PDA

View Full Version : What's a good bow/archer build?

earhole
03-15-2013, 10:20 AM
Got a level 15 rogue and want to test out a good bow build. Any recommendations besides aim shot, noxious shot? Thanks

FluffNStuff
03-15-2013, 10:29 AM
I am pure bow, and use the standard Veil, Trap, Razor and Aim Shot. Charge the veil to set up the area, drop traps (takes practice to get right) put on the Razor Shield for the dodge buff and then snipe the mages.

earhole
03-15-2013, 10:40 AM
Is it worth it to replace razor with shadow storm shot?

GoodSyntax
03-15-2013, 10:56 AM
NO! SSS is at best a PvE skill. It has limited value in PvP and the damage is not good enough to spend your limited skill points on.

earhole
03-15-2013, 11:00 AM
Sorry, didn't clarify earlier, but I'm thinking of mostly using this archer on PVE and not PVP. Thanks

Limsi
03-15-2013, 11:44 AM
Aimed, nox, razor, veil

Aimed, nox, shadow pierce, veil

Crabmeat
03-15-2013, 06:05 PM
Good ARCHER build:

PVP - Aimed shot, nox, med packs, then pump up your passives (agility, knowledge, crit).
PVE - Aimed shot, nox, shadow veil.

MrFoster
03-18-2013, 03:37 AM
Good ARCHER build:

PVP - Aimed shot, nox, med packs, then pump up your passives (agility, knowledge, crit).
PVE - Aimed shot, nox, shadow veil.

If only 3 skills then you can add 1 point into pierce to move farster.

JaytB
03-18-2013, 03:53 AM
Aimed, nox, razor, veil

Aimed, nox, shadow pierce, veil

I think your first build is one of the best ones to go with, I've been using it in Elite runs and it's both good for mob killing and boss kills.

I do miss zipping around quick though so was thinking of going with your second build for some time now. I've been testing it and it's probably the one I'll end up with.

An alternative build that worked out too was: AS, trap, veil, razor. I do miss nox for boss kills though.

I must've respecced about 50+ times during the weekend, too many good skills to choose from. It makes my head hurt :)

MrFoster
03-18-2013, 04:35 AM
I think your first build is one of the best ones to go with, I've been using it in Elite runs and it's both good for mob killing and boss kills.

I do miss zipping around quick though so was thinking of going with your second build for some time now. I've been testing it and it's probably the one I'll end up with.

An alternative build that worked out too was: AS, trap, veil, razor. I do miss nox for boss kills though.

I must've respecced about 50+ times during the weekend, too many good skills to choose from. It makes my head hurt :)

How about aim, razor, veil, trap and sacrifice one point to 5th skill pierce. Just to have it if you need :D (My pve build before i switched to pvp/pve build)

Crabmeat
03-18-2013, 06:54 AM
I've finalized my bow build after countless resets. It's a hybrid single target/aoe build and works great for me in PVE/PVP.

Passive: 5 agility, 5 knowledge.
Active: Aimed (5), Nox(3/5, 6m + dmg impact 15%), SS (4/5 exclude shadow focus), Med Pack 3/5 (Effective + self heal)

MrFoster
03-18-2013, 07:41 AM
And where aoe? SSS? Best aoe skills rogue have are traps and razor. ;)

Crabmeat
03-18-2013, 07:54 AM
Razor if you're a dagger roque, not archer. SSS + Charged Nox for Aoe. It's a hybrid PVP/PVE build so i purposely left out trap.

MakadeMakva
03-18-2013, 08:13 AM
I've finalized my bow build after countless resets. It's a hybrid single target/aoe build and works great for me in PVE/PVP.

Passive: 5 agility, 5 knowledge.
Active: Aimed (5), Nox(3/5, 6m + dmg impact 15%), SS (4/5 exclude shadow focus), Med Pack 3/5 (Effective + self heal)

how about farming on elite maps?

