PDA

View Full Version : Just made Elite Southern Seas 2:40

Avshow
03-15-2013, 03:13 PM
still cannot break the records before alp nerfed update.

Mysticaleagle
03-15-2013, 03:15 PM
What's this thread supposed to mean? (I don't get it)

Btw, welcome back.

Avshow
03-15-2013, 03:18 PM
maybe reset record? not funny now

Mysticaleagle
03-15-2013, 03:19 PM
maybe reset record? no funny now

Oh, agreed.

I understand that StS should reset time runs.
It seems completely normal to me.

Vystirch
03-15-2013, 03:20 PM
The records are unbeatable unless you have hooks because of the ALP nerf.

So he would like records reset.

Mysticaleagle
03-15-2013, 03:21 PM
The records are unbeatable unless you have hooks because of the ALP nerf.

So he would like records reset.

I know. :)

Well, I don't even know why StS didn't look into it.

Vystirch
03-15-2013, 03:25 PM
I know. :)

Well, I don't even know why StS didn't look into it.

It's our job to tell them :p

Avshow
03-15-2013, 03:27 PM
Oh, agreed.

I understand that StS should reset time runs.
It seems completely normal to me.

but STS made the HOOK too nice that not everyone can afford it, and too much advantages compare with other weapons.

As a result, only the ones who can afford this weapon have the chance of records

It is not like S2 Strategy > singer player and gears, I still think STS should make the strategy more important than gears in records runs

Mysticaleagle
03-15-2013, 03:31 PM
but STS made the HOOK too nice that not everyone can afford it, and too much advantages compare with other weapons.

As a result, only the ones who can afford this weapon have the chance of records

It is not like S2 Strategy > singer player and gears, I still think STS should make the strategy more important than gears in records runs

True, I did solo Hauntlet pure, in about 1 minute. (was 59s 400 something) :P

Avshow
03-15-2013, 03:32 PM
best solution is make hook less rare or make some new weapon which does not lose too much to Hook

Mysticaleagle
03-15-2013, 03:33 PM
best solution is make hook less rare or make some new weapon which does not lose too much to Hook

I wish, but you know it won't happen.

Avshow
03-15-2013, 03:34 PM
we know 4 hook can beat 4 alp25 before nerfed... so maybe not necessary to reset record....

Carapace
03-15-2013, 04:08 PM

The Hooks are incredibly rare

Mysticaleagle
03-15-2013, 04:12 PM
The Hooks are incredibly rare

We know that..

How about reseting the records time runs? Which seems completely fair?

Samhayne
03-15-2013, 04:17 PM
We know that..

How about reseting the records time runs? Which seems completely fair?

They will be reset with the next season!

blasterzone
03-15-2013, 04:57 PM

Would you mind addressing everyones issue here. Since the changes to alp the previous records are out of reach for anybody besides people with the hooks.

Mysticaleagle is even requesting it. He is one of the few players with hooks and also he is all over the leaderboards.

Its like you didn't even read the other posts or just don't care.

Samhayne
03-15-2013, 04:59 PM
Would you mind addressing everyones issue here. Since the changes to alp the previous records are out of reach for anybody besides people with the hooks.

Mysticaleagle is even requesting it. He is one of the few players with hooks and also he is all over the leaderboards.

Its like you didn't even read the other posts or just don't care.

We've discussed resetting more leaderboards, but I don't think there is consensus to do it. Whether or not the current times can be beat remains to be seen.

This is exactly why we set up the leaderboards in seasons that reset.

wlsgh15
03-16-2013, 06:41 AM
I agreed with dev for this one cuz if lb reset then what's the advantages for current users who made this ? they all tried best to beat for time attack or pvp or etc.. they farmed more than other users n they played a lot. I've been play al for almost 5-6months..

Mysticaleagle
03-16-2013, 07:02 AM

Yeah, but for now it's a bit messed up. There's records made with the ALPs that are now nerfed.
To beat these records, you need hooks or so. That's nonsense?

Snalin
03-16-2013, 07:20 AM
Wasn't the LB times reset already once in this season when they made elite mobs harder for craken?
So isn't this case the same?

Mysticaleagle
03-16-2013, 07:28 AM
Wasn't the LB times reset already once in this season when they made elite mobs harder for craken?
So isn't this case the same?

I was aslo thinking about that.
What i'm thinking with the fact that they're not reseting them, is to push some of us who goes for time runs, to get hooks and mythic helmets.

Conclusion, another method for more platinum purchases.

Just a thought, cause that's how I see it.

