PDA

View Full Version : Why is our armor so bad?

maillard
03-15-2013, 09:02 PM
Whats the maximum armor that a mage can get with the best equipment? It seems like to me we have the worst armor between the 3 classes. Rogues have armor almost as good as warriors it seems. Easily over 700 and as high as 900 I think I have seen. I am not sure we can even get to 700? Since we hit from a distance its not so much of an issue but being targeted by archers, etc can sometimes mean near death. Personally if anything is done to improve our class, I would like to see some better armor for the mage. Because right now I personally think we're getting the short end of the stick. And just for your reference here are my stats with Clyde:

Str - 102
Health: 2236

Dex: 6
Dodge: 3.64%
Crit: 10.39%

Int: 362
Bonus Dmg: 281%
Mana: 3770
Damage: 209.4

DPS: 235.6
Armor: 619

Sealord Effigy of Security (235 Armor) + Deep Sea Woven Vestment of Security (384 Armor)

Yeah there are a few things I could add to push up my armor if I spent some serious gold but I don't think its going to be that significant. And if you look at the Mythic helm (Vili's Aged Cowl) it has worse armor (226). What do you all think?

Energizeric
03-15-2013, 11:08 PM
With all top gear and Koko pet, I can get it up to 820. But not sure why you would want to do that as it would sacrifice other things considerably.

Zecca
03-19-2013, 11:27 PM
Yeah, it because sorcerer is a damage dealer or AOE damage dealer with medium chance of critical damage. Warrior got high armor but low on attack damage or low on critical, and rogue got high armor and small damage but have high chance critical damage.

Bluepinixy
03-29-2013, 02:31 PM
Because Sorcerers would be OP with high armor.
There's always the downside.
The warriors have huge armor, but very low damage.
Rogues have high dps, their armor is ok but can still die easier than the warrior.
Sorcerers have high damage, so in exchange you get low armor.