PDA

View Full Version : Thanks STS

vholt
03-15-2013, 01:19 AM
Lately, I've been reading a lot of threads complaining about updates and such. Why not turn things around and make a thread dedicated to thanking Spacetime Studios for making awesomeness into a game called Awesomeness Legends (AL) and all the hard work they put forth to achieve, oh I don't know, Best MMO app ever (woot). They are updating the game a lot, and updates are good. Why you no happy with them? You get to play the game, not work on it. You should be enjoying what they provide for you. The game is even free :o. Of course they got to make money through in-game purchases but I really don't mind if I'm not forced to spend money on something to make the game more enjoyable, whilst keeping the game still playable if i don't. Would you rather have to pay $2 to download AL and have no in-game purchases? I wouldn't. I'm glad i got to try out this game, because it is really well done. There are not a lot of games on mobile that play this well, and this is all due to the hard work of the devs. So, I'd like to say thanks to all the devs for making the game, and keep it up because it's awesome, and also special thanks to Samhayne for being really responsive and active on the forums (even posting threads o: ) and Delphina too. I hope there are other people too that want to say thanks because it's good to give STS your support (mostly through in-game purchases :P ) by expressing through thanks to keep devs motivated :D

Rollo
03-15-2013, 06:08 AM
Sounds good to me, thanks STS! I'm enjoying the game. I feel bad that you have to put up with petulant threads and posts complaining all the time. Shout out to the mods who have to deal with the -not so good- part of the community. You guys are very professional. Keep up the good work!!

Arcanee
03-15-2013, 07:29 AM
Thanks Spacetime studios! They just want to be op so they can kill everyone I guess because warriors is defintiley no op! In fact none of them are Thanks though Spacetime studios!

Vystirch
03-15-2013, 09:24 AM
There old games for now are put on the back burner or bead. Tbh as a game artist/designer/dev/mod I wouldn't want to be held down by obligations to update old games... On to new horizons is what I say!

I'd like to thank sts for continuing to improve there graphics and gameplay with there games! Also there activity in the forums helping and listening is amazing! I rly do feel this is the most active forums on the part of dev/mods, which makes members more eager to post. STS has there head on straight, keep up the good work!

-Vys

Rare
03-15-2013, 09:35 AM
There old games for now are put on the back burner or bead. Tbh as a game artist/designer/dev/mod I wouldn't want to be held down by obligations to update old games... On to new horizons is what I say!

I'd like to thank sts for continuing to improve there graphics and gameplay with there games! Also there activity in the forums helping and listening is amazing! I rly do feel this is the most active forums on the part of dev/mods, which makes members more eager to post. STS has there head on straight, keep up the good work!

-Vys

Except when you have customers that made investments in those other games. Food for thought. If I play game after game from a developer that dies after a year or so... Why would I continue to invest large sums of money in their newer games? Chances are good the same will happen when the next thing comes out.

It's all about precedent when it comes to games like this. Then again, I don't know if it's better to target repeat customers or new ones

Vystirch
03-15-2013, 09:37 AM
Except when you have customers that made investments in those other games. Food for thought. If I pay game after game from a developer that does after a year or so... Why would I continue to invest large sums of money in their newer games? Chances are good the same will happen when the next thing comes out.

PI have alot invested in PL, my idea would be to have them instigate a reward system, that rewards a player for what they have achieved in another game. Also maybe a 50% of plat spent in other game added to the new game.

Rollo
03-15-2013, 09:37 AM
Except when you have customers that made investments in those other games. Food for thought. If I play game after game from a developer that dies after a year or so... Why would I continue to invest large sums of money in their newer games? Chances are good the same will happen when the next thing comes out.

Its an issue for sure. Lets not poop up a thank you thread though, lol.

Vystirch
03-15-2013, 09:40 AM

Agreed :)

Anyway once again thanks StS

Zuzeq
03-15-2013, 09:42 AM
I would like to offer my thanks as well. I appreciate the communication you guys display on here. I'm a Military man and I can respect anyone/team that can preform under pressure. I got to say, you guys get a lot of that with every update. Thanks for paying attention and constant improvements.

Zeus
03-15-2013, 09:53 AM

-Vys

Lol. Pocket Legends is their oldest game and pretty much was the most popular. It used to fund the other games.

All this should be forgotten because AL was released? You're not looking at the business side of things, dude, so open that view up.

The current trend: game hits about L30 cap and platinum purchases in the game tend to decrease as the initial excitement is no longer there. The developers now have two options:

1. Go with the now stabilized rate of income.

2. Use a portion of their profits to create a new game that will again bring in a bunch of initial income while the other games are still bringing in a good amount of income relied on from their diehard fans of the game.