Samhayne
03-16-2013, 08:24 AM
The only reset we have done for the current season is to reset #4 because that boss was incorrectly set to spawn when the zone loaded, rather than after an amount of mobs were defeated. It was clear that no one, after the change, could have beat the previous times.

Mysticaleagle
03-16-2013, 08:26 AM
The only reset we have done for the current season is to reset #4 because that boss was incorrectly set to spawn when the zone loaded, rather than after an amount of mobs were defeated. It was clear that no one, after the change, could have beat the previous times.

Yes, but it seems fair to reset the time runs because of the ALP nerf. People without Nefarious Hooks or Mythic Helmet won't be able to beat them. That's how I see it, and I think that's how it is.

I may be wrong, though. Sam, I luv you. O.o

blakadder
03-16-2013, 09:15 AM
you do realise everyone had the chance to go for the records before the alp nerf, right?

Snalin
03-16-2013, 09:18 AM
and you also realize that the current lb times are 99.9% unbeatable

not that I care but assuming it's 1 season per lvl cap, the records have already been set in stone

hippl
03-16-2013, 09:23 AM
you do realise everyone had the chance to go for the records before the alp nerf, right?

Those who start playing now or will try to beat records next month - it's still same season - have no chance to beat the records. Give folks a chance

blakadder
03-16-2013, 09:33 AM
whos to say they could beat the records even if alps were still available? i may sound selfish here as a records holder but i dont care. everyone will have the chance in the next season. also you have threei new maps to make records for. its even playing field on those
@snalin yes i am aware thats why my team worked hard on setting them

hippl
03-16-2013, 09:41 AM
whos to say they could beat the records even if alps were still available? i may sound selfish here as a records holder but i dont care. everyone will have the chance in the next season. also you have threei new maps to make records for. its even playing field on those

You don't sound selfish. You sound like you scary for challenge. Because Av/Cs team or some other with proper items can clear all your records out. If it's not the case, you will be glad to try new strategies and meet new challengers.

Mysticaleagle
03-16-2013, 09:56 AM

I'm a record holder too, but like you said, you do sound selfish.
They are nearly unbeatable if you don't own hooks or mythic helmets.
People had time before nerf? Lol, you sure you know what a time run is?
If you're a record holder, you should know it doesn't take few hours for them.
It takes WEEKS of work, and strategy to do these, so no we did not have 'time'.

blakadder
03-16-2013, 09:57 AM
i applaud and congratulate av's team for the tough competition with mine. they put in the work and the competition was thrilling and motivating.
as for the others, you still hqve the last 3 maps to earn your records banner. you can have only one anyway.
and yes i am scared of a challenge, thanks for noticing

Mysticaleagle
03-16-2013, 10:00 AM
i applaud and congratulate av's team for the tough competition with mine. they put in the work and the competition was thrilling and motivating.
as for the others, you still hqve the last 3 maps to earn your records banner. you can have only one anyway.
and yes i am scared of a challenge, thanks for noticing

Don't worry, records will be taken.

blakadder
03-16-2013, 10:00 AM
I'm a record holder too, but like you said, you do sound selfish.
They are nearly unbeatable if you don't own hooks or mythic helmets.
People had time before nerf? Lol, you sure you know what a time run is?
If you're a record holder, you should know it doesn't take few hours for them.
It takes WEEKS of work, and strategy to do these, so no we did not have 'time'.

actually we did most records in an hour or two.. if you think it takes weeks then thats just enough time till the lb resets next season

Mysticaleagle
03-16-2013, 10:02 AM
actually we did most records in an hour or two.. if you think it takes weeks then thats just enough time till the lb resets next season

Sure you did some records in some hours. So did we. But that's just temporary ones.
To lock a time run, make it unbeatable, it needs hard work, strategy and everything needed to do so.

Hm, not sure you're familiar with time runs, mate.

Anyways, let the challenge begin.

hippl
03-16-2013, 10:16 AM

If to look for time runs LB from previous seasons, they are constantly improving during whole season, team by team, that's the spirit of making it to LB and making it fun.
I am not a time runner, failed in season 1. But every time I ran with a team I knew it was possible to beat and only seconds/milliseconds divided me from records. Now it's only first month of the season and it's not fun to compete for those who want it.

I am not going for banners since season 1 and I know these records can be/will be beaten later with hooks, just now there are no marks to compare your runs with.

csyui
03-16-2013, 10:26 AM
This is a dilemma for all of us.
If record reset, ppl with arcane and mystic items have great advantage to get their name on LB, which turns game into a plat contest.
If not, I think it pretty hard for a team to beat those time records set before lifethief weapon got nerfed. Unless all members in the team have arcane and mystic item, which turns game into a plat contest as well.

