PDA

View Full Version : I CANT DECIDE.. need some warrior brains

inkredible
03-15-2013, 06:04 PM
okay so.. for pvp

as of right now i have
Split, smash, hor, vengence

max might, some crit
Im seeing people not puttin anythin on crit at all.. and maxing out all skills 5/5

is it "best" not to have crit??, is it better to bring back windmill now for 1v1 challenges bec i find it load too slow..

heres my current stats with VB

inkredible
03-15-2013, 06:12 PM
some says axe.. and SPLit.... but i hate axe im not used to that LOL

DoctorHan
03-15-2013, 10:17 PM
Facing the same problem !
Yeah I'm not such an experienced player though, lvl 25.
Currently using SS, Windmill, vengeance and HoR. Passives have full might and some crit.
Yeah I tried working my gear in such a way that I get 10 crit minimum without any buffs. So when I have my pet that boosts crit by 10% ( that sums it up to 20) , one of the owls (not lucky enough yet to get hands on Ribbit ) and I use vengeance and time my attacks well, I get the best results compared to other experimentation I've been doing.
Can't give up on vengeance, coz the stuff I use is mostly mid-ranged equipment from the auctions. Can't give up on HoR for obvious reasons.
The thing is I'm confused if I should replace windmill or smash with CS. Is the new CS worth it ? I tried but just ended up landing in deeper confusions.
I'm not saying I want my warrior to be Chuck Norris, but I want him to at least stand there and absorb damage while doing fair offence. As far as I have HoR and those 50 health potions Klass gives, I won't complain about health. The issue is offence. Yes, my gear is a bit low graded. I've got confusion here too. What should I use from these 3 ? Trollbane, Blood guard of Savvy/Grace or Blackwater claymore of fatality ?
Genuine advice appreciated.

-Victim of hyperconfusion at its worst.

ishyrionek
03-15-2013, 11:21 PM
Actually i got
Vb 5, ss 5, wm 5, hor 5, might 5
Seams ok in pve and pvp...

Cs, At are way better now, but:
at - only 1 target each 7 sec,
Cs - you need aim and be preat close, that sux ,
Ss - no need aim, big aoe
Wm - best dmg warrior skill imho...

Still testing ofc :-)

About crits... Some guys got crit or dex in passiv dunno why...
Passiv dmg % is the best
I dont have it, cause i play PvM mostly, so i fully up my skills :-)

inkredible
03-15-2013, 11:39 PM
id never do dex, but id do crits.. why not tho?

DoctorHan
03-16-2013, 12:39 AM

Totally agreed

inkredible
03-16-2013, 02:04 AM
Totally agreed

yeah for group pvp smash n mill
1v1 rogue axe and split

for mage it could be either

Foomunda
03-16-2013, 09:46 AM
I've been testing on my end game Warrior and have so far been the happiest with 5/5 Crit Passive and Malison or Ribbit I'm using Hazel less now...
I'm still not sure about the skill set yet. Been playing around with Jugg and Rally a bit too. I can see one or the other making it into my final build. Rally helps the team so thats a plus. I've tested with VB, Jugg, Rally, WM and survivability is much enhanced, but alas kills are hard to come by.

I do appreciate the totality of the changes made to Warriors so far, I have been inspired to go so far as to actually equip Sword/Shield combos. Something I wouldn't have considered before.

It appears to me that at present there may not be a 'right' build for us. I personally recommend in addition to skill/stat changes, try non conventional weapon and armor combos.

inkredible
03-16-2013, 10:25 AM
Poor mages, huh? Anything works on mages... Lol :D

what i meant by either is, it depends on how the mage plays..
bec everyone has diff strategy there was one i fought where i needed axe throw, bec of his clock, he wont leave there
and hes tryna drag me in his clock

theres one where they dont even need a clock so yeah

fr rogues mostly axe throw bec theres 99.9% that rogues will have packs 1v1.
its used to pull em away from their packs,, PULL EM AND SLICE EM ;)

thats all i meant by either , dont take it wrong

csyui
03-16-2013, 10:46 AM
For sky smash, you need to charge to increase range, which is not good as it takes time. (4/5)
For windmill, you need charge to trig snare effect, but snare is good to keep enemies close to you. (4/5 or 5/5 your choice)
For horn, if you only play pvp, taunt effect is no need, but range increase is good for your team. (4/5)
Venge 5/5, Mighty 5/5, Knowledge 2/5 or 3/5.

