PDA

View Full Version : mana drain for rogues

Thegrimreaper
03-15-2013, 02:03 PM
i have noticed that after the lvl cap raise and krakken isles my mana just gets drained so fast, why does everything suck so much more mana than before, i understand the lvl change and the affected skills being higher require more mana, but i have around 1k mana as opposed to 600 before patch, when i use 3 bow skills im fully drained, before update i could do around 6-7 bow skills before i was out of mana, i think the cost of the skills with mana has gone a little to high, this is not to create a battle between classes, or a flamepost, so plz dont bother arguing on this post, its purely to make aware that rogue skills are way more costly than last cap

Rollo
03-15-2013, 02:05 PM
i have noticed that after the lvl cap raise and krakken isles my mana just gets drained so fast, why does everything suck so much more mana than before, i understand the lvl change and the affected skills being higher require more mana, but i have around 1k mana as opposed to 600 before patch, when i use 3 bow skills im fully drained, before update i could do around 6-7 bow skills before i was out of mana, i think the cost of the skills with mana has gone a little to high, this is not to create a battle between classes, or a flamepost, so plz dont bother arguing on this post, its purely to make aware that rogue skills are way more costly than last cap

Even after the int buff they just gave you guys?

Thegrimreaper
03-15-2013, 02:08 PM
yes the int buff has nothing to do with the mana cost as far as i know, its purely dmg as a bonus, but i always have had int maxed on passives so it would matter

Vystirch
03-15-2013, 02:14 PM
Rogues have always ran out of mana in a second.... We have high skill costs and low mana counts. Even with almost 1k mana on my rogue it's about 3 skills and I'm out....

-Vys

Thegrimreaper
03-15-2013, 02:20 PM
see and it wasnt like this before the update

Samhayne
03-15-2013, 02:57 PM
Rogues have always ran out of mana in a second.... We have high skill costs and low mana counts. Even with almost 1k mana on my rogue it's about 3 skills and I'm out....

-Vys

If you're gonna run around with like 5 INT then yeah, expect to run out after a few skills.

FluffNStuff
03-15-2013, 03:00 PM
If you're gonna run around with like 5 INT then yeah, expect to run out after a few skills.

But at least they'll hurt :)

Thegrimreaper
03-15-2013, 03:02 PM

i have 5 int in passive....so its like 25, before the update it was a great bonus but now its ehhh

Vystirch
03-15-2013, 03:09 PM

I have almost 1k mana.... It still drains super fast Sam........

Thegrimreaper
03-15-2013, 03:11 PM
full int passive and 20 int from malison, was more than enough before update, now its crap lol

Zuzeq
03-15-2013, 03:18 PM
Have to agree with you Grim. Kinda wack when you have to call a "Time Out" to drink pots with an Elite Mob on your heels.

JaytB
03-15-2013, 03:29 PM
I do agree that, even with 5/5 knowledge, a rogue runs of mana terribly quick. The only thing the update did was make it more worthwhile to put those points into knowledge (Dmg increase also).

If your rogue is specced for Dmg dealing (as it should be for elite runs IMO), then it's by far the most mana-pot heavy class out there.

I don't see why rogues couldn't get an upgrade on some skills to allow them to regain mana when attacking enemies. You know, just like warriors got after all the complaining about high mana usage and refusing to use mana pots.

If you'd, objectively, look at pot usage, rogues are by far the highest cost per run characters in game. I don't want to say rogues should get a huge boost, but the current mana consumption doesn't make it fair compared to either classes.

STS posted that they changed the mana consumption on warriors recently because it wasn't fair they never ran out of mana, and I think that was a good decision. The way I see it, it's just the same for rogues, only the other way around. I don't see how it's fair that they run out of mana all the time.

And yeah, I play all 3 classes so have a very good understanding of the mana usage in top gear on each of them.

Deadbite
03-15-2013, 03:41 PM

-Vys

But it's not possible to have only 5 int? Or is it??

Vystirch
03-15-2013, 03:45 PM
But it's not possible to have only 5 int? Or is it??

He's just exaggerating.......

JaytB
03-15-2013, 03:46 PM

Sorry for the double post, but Sam I can show you in game if you'd like me to. My build for rogue is focused around single target Dmg for quick boss kills. It's as Swede said in another post, leave the AOE Dmg to the Sorcerers. I use 5/5 knowledge for the extra Dmg and mana boost (almost 1000 mana).

