PDA

View Full Version : Should Expansions Be Level Restricted?

Bastok
03-14-2013, 11:27 PM
Let's face it, there's no reason for level 12 toons to be in Kraken Isle levels. They expect you to piggy back them through these levels, and they drop dead if a monster even looks at them. For what? Why are they seriously trying to go through these levels? Some people have even gotten mad because nobody would help them complete the levels, they couldn't fathom the concept that they were level 10 and had absolutely no business being there.

So, should the content be restricted? Should Dead City open up at level 14 and Kraken Isles open up at level 19? I think so, what about you?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Vystirch
03-14-2013, 11:30 PM
I think you have a point and I agree with you. I would even suggest when they try to go to a lvl to high for them they get a popup that would direct them to the tombs they can do.

Jcyee
03-15-2013, 12:16 AM
Haha I remember when PL used to be like this when I first started playing xD. You can still do this but have to play plat.

And yes I agree with you on this even though it's rare to see something like this

TheStoic
03-15-2013, 12:47 AM
They expect you to piggy back them through these levels, and they drop dead if a monster even looks at them. For what?

Haha, love the drop dead statement. Seriously, access to newer maps should be earned.

Rollo
03-15-2013, 06:17 AM
Let's face it, there's no reason for level 12 toons to be in Kraken Isle levels. They expect you to piggy back them through these levels, and they drop dead if a monster even looks at them. For what? Why are they seriously trying to go through these levels? Some people have even gotten mad because nobody would help them complete the levels, they couldn't fathom the concept that they were level 10 and had absolutely no business being there.

So, should the content be restricted? Should Dead City open up at level 14 and Kraken Isles open up at level 19? I think so, what about you?

Ive had this issue with new low level recruits. However I don't believe resources should be spent on that, only because when running them you're grouped up with similarly leveled strangers. Just my 2 cents though.

KillaSkillz
03-15-2013, 06:31 AM
Had a player quit guild over it. He/she was level 7 and was blasting "help me!" "why nobody helps me?" On guild chat. So I went. He was level 7 trying to take on the island. Everyone else was going, seeing the situation and leaving the game. I stayed and got him through, and then starty telling him about difficulty levels, and he says "don't tell me how to play, I do what I want!"
Then he went back to a hard map and guild chatting for help. Nobody went. So he says "you guys suck, nobody helps I hate you all" and left the guild.

Pretty sure this ray of sunshine is in another guild somewhere blasting guild chat for help. Lol

Rollo
03-15-2013, 06:36 AM
Had a player quit guild over it. He/she was level 7 and was blasting "help me!" "why nobody helps me?" On guild chat. So I went. He was level 7 trying to take on the island. Everyone else was going, seeing the situation and leaving the game. I stayed and got him through, and then starty telling him about difficulty levels, and he says "don't tell me how to play, I do what I want!"
Then he went back to a hard map and guild chatting for help. Nobody went. So he says "you guys suck, nobody helps I hate you all" and left the guild.

Pretty sure this ray of sunshine is in another guild somewhere blasting guild chat for help. Lol

Yeah there's some players that are just no good lol, I'm glad there's a kick from guild button.

Zuzeq
03-15-2013, 09:31 AM
I'd have to agree with you. I don't know about lvl requirement, but you should at the very least complete Tower of M before being able to start the Harbor.

GoodSyntax
03-15-2013, 10:55 AM

Good riddance. You don't need players like that in any guild.

gundamsone
03-15-2013, 12:05 PM
They are level restricted FYI.
I tried to get me lvl 1 to piers town but couldn't even enter the first map leading to it.

Vystirch
03-15-2013, 12:08 PM
They are level restricted FYI.
I tried to get me lvl 1 to piers town but couldn't even enter the first map leading to it.

I believe you have to finish all the prior lvls. Did you do that?

gundamsone
03-15-2013, 12:10 PM
I believe you have to finish all the prior lvls. Did you do that?
Naw that's not true as I never finished the dead city maps or even the original set of maps on my l10/16 but I got them access to piers.

Vystirch
03-15-2013, 12:17 PM
Naw that's not true as I never finished the dead city maps or even the original set of maps on my l10/16 but I got them access to piers.

O.O that's interesting.....

Dragonrider023
03-15-2013, 12:19 PM
Haha I remember when PL used to be like this when I first started playing xD. You can still do this but have to play plat.

And yes I agree with you on this even though it's rare to see something like this

Oh yes, i would use my L1 bird to go to AO and I even complete some quest there

Rollo
03-15-2013, 12:19 PM
Its at least 14+ because I had a guildy begging to be ran through while inside the instance. I bet they did put a lvl cap of maybe 10 or so, so that new players don't stumble in there by accident.

gundamsone
03-15-2013, 01:14 PM
With the scaled up difficulty with each set of new maps, I think the intention was to have new players complete the previous expansions & lvl up before trying out the new content.
I don't think they wanted new players to jump straight through the new content w/o revisiting the old.

Bastok
03-15-2013, 02:05 PM
With the scaled up difficulty with each set of new maps, I think the intention was to have new players complete the previous expansions & lvl up before trying out the new content.
I don't think they wanted new players to jump straight through the new content w/o revisiting the old.

That is the intention, but somehow some newbies just don't understand that they're way under leveled. One guy got mad because he believed we wouldn't take him on a run because we thought he sucked. He just couldn't understand that it doesn't matter how good of a player you are, if you're grossly under leveled you're going to be a burden.