It's pretty obvious to me, what about you?

Not that I blame them for it from a business stand-point. Money is money, but please don't take a dump on your loyal customers either. I'm willing to pay for pretty much every game personally, as long as I know that I won't be ignored when their next game is released.

Vystirch
03-15-2013, 10:03 AM
Lol. Pocket Legends is their oldest game and pretty much was the most popular. It used to fund the other games.

All this should be forgotten because AL was released? You're not looking at the business side of things, dude, so open that view up.

The current trend: game hits about L30 cap and platinum purchases in the game tend to decrease as the initial excitement is no longer there. The developers now have two options:

2. Use a portion of their profits to create a new game that will again bring in a bunch of initial income.

Not that I blame them for it from a business stand-point. Money is money, but please don't take a dump on your loyal customers either. I'm willing to pay for pretty much every game personally, as long as I know that I won't be ignored when their next game is released.

My only point is that I hope STS eventually gets to the point of having a very very well game that they will master and great into a masterpiece, all the previous legends titles had a new aspect that they learned from. I want to see STS go upward and onward. Your points on why an old game should not be dropped are valid. I just don't see why STS should be held back by old games from xpanding there technoledgy and game components. I guess instead of making a new game they could go back to an old game and refurbish it?..... Meh this topic is a very weird one, on one side I agree with you on the other I do think the older games are to be ignored more than the others for a purpose......

Meh meh meh,
-Vys

Zeus
03-15-2013, 10:13 AM
My only point is that I hope STS eventually gets to the point of having a very very well game that they will master and great into a masterpiece, all the previous legends titles had a new aspect that they learned from. I want to see STS go upward and onward. Your points on why an old game should not be dropped are valid. I just don't see why STS should be held back by old games from xpanding there technoledgy and game components. I guess instead of making a new game they could go back to an old game and refurbish it?..... Meh this topic is a very weird one, on one side I agree with you on the other I do think the older games are to be ignored more than the others for a purpose......

Meh meh meh,
-Vys

They all run on the same engine, the Spacetime engine. It's not that the technology is outdated since the infrastructure that the games run on is the same.

I too hope that they'll pick one of their games and stick to it, but when you're making that much money with the current business plan, you'd be crazy not to make a new game when initial excitement revenue starts plateauing.

Vystirch
03-15-2013, 10:22 AM
So ur just saying that other ppls money time effort should be put to the dust? There was just recently added new vanity set in store for 150 plat. Why should ppl buy it in an ignored game?

So i should thank u for clarifying this to me and saving me some money for the future i think. *sarcasm*

But i feel bad for ppl they did sigh.

Can't rly say anything.

They all run on the same engine, the Spacetime engine. It's not that the technology is outdated since the infrastructure that the games run on is the same.

I too hope that they'll pick one of their games and stick to it, but when you're making that much money with the current business plan, you'd be crazy not to make a new game when initial excitement revenue starts plateauing.

Well AL can't be played on lower end devices because of graphics, that's all I was referring to. Anyway this is a funny subject, ill talk to you on Skype about it latter today.

-Vys

Uzii
03-15-2013, 10:28 AM
So ur just saying that other ppls money time effort should be put to the dust? There was just recently added new vanity set in store for 150 plat. Why should ppl buy it in an ignored game?

So i should thank u for clarifying this to me and saving me some money for the future i think. *sarcasm*

But i feel bad for ppl they did sigh.

Can't rly say anything.

So u can spare some quoting next time

Zeus
03-15-2013, 10:29 AM
Can't rly say anything.

Well AL can't be played on lower end devices because of graphics, that's all I was referring to. Anyway this is a funny subject, ill talk to you on Skype about it latter today.

-Vys

None of the Legends titles can be played on lower end devices, so you cannot use that as a point.

vholt
03-15-2013, 10:37 AM

It's all about precedent when it comes to games like this. Then again, I don't know if it's better to target repeat customers or new ones

A lot of games die after a year, especially when it's part of a franchise. I'm going to have to, unfortunately, use Call of Duty as an example. When a CoD game comes out, it's all the hype and everyone rushes to buy one, however everyone knows there will be a new one next year and then the old CoD game will die and the new one will take place. It makes sense, but why do people still buy them anyways? It's because they are paying for that "1 year experience" or a new feel to the game. I'm pretty sure you enjoyed playing the AL campaign, and sure people who spend on the game to make their playing experience more fun, enjoy them until AL grows old but you got an experience that lasted for sometime. I'm sure AL is not a game you will be playing forever, but you're playing it (and spending) for now, so you can enjoy "now". :o

chitgoks
03-15-2013, 10:37 AM

repeat customers are the lifeline of a successful business ;)

Mysticaleagle
03-15-2013, 10:41 AM

2. Use a portion of their profits to create a new game that will again bring in a bunch of initial income while the other games are still bringing in a good amount of income relied on from their diehard fans of the game.