Crabmeat
03-18-2013, 08:20 AM
I have med packs, pots, good dodge, good HP, decent armor, and most importantly i have a tank for elites. Stop messing up you role.

Mirtishius
03-18-2013, 09:23 AM
I do not consider myswelf a pure archer, but mostly use bow for elite and regular boss fights, so this is quite relevant. Quite sattisfied with the build below and decided to stick with it. It's a single-target orientied build, but meant to play in party.
NOTE:
it's not a "top of the mind" or "the most effective" build by any means, but quite fun and entertaining to play, even with very mediocre gear at lvl25, and thats the most important thing for me.
I wish I had a better gear and pet to test, suppose those would add quite a bit to the effectiveness.

Points distribution into basic stats:
Full dex
5 dex passive
3 int passive

Skills:
AS 5/5 (self explanatory; primary mean to take out single primary targets in PVE - mobs that do ranged damage. Also the mean to unload a ****load of damage on bosses, in rotation with NOX and single shots)
NOX 4/5 (+10% poison dmg; +3s duration; +15% impact dmg. Boss killer)
Veil 4/5 (explosion excluded. Mostly used as a party buff - plant it near tanks and bail out to the border of the smoke, away from direct hits, let warriors and mages hadle the horde)
Shadow Piercer 3/5 (75% chance return 10% of damage done as HP; 3 targets. "Last chance" and yes, primary defensive skill in pve, lightning fast and classy way to finish off the remaints of the horde, especially the spreaded ones with ranged damage, and/or to get 300-500 HP back and prolong your existence in a really nasty situations. But if you go anything below these +3 then yes, its useless)

Unequipped stats lvl25 (no gear, no pet):
Strenght: 16
Health: 947
Dexterity: 189
Bonus dmg: 194%
Dodge: 15.18%
Critical: 6.01%
Damage: 15.2
Intelligence: 19
Mana: 315
DPS: 18.2
Armor: 0

Equipped stats lvl25, with a bow, without any pet (Devil's Tail of Brutality, Red beard's Cap of Tactics, Shipmaster's Doublet of Stability and some poor jewerly)
Strenght: 41
Health: 1781
Dexterity: 327
Bonus dmg: 264%
Dodge: 27.87%
Critical: 12.08%
Damage: 173.2
Intelligence: 53
Mana: 655
DPS: 207.8
Armor: 761

Ryuushadow
03-19-2013, 07:53 PM
Well if you want to be using a good archer build I usually stick to using all the long range skills, Also use razor shield! It is very helpful at times.

Vystirch
03-20-2013, 02:08 PM
I use bow and blades for the same build: trap/AS/Razor/veil.

I do miss zipping around, but don't forget your friend Shiloh.

Janifae
03-20-2013, 03:46 PM
How do you like the Trap skill? I could never get the hang of it.

For the Archer build; I use the 3 arrow skills plus Razor Shield as well. I wish we could have more than four active skills because I would love to have Smoke in my rotation.

Limsi
03-20-2013, 09:19 PM

It took me the whole weekend (Re-spec period) to adapt to the first build. I had to sacrifice shadow pierce for the nox but it turned out to be easy and reliable for me to use, i guess shadow pierce went to my build's list in the first place because I want to dash around quickly. I hope you find and be settled with "a near-perfect" build. Goodluck!

JaytB
03-20-2013, 11:43 PM
It took me the whole weekend (Re-spec period) to adapt to the first build. I had to sacrifice shadow pierce for the nox but it turned out to be easy and reliable for me to use, i guess shadow pierce went to my build's list in the first place because I want to dash around quickly. I hope you find and be settled with "a near-perfect" build. Goodluck!

I went with the SP, AS, Nox, Veil skills... For now. It's a versatile build that is also quick for non-elite farming. Good elite groups are so hard to find. Half of them are undergeared or bail out halfway through :/

I think I'll go with the same build as you currently use once I get to know more 'reliable' elite farmers.

Anyway, the input is much appreciated.