PDA

View Full Version : Rogues lets ask for our dagger dmg

gundamsone
03-14-2013, 03:38 PM
I am not complaining about the ALP nerf and I really don't think it was THAT overpowering.
If you think about it, Rogues close distance fighting really puts us at a DISADVANTAGE, so of course it was a risk-reward tradeoff.
Most Rogues are not accustomed to using bows in both PVE and PVP so we have really taken a beating since the patch.

Now with wars buffed back up I feel that it's going to be an all warrior fest again.

I am asking for a dagger auto damage buff, just a slight buff to maybe 200-400 dmg from our current 100-200 dmg. Our ALPs used to hit upwards of 1k on crit :(

Akaee
03-14-2013, 03:41 PM
And that sir was à bug.

Thegrimreaper
03-14-2013, 03:42 PM
Lmao no it wasn't rogues are the DMG class

Sent from my SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2

Akaee
03-14-2013, 03:45 PM
Well can see u reed the forums and devs posts well..

gundamsone
03-14-2013, 03:45 PM
No one really complained about it so I wouldn't consider it to be a bug then.

The only reason why it received so much attention was b/c every new dagger released had similar stats but was weaker.
Most rogues were hoping more for a buff on the other daggers rather than a nerf on the ALPs.

Have you even tried pve with rogue now? It honestly takes a top geared rogue 2-3x more time now to take down a mob and that translates to massive pot usage.
Solo farming pve kills to me has become somewhat obsolete, as there's no quick method now (and yes I have pretty much tried every build I can think of)

Decrpito
03-14-2013, 03:46 PM
Arcane warriors, welcome

Akaee
03-14-2013, 04:03 PM
Rogue is my main char, so yes i did and do try. The lifethieves damage has been weird since they excisted and many got used to it. Now we have to get used to weapons without à bug. I can live with it.

Vystirch
03-14-2013, 04:33 PM
Well all I have to say, is us rouges don't deal as much dmg anymore, it's time to start focusing on the dmg stat instead of dps for us rogues now :/

Raxin
03-14-2013, 04:36 PM
This is a joke right?

wawawa64
03-14-2013, 05:17 PM
I am asking for a dagger auto damage buff, just a slight buff to maybe 200-400 dmg from our current 100-200 dmg. Our ALPs used to hit upwards of 1k on crit :(

you do realize you are asking for doubling the damage here going from 100-200 dmg to 200-400 dmg right? I don't think that is "slight buff" at all.

Bless
03-14-2013, 05:30 PM
Low level pvp has become a total joke now, devs make updates according to endgame stats and they are being bombarded by endgame-oriented ideas. My rogue does 50-70 dmg with an uncharged ALP attack.

Another thing, devs dont usually nerf things but when they do they frickin destroy the thing.

imsogud
03-14-2013, 06:04 PM
Low level pvp has become a total joke now, devs make updates according to endgame stats and they are being bombarded by endgame-oriented ideas. My rogue does 50-70 dmg with an uncharged ALP attack.

Another thing, devs dont usually nerf things but when they do they frickin destroy the thing.

Welcome to STS?

earhole
03-14-2013, 07:17 PM

Well, if it ain't broke....it is now....STS *insert trollface*

digitalbot
03-14-2013, 07:41 PM
there are warriors on your team aswell. maybe stick with them? they will replenish your mana!
i dont play pvp so its a thought.. correct me if wrong

Limsi
03-14-2013, 08:52 PM
Pve is now painfully slow.

Spicy1
03-14-2013, 09:17 PM
Well all I have to say, is us rouges don't deal as much dmg anymore, it's time to start focusing on the dmg stat instead of dps for us rogues now :/

Glad other rogues see this fact now that we actually deal now way more dmg with our skills rather than on normal attacks :)

Pve is now painfully slow.

How? I just did seas in 3.02. Fastest run ive ever done. Before i was using agile lifethiefs of force, now slicing flintlocks of brutality. Gear is the same otherwise. Combination was 2rogues, a sorcerer and a warrior. Imo pve is fine now when it comes to dealing damage.

wvhills
03-14-2013, 09:23 PM
I'm not pvping anymore. If all rogues and mages stop pvping maybe they'll notice. "Vote with our feet" as Sam says.

Vystirch
03-14-2013, 09:27 PM
Glad other rogues see this fact now that we actually deal now way more dmg with our skills rather than on normal attacks :)

This I have done for the longest time by focussing on AoE skills. But it looks like it's time to focus on DMG weapons also.

I'm not pvping anymore. If all rogues and mages stop pvping maybe they'll notice. "Vote with our feet" as Sam says.

Yep, I've been away from PvP for 2 whole updates.

Limsi
03-14-2013, 09:50 PM

How? I just did seas in 3.02. Fastest run ive ever done. Before i was using agile lifethiefs of force, now slicing flintlocks of brutality. Gear is the same otherwise. Combination was 2rogues, a sorcerer and a warrior. Imo pve is fine now when it comes to dealing damage.

I used to do 2:10 with four rogues, now it's back to 3:30

earhole
03-14-2013, 10:42 PM

I did a 12 minute + with 4 warriors :)

Gymfreak14
03-14-2013, 10:53 PM

Screenshot of the 3:02 with a warrior. Lol not trying to call you out , but if you are seriously running faster then 4 time running rogues , then kudos to you & your team. :p

Limsi
03-14-2013, 11:01 PM
I did a 12 minute + with 4 warriors :)

I feel you, what did you get for a drop though?

Ryuushadow
03-15-2013, 12:32 AM
I don't think it is. I agree that rogues need a damage up... We have almost the same damage as a warrior. I see warriors lvl 25 with the same dps as me and Iam a lvl 25 with sealord armor which is the best for our lvl.

