PDA

View Full Version : Playable but with issues on MacBook Pro and Google Chrome

Abysss
03-17-2013, 03:57 PM
Good day all. Nice little game you've got here. Playing it on Samsung 10.2 tablet and on a MacBook Pro using Google Chrome.
Here's the issue playing on the MBP, the Chrome window can only get so large and the game expects a larger window to paint the game into, so what happens is that the top and bottom tenth of the game screen is completely missing. It is only made worse when I try to resize the Chrome window - there is no corresponding adjustment made to the game. Kind of like looking at a map of the USA through a window only as big as Texas, you don't get the entire image - certainly not the image that I see on the tablet.

Is there a tweek, hack, other twist that I can apply to force a smaller display size expectation? I mean, really, if it will play on a smart phone, why the need for a HUGE display on a laptop?

Standing ( actually just sitting ) by.
Al

Yich
03-17-2013, 10:48 PM
Did you try resetting your device?

Abysss
03-17-2013, 11:07 PM
Did you try resetting your device?
This is a laptop - it gets "reset" each morning when I turn it on.

Basically, is there anyway to change the games screen size ? Either within Google Chrome or the game itself ( which I cannot find ).
If not, the game is just barely playable on a Mac Laptop.
I have a few other issues, but if this one can't get addressed, then I won't bother you folks.
Al

Yich
03-17-2013, 11:23 PM
I was kidding.. Anyways, try messing with your browsers zoom or place your mouse in the center of your browser (when on the PL app) and hold one finger in the center of your mouse touchpad and use another one to make a 90 degree arc from about 3 centimeters above ur first finger to the left or right, one zooms in one out. Try both. That's how I do it on my dell anyways.

Abysss
03-18-2013, 09:58 AM
Followed up on your suggestion. Here's what I found.
The normal Mac trackpad zoom in and out fail.
The normal Mac keypad Command + and Command - ( zoom in and out ) fail - the strokes are captured by the game and unused.
Going to the Google Chrome View menu, and down to Zoom in and out does work.
One comment: When I use the View menu, Zoom out, the game logs me out, so it's for certain that I'd want to have the size set before starting to play.
Can't say that I have ever used an app that trapped all the keystrokes and did not use them. Well mannered apps usually pass any keystrokes that they are not going to use to the hosting app ( in this case Chrome ) and if Chrome won't use them, then on to the system.
An example of this is Command P, the Print command. Pocket Legends traps the command, won't let Chrome have it , thus no printing of what shows on the screen.
In the end, this worked. Now I may post a few other bugs. Thanks for you time. Al