PDA

View Full Version : Parties that can be joined

Snakespeare
03-14-2013, 12:23 PM
Here's many suggestion to make the party system more flexible. But first, to state the problem: Some people like to send party invites the minute they join an instance, even if there is only one other person. The problem is, if that other person clicks yes, nobody else can join the instance. infact, if they send it when there are two other people and one says no while the other says yes, again nobody else can join the instance. Most of the time this is unintentional. People who are sending these invites before the fifth person is there, do not realize that it stops people from joining. No doubt they are aware that the map will run more quickly and the players will consume fewer potions if there are five players. But they want to make friends, ot something, and send out their party invites as an act of courtesy.

So, my idea... Parties maps that can be joined.

The exclusivity mechanism, which is a default at this time, can become an option. And the default shuld then become non-exclusive.

I think it's a simple, elegant solution. Most parties would be ok to join, but if a party wanted to play exclusively, anyone in the party could throw that switch. I bet it wouldn't happen very often.

Rare
03-14-2013, 12:25 PM
Snake... I don't think that's the case. Maybe I'll need to check again. But I'm pretty sure if you enter a map and create a party after, people can still join you until you create a new map.

But I do agree about the switch, even if parties are created before hand.

JaytB
03-14-2013, 12:32 PM
I just disable party invites in options.

I agree that an option, set by the party leader, could potentially be what we need though.

Snakespeare
03-14-2013, 05:44 PM
Aed, I'll check that out too, and revise my OP if it's wrong.

Jay, that's a good solution for me, actually, but I don't think it's what the devs want. I think they like the party system idea and want to make it work.

I think they hire devs from other games who bring their ideas over. For instance, the energy system in DL is like something from Phoenix Age, and this party system looks a lot like something from Gameloft. I actually like Phonix Age games, and do not like Gameloft games. So yeah, I might disable it.

Snakespeare
03-20-2013, 12:46 PM
Maybe it was a perception issue, as in, I only thought I saw people unable to join. In the days since I posted this suggestion I have noticed players able to join a map even if there is a party... but only the original map that the party was formed in. And people were able to join pretty late.

So I guess the change suggested in the OP isn't badly needed at this time.

FluffNStuff
03-20-2013, 01:27 PM
When we discussed this earlier, it seemed like joining after a party started was impossible. Then last night I purposely got sucked into a party with only one other person, but then two other people joined. Not sure if they heard us and changed it, maybe it was unanounced bug fix?