PDA

View Full Version : Arcane Legends for Ubuntu Linux

scorpio92
03-17-2013, 08:39 AM
Hi, everyone! As you know, Arcane Legends is a game developed for Android and Windows( Using Google Chrome), but is not available for any Linux distribution! As a Linux user I'm obligated to use Windows to play this great game! It would be perfect if you make it available for the linux users too! Thank you!

marshmallow
03-17-2013, 09:06 AM
I am curious as to why it won't load on your Chrome since this browser runs well in Linux distros. Does it requires a plugin that Ubuntu can't provide?

Bless
03-17-2013, 10:06 AM
yeah just run it on chrome

scorpio92
03-17-2013, 01:59 PM
There is some problem with the installation and you can't start it using chrome. I'm trying to play with Android emulator and virtual machine, but I can't make it work property.

Iphoneington
03-17-2013, 02:04 PM
As well as IOS...

scorpio92
03-17-2013, 02:20 PM
The exact problem is this >> "This application is not supported on this computer. Installation has been disabled." (when I try to install the game on Google Chrome/Chromium under Xubuntu 12.04)

maillard
03-19-2013, 04:21 PM
Read this thread I posted:

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?89621-Linux-gives-me-the-power-I-need-to-crush-those-who-oppose-me

PM me if you have any questions. But the short answer is try running chrome using:

google-chrome --disable-gpu-sandbox --ignore-gpu-blacklist

Valsacar
03-20-2013, 06:02 AM
Nice guide... too bad I can't get it to work. No matter how many times I say to add it to chrome, it does nothing (not even the "not supported" error).

Valsacar
03-20-2013, 07:41 AM
Ok, after REPEATED tries I got it to load. Crashed a few times (get the big A symbol and hear looped music), but that seems to be anytime I move to another window. I can't get the xbox controller to work though. lsusb shows that it's detected, but no xpad module to remove, no /dev/uinput, mobprobe gives no errors, xboxdrv gives an error with unknown event type prefix: KEY_1.

Edit: Oh, and sometimes it loses hardware acceleration requiring a whole new starting of chrome and not just a refresh.

maillard
03-20-2013, 09:39 AM
Ok, after REPEATED tries I got it to load. Crashed a few times (get the big A symbol and hear looped music), but that seems to be anytime I move to another window. I can't get the xbox controller to work though. lsusb shows that it's detected, but no xpad module to remove, no /dev/uinput, mobprobe gives no errors, xboxdrv gives an error with unknown event type prefix: KEY_1.

Edit: Oh, and sometimes it loses hardware acceleration requiring a whole new starting of chrome and not just a refresh.

What version of Chrome are you using? I would use the latest beta build:

https://www.google.com/intl/en/chrome/browser/beta.html

As for the xbox controller, you should read the instructions that come with the source code. Its fairly straight forward, there is probably another name device on your distro. I would try running it as root first to avoid any permissions problems.

Valsacar
03-20-2013, 05:56 PM
Chrome is now the recent beta, I'll test it more after work. Once I was more awake I figured out the controller problem... mine is wireless with the play&charge cable :P I'll fix that.

Valsacar
03-21-2013, 03:19 AM
Well, got the controller working, but now chrome is even worse. At best I can get to the login screen before it crashes. After a few tries, chrome loses hardware acceleration and I have to restart chrome to try again.

Valsacar
03-21-2013, 04:49 AM
Ok, got it all working. Something is wrong with my desktop, but on my laptop it all works great... just wish the screen was a little bigger. Nice to sit back and use the controller like that.

First test, solo elite palm rock. Victory!

maillard
03-21-2013, 10:45 PM
Ok, got it all working. Something is wrong with my desktop, but on my laptop it all works great... just wish the screen was a little bigger. Nice to sit back and use the controller like that.

First test, solo elite palm rock. Victory!

Awesome, if you want a bigger screen hook up a monitor or your tv. :) if you want some help. I play a level 26 sorceror (Falmear) and a level 26 warrior (Bardonas).

Iphoneington
03-21-2013, 10:51 PM
Ubuntu is nice...:)

scorpio92
03-30-2013, 06:28 AM
Negative results :(