PDA

View Full Version : The 1 thing to finally make this game perfect

Omargawsh
04-26-2010, 08:48 PM
Alright so i enter a game and everybody has the same pink equip on. How epic is that?

not so epic am i right?

I think there should be 1 more color to add (we can debate about the color later)

and these drops should literally be REALLY hard to get.
pink loot drops too often for my liking, even though it does help they lose the appeal when everyone has it on.

We need a set of weapons that have like a 1% chance to drop every time you play the instance.
The stats shouldnt be like they are now where the only difference between a purp and a pink is 5 points more in damage and a 1 h or m/s boost.

These stats should be RIDICULOUS.

These weapons should be able to boost the healing abilities of enchantresses or allow access to a spell only available when the specific staff is equipped,

some % chance to hold the aggro of a mob or individual enemies no matter how much damage another member is doing for warriors and a chance to counterattack when being attacked not wasting an attack move,

and possibly a weapon that can shoot 2 arrows at a time and multishot mobs for archers.

Of course these are really overpowered but that's what epic and legendary represent.
When you join a game and see some guy with a weapon you've never seen before you have something else to achieve other then reaching the next cap level or farming for 2 hours to get all your pink equip. You now have a mission to be as cool as this guy and be the next person people are in awe of.

Think about it.

Splurd
04-26-2010, 08:59 PM
Then... your character basically becomes about luck in loot.

So a person who is grinding hours after hours trying to find the magic stick of magic, is suddenly outclassed by some random guy who was lucky enough to get the loot.

Grinding for a 0.1% drop chance is not fun. I've done it many times in my years of MMORPG and it has never been fun.

Omargawsh
04-26-2010, 09:05 PM
quick fix. make these items only available in certain missions. Kind of like magic castle but WAYY HARDER.

Basically you'll need everyone doing there job right and if not you'll experience failure. Make these items accessible to people who are skilled enough to even have a chance to obtain them. I mean what else is someone who reached the cap and has the best pink loot gonna do? farm forest haven for an e-peen boost in kills? probably, but he/she wil be the one missing out on a chance for an uber item with unreal abilities.

Jovians
04-26-2010, 09:25 PM
I honestly think that's a great idea but shouldn't be implemented til we hav a good working lewt system. I really think the devs put drop rates this high cuz the lewt system ATM is kinda random which makes it a bit harder to get drops unless u farm in locked games. I love the idea of super fat rare lewts that are the bomb but we need a lewt system first.

Infamous-D
04-26-2010, 10:09 PM
I totally agree with this all these purple and pink that are appariantly called legendary or rare are way to easy to find. For example I was just lvling my enchantress the other day and I found a purple I was pretty happy but then about 50 secs after another guy found the exact same thing it's been happening alot I must say I'm just finally starting to notice. Please spacetime do something about this quick or make a new set like he said. I don't care if he thinks it isn't fun because I do I think it's what makes an rpg like this and I'm pretty sure everyone can agree. Thank you guys keep up the great work

Infamous-D
04-26-2010, 10:14 PM
Oh and to support that guys comment making high pieces of equipment like that with a low % of finding will keep people striving to make that perfect character which basicly means your game will never fade like D2 and that's a hella lot more money in your pockets please I'm a serious gamer and I love your game 100% but something definatly has to be done about this to keep me buying these awsome maps your creating thanks.

Infamous-D
04-26-2010, 10:17 PM
I totally agree with you man

PvP
04-26-2010, 10:51 PM
Oh and to support that guys comment making high pieces of equipment like that with a low % of finding will keep people striving to make that perfect character which basicly means your game will never fade like D2 and that's a hella lot more money in your pockets please I'm a serious gamer and I love your game 100% but something definatly has to be done about this to keep me buying these awsome maps your creating thanks.