(The only solution I can see is probably nerf the arcane and mystic a bit. They can have better stat than legendary items, but not that overpowered. Then reset the time record. So everyone has the chance to play for record even if they cant afford those expensive items.)

hippl
03-16-2013, 10:35 AM
This is a dilemma for all of us.
If record reset, ppl with arcane and mystic items have great advantage to get their name on LB, which turns game into a plat contest.
If not, I think it pretty hard for a team to beat those time records set before lifethief weapon got nerfed. Unless all members in the team have arcane and mystic item, which turns game into a plat contest as well.

(The only solution I can see is probably nerf the arcane and mystic a bit. They can have better stat than legendary items, but not that overpowered. Then reset the time record. So everyone has the chance to play for record even if they cant afford those expensive items.)

This!
Best team wins anyway (blak team, cs, or mystic, or other), it doesn't really matter who wins. Give us the fair possibility to compete till the last minute of the season. For plat users there were already Top players and Enhanced runs leaderboards, now Pure runs also incredibly rely on who is rich instead skills.

blakadder
03-16-2013, 10:45 AM
very well put csyui and hippl, i couldnt agree more. that was actually the primary motivation for setting the records early cause i for sure am not spending real cash to try to get the hooks for setting the records

drgrimmy
03-16-2013, 11:05 AM
It is the same issue that occurred during season one with changes in the timer start and tomb
runs. The timer originally started with the first enemy killed and changed to starting upon first
acquiring aggro from the enemy. This essentially made lb times unbeatable as people set the
lb times by gathering huge mobs from large portions of the map and killing them fast to make
the boss spawn in a matter of seconds after the timer started. This was no longer possible with
the timer starting as soon as you gained aggro instead of when you made your first kill. There
was much contentious debate about this in the forums, and the developers eventually decided
to revert the timer start to how it was before the update.

This seems like an analogous situation with an update making leaderboard times potentially unbeatable.
I am not trying to minimize anyone's hard work or current excellent times, but current leaderboard
holders would be foolish to assume that the times they set now would not have been beaten later in the
season. Many people have not even been trying to set records yet this season. Again this is not to minimize
the hard work of anyone that is currently on the leaderboards, as there is no doubt that the current
leaderboard holders would likely have been setting some of these new records too as they refined
their methods. I am much aware of how touchy a subject this is, as back in season 1, when mages could
still compete for times, I held many of the records at the time of the update which made my times
unbeatable. Many people criticized me and my teammates calling us cheaters and saying that we did
not deserve our leaderboard times. I guess we proved them wrong by improving our times and staying
on the leaderboards after the update was reverted and the times could again be beaten :) Anyways,
the point is that the current leaderboard times would have been beaten later in the season if the ALP
was not nerfed as more people would start competing for times and refining their techniques. With the
current update it remains to be seen if it is still possible to beat the times on the leaderboard, although
I too think this will be a very tall order.

Anyways, players and developers, please keep an open mind about this. If in fact there are no changes in
leaderboard times over the next couple of weeks, I think the developers may have to do something to make
the leaderboards more fair. If it indeed turns out that a team of players with hooks gets together and
dominates the leaderboards, well good for them, and I will definitely be jealous.

Avshow
03-16-2013, 04:05 PM
I can tell you it is 100%percent that the records of hauntlet and crypty will be easily beaten by 4 hooks.
However what need to be tested is whether elite records will be beaten by hooks , this is hard to say.

As an experienced speed runner, I can tell you some reason about this.

For example, alf before nerf is a weapon with 50% chance dmg on 1, 50%chance dmg on 10.
hook is a weapon always dealing 4 damage.

then the hp for mops in hauntlet and crypt is 2, so obviously ,hooks are better, coz one hit kill.
but the hp for mops in Elite maps are much more than 2, you have to kill a mops by several hit, so if our assumption is right, alf before nerfed is still better than hook.

