PDA

View Full Version : It's raining locked crates........!

euromikeym
03-16-2013, 08:03 PM
Perhaps I have a perverted view of what is perceived by most as reality, but hear me out ....

today playing AL (if you can tell which map I was in do tell me), something happened which i have never seen in all my years of playing a MMORPG. One of the members playing with me was awarded a Locked Crate. Normal, yes, but I noticed it wasn't from a luck elixir, as that shows up in the text area. Lucky bastard, even without an elixir, I thought. Then in the same game a little later, another of the players got a crate dropped too, without an elixir. Then a third crate dropped, this time with an elixir. I have never seen this happen in this way before.

my juices were flowing, thinking, I want some of that. I immediately replayed the same map with different companions. And, yes, this time a crate dropped for me plus, other people. Mine was elixir free.

in total, I picked up 7 crates between two of my characters (3 were with elixir). I was not alone in this by a long shot. Great, I thought something is going my way for once. In my experience they only time I have ever received Crates was with the reroll of luck elixir.

But hold on. Now I'm stuck with all these crates which I cant sell. Why can't I sell? Because the store is now full to the brim with greatly reduced price Locked Crates. Obviously I was not alone in my own sudden showering of good luck. Open them, I hear your spit in my face! Huh! I've don't that before and what a waste of Plat.

Now, was this a random bug? (Can bugs be random?) It has never happened to me before in years.

was this one of those completely possible events, that appears as order from chaos? You know in an Alan Turing kind of way?

or, (now don't bite my head off) is this a feature that the DEVS can turn on in the background, when they feel like they want to throw some more Locked Crates in? Perhaps the turnover is getting a bit low and they want to ramp it up? Hey, it's their game and they make money from it so why not have every avenue available to them.

Ether way, will I ever find out my answer? I'm interested to know. Was I part of a special event at the right place in the right universe at the right time or do I need to get out more?

Caiahar
03-16-2013, 08:07 PM
Yeah,I recieved 3 locked crates in a row a few days ago.

euromikeym
03-16-2013, 08:10 PM

What map were you in? And was it with a luck elixir?

Caiahar
03-16-2013, 08:32 PM

What map were you in? And was it with a luck elixir?

NONE were luck. Two of then were from Kraken mines and other from on of the new maps with a shark with a sword as boss.

moonway03
03-16-2013, 09:12 PM
Ill buy it for 2k
Ign moonway

Sent from my GT-P7500 using Tapatalk 2

xcainnblecterx
03-16-2013, 09:15 PM
Been getting a lot threw the bandits hide out hit 2 in one run. Wish I had pics. I'll try tonight, do a tally of how many drop in a hour, starting from first map to last kraken mine

Thegrimreaper
03-16-2013, 09:17 PM
The most I ever got in one run...yes a single run....was 11 and that was on w4....it just kept dropping Lol I was so mad cause I don't want crates

Sent from my SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2

FluffNStuff
03-16-2013, 09:24 PM
Thought it was crazy not to sell a plat helm. But a leprechaun that turns purples into plat? Now that is pure business luck.

Energizeric
03-16-2013, 09:26 PM
Just wait until they add another arcane or mythic item in the crates and change out the gear with an update soon... Then everyone will start opening them again and prices will zoom back up to 10k. We've been through this 3 times already, so nothing new here....

tmass
03-16-2013, 09:59 PM
Read my mind got like 8 crates in my inventory

Darthmase
03-17-2013, 12:43 AM
I got 2 and another party member got 2 in one run of kraken mine earlier today.

KillaSkillz
03-17-2013, 09:18 AM
Kraken mines drops them from mob kills regularly. Better buy some plat lol!
I don't see an increase in hammer jaws or mccraws or that should tell you something about those raritys.
I've opened 300+ locked crates and got niether pet, or anything above a pink.

I'm done opening locked crates, and I am willing to bet many others have had the same results and made the same resolution, some spending much more than me on it.

seksii
03-17-2013, 10:08 AM
I need crates.. y cant I have this luck lol