PDA

View Full Version : Sorcerer Mythic Helm Awful!!

Energizeric
03-17-2013, 06:24 PM
I bought the sorcerer mythic helm yesterday and today I tried it in PvP and it is just awful. It increases my damage a bit, but I lose so much health and armor that I can't stay alive. I did everything the same, and normally I get around 3 kills for every 2 deaths. But during the 2 hours I played I had 3 times as many deaths as kills. I can't even stay alive for more than a few seconds. I get one-hit by both warriors and rogues -- that never used to happen ever. Problem is I've lost almost 200 health compared to my old helm, and some armor along with it.

As has been suggested, STS needs to really change the stats of this helm. Because as it is currently, it's the 3rd or 4th best helm, not the best one. It makes you a one-dimensional player which is not at all useful for PvP. The mythic helm should be the best in all ways, not severely lacking in most areas with just one good stat.

JaytB
03-17-2013, 06:33 PM
As you already know, I totally agree. It's still (even with making dex a more valid stat) the worst Mythic helm as compared to the rogue and Warrior one. The comparison I made in my thread is still valid in showing that the Sorcerers' Mythical helm needs a decent armor and health boost to bring it in line with the other mythical helmets.

I'm still fairly optimistic in hoping that STS will change those stats in the future though.

wowdah
03-17-2013, 06:37 PM
Yah don't sell, they will make it better.. And I think some legendary sorcerer helms are way better than the mythic one ...O.o

Energizeric
03-17-2013, 06:40 PM
Yah don't sell, they will make it better.. And I think some legendary sorcerer helms are way better than the mythic one ...O.o

The mythic was very useful in the kraken mines where I saw a noticeable difference in my AoE skills, so I could clear the mobs faster. But I'm not planning to use it in elite runs or in PvP, both of where you need to be able to take hits and stay alive. For those situations I find the sealord/bloodhammer "of will" and "of security" gear to be much better.

If they simply changed the DEX stat to STR and then increased the armor by a few that would make it much more useful. Or maybe keep the DEX and add a few STR points, and then increase the armor. Either way it would be much improved.

Caiahar
03-17-2013, 08:07 PM
I think sts was trying to mage the sorcerer mythic helm better by adding a bonus for dex....

wowdah
03-17-2013, 09:55 PM
Yes, but the dex bonus doesn't actually help that much

Energizeric
03-17-2013, 10:52 PM
I think sts was trying to mage the sorcerer mythic helm better by adding a bonus for dex....

Yes, I realize that and it helps a tiny bit, but overall not enough. Shouldn't the mythic helm have more armor than other level 26 sorcerer helms? There are 4 other lvl26 sorcerer helms that have 235 armor while the mythic helm has 226. That is just one example of how it falls short.

wowdah
03-17-2013, 11:25 PM
Yes, I realize that and it helps a tiny bit, but overall not enough. Shouldn't the mythic helm have more armor than other level 26 sorcerer helms? There are 4 other lvl26 sorcerer helms that have 235 armor while the mythic helm has 226. That is just one example of how it falls short.

Thanks. Yah this was what I was trying to convey.