Passive crit, dmg or armor doesnt help too much, since the max you get is 5%, which only give you 10 more dmg or dps, and 50 more armor. Id rather add some pts on passive int or dex. (For now, pass int is better as give you more mana storage.)

But I am using axe throw (5/5) instead of windmill now, because it can reduce enemy armor and crit, chance to stun, but most important, it pull them back (This is a nightmare for those enemies with long range attack, like rogues and mages. LOL).

inkredible
03-16-2013, 10:50 AM
For sky smash, you need to charge to increase range, which is not good as it takes time. (4/5)
For windmill, you need charge to trig snare effect, but snare is good to keep enemies close to you. (4/5 or 5/5 your choice)
For horn, if you only play pvp, taunt effect is no need, but range increase is good for your team. (4/5)
Venge 5/5, Mighty 5/5, Knowledge 2/5 or 3/5.

But I am using axe throw (5/5) instead of windmill now, because it can reduce enemy armor and crit, chance to stun, but most important, it pull them back (This is a nightmare for those enemies with long range attack, like rogues and mages. LOL).

Yes, as i have noticed last night when i was testing my build .. axe throw is great against mage / rogues, and u SPLIT EM LOL
double feeble ;)

Wowsome
03-16-2013, 10:54 AM
Im seeing people not puttin anythin on crit at all.. and maxing out all skills 5/5

is it "best" not to have crit??, is it better to bring back windmill now for 1v1 challenges bec i find it load too slow..

- i do not believe in maxing out ALL skills.
- passive dmg > crit (i had the same question .. see http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?89470-Passive-Crit-Damage-Armor for a good explanation)
- yes, wm is slow!

Actually i got
Vb 5, ss 5, wm 5, hor 5, might 5
Seams ok in pve and pvp...

Cs, At are way better now, but:
at - only 1 target each 7 sec,
Cs - you need aim and be preat close, that sux ,
Ss - no need aim, big aoe

Still testing ofc :-)

About crits... Some guys got crit or dex in passiv dunno why...
Passiv dmg % is the best
I dont have it, cause i play PvM mostly, so i fully up my skills :-)

i agree with lot of the stuff here .. i use cs for the feeble update .. im used to positioning it ..

Foomunda
03-16-2013, 12:26 PM
Max boost from Damage passive is 5%. 5% of 200 is entirely negligible in the grand scheme of things. I just fail to see any value in it. Critical passive oth coupled with a pet that also boosts crit is a difference I can see.

*Addendum:

I read the thread linked above, however I'm still on the side of Crit passive. Unbuffed with Ribbit, My current test build is doing 15.40% critical, with 0 points on Dex. This current build I have equipped +Dex and +Dodge gear. Fully buffed the crit rate is pretty good approx 40%, and and Dodge is around 30% adding in 20% Juggs damage reduction and at least in PvE my warrior is quite effective. Haven't run this through PvP yet.

inkredible
03-16-2013, 02:52 PM
- i do not believe in maxing out ALL skills.
- passive dmg > crit (i had the same question .. see http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?89470-Passive-Crit-Damage-Armor for a good explanation)
- yes, wm is slow!

Yeah the only thign i ever maxed out is vengence but thats about it, i max out passives

inkredible
03-16-2013, 02:53 PM
Max boost from Damage passive is 5%. 5% of 200 is entirely negligible in the grand scheme of things. I just fail to see any value in it. Critical passive oth coupled with a pet that also boosts crit is a difference I can see.

*Addendum:

I read the thread linked above, however I'm still on the side of Crit passive. Unbuffed with Ribbit, My current test build is doing 15.40% critical, with 0 points on Dex. This current build I have equipped +Dex and +Dodge gear. Fully buffed the crit rate is pretty good approx 40%, and and Dodge is around 30% adding in 20% Juggs damage reduction and at least in PvE my warrior is quite effective. Haven't run this through PvP yet.

mind postin a shot of ur stats?

Foomunda
03-16-2013, 02:55 PM
I would post a screenshot, if I knew how. I play on a phone that apparently can't do screenshots unless I root? It...