PDA

View Full Version : Horn of Renew Question

Kong Simon
03-15-2013, 01:14 AM
Does the Protective Shield for the Horn of Renew protect the user too, or just his allies?

Wowsome
03-15-2013, 01:22 AM
player & allies

Prack
03-15-2013, 10:18 AM
Yes it does the caster as well as the whole team. I'm still not sure if it's worth a point. I've had it for a long time but now that I was able to try some other builds I'm not so sure I want to keep it.

DoctorHan
03-16-2013, 12:54 AM
Yes it does the caster as well as the whole team. I'm still not sure if it's worth a point. I've had it for a long time but now that I was able to try some other builds I'm not so sure I want to keep it.

I find the 2 second shield useful to move a bit away if taking heavy damage while low on health, and regain health moving around the bad guy so that I'm good enough to re-engage. It has saved me quite a few times from losing the team's progress on a tough boss.

Wowsome
03-16-2013, 09:50 AM
imho worth a point. i use hor 3/5 with duration and shield upgrades.

Ivanfang
03-23-2013, 01:02 AM
the shield is worth a point alright. tat 2 sec might save u alot of damage received

HumbleSage
03-23-2013, 02:58 PM
In addition to saving yourself, a great warrior times it's use not just based on his own health but looks out for the party. I've always considered the Warrior to be the "protector". We are tanks after all. I've used my HoR with the shield MANY times when I've had full health just to save the lives of my party.. I recall one time I was doing an Elite Seas run and saved this Sorcerer over 6 times. I like doing that. It's all about team when you party. :)

Not to shift away from this topic, but it's important to support your party. Only looking out for yourself, in a party situation, makes a party doomed to fail. Trust me healing those rouges helps take the heat off my back at times so I can sneak in a pot or two.. or twenty. ;)