PDA

View Full Version : SuperiorRouges

Emememil
03-17-2013, 06:19 AM
Many rouges seem to think they are better than other classes, why? They claim to deal superior "one on one damage". Really? I deal 430 dmg with lightning bolts every 3 seconds. Can you beat that?

Thegrimreaper
03-17-2013, 06:22 AM
Yes we can Lol and the cool down on lightning can't be 3 seconds.....but our aimed shot takes around 5 sec to cool down and does up to 500 dmg

Sent from my SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2

Emememil
03-17-2013, 06:29 AM
Did some calculating and changed 370 to 430 which is more accurate. That means like what Thegrimreaper says "up to" over 500 dmg every 3 seconds and 1250 dmg on critical. Can you beat that?

JaytB
03-17-2013, 07:28 AM
I have both a lv26 rogue and a lv26 mage. Both with Mythical helmets and top (Dmg) gear. When purely looking at the Dmg your skills do, my mage seems stronger, even for single target dmg, but it isn't.

I didn't do the exact number crunching, so I'm purely speaking of actual timed (solo) boss kills.

How's that possible?

1. Crit: a rogue can easily crank up its crit to around 70% (even higher if you're prepared to trade of Dmg for it), depending on what pet you use. Crit means you'd roughly deal around 40%'ish more dmg as compared to what your dmg numbers show, and that for each of your skills. This is possible because Aimed Shot can be stacked up to 5 times (+50% crit).

2. 15% armor reduction that lasts 5seconds, meaning 2x 15% armor reduction is possible, also with Aimed Shot (2sec cooldown). Furthermore SP can also be specced with a low (15%) chance to even further reduce your targets armor. Lower armor basically means that all your skills hit even harder.

3. Low cooldown skills. A rogue has 3 skills (AS, SP and Nox) that have a 2sec cooldown, meaning that you can almost non-stop spam those 3 skills (if you decide to use them in your build of course), translating in a lot of dmg dealt in a very short amount of time.

4. Veil. This skill lasts for about 8 seconds (with extended time skill) and has a 20sec cooldown. It allows you to deal another 15% more dmg during those 8 seconds.

So yeah, all of the above make a rogue vastly superior in therms of dealing single target Dmg as compared to a mage, and the timed runs I did confirm these numbers.

I'd say, classes are where they need to be. Warriors are king in absorbing dmg and taunting enemies, Mages are king in Mob killing, rogues are king in boss kills :)

azbestwarior
03-17-2013, 09:20 AM
Hi I have a question, tell someone what Skil give the rogala under big damage in pvp or moby I 25lvl rogalu.Thank You

darthdlo
03-17-2013, 10:46 AM
SUPER RED STICK running around alor lol

Emememil
03-17-2013, 05:45 PM
Thank you JaytB! This really clarified things.

GoodSyntax
03-17-2013, 06:04 PM
Rogues are simply 1v1 juggernauts! Pretty much everything about their build is designed for superior 1v1 damage, but that comes at a hefty price. We generally do not have as much HP or Armor, so we are somewhat squishy, and our AoE damage is...very limited.

Sorcs are kings of AoE damage and are very good at crowd control.

Warriors are best suited for tanking.

JaytB summed everything up perfectly!