PDA

View Full Version : Skills Upgrade Ideas #discuss

Lady_Pebbles
03-15-2013, 08:57 AM
Figured some of the skills need to be tweaked and upgraded so I made this thread!

!!!NOTE!!!
While trying to copy some sections in this thread I accidentally deleted it so here are the basics lol. I lost the sectionbon Rogues but if I remember it I'll rewrite it and post it lol.

| MAGES |

- Skill Tweaks w/Reflect DMG & Leech? -
Shield has a longer CD now (30secs). However, even with the sub skill to raise the damage absorbed it still breaks easily so it needs a little something to make it more useful as a skill. Perhaps adding an ability to reflect about 5-10% -dmg- back to the opponent for 2secs would do the trick to compensate for the longer CD?

Tweak Heal a bit, the extended range isn't as useful as an ability to up their survivability rates imo. So replace the range upgrade on the skill (its initial range is wide enough) with a "leech" type of ability, where the caster will drain 2-3% of their opponent's health. Lets say its casted in the middle of a mob (pvp or pve), it would only drain a total amount of 2-3% from the entire mob not from each one individually. Maybe the caster's team mates (who are within range) can also benefit from it as well.

|WARRIORS|

- Axe Throw -
The range is long (16m) AND has a short CD (7secs) AND increases dmg on critical AND has an upgrade to pull opponents within melee range AND auto targets Mages in PvP. AND has an upgrade to stun when it hits AND has more upgrades.

Op much?! Nerf the range by half, make it so it won't auto target Mages in PvP, replace stun upgrade with snare (they got Skyward Smash for stuns!) and raise the freaken cool down.

Lady_Pebbles
03-15-2013, 08:59 AM
3-20-13 | While trying to copy a section from the thread, I accidentally deleted some of the info so had to edit it all again. X.x

3-15-13 | Fixed the OP with upgrade names replacing the names of skills I used as examples to avoid confusion. Also added the Warriors section with thoughts and ideas for Axe Throw.

hippl
03-15-2013, 10:03 AM
You suggest to buff skills that are already good. As a rogue, I want shadow storm shot buff (stun on charged attack?) other skills:
aimed shot is OP in pvp, OP in pve
razor is good in pvp and in pve
bomb is good in pve, can be good in pvp (with good team)
nox is good in pve, good pve
trap is good in pve, bad in pvp
health packs OP in pvp, bad in pve (u have pots in pve, ur team can heal you also, why do you need health packs?)
piercer is good in pvp, below good in pve
shadow storm shot - useless in pvp, below good in pve

Summary: shadow storm shot needs serious buff, aimed shot needs nerf (here I will be criticized much, since after aimed shot would be nerfed rogues bring flowers instead of death)

Lady_Pebbles
03-15-2013, 10:08 AM
Eh I think SSS is fine the way it is actually but agree AS is way OPed. Still, ya kinda missed the point... just tossing ideas out there and the placement of these Sub Skills can be a coin toss lol. I'll edit the post to let ppl know that tho.

Vystirch
03-15-2013, 10:09 AM
Summary: shadow storm shot needs serious buff, aimed shot needs nerf (here I will be criticized much, since after aimed shot would be nerfed rogues bring flowers instead of death)

Yes! Yes you will!
The rogue AS is the only single target attack skill we have, it is what makes us even slightly powerful after all these nerfs! It stacks our crit up and increases our dmg! Without that we are in the graves as you said, you might as well lay some flowers over us..... :/

-Vys

Lady_Pebbles
03-15-2013, 10:14 AM
Honestly, idc which skills get these types of upgrades but they do seem to be needed. Like I said, they're just examples of where to place them.

hippl
03-15-2013, 10:17 AM
Yes! Yes you will!
The rogue AS is the only single target attack skill we have, it is what makes us even slightly powerful after all these nerfs! It stacks our crit up and increases our dmg! Without that we are in the graves as you said, you might as well lay some flowers over us..... :/

-Vys

When one skill becomes a must to survive it means cutting in build/playstyle diversity.
Sr Vys, can you think about a build without aimed shot? How would you fight without aimed shot in pvp?

Vystirch
03-15-2013, 10:19 AM
When one skill becomes a must to survive it means cutting in build/playstyle diversity.
Sr Vys, can you think about a build without aimed shot? How would you fight without aimed shot in pvp?

I wouldn't :p

Anyway your point is valid in the sense that it narrows the diversity of builds. Instead of nerfing AS though just buff the other skills.