I agree with Apollo.

You can thank Pocket Legends for all these new games.

Pocket Legends = The thing that lighted up Spacetime Studios, the thing that made them a better company, more famous, more popular and better.

It's like if Pocket Legends created Spacetime Studios.

Pocket Legends from the very start, till death (well not really death, you get my point).

Zeus
03-15-2013, 10:43 AM
A lot of games die after a year, especially when it's part of a franchise. I'm going to have to, unfortunately, use Call of Duty as an example. When a CoD game comes out, it's all the hype and everyone rushes to buy one, however everyone knows there will be a new one next year and then the old CoD game will die and the new one will take place. It makes sense, but why do people still buy them anyways? It's because they are paying for that "1 year experience" or a new feel to the game. I'm pretty sure you enjoyed playing the AL campaign, and sure people who spend on the game to make their playing experience more fun, enjoy them until AL grows old but you got an experience that lasted for sometime. I'm sure AL is not a game you will be playing forever, but you're playing it (and spending) for now, so you can enjoy "now". :o

MMOs are different than a campaign based video game. Plus, in different CoD games, they're like campaign expansions. You don't suddenly end up being a fox holding their gun with suddenly very different skills.

Thus, that example you used is weak & invalid, therefore it cannot be applied to this.

Samhayne
03-15-2013, 10:44 AM
To Vholt, thanks very much for the kind words. Your thread derailment attests that most people don't post to voice their opinions when everything is rosy in their world. That's generally why, like in any other circle, the gossip or what needs to be changed, improved or is controversial will get the attention. It's just human nature.

For those who are calling for more - yup we know you want it. Whether you want it for PL/SL/DL/AL or you want a completely new game, there is always something more that someone wants. Ultimately, we'll never be able to satisfy everyone. We do what we can. We have a fun update for DL coming in the near future. I'll be posting more about that soon. PL and SL will get some love too. The bottom line is that the majority of our players are right now playing AL. It makes the most sense for us to use the majority of our limited resources on AL. That's just running our business well, which we need to do. Otherwise there might not be a Spacetime Studios or any updates in the future, ya know?

For those who are asking for more, can you please move to a more appropriate thread, such as: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?89585-_-really-sts

Thanks, as always, for your interest and enthusiasm for Spacetime Games. Ultimately, we wouldn't be making games if we didn't have fans who love to play them.

Raxin
03-15-2013, 10:49 AM
Ty <3

Zeus
03-15-2013, 10:50 AM
To Vholt, thanks very much for the kind words. Your thread derailment attests that most people don't post to voice their opinions when everything is rosy in their world. That's generally why, like in any other circle, the gossip or what needs to be changed, improved or is controversial will get the attention. It's just human nature.

For those who are calling for more - yup we know you want it. Whether you want it for PL/SL/DL/AL or you want a completely new game, there is always something more that someone wants. Ultimately, we'll never be able to satisfy everyone. We do what we can. We have a fun update for DL coming in the near future. I'll be posting more about that soon. PL and SL will get some love too. The bottom line is that the majority of our players are right now playing AL. It makes the most sense for us to use the majority of our limited resources on AL. That's just running our business well, which we need to do. Otherwise there might not be a Spacetime Studios or any updates in the future, ya know?

For those who are asking for more, can you please move to a more appropriate thread, such as: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?89585-_-really-sts

Thanks, as always, for your interest and enthusiasm for Spacetime Games. Ultimately, we wouldn't be making games if we didn't have fans who love to play them.

Sam, thank you. That's all we need to hear.

Like I said before, I understand from a business mindset why us other players are being ignored but letting us know updates are on the horizon brings excitement for us.

Also, to hold us over...remember when the developers would host big contests like, "Where Do You Play Pocket Legends?" Things like that would renew many people's love in the game because again, it's something to work for and keep us busy while we are waiting for an update.

Plus, besides from the judging, I'm sure it doesn't take much time to host it and grant exclusive prizes. (perhaps create new prizes other than the shield of legends so that more people will want to compete to get an exclusive item?)

Mysticaleagle
03-15-2013, 10:51 AM

I agree fully with you Sam except for this thing, which is this:

You, and other developers keep saying ''AL is where people are, and that's why we put more consideration and more time in it, and keep updating it'' etc.
I disagree with that. Why? Most of the 'new' items are recycled. Same geometry, same look, just different colours.

Especially for St Patrick's day. All of your games do get a 'big luck' or a luck themed vanity. What does your 'biggest game' get? just recoloured armours.

