PDA

View Full Version : Dragon Vanity Test

Griffinfan
03-19-2013, 11:55 AM
What if everything you believed was wrong :O

so here is my proposition is that Dragon drop rates are different for each boss. It seems to vary by day (I know it sounds crazy but it is true). Some days I will be farming and will see 4 drops from baron and none from duke or emma, other days I see 3-4 drops from emma or duke and none from baron.

Many say that dragon drops are on the same table for all bosses, when really I think Vlod messes with that table because of his drop rate to every person. So therefore instead of getting a dragon reroll from baron