You should check out an elite run (in a group that's focussed on killing fast), and just watch that mana bar dropping down to zero in a matter of seconds. The health pot usage got a bit better now that tanks can hold agro, but you'll still need a lot of those too.

So yeah, as stated in my previous post, wouldn't it be fair for rogues to have a possibility to regain some mana too? And please don't tell me they should rely on a sorcerer with heal, because heal is pretty worthless on a sorcerer if you try and farm as fast and effectively as possible in a group.

If it would be unfair for PvP, just make it work in PvE only.

Uzii
03-15-2013, 04:12 PM
Well when most skills cost from 77-95 mana (only trap veil and heal 59) it drains realy fast. I noticed its faster after the update.

and im experimenting with hybrid int/dex build also...

But i consider mana pots as 6th skill already.. after rotation of skills i always press pots just not to run out off mana when i need it.

JaytB
03-15-2013, 04:22 PM
But i consider mana pots as 6th skill already.. after rotation of skills i always press pots just not to run out off mana when i need it.

Haha, I do exactly the same.

Raxin
03-15-2013, 04:35 PM
U rogues just need a rapid fire controller with mana pot button locked :-)
on a more serious note u r lucky to use 3 skills and then potion. As a war its something like this
Skill >> skill >>> hp pot >>> hp pot >>>>> hp pot >>>«hp pot>>> skill >>> hp pot >>> hp pot >>>> skill >>>> lag from super.ping i call it 10k+ >>>> dead

Beanerboi
03-15-2013, 10:19 PM
I build half dex and half int and i only lose 30 dps and I rarely use mana pots now

Vystirch
03-15-2013, 10:48 PM
I build half dex and half int and i only lose 30 dps and I rarely use mana pots now

I don't care about dps how much dmg so you have without a pet?

Noobiam
03-16-2013, 12:03 AM
yeah mana drains faster now after the update..

blakadder
03-16-2013, 08:44 AM
nonsense... i have over 1.2 k mana on my pve nad pvp builds. for pve i pot mana less tha before the int boost. in pvp i have enough for 2 kills. you have the mana cross to replenish or a mage or a smart warrior with vb.
so much fuss about nothing.

Beanerboi
03-16-2013, 04:21 PM
I don't care about dps how much dmg so you have without a pet? i lost like 9 damage

FluffNStuff
03-16-2013, 07:41 PM
Sacrificing dex for int is a losing proposal and will get exponentially worse with each level cap. If you pve, get used to pots, and for PVP, well that I don't know, but figure it out now before it becomes necessary.

Vystirch
03-17-2013, 12:26 AM
i lost like 9 damage

No worth it what-so-ever then.

Sacrificing dex for int is a losing proposal and will get exponentially worse with each level cap. If you pve, get used to pots, and for PVP, well that I don't know, but figure it out now before it becomes necessary.

Yep.

Thegrimreaper
03-17-2013, 01:32 AM
Here's what I figured is the best so far...full dex...full dex, int and str passive that leaves 11 points for 26s and 10 for 25s to play with skills, 4 for sure into aimed tho so 6 or 7 to do what you want with

Sent from my SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2

Alhuntrazeck
03-17-2013, 07:55 AM
idk if its been posted bfore here on this thread, but imo they made it like this so teamplay increases. Mages can mana heal you guys and deal some serious aoe.

warbluefish
03-17-2013, 10:10 AM
Not that many mages use mana heal in pve. it heals 10% mana for them self. not worth to use a skill slot with just 2 skill points on it. Warriors new vb is much better in pve for mana heal and health heal for the whole party. Mage still good on crowd control but warriors r much superior on support those days.

azbestwarior
03-17-2013, 12:46 PM
Plase who cen hellp me build rogue for max dmg end dps im hv 25 lvl.Thenks :)

Theholyangel
03-17-2013, 12:59 PM
U rogues just need a rapid fire controller with mana pot button locked :-)
on a more serious note u r lucky to use 3 skills and then potion. As a war its something like this
Skill >> skill >>> hp pot >>> hp pot >>>>> hp pot >>>«hp pot>>> skill >>> hp pot >>> hp pot >>>> skill >>>> lag from super.ping i call it 10k+ >>>> dead

Hahahaha thats so true

MrFoster
03-18-2013, 03:15 AM
Plase who cen hellp me build rogue for max dmg end dps im hv 25 lvl.Thenks :)

Max dex, max dex passive, max int passive. And malison