PDA

View Full Version : New Vanity Idea

Foomunda
03-14-2013, 12:40 PM
Can we get some gender bender vanities? Maybe I want to play a rogue and see what it's like to kill things.

However, unless I want to name it FlipWilson, it's not really something I'd do. Not much on the 'Bosom Buddies' action.

Maybe some females don't play warrior or sorc for same reason?

I can't be the only guy that doesn't intend to game with a toon in a bikini.

Mysticaleagle
03-14-2013, 12:40 PM
It's a fantasy style game. Not a adult style game. Sorry to burst your bubble.

Zuzeq
03-14-2013, 12:48 PM
I get the concept, but your delivery is a bit off. I can see a NPC that charges Plat to change the gender of your toon like the town Gipsy changes hair and face looks. I'd pay 30-40 Plat to switch my tank to a female or Rouge to male.

Mysticaleagle
03-14-2013, 12:49 PM
I get the concept, but your delivery is a bit off. I can see a NPC that charges Plat to change the gender of your toon like the town Gipsy changes hair and face looks. I'd pay 30-40 Plat to switch my tank to a female or Rouge to male.

Agreed.

But a bikini character? Lmao.

Foomunda
03-14-2013, 12:56 PM
It's a fantasy style game. Not a adult style game. Sorry to burst your bubble.

there is no need to troll

Mysticaleagle
03-14-2013, 12:58 PM
there is no need to troll

There is no need to call someone a troll when he is not.

On topic, i'm pointing out the truth. This game cannot contain things like this.
In any case, if you post a ''suggestion'' don't expect everyone to agree with you, and don't call people that disagrees a ''troll''.

Thanks, and good luck with your idea. :)

Foomunda
03-14-2013, 01:43 PM
Non constructive comment which includes a vaguely personal attack that's intended to get a response... Yeah gotcha .

Disagreeing would be saying something to the effect of 'I disagree'

Not implying that i think this is 'an adult style game' and that my bubble(?) Were burst...

On Topic:
Why do you disagree ?

Mysticaleagle
03-14-2013, 01:44 PM
Why do you disagree ?

Read again my post, it'll answer that question.

''Fantasy game, not a adult game''.

Welcome to the forums.

Foomunda
03-14-2013, 01:45 PM
Agreed.

But a bikini character? Lmao.

Rare
03-14-2013, 01:47 PM
I'm pretty sure, I believe it was Justg, said they would not add gender change because of the amount of work/data the new geometry would take. Just imagine all the gear we have now, and needing to double it for both male and female characters.

EDIT: Disregard. I totally misunderstood.

Samhayne
03-14-2013, 01:48 PM
Hey Foomunda,

I don't really think MysticalEagle was trolling you. He didn't add much in the way of niceties or make pleasant conversation, but I do think you're being a bit overly defensive.

So, let's just nip this in the bud.

Thanks for the suggestion. However, we've somewhat drawn the line in Arcane Legends that we're not really doing "wacky" or "comical" stuff. Some might consider a gender bender suit for a rogue to be a guy (or more so the warrior to be a girl) as such. Case in point, we put out the Christmas Tree suit for Sorcerers for the 2012 holiday season and it was not very well received. People in Arcane Legends generally like more "bad-###" looks than comical.

Lastly, it wouldn't really work, since you would need to rework the animations to match the new look which would be a big chunk of work. This is why, as Aedenos says above, there aren't different gender choices for each class. With the same amount of manhours, we could do big new systems that would probably be overall better for the game than genders.

Rare
03-14-2013, 01:55 PM
There are also a number of vanity outfits that you can use to cover up. The ninja outfit is pretty cool.

Zuzeq
03-14-2013, 02:30 PM
Hey Foomunda,

I don't really think MysticalEagle was trolling you. He didn't add much in the way of niceties or make pleasant conversation, but I do think you're being a bit overly defensive.

Thanks for the suggestion. However, we've somewhat drawn the line in Arcane Legends that we're not really doing "wacky" or "comical" stuff. Some might consider a gender bender suit for a rogue to be a guy (or more so the warrior to be a girl) as such. Case in point, we put out the Christmas Tree suit for Sorcerers for the 2012 holiday season and it was not very well received. People in Arcane Legends generally like more "bad-###" looks than comical.

Lastly, it wouldn't really work, since you would need to rework the animations to match the new look which would be a big chunk of work. This is why, as Aedenos says above, there aren't different gender choices for each class. With the same amount of manhours, we could do big new systems that would probably be overall better for the game than genders.

You make everything make sense Sam. Zu shall nickname you.....Crystal Ball.

Mysticaleagle
03-14-2013, 02:34 PM
Hey Foomunda,

Thanks for clarifying and explaining it better.

I indeed didn't put much ''niceties'' so i'll put in more attention next time I post in this kind of thread.

Thanks again!

Haowesie
03-14-2013, 02:46 PM
Hey Foomunda,

I love the Christmas tree suit :D The sorcerer by itself already looks comical :P

Jcyee
03-14-2013, 08:30 PM

Really? I actually liked that a lot haha

xcainnblecterx
03-14-2013, 09:19 PM
@Sam the Christmas suit was great Lol. Still got people complimenting me. I do agree with stuff being less comical, but a lil humor always helps. If it get to serious people take it more serious and hence less fun. As every going have their cereal faces on

Beanerboi
03-14-2013, 09:29 PM
Who cares if you are a guy and you play a female or a goblin or whatever. And who cares if your a girl and play a male. It's just a game play whatever you want...

Jcyee
03-14-2013, 10:09 PM
Who cares if you are a guy and you play a female or a goblin or whatever. And who cares if your a girl and play a male. It's just a game play whatever you want...

You'd be surprised at how much some people get annoyed by this. I know for one in PL that this tends to bother mages a lot since they're often referred to as a "she"

Caiahar
03-14-2013, 10:12 PM
Vys is a guy and hes a rogue...

Beanerboi
03-15-2013, 07:05 AM
Well it's a ROLE PLAYING game who cares if you are playing a female or a male or a goblin undead elf minotaur. Does it mean you have to be a goblin in real to play one lol? No...

Rollo
03-15-2013, 09:33 AM
Some people just like customization, a staple of rpgs and most mmos. I understand, and I understand that sts doesn't want to dedicate resources to it. IF they ever did do it though, I wouldn't want it to be a vanity, or something that needs to be purchased. Here's hoping they add a healer class instead ^_^

marshmallow
03-15-2013, 12:04 PM
... OR at least make the mage class human-like instead of a frog?