04-26-2010, 07:29 PM
I was tempted to switch to a dex build so i could use a snipers battle crossbow, then I realized it'd probably just be a waste since 1.1 and the new expansions are probably coming out soon. So i'mma just farm forest haven till then.

Hurs
04-26-2010, 07:36 PM
Dex build? Yuck! :P

nathanyc
04-26-2010, 07:43 PM
xanthia did you ever play wow?

deathshock just try my warrior int build lolol

Splurd
04-26-2010, 07:52 PM
That is silly! Everyone will just farm Forest Haven!!

ahem

I dont think its fair because different jobs have different roles. And archers tend to have the most kills.

Kills should just be a stat, nothing more, else people start being greedy. (like, waiting for someone else to use an aoe, before using theiir own aoe to finsh, or saving blast shot for final hits, etc)

And yes, healers and tanks are not good killers.

Hurs
04-26-2010, 08:48 PM
That is silly! Everyone will just farm Forest Haven!!

Ho ho! icwutudidthar

Omargawsh
04-26-2010, 08:53 PM
I think this would be a pretty sweet idea but i dont think its needed. Everything is already cheap as hell in this game. The only way this would actually be valuable is if they increase the price of items ALOT or make gold more scarce.

_ck
04-26-2010, 09:08 PM
Considering those who play a lot are using up more bandwidth on the servers (which costs Spacetime money), it should be more expensive the more kills you have, not cheaper.

:p

roflchopter
04-26-2010, 09:26 PM
I normally use the dagger

:O!!!!!!!!!!!

Splurd
04-26-2010, 09:27 PM
Considering those who play a lot are using up more bandwidth on the servers (which costs Spacetime money), it should be more expensive the more kills you have, not cheaper.

:p

Using that logic, we should make the gold prices more expensive for people who do not purchase map packs.... no?

Banned
04-26-2010, 09:33 PM
:O!!!!!!!!!!!

Why do you think I whine about the dagger being a piece of crap so much. THAT WAS MAH WEAPON THEY MESSED WITH DAWG. I'm almost completely positive I had to be the first player to use the dagger and the last one to still rock it.

roflchopter
04-26-2010, 09:38 PM
Why do you think I whine about the dagger being a piece of crap so much. THAT WAS MAH WEAPON THEY MESSED WITH DAWG. I'm almost completely positive I had to be the first player to use the dagger and the last one to still rock it.

I use to roll dagger... even when evasion got nerfed daggers were still good and definately weren't OP... but now with 1.0-1.1 speed and 27-33 dmg their just meh...

Banned
04-26-2010, 09:44 PM
I use to roll dagger... even when evasion got nerfed daggers were still good and definately weren't OP... but now with 1.0-1.1 speed and 27-33 dmg their just meh...

I found out about evasion the day it got nerfed. I got to use I for about half-an-hour. Most fun I ever had in PL :). I just really wish they would lower the base damage and change the speed back. I hate slow weapons -_-.

PvP
04-26-2010, 09:49 PM
Take something into consideration. If I have 20,000 kills (regardless of what I killed or who killed with me) and I get (for example) a 200 coin discount on a 25 pot set, is this fair? Of course not. Because if I have 20,000 kills, I can obviously afford these necessities, more kills definitely net more money, so giving a discount on anything for this reason isn't a smart idea. -coughs and thinks of Health Care plan in different terms- no, just joking. But seriously, the LESS kills I have should make things cheaper for me. If you want to imply something like this, think more on terms of 'if I bought this item x amount of times then it would lower by x gold.' That's just my opinion.

Splurd
04-26-2010, 10:09 PM
Take something into consideration. If I have 20,000 kills (regardless of what I killed or who killed with me) and I get (for example) a 200 coin discount on a 25 pot set, is this fair? Of course not. Because if I have 20,000 kills, I can obviously afford these necessities, more kills definitely net more money, so giving a discount on anything for this reason isn't a smart idea. -coughs and thinks of Health Care plan in different terms- no, just joking. But seriously, the LESS kills I have should make things cheaper for me. If you want to imply something like this, think more on terms of 'if I bought this item x amount of times then it would lower by x gold.' That's just my opinion.
That also does not make sense since it penalises people who play for a long time.

I really dont see the need for a relation between kills and potions. Now, if we're talking about a discount for people who die alot, that makes more sense. rofl

LordRaid
04-26-2010, 10:10 PM
Meh, archers would have the advantage considering they usually have the most kills compared to others.

But regardless, gold is gold. We can always get more by just farming low leveled dungeons I guess :P

PvP
04-26-2010, 10:29 PM
That also does not make sense since it penalises people who play for a long time.

I really dont see the need for a relation between kills and potions. Now, if we're talking about a discount for people who die alot, that makes more sense. rofl

Even if that we're taken into consideration, people would rack up deaths on purpose. Honestly, it is probably best to leave things the way they are. This is Pocket Legends not Walmart's discount aisle.

Sayishere
04-27-2010, 05:08 AM
kills shouldn't be gained from killing low level mobs i totally hate this fact

_ck
04-27-2010, 06:28 AM

+1

I don't think anyone should get anything cheaper though, it should be the same across the board, and I have no doubts that Spacetime has no intention of changing this. The game shouldn't given preferential treatment to those who have lots of free time to spare and can endlessly play and loot through the game. Some of us actually have other things we have to do too and simply won't have as much time to play the game, but that doesn't mean we don't love the game just as much.

nerdherd
04-27-2010, 09:55 AM
I say leave the prices the same as they are right now. Based on the new gear they've added I'm guessing that higher level gear will go up in prices a lot to make it actually fall more in line with the amount of gold you have by the time you're level 30.