PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on Build?

Deathgaze
03-14-2013, 10:02 PM
Hi, I'm currently a lv. 13 rogue, and yes, that is a small level, but I would like to take advantage of the free respecs, and create a build which I will build on.

Base Stats:
10 in Strength (I felt very squishy when pve-ing)
40 in Dex (For added damage output)
22 in Int (My skills are key part of my play style, and I always seemed out of mana.)

Skills (12 pts):
Shadow Veil, Armor buff, Attack buff. Great when I need an edge, or when I'm with a party.
Aimed Shot, everything. Deals huge amounts of damage.
Noxious Bolt, +3 sec. Great for boss kills when paired with AS.
Razor Shield, +3 sec. I like close-combat for mobs, and this fit the bill.

Things that I wear (weapons, armor, rings, etc.):
I only really wear what I pick up. I'll focus on getting legendary items when I'm Lvl 20+.

Pet:
What pets do you guys think fit best with this rogue? I use Barney to ease my general feeling of being squishy, with its arcane power, and I use Flap Jack for its bonuses. Other pets in my possesion right now are Flounder, Guapo, and Deary.

I will post my stats here, if needed.

Right now, I do pve more often, but I also do pvp as a side-activity, so I'm not focused on one of the two as of yet. I generally use many skills do deal most of my damage, but I do also do normal meelee.

If you've read this far, thank you, and I hope that everyone could contribute their ideas on how to improve this build. =)

MrFoster
03-15-2013, 01:41 PM
First of all, if you want do most dmg go with full dex rogue and if you feel too squishy use bow and fight from back of party :)

For bow build use aimed shot, nox, veil and razor. Passive skills upgrade last (at higher lvl). And for low mana use pets like flap jack, jack ( best mana regen), nexus.

Deathgaze
03-15-2013, 09:02 PM
First of all, if you want do most dmg go with full dex rogue and if you feel too squishy use bow and fight from back of party :)

For bow build use aimed shot, nox, veil and razor. Passive skills upgrade last (at higher lvl). And for low mana use pets like flap jack, jack ( best mana regen), nexus.

I normally don't have a party when I do pve, so when I do bosses with full dex, I die easily :dispirited:
In terms of the skills, what should I upgrade on them?

MrFoster
03-16-2013, 09:59 AM
Aimed max, nox: extra time, more dmg and more poison dmg, veil max ( if you think veil explosion at end useless you skip that upgrade, razor: dodge and extra time. Mex dex passive end if you have spare skill points put into int passive.
And if you dont like this build, test your own build till free respec.

baddiva
03-16-2013, 01:08 PM
just share my build... dex:int = 5:2, pierce 2, aimed shot 3, razor 3, medic 2. passive full dex, full int, full dmg, and optional skill point.
HP is low, but higher than full dex, and the mana is satisfying for spamming skill. i combined with horton... cheap and med satisfying :)

Sent from my LG-P970 using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2

Deathgaze
03-16-2013, 08:46 PM
Aimed max, nox: extra time, more dmg and more poison dmg, veil max ( if you think veil explosion at end useless you skip that upgrade, razor: dodge and extra time. Mex dex passive end if you have spare skill points put into int passive.
And if you dont like this build, test your own build till free respec.

just share my build... dex:int = 5:2, pierce 2, aimed shot 3, razor 3, medic 2. passive full dex, full int, full dmg, and optional skill point.
HP is low, but higher than full dex, and the mana is satisfying for spamming skill. i combined with horton... cheap and med satisfying :)

Thanks for the answers =)
I think I'll combine the 2. I'll use the skillset that Mr. Foster has provided, and the stat-set that baddiva has provided, because I don't really like shadow piercer, and I don't like the squishy feeling of full dex.
Again, thanks!

FluffNStuff
03-16-2013, 08:51 PM
If you are using the free respecs to set you up for the future, make sure you go pure dex. You will really regret it with future caps if you can't respec.

baddiva
03-17-2013, 06:07 AM
If you are using the free respecs to set you up for the future, make sure you go pure dex. You will really regret it with future caps if you can't respec.

well, I have to agree to your suggestion. But, in my case, I can't afford the equip for fulldex rogue, which is the most expensive.. so I go with these stat. And yes, for the limitation of INT, I set my mana just only 1k MAX. it should not more than that IMO.

FluffNStuff
03-17-2013, 04:40 PM
well, I have to agree to your suggestion. But, in my case, I can't afford the equip for fulldex rogue, which is the most expensive.. so I go with these stat. And yes, for the limitation of INT, I set my mana just only 1k MAX. it should not more than that IMO.

If you are talking current endgame, a level 23 amulet has 26 dex, 13 intelligence and 3 damage. It costs 60k. A level 25 has 28 dex, 14 intelligence and 3 damage. It costs 450k. If price is an issue, you can still get the gear, but sacrifice 2 dex for 13 intelligence. To do it through stats would cost 13 dex for 13 intelligence.

Deathgaze
03-17-2013, 04:54 PM
If you are talking current endgame, a level 23 amulet has 26 dex, 13 intelligence and 3 damage. It costs 60k. A level 25 has 28 dex, 14 intelligence and 3 damage. It costs 450k. If price is an issue, you can still get the gear, but sacrifice 2 dex for 13 intelligence. To do it through stats would cost 13 dex for 13 intelligence.
what do you mean sacrifice 2 dex for 13 intelligence?

EDIT: And what pets would be best for a int/dex build, or a full dex build?

MrFoster
03-18-2013, 06:51 AM
Malison best for all builds :)

Deathgaze
03-18-2013, 07:12 PM
if only i could afford him...

Thegrimreaper
03-18-2013, 07:15 PM

Agreed it is by far the most op pet we have

Sent from my SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2