This is just a easy example, you know what i mean

Avshow
03-16-2013, 04:07 PM
and you also realize that the current lb times are 99.9% unbeatable

not that I care but assuming it's 1 season per lvl cap, the records have already been set in stone

if you have hooks ,can easily beat hauntlet and crypt, but hard to say in elite

Avshow
03-16-2013, 04:16 PM
It is the same issue that occurred during season one with changes in the timer start and tomb
runs. The timer originally started with the first enemy killed and changed to starting upon first
acquiring aggro from the enemy. This essentially made lb times unbeatable as people set the
lb times by gathering huge mobs from large portions of the map and killing them fast to make
the boss spawn in a matter of seconds after the timer started. This was no longer possible with
the timer starting as soon as you gained aggro instead of when you made your first kill. There
was much contentious debate about this in the forums, and the developers eventually decided
to revert the timer start to how it was before the update.

This seems like an analogous situation with an update making leaderboard times potentially unbeatable.
I am not trying to minimize anyone's hard work or current excellent times, but current leaderboard
holders would be foolish to assume that the times they set now would not have been beaten later in the
season. Many people have not even been trying to set records yet this season. Again this is not to minimize
the hard work of anyone that is currently on the leaderboards, as there is no doubt that the current
leaderboard holders would likely have been setting some of these new records too as they refined
their methods. I am much aware of how touchy a subject this is, as back in season 1, when mages could
still compete for times, I held many of the records at the time of the update which made my times
unbeatable. Many people criticized me and my teammates calling us cheaters and saying that we did
not deserve our leaderboard times. I guess we proved them wrong by improving our times and staying
on the leaderboards after the update was reverted and the times could again be beaten :) Anyways,
the point is that the current leaderboard times would have been beaten later in the season if the ALP
was not nerfed as more people would start competing for times and refining their techniques. With the
current update it remains to be seen if it is still possible to beat the times on the leaderboard, although
I too think this will be a very tall order.

Anyways, players and developers, please keep an open mind about this. If in fact there are no changes in
leaderboard times over the next couple of weeks, I think the developers may have to do something to make
the leaderboards more fair. If it indeed turns out that a team of players with hooks gets together and
dominates the leaderboards, well good for them, and I will definitely be jealous.

partly agree,partly disagree,.......nochanges in lb just becoz we are poor, cannot afford hooks,also, i think STS should make the equivilant weapon for each classes.

drgrimmy
03-16-2013, 07:39 PM
Don't get me wrong, I at this point do not think that the changes are very fair, but I think we all got to keep an open mind and see how things play out. I guess my perspective is a little different as I completely gave up on timed runs over a season ago when it became clear that only teams of rogues could make the leaderboard. This is partially my own fault and my own stuborness for not adapting and changing classes at the time. So in one sense, this all is not as important to me as it is to you. After all, what do I care if it is a team of four rogues with ALPs or a team of four rogues with hooks that dominate the leaderboards?

Anyways, I digress, but my main point is that changes in the ALP has not been the only game changer when it comes to the leaderboards. On example was the change in the timers in the tombs. Now you no longer need a good warrior to gather large mobs before the timer starts for quick killing. Another, I think more serious mistatke STS made in regards to the timed leaderboards was giving mages and rogues HP for pointing stat points into INT and DEX. I know this was needed to make overall gameplay easier for mages and rogues, but it allowed rogues to put all of their stat points into DEX and still not need a good warrior to aggro the mobs.

Perhaps a compromise can be made in regards to the ALP? Perhaps the ALP can be nerfed for PvP, but can be kept as it was before the update in PvE until season 3 is over? STS would then have a clean slate at the begining of Season 4 to make any chages to the ALP. This would be similar to the compromise made regarding the timers in Season 1. I think this would be the most fair decision for both those that are already on the leaderboards and those that aspire to be on the leaderboard. This of course does not address the issue of the hooks, but it remains to be seen how much of a game changer these will be in regards to the leaderboard times.

Avshow
03-16-2013, 10:35 PM
Don't get me wrong, I at this point do not think that the changes are very fair, but I think we all got to keep an open mind and see how things play out. I guess my perspective is a little different as I completely gave up on timed runs over a season ago when it became clear that only teams of rogues could make the leaderboard. This is partially my own fault and my own stuborness for not adapting and changing classes at the time. So in one sense, this all is not as important to me as it is to you. After all, what do I care if it is a team of four rogues with ALPs or a team of four rogues with hooks that dominate the leaderboards?

Anyways, I digress, but my main point is that changes in the ALP has not been the only game changer when it comes to the leaderboards. On example was the change in the timers in the tombs. Now you no longer need a good warrior to gather large mobs before the timer starts for quick killing. Another, I think more serious mistatke STS made in regards to the timed leaderboards was giving mages and rogues HP for pointing stat points into INT and DEX. I know this was needed to make overall gameplay easier for mages and rogues, but it allowed rogues to put all of their stat points into DEX and still not need a good warrior to aggro the mobs.