No offense, just voicing my opinion which seems fair. (I love you though, StS <3)

Rare
03-15-2013, 10:53 AM

Oh for sure. I do thank sts for giving me years of entertainment. It's just in my nature to call it how I see it :)

Roberto077
03-15-2013, 10:59 AM
Meanwhile in Star Legends...

Uzii
03-15-2013, 11:00 AM

....focusing on al as their for now most succesful game. No blame they must make money to live and make game better. But it want hurt to make some updates for other games from time to time too dont u think? Not so oft as for al, but half+ year ignoring is bit too much.

I should say thank u i think... just hoping it wouldnt take another half of a year

RcyberN
03-15-2013, 11:01 AM
Sam,

It's the STS marketing style that's so annoying for fans. You create a new game, get your quick dollar from it's revenue, and then abandon it.

Let people know up front that STS commitment to their titles for new content are short lived until the next game.

Roberto077
03-15-2013, 11:18 AM
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?79677-Complaints-and-Thanks

That's all

ishyrionek
03-15-2013, 11:19 AM
After last update I can write it too :-)
Thanks!

KillaSkillz
03-15-2013, 12:23 PM

I disagree COD is a game the majority of it is on a disk and they have micro transactions for about a year. Then to make a massive change they must release a new disk. An app doesn't have to do that. They can keep adding content and app versions of microtrans (in game purchases) for a long time.

I can appreciate there effort to put out a good product and I can say thank you for it, thanks.
But, I can't help the feeling that shortly before best MMO app 2014 gets selected there will be another STS title coming out, and the buzz, and all the people trying it and spending money, then 2015 another new title release a new award, and new revenue, and by then this forum will be as dead SL forum is.

If this is the case, I would really prefer a subscription to STS games, one account that I can use for all and be able to liquidate and move my in game currency from game to game. I am getting tired of building accounts in previous titles that are sitting with items an millions on them and no new content in the forseeable future. Heck SL is sitting with an incomplete story line, a scorn part 3 that who knows if it will ever happen.

So thanks STS for the great games, at least as long as you decide to support them.

Bastok
03-15-2013, 02:21 PM
Sam is right though when he says you can't please everyone. As much as any business would love to please everyone, you just can't and pursuing it will almost always end with a failed business. Sometimes you just have to find your biggest strength and concentrate on that for a while, even if a lot of others protest against it saying they don't feel their wants are recognized. Once you've built yourself up a bit and you're feeling confident, then you can go back and touch up on some areas some claimed you have forgotten about. I'm sure STS wants all the games to be immensely popular, but right now they need to focus on Arcane Legends because it's their biggest strength. The bigger, badder, and more profitable it gets, the more potential future resources they might have to start making the other games bigger and better.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

vholt
03-16-2013, 11:02 PM
I disagree COD is a game the majority of it is on a disk and they have micro transactions for about a year. Then to make a massive change they must release a new disk. An app doesn't have to do that. They can keep adding content and app versions of microtrans (in game purchases) for a long time.

I can appreciate there effort to put out a good product and I can say thank you for it, thanks.
But, I can't help the feeling that shortly before best MMO app 2014 gets selected there will be another STS title coming out, and the buzz, and all the people trying it and spending money, then 2015 another new title release a new award, and new revenue, and by then this forum will be as dead SL forum is.

If this is the case, I would really prefer a subscription to STS games, one account that I can use for all and be able to liquidate and move my in game currency from game to game. I am getting tired of building accounts in previous titles that are sitting with items an millions on them and no new content in the forseeable future. Heck SL is sitting with an incomplete story line, a scorn part 3 that who knows if it will ever happen.

So thanks STS for the great games, at least as long as you decide to support them.

I knew i made the wrong choice using CoD as an example, that's why i said unfortunately. The point i was trying to get across was that CoD had the Modern Warfare series, and Black Ops, where they could apply major changes to the game, to give it the feel as if it is a whole new game while keeping the CoD style experience. I think that STS releases new games to introduce a new concept such as pets "hack and slash" style gameplay or major changes like the "hack and slash" gameplay or the limitation of 4 skills or the introduction of vampires because if they were applied to, for example, Pocket Legends, people might complain that Pocket Legends would be an entirely different game. Just my opinion though, i like the subscription idea.

Piosidon
03-16-2013, 11:07 PM
Reminds me of Apple and their old products...

Sent from a useless iPodtouch 2g running iOS 4.2.1

Alhuntrazeck
03-17-2013, 01:48 AM
a big ty to you, STS! four free-to-play (FTP) MMORPGS, each with optional in-game purchasing, are something that have entertained so many gamers for so many years. Thanks!