PDA

View Full Version : Plat to open a crate?

FluffNStuff
03-15-2013, 03:47 PM
Sorry, I am quite a bit behind the curve right now, and I am sure this has been discussed, so and I am not concerned about the pros or cons. I just looted a pink crate and it said I needed to pay 15 plat to open. I have never seen this before, and my question is this the mechanics of the loot system? Do end game items come from these locked chests? Is the loot you get from higher levels and elite runs locked chests that you need to open with plat? I would just like to know now before I get too invested.

Maxcd
03-15-2013, 03:52 PM
Hey, Welcome back!
The Pink crates (Locked Grand Crates of the Watch) are the only crates that have a 15 platinum fee for opening it. The Chest guarantees a user 2 Epic items and 1 Legendary, Mythic (Ripmaw or the End Game Helms) or Arcane (Hammerjaw or Captain Hooks for Rouges) item. The loot is very good and most of the items are good to re-sell as long as there isnt a surplus. I think most of the end game gear is in these chests however they are also available in Elite Golden Pirate Chests too. They are worth openeing as long as you feel lucky.

Uzii
03-15-2013, 03:54 PM
Locked crates can be looted from boss and mobs also. Their loot scales to ur lvl and can drop average end game gear too. Crates drops also mythic and Arcane rarity items. (hammerjaw can only be found here)

But the best end game gear drops from elite pirate chests. Or bloodhammer items from kraken elite maps.

FluffNStuff
03-15-2013, 03:55 PM
So elite pirate chests are FREE to open?

JaytB
03-15-2013, 03:55 PM
Not all end game items come from chests/crates, but items like mythic and arcane items do. I was surprised when I saw this at first too, to say the least.

But, it's not all bad, because the chests that can be looted in the elite kraken maps (elite golden pirate chests), can be opened for free and have a chance to get the items that come in locked crates too.

View
03-15-2013, 03:56 PM
Ripmaw can only be purchased in the plat store for 250 plat. He dose not drop in crates. Also those really good items are extremely rare. I have opened well over 200 crates and only got one mythic helm.

CrimsonTider
03-15-2013, 03:59 PM
^^Veiw!!!!^^

JaytB
03-15-2013, 04:01 PM
^^Veiw!!!!^^

Yeah, that nub plays AL now. Maybe you should come back too, so he isn't the biggest nub anymore :p

CrimsonTider
03-15-2013, 04:03 PM
Yeah, that nub plays AL now. Maybe you should come back too, so he isn't the biggest nub anymore :p

^^Noob!!!^^

View
03-15-2013, 04:04 PM
You found me lol, it's true. Been playing AL, patiently waiting for a content update for PL.

Pandamoni
03-15-2013, 04:35 PM
^^Noob!!!^^

A certain someone (starts with a K) came back last night and told me to tell you he's going to create a toon with a funny name that I can't freaking remember arrggghhh lol...something to do with wareagle, if you don't get your butt back to the game.

Fluff, I've opened one crate and got a helm I could resell for $1500 gold lol. I decided it's too much of a gamble for me, but some people enjoy the gamble. Just to let you know that not all of the legendary items dropped in the crates have a very high resale value.

KillaSkillz
03-15-2013, 04:40 PM
Yes. If you are weary of using plat to open the locked crates, you can sell them (currently 5k gold in CS) but they can range up to about 10k at the right times. I've seen the occasional listed really cheap, but lowest steady listing i've seen them is 1k before this new update came.

Eversor
03-15-2013, 05:15 PM
A certain someone (starts with a K) came back last night and told me to tell you he's going to create a toon with a funny name that I can't freaking remember arrggghhh lol...something to do with wareagle, if you don't get your butt back to the game.

Even better, he's going to name a pet wareagle. BTW, hey Crim, Jay, Veiw. Long time no see. I've got a rogue in AL now named Eversoria if you guys want to add me.

JaytB
03-15-2013, 05:16 PM
Even better, he's going to name a pet wareagle. BTW, hey Crim, Jay, Veiw. Long time no see. I've got a rogue in AL now named Eversoria if you guys want to add me.

Already added you a couple of day ago ;)

And hi Ever! :)

CrimsonTider
03-15-2013, 05:50 PM

Fluff, I've opened one crate and got a helm I could resell for $1500 gold lol. I decided it's too much of a gamble for me, but some people enjoy the gamble. Just to let you know that not all of the legendary items dropped in the crates have a very high resale value.

You tell that ding-dong I said "Roll Damn Tide!!!!" lol

O....... M......... G!!! Where the hell have you been??

Already added you a couple of day ago ;)

And hi Ever! :)

^^Still a noob^^

hippl
03-15-2013, 06:10 PM
HammerJaw and McCraw - only plat crates
Arcane Hooks and Mythic helms - in crates and elite golden pirate chests

Eversor
03-15-2013, 09:08 PM

Didn't have the time to play for a while. Had some life changes I had to adjust to. I couldn't stay away forever though!

Chaim Nail
03-15-2013, 09:37 PM
So far I've only gotten locked crates from the free luck elixirs mostly in Hauntlet runs, about 10 or so to date with 3 currently in my inventory, I haven't opened any as I won't pay real money to gamble on these virtual items so I sell em, last week I sold 3 for 10101 each but now the price has crashed to below 5000 so I'm hanging on to em until I think the price is worth it.

Vystirch
03-15-2013, 11:12 PM
^^^ the posts above me feel like the noob.... And a young one at that :p

Pandamoni
03-16-2013, 12:03 AM
You tell that ding-dong I said "Roll Damn Tide!!!!"lol

hehe I'll tell him.

And can you believe it??? Ever's back! woo hoo!

I'm telling you, this week has been freaking awesome. I'm a little choked up if I'm honest. Now we just need your butt back.

Pandamoni
03-17-2013, 09:41 AM

I've been asked to kindly post this :D.

http://i1291.photobucket.com/albums/b555/spacetimepics/E1919E47-2F69-4FC8-BA99-1C3655124338-4823-00000847BBF5FF06_zps5375d47f.jpg