PDA

View Full Version : passive dmg skill

warbluefish
03-14-2013, 12:00 PM
As i trying respec. i find that when u increase u dmg passive skill it doesnt increase u skill dmg. as u increase ur status points ur skill dmg changes with it. and those dmg increased by dmg passive skill where did it go? and what dmg it increases?

telstra
03-14-2013, 03:18 PM
Increases the damage of the mobs towards you :p

TheBedtBird
03-14-2013, 03:24 PM
Shes just joking, I think that its a bug. I dont really know its hard to tell if its increasing the damage, because the stats dont go up. Hopefully they fix it, if its a.bug:)

FluffNStuff
03-14-2013, 03:25 PM
It is a bug, it does not increase skill damage. 5% would be pretty easy to see on lightning bolt.

Spicy1
03-14-2013, 09:23 PM
It is a bug, it does not increase skill damage. 5% would be pretty easy to see on lightning bolt.

It's visual bug. Doesn't show on character sheet, but it actually increases your damage. Devs have said this long time ago. Same goes with pets that have happiness bonus which increases damage. It only doesn't show on stats but it's working correctly.

FluffNStuff
03-14-2013, 10:37 PM
It's visual bug. Doesn't show on character sheet, but it actually increases your damage. Devs have said this long time ago. Same goes with pets that have happiness bonus which increases damage. It only doesn't show on stats but it's working correctly.

Increase in damage was not confirmed by dev team, only by independent testing. But that testing was using too low damage. Now that we can respec for free, it is really easy to see for yourself that it does nothing.

Greencrow
03-14-2013, 10:43 PM
Yah I tried adding dmg passive too but no additional stats .. but when I added the Dex passive to max .. I got +1 in my dmg and dps ..

Im a war btw

Valsacar
03-15-2013, 05:08 AM
Increase in damage was not confirmed by dev team, only by independent testing. But that testing was using too low damage. Now that we can respec for free, it is really easy to see for yourself that it does nothing.

Yes it was, in about four different threads in the BUGS section.

warbluefish
03-15-2013, 07:22 AM
so it suppose increase the skill dmg. just it doesnt show on the sheet.

matanofx
03-15-2013, 07:52 AM
lets address the real issue here and ask why dont they already fix that bug about passive dmg skill not showing on the avatar already if this bug has been known for a really long time. they've fixed other bugs why not this one.
im no programmer but it cant be that hard to show my dmg% increase on my avatar.

Valsacar
03-15-2013, 10:40 AM
lets address the real issue here and ask why dont they already fix that bug about passive dmg skill not showing on the avatar already if this bug has been known for a really long time. they've fixed other bugs why not this one.
im no programmer but it cant be that hard to show my dmg% increase on my avatar.

That depends on how it works. If they are actual +% of true damage and not the damage stat then there may be no easy way to have it reflect on the avatar screen.

Spicy1
03-15-2013, 01:18 PM

Do I need to find the post for you where devs said it is only VISUAL bug. Or do you know how to use search function? Smh..

Addicted
03-15-2013, 01:50 PM
I have tested this, and it does increase damage.

I do most of my tests in the King Dude story quest, because you can exit out before completing the quest and run it over and over again. On my rogue with no dmg increase, Aim Shot damage averaged ~410 taken by Spiteful Baron Sue without any critical. After adding +5% passive damage, Aim Shot damage average ~450+ taken which is closer to a 10% increase in damage taken. Skill damage is a calculated formula from base damage, bonus damage, armor of the enemy, and so on. I haven't run the math to attempt to figure out the relationship of all the factors... yet.

That sounds like a job for physiologic - What's he up to these days? Is he in AL? His guides are the best...