Rogues just aren't any fun anymore.... We really need a buff on our damages!

- Ryuushadow
- Never seen until its to late!

Spicy1
03-15-2013, 12:57 AM
Screenshot of the 3:02 with a warrior. Lol not trying to call you out , but if you are seriously running faster then 4 time running rogues , then kudos to you & your team. :p

I think we could do alot better, considering i'm not even close to maxed out gear. All were my guildies, warr was maxed (no mythic), sorc was maxed (with mythic), another rogue had maxed gear (no mythic or arcane) though he was using depraved blades. Time shift+entangling trap=massacre combo :)

Spicy1
03-15-2013, 01:02 AM

I think sts never intended elites to be ran thru with 4characters of same class in the first place.. I'm glad they finally fixed lifethiefs. I wasn't even very fond of them back in the s1.

gundamsone
03-15-2013, 01:44 AM
So Spicy1 let me ask you this,

Should a DPS/DMG class be running the slowest time and have the hardest time when solo farming pve kills @ lets say tombs 4?
You keep forgetting our main aoe skill we used to rely on was the holy auto atk and razor every now and then (but can't rely on that b/c of the long cooldown)

You keep talking from a team perspective which I agree there's no need for a buff, but a slight buff for our base damage will not really affect the game play THAT much.
We used to hit 600-900s easily and no one was really complaining about us hitting too high.

The only reason as i've said before why this got too much attention was the fact that all the new daggers showed similar stats yet hit bad damage. Most rogues were infact hoping for more of a buff on the other daggers so they would put up a fight with the lifethiefs but instead STS just took the easy route and nerfed lifetheifs down to where the other daggers are.

I don't see why any rogues would be against this other than those rogues who could not save up for a pair of lifethiefs and were stuck using the lower ended gear.
But this would not apply to those individuals because again i'm only asking for a base dmg increase on all daggers across the board which would not single out any dagger, making it the "best" again.

azbestwarior
03-15-2013, 02:14 AM
Hey who cen tell me build rogue for pvp or max dmg dps endd warior :(

Limsi
03-15-2013, 02:20 AM
So Spicy1 let me ask you this,

Should a DPS/DMG class be running the slowest time and have the hardest time when solo farming pve kills @ lets say tombs 4?
You keep forgetting our main aoe skill we used to rely on was the holy auto atk and razor every now and then (but can't rely on that b/c of the long cooldown)

You keep talking from a team perspective which I agree there's no need for a buff, but a slight buff for our base damage will not really affect the game play THAT much.
We used to hit 600-900s easily and no one was really complaining about us hitting too high.

The only reason as i've said before why this got too much attention was the fact that all the new daggers showed similar stats yet hit bad damage. Most rogues were infact hoping for more of a buff on the other daggers so they would put up a fight with the lifethiefs but instead STS just took the easy route and nerfed lifetheifs down to where the other daggers are.

I don't see why any rogues would be against this other than those rogues who could not save up for a pair of lifethiefs and were stuck using the lower ended gear.
But this would not apply to those individuals because again i'm only asking for a base dmg increase on all daggers across the board which would not single out any dagger, making it the "best" again.

And to add to our injury, for those who bought lifethiefs in hope that it serves its purpose to be the most coveted dagger got really screwed when the nerfing took place - losing tons of gold.

Faliziaga
03-15-2013, 02:29 AM
The close combat boxing kung fu mana-independant playstyle with the lifethief was great fun! Thats what I miss most.

Limsi
03-15-2013, 02:32 AM
The close combat boxing kung fu mana-independant playstyle with the lifethief was great fun! Thats what I miss most.

Yeah, those were the days! Now it's a little bit slow. I was hoping some sort of boost to our daggers or probably something better than those depraved.

Faliziaga
03-15-2013, 02:35 AM
Maybe they could increase the dex proc on flintlocks

Limsi
03-15-2013, 02:39 AM
And to add to our injury, for those who bought lifethiefs in hope that it serves its purpose to be the most coveted dagger got really screwed when the nerfing took place - losing tons of gold.

Maybe they could increase the dex proc on flintlocks

Or better increase the dps so it's worth farming for. We normally rely on normal attacks with the aid of our aimed and nox, so for pve, we really do need something like the lifethiefs. Since the lifethiefs were a product of mathematical error, i'm good with something that's a little bit less than the alps.

lovestriker
03-15-2013, 03:31 AM
I think we should attack faster since we are rogues. And I think it's kinda weird that rogues have the highest damage among the three classes. Originally, they were meant to have low damage (lower than them bulky classes at least). What compensates for this is their high dodge, crit, hit and damage per second.

Based on other MMO, Warriors should have the highest defense, hp, and damage. In our case they only have the highest HP (Rogues can have higher armor than warriors while still out-damaging them).
I also think sorcerers/mages were not really meant for having high dps. They are more focused with their magic and spells.

Just a realization. :D

Rollo
03-15-2013, 06:00 AM
Wrong section.

Mysticaleagle
03-15-2013, 06:38 AM
This is a joke right?

^ warrior ^

Vystirch
03-15-2013, 09:17 AM
Rogues have been nerfed very badly dps wise, they rly are trying to make us more of a dmg class and want us to focus on skills. I mean just look at the fact that they are giving us more mana...

Rollo
03-15-2013, 09:26 AM
No one really complained about it so I wouldn't consider it to be a bug then.

I just want to point out that just because nobody comes clean about a bug or exploit, or even figures out that's what it is, does not make it not a bug/exploit.

Look how long it took warriors to figure out the windmill bug.

Samhayne
03-15-2013, 09:55 AM
I think sts never intended elites to be ran thru with 4characters of same class in the first place.. I'm glad they finally fixed lifethiefs. I wasn't even very fond of them back in the s1.

Yup, pretty much.

Closing this up.