Right now this game is just scratching the surface of their abilities. This game is the FIRST true MMORPG that gives people an experience that they can't find anywhere on the iSystems. I like your thinking but regardless this game has a lot coming to keep people wanting more. Ie PvP, trade, and everything else that is on the way. However I do not think rediculous weapons should be implemented. It sets a higher standard which can drive some people insane if they don't have it, trust me. Thats not always a good thing. If the stats were like +1 better but still very rare, with cool looks, then that wouldn't be as bad. Simply giving a few random people weapons on steroids will cause quite a few problems.

HectorCruz
04-26-2010, 10:55 PM
I agree with PvP. I don't think this super rare items should be much better than the pinks, but they should look cooler and just be ridiculously hard to find. That way people won't get pissed off that they suck because they haven't found some godly crossbow. They will just be really happy when they find an awesome looking one.

Infamous-D
04-26-2010, 11:14 PM
I do agree they have definately done alot of work in such a short amount of time but I'm just saying the amount of pinks and purples that are being dropped is getting pretty bad. All they need to do is come out with one more colour set that is just a bit harder to find because everyone now has all the legendary from farming so much so basicly wen trade does come it's gunna be pointless because everyone is already is gunna hAve everything just take in to consideration that it is a problem and that they should focus on it in the near future I'm not saying now just later on because either way they've totally outdone themselves And I really appreciate what they've been doing for everyone

Infamous-D
04-26-2010, 11:17 PM
(alterra) (miakaa) (lvl30) (enchantress)

Splurd
04-27-2010, 12:13 AM
(alterra) (miakaa) (lvl30) (enchantress)

uhhh ok?

Pixxie
04-27-2010, 03:00 AM
uhhh ok?

His sig is so uber it requires it's own separate post.

:)

Splurd
04-27-2010, 04:04 AM
☺> o rly~!
/▌
.║

Infamous-D
04-27-2010, 09:46 AM
Cheeyaa how'd you know ? Naww just forgot to post it on last MSG why duz nebody have a problem ?

NamelessMag
04-27-2010, 10:15 AM
IMO it's very bad idea.
Imagine that you try to find that extra loot for hours and some newbie get it after playing map few times...
I think that there should be quests and many of them should be hidden (known only for players who found it by their own work). And these items from quests should be a little or much better than normal ones, they should look awersome too.
I think that is better idea, because there will be same chance for everybody to get some special items spending on it same amount of time. Don't you think so?
I think that dev team should concentrate on creating new functions like pvp, guilds, maps and quests. Not items only... It is boring.

Anyway. Don't you think that players with higher lvls should run faster?

Uzikrabd
09-20-2011, 12:23 AM
I have been thinking of something similar but using the ig as a vanity set,i guess each plat place would hold 3 vanitues each (one for each char)and if you are lucky enough or farm enough to get whole set ot would be plat coins falling from you and these wouldnt be 0.01 drop rate but hard since vanity and all, but come on who wouldnt want to wear platinum and have platinum fall off you (i would want that) and since vanity its lvl 1 or maybe like just have some crafts to make higher lvls and dam and etc...

Moogerfooger
09-20-2011, 05:11 AM
Good lord...this post was a year and a half old.

WoundedEagle
09-20-2011, 06:02 AM
LOL! Yeah, but a great idea. Wow! This thread has wrinkles...

Uzikrabd
09-20-2011, 07:16 AM
LOL! Yeah, but a great idea. Wow! This thread has wrinkles...

Lol wasnt paying attention to date

Navygreen
09-20-2011, 07:56 AM
Then... your character basically becomes about luck in loot.

So a person who is grinding hours after hours trying to find the magic stick of magic, is suddenly outclassed by some random guy who was lucky enough to get the loot.

Grinding for a 0.1% drop chance is not fun. I've done it many times in my years of MMORPG and it has never been fun.

Lol that would feel horrible! I do think there's a severe lack in uniqueness in a lot of the builds I see.. :)

Zerious
09-20-2011, 05:08 PM
This is one zombie-azz thread...

THRILLERRRRRRRRRR!!! THRILLER NIGHT!!!