PDA

View Full Version : Important note to the PL Community

XghostzX
03-15-2013, 10:28 PM
This was originally posted by Samhayne:

To Vholt, thanks very much for the kind words. Your thread derailment attests that most people don't post to voice their opinions when everything is rosy in their world. That's generally why, like in any other circle, the gossip or what needs to be changed, improved or is controversial will get the attention. It's just human nature.

For those who are calling for more - yup we know you want it. Whether you want it for PL/SL/DL/AL or you want a completely new game, there is always something more that someone wants. Ultimately, we'll never be able to satisfy everyone. We do what we can. We have a fun update for DL coming in the near future. I'll be posting more about that soon. PL and SL will get some love too. The bottom line is that the majority of our players are right now playing AL. It makes the most sense for us to use the majority of our limited resources on AL. That's just running our business well, which we need to do. Otherwise there might not be a Spacetime Studios or any updates in the future, ya know?

For those who are asking for more, can you please move to a more appropriate thread, such as: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...5-_-really-sts

Thanks, as always, for your interest and enthusiasm for Spacetime Games. Ultimately, we wouldn't be making games if we didn't have fans who love to play them.

I think that the PL community has trouble taking into account STS's view point. I think we feel denied to a certain extent, but we're not really forgotten. STS should focus on AL in my opinion to expand their business (as any business does); but I just hope PL doesn't go to waste.

I'm sure some of you think I'm a bit "nerdy" so-to-say, and that I've been too hooked to the STS community. Well, obviously I am. This community is awesome, and there a whole different group of friends for me. Hopefully the PL community can take into account the attention we've had in the past.

Otahaibab
03-15-2013, 10:41 PM
I feel bad now...

Walkhardd
03-15-2013, 10:50 PM
You didn't know, will? End game in Pl is the forums! Enjoy!

Oldcoot
03-16-2013, 05:52 AM
That was a good read, I've said this before an I'll say it again, y'all got to many irons in the fire. Yes AL is there big money maker right now and at one time so was DL and SL . As a small business owner myself, I know how important new customers are but if you don't take care of your returning customers your business isn't growing.

Seminole
03-16-2013, 06:12 AM
By sounds of things, PL will never be what it once was. End game PL will always be broken. If I start investing my time into AL, how do I know you guys wont just abandon that game 6 months down the road?

Oldcoot
03-16-2013, 06:26 AM
@semi, all STS games have great potential to make money. I think they just need to spread the irons so they all can get some heat evenly.

Chancer
03-16-2013, 09:42 AM
By sounds of things, PL will never be what it once was. End game PL will always be broken. If I start investing my time into AL, how do I know you guys wont just abandon that game 6 months down the road?
That's what I'm afraid of, PL was lucky in the past, with SL and DL even with the first start of the game a lot of people just stayed with PL
for SL android users had it for a whole month first and so alot of Apple players i think stuck with PL.
then DL's initial energy system pushed alot away so PL still got the most care
but the essentially release a retextured PL and ppl actually like it, after the fun declines the will make the next legends and the next
imo they should try to sell the abandoned games to someone who will support it full time
just my thoughts

Chopper
03-16-2013, 10:00 AM
Dont they say something like it takes 3x as much effort to gain new customers than to keep old ones?

So STS spending all this time and effort is fine on AL, but to ignore the most stable customer base seems like a bad business plan to me.

razerfingers
03-16-2013, 11:12 AM
I understand this post by sam, but you can't throw the players that made this game happen by buying plat in the dust cloud while you take care of your new game. Yeah its cool they do new things and new weird stuff ends up in games but in reality doing away with screen roation and auto attack kind of sucks.

Sent using blood on a bathroom wall

cookiez
03-16-2013, 11:57 AM
That was a good read, I've said this before an I'll say it again, y'all got to many irons in the fire. Yes AL is there big money maker right now and at one time so was DL and SL . As a small business owner myself, I know how important new customers are but if you don't take care of your returning customers your business isn't growing.

True dat

Roberto077
03-16-2013, 12:00 PM
Yup, that's the message a tried to convey 3 months ago.

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?79677-Complaints-and-Thanks

Waug
03-17-2013, 07:00 AM
There's something wrong, when we get to know that " the world's best mobile mmo'" is unable to run it's own business in proper way and if there were no al, as it is the case now, sts would struggle to function properly, whoa.

The equation is pretty much clear either the above mentioned logic is true or by adding new legends games, sts not actually adding new players but just dividing its own player base.

Extreme
03-17-2013, 07:32 AM
My sig.

Oldcoot
03-17-2013, 08:35 AM
I'm beginning to see a reoccurring thing, it might be less about the money and more about the awards from the rating community like massively and those guys. Just a thought hope I'm wrong.

Caiahar
03-17-2013, 09:07 AM
I have a feeling that StS is listening to those other really small rating grouos to decide which gane is best, rather than listening to the HUGE, MASSIVE, HARDCORE, CASUAL community. We dont beg to to games, like raterz do. We say politely, while they raters say, "ARCANE LEGENDS IS FAR THE BEST STS GAME EVER! ARCANE LEGENDS FTW!!!"

cookiez
03-17-2013, 09:27 AM
My sig.

EPIC!

Zerious
03-17-2013, 03:13 PM
As an old PL player, I can safely say that when playing a game that marked the initial success of STS, every game needs its focus. When SL came out, the second game released by STS, PL almost seemed neglected from in-game if you didn't play SL. This is natural. The reason is, PL was already an established game and rolling strong, but SL was new, had expectations that had to be met, and it wasn't going to happen if they didn't invest more if not all of their budgeting into SL. Now SL is established and running well, but PL is still alive today because up till now, STS has played their cards to the best of their abilities, which worked wonderfully. If the PL community has a problem with how STS has been keeping our precious game alive, they need to wake up, because like Sam said, if they don't run their business right, we could loose PL. I sure don't want that, and I'm certain neither do my co-players.

Multibird
03-17-2013, 04:17 PM
LOL I really can't wait for cap. I try to save plats for upcoming cap, who knows when? BUT that doesn't go well.

Riccits
03-18-2013, 06:05 AM
we can be happy if thers 1 cap raise in a year, or STS will just let die PL..