Lady_Pebbles
03-15-2013, 10:20 AM
Same for Mages who need either Shield or Heal. Its frustrating but thats basicly whats needed to survive in PvE elites and PvP.

FluffNStuff
03-15-2013, 10:33 AM
Having the storm shot go in the right direction would be a good start. I can't for the life of me aim it right in the middle of a battle on my iPhone.

Valsacar
03-15-2013, 10:46 AM
Same for Mages who need either Shield or Heal. Its frustrating but thats basicly whats needed to survive in PvE elites and PvP.

I have neither and see no point in having them. I have pots.

Curse needs boosts though. Even with the extra 2sec boost it doesn't last nearly long enough to have any real effect. In my tests it looked like 3, maybe 4 seconds (with the extra skill point), I'd be lucky to get off my other 3 abilities and nothing would have restored. With the long cool down on it, it's just not useful at all.

Lady_Pebbles
03-15-2013, 12:23 PM
For PvP those skills need a tweak but yeah Curse needs longer duration or something. Maybe the "leech" upgrade I mentioned would be better off suited there? If it takes the dmg and converts it into hp or reflects the dmg back at the enemy(ies). Hmmm.

Oh and Lightning could use a better % chance to hit multiple targets but don't make it hit so hard when it does. Then maybe lower the 15% more dmg upgrade to like 7-8% to make up for the difference... ? Basicly splitting the 15% dmg into the AoE & additional dmg upgrades.

Vystirch
03-15-2013, 01:57 PM
Having the storm shot go in the right direction would be a good start. I can't for the life of me aim it right in the middle of a battle on my iPhone.

Same this one skill seems to have a very bad aim to it, that is why I removed it from my skills list.

Lady_Pebbles
03-15-2013, 06:04 PM
Idk when I used SSS on my Rogue, it seemed to work fine but I didn't use it again on my builds... Cuz I ended up fancying NB over it lol. If it is a problem then yeah add some of new upgrades to it. :)

Lady_Pebbles
03-15-2013, 09:37 PM
Updated the thread.. Added Warrior section and Axe Throw ideas.

Lady_Pebbles
03-19-2013, 08:19 PM
More thoughts on these ideas please!

wawawa64
03-20-2013, 08:56 PM
IMO, Gale Force needs to be improved as well. Warrior's skyward smash and Rogue's shadow piercer are both great skills to close the distance between you and the enemies, and they also have the highest damage among their skills (except aimshot for rogue). But for Mage's Gale Force, the damage output is the weakest among the skills; also, I believe you can only hit 4 targets at most even though there are more enemies in range (this is based on my experience, have not test it to verify); plus, you need to waste a skill point just to get the speed boost.

Lifegiver also needs a boost as well. The 2 skills points that give +hp regen and +mp regen are basically useless because the amount you recover from them are so little. Range is debatable, so I would leave that as it is.

Frost and Lighting's RIP skills are both useless as well in elites and PVP because the chance that you kill somebody with those skills are rare and it's only 20%/25% chance of happening even if you kill somebody with it.

I know I am just complaining without suggesting how to fix these skills. But I think we need to be careful on boosting these skills without unbalancing the game, and it's not an easy job to do (especially if we are changing 3 or 4 skills at once).

Lady_Pebbles
03-20-2013, 11:52 PM
I understand and agree with you. Especially for Gale Force. However, I noticed in PvP and PvE Lightning doesn't AOE (its either once or none at all throughout like 5 runs in PvE.. So weird. Even with Ribbit's arcane.).

Frost is one of the best DOTs we've got and helps out a lot. I just wish it would freeze more in PvE rather than just slow down the mobs.

SkullCrusher
03-24-2013, 04:08 PM
I completely agree with you Pebbles.
Sorcerers need to be buffed just a bit and Rogue's AS needs to be nerfed a bit.
and Lightning should be an AOE skill, not 1 target.

Lady_Pebbles
03-24-2013, 07:16 PM
Im not sure if the Aimed Shot skill should be nerfed or their overall crits should be nerfed. At this point seems their overall crits should be nerfed...

Yeah Lightning's AOE should actually happen more often rather than the very low amount it actually does. When you compare Lighning to Aimed Shot, they are both a lot alike. Difference is, Aimed Shot crits more and Lightning doesn't AOE as much as it says it should. 25% chance is more like a 5% chance (pfft probably less) on Lightning.

Lady_Pebbles
04-30-2013, 10:24 PM
Still* think these are good ideas. >__<