PDA

View Full Version : Axe Throw

warbluefish
03-16-2013, 02:48 AM
Axe through has 16m range. its the langest skill range in game. for other classes that u dont have any fighting chances just being pulled in and killed in a group fight.

As mages already has issues with escaping skills. it makes it even harder. and i noticed most of the time warrior use ae throuugh, a mage always being pulled in. only one time i saw a arrior was pulled bcos no mage was around. it make me feel that this skill is specific designed to kill mages. mage has low dodge. it seems another one shot kill as the windmill glitch.

also it makes the time shift a usless skill again. warrior dont need o go through it and just pull u back. but any way warrior also can use skyward to jump out or jmp over the time shift. the snare is only works to the mages, rogue can use pircer to get to whitout dely as well.

now warrior as two stune skills, group mana heals, and far better health heal. slowly mages r squize out of pvp.

kingtidus
03-16-2013, 03:19 AM
stay behind the tank bro so you wont get pulled and raped.When you die , try to find ur comrades first before rushiing towards the enemies.Getting pissed will drive you mad and hungry for revenge and wold have the same result.Sorcerer is a badass in pvp.could ruin your charged skills by just throwing a fireball .With a proper strategy and patience, you will enjoy the game. c ",)

warbluefish
03-16-2013, 03:45 AM
U get pulled even stay behind warriors.

:) thx for the advice. im doing ok in pvp. just lay out some thoughts.

Syylent
03-16-2013, 08:17 AM
U get pulled even stay behind warriors.

:) thx for the advice. im doing ok in pvp. just lay out some thoughts.

Tictacs. Run to the corner. When axe throw comes at you you will get pulled into the wall. Also a warrior stops while throwing. I round the corners all the time on my rogue. Sorcs can do this easier.

Caiahar
03-16-2013, 08:20 AM
Sorcerers are the most complex and complicated class in AL They require pure tactics. Heres a tip: 1vs1, attack with fireball first right before they use axe throw. That will stun them.
Full on battle: As soon as you see a warrior, and hes in range, shoot fireball.

TourneAsunder
03-16-2013, 01:04 PM
The axe will always pull the closest fella...so stand behind someone else. It isn't the greatest for the warr casting it either, he is rooted in place during the animation.

puresai
03-16-2013, 04:07 PM
I hate ppl keep telling mages to stay behind wars and everything will be ok. What happen when there is no war around??

Axe has longer range than fireball, so i don't know if mage can stun first.
Syylent is right,that's exactly how I do.
The only problem is wars will always catch me with skymash lol.

TourneAsunder
03-16-2013, 05:17 PM
I hate ppl keep telling mages to stay behind wars and everything will be ok. What happen when there is no war around??

Well, the reality is that an axe warr sacrifices something in order to lure out an unskilled individual in a group...or pull a low health/mana solo fellow. This guy was easy prey ANYWAY...for any class.

It is just one spec, nor is it a dominant one for the c.s. is much better for group fights k.b.'s. Plus, quite a few still windmill...

The point is- you are uncertain of what spec a given warr has so are unable to counter quickly...just like the warr has no clue what spec you or that 3k hp lol blade/pack rogue versus a omglollorskatz 3.1k crit 1.9k health rogue.

A pvp mage does fine against a non axe warr...and even axe warrs that did not assign points well. What a sorc does not do...is tank 2 warrs and a rogue solo...but, none of us do anymore.

Hug corners solo, watch map, use speed/stun pets...seek help. Same rules as ANY group pvp stop going solo...if the other team has a clue no matter what classes...solo equals death.

Syylent
03-19-2013, 08:59 AM

That's what I do. I drive me crazy when my axe pulls them into a wall. I then SS to them. You pesky sorcs are fast though. I chased one across the whole map once.

Sometimes I think if instead of running you and rogue would just stay and fight you may kill me. Thankfully you don't know my health and may assume I am still at full. I had a rogue run from me last night while she had me at 5% health. I was very happy to see that.

On my rogue I always use corners.

I need more money for my sorc though. lol

wolfkult
03-19-2013, 09:46 AM
Having PvP'd on both sorc and warrior in the last few days -- sorc has no chance against a decent warrior with AT. For sorcs 1on1 you have to kite and stay at range and w/ AT warriors have a longer range than you do so you're screwed.

Syylent
03-20-2013, 12:42 PM
Having PvP'd on both sorc and warrior in the last few days -- sorc has no chance against a decent warrior with AT. For sorcs 1on1 you have to kite and stay at range and w/ AT warriors have a longer range than you do so you're screwed.

Not true. Some of you sorcs are quick. Stun.... drop a clock... then scoot. Get to a corner and you are gone. Better yet throw up a shield. Will take a warrior 10 days to get through it or until a rogue comes by.

Lady_Pebbles
03-20-2013, 02:25 PM
Mages Shield and Heal skills are the weakest of the three classes for self survival so idk what you're talking about. o_O

Warriors and Rogues can easily break the shields because it doesn't absorb that much damage. This is probably why Rogues can break through it and one hit kill at the same time while a Mage has a full hp bar. Plus, the 2s invaulnerability isn't very useful... Nor is the knock back when they get up pretty quickly and relish hell upon em lol.

Heal is best for teams/parties rather than self heals and mana regen. It literally only replenishes (the 1st mana upgrade on the skill) 20% of my Mage's mana when its completely used up. Not nearly enough to fire off a round of atk skills. The +5 mana regen upgrade is great for team mates and party members but for the caster it sucks because Mages have huge mana pools.

Seriously they need to be tweaked to be more useful. Thats why players have been making threads like this for a change but nothing has changed (yet). Even I made a thread suggesting* that the Shield skill have a "reflect dmg" type of upgrade & the Heal have a "leech" type of upgrade (where they steal 1-2% of hp from the entire mob/enemy team).

Axe Throw has a really long range, short CD, has upgrades for increase dmg on critical, plus stun upon landing, etc. It really is OP in PvP & auto aims at Mages sometimes even when there are Rogues or Warriors in front of them.

wolfkult
03-20-2013, 04:24 PM
Not true. Some of you sorcs are quick. Stun.... drop a clock... then scoot. Get to a corner and you are gone. Better yet throw up a shield. Will take a warrior 10 days to get through it or until a rogue comes by.

Yeah but sorc will not be able to kill the warrior just get away. I can get away from warriors no problem but killing them if they have AT and decent gear is damn near impossible.

Angobs
03-20-2013, 05:23 PM
Its a party game not 1-1 so use your strategy.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Excuses
03-22-2013, 12:34 AM
On top of allllllll of this, some rogue still be able to kill warriors in 1on1. Haha
I have 170 dps, 3700 health +1000 armor, but still win/lose off and on. Now I think at least we have something to fight with against rogue.

And I think mage need something like this; feeble and removing movement impairing skill too to fight against rogues.

MrFoster
03-22-2013, 06:09 AM
Rogues supose to kill you in 1on1 battle. Rogues created for that, but if you attack us with group we screwed :D

csyui
03-22-2013, 06:18 PM
I use axe throw to pull those rogues and mages sneak behind their tanks. They are very annoying for tanks in both teams :D