Perhaps a compromise can be made in regards to the ALP? Perhaps the ALP can be nerfed for PvP, but can be kept as it was before the update in PvE until season 3 is over? STS would then have a clean slate at the begining of Season 4 to make any chages to the ALP. This would be similar to the compromise made regarding the timers in Season 1. I think this would be the most fair decision for both those that are already on the leaderboards and those that aspire to be on the leaderboard. This of course does not address the issue of the hooks, but it remains to be seen how much of a game changer these will be in regards to the leaderboard times.

yes,keep the alp stats is most fair way , but I guess this wont happen.....

blakadder
03-17-2013, 04:59 AM
personally i would also love if they did that but it certainly will not happen

Faliziaga
03-18-2013, 02:53 AM
Rogues' extra something

Bootydots
03-18-2013, 02:40 PM
such a joke... finally us mages can get in on timed runs because of alp nerf, and now we r stuck with the fact only 4 rogues with hooks have the chance to beat the current records.

jtst
03-18-2013, 03:01 PM
such a joke... finally us mages can get in on timed runs because of alp nerf, and now we r stuck with the fact only 4 rogues with hooks have the chance to beat the current records.

As a rogue, I find it funny too :)
There is a reason for this in AL - fail class roles.
If tanks would made to be very heavy and the only class that could take damage from elite mobs crowd - 1 tank would be required in each elite run. It's almost true now at kraken elite.
If mages could deal much more aoe damage than every other class, at least one mage would be required to kill mobs crowd.
If rogues would be glass cannons that deal twice single target damage as any other class, but easy die without tank taking damage and mage stunning mobs, it would be class that required to finish boss fast.

Flaws of such roles: 4rogues or 4mages can whine that they can't do elite without tank (though that would be great), and warriors whining that they nor die neither get kills in pvp (now they don't die but get kills lolz)
Flaws of current roles: speed runs belongs to rogues, team pvp belongs to warriors, frustration belongs to mages.

drgrimmy
03-18-2013, 05:26 PM
As a rogue, I find it funny too :)
There is a reason for this in AL - fail class roles.
If tanks would made to be very heavy and the only class that could take damage from elite mobs crowd - 1 tank would be required in each elite run. It's almost true now at kraken elite.
If mages could deal much more aoe damage than every other class, at least one mage would be required to kill mobs crowd.
If rogues would be glass cannons that deal twice single target damage as any other class, but easy die without tank taking damage and mage stunning mobs, it would be class that required to finish boss fast.

Flaws of such roles: 4rogues or 4mages can whine that they can't do elite without tank (though that would be great), and warriors whining that they nor die neither get kills in pvp (now they don't die but get kills lolz)
Flaws of current roles: speed runs belongs to rogues, team pvp belongs to warriors, frustration belongs to mages.

This actually pretty much how it was in season 1 before the health was given to you for putting stat points in INT and DEX. Mages and rogues that were full INT or DEX could not possibly do elite maps without a warrior. Most of the leaderboard times were from teams consisting of a good warrior with a mix of mages and rogues. Unfortunately this made it very difficult for the majority of players to play a mage or rogue without putting a significant number of stat points into STR. This of course would have also been unacceptable for PvP. Warriors would have had an obvious advantage getting both increases in damage and health from putting all of their stat points in STR. This was therefore changed by STS at the begining of season 2.

I have always felt that the key to the imbalance issues in AL is due to how it allocates health, crit, dodge, damage, skill damage and mana based on only three parameters: STR, INT and DEX. At the very least if there was a fourth stat, CON or constitution which increased your health without STR, INT, DEX contributing to health, then all classes would have to choose if they wanted a more offensive glass cannon build or a more defensive build. As it is now rogues and even mages mages can put all of there stat points in dex and int respectively and still be able to tank elite levels. I think even more stats would be even better (eg separating out damage from skill damage or crit from dodge) and would lead to more diversity and specialization, but of course none of this will ever happen...

wowdah
03-18-2013, 05:30 PM
Hooks can beat all... And btw I gotta agree with avshow completely on this :/

hippl
03-22-2013, 05:20 AM
One more week passed - no new record, no sense to even try for gamers without hooks. Leaderboard should be changed to Platboard

Mysticaleagle
03-22-2013, 05:26 AM
One more week passed - no new record, no sense to even try for gamers without hooks. Leaderboard should be changed to Platboard

PLATBOARDS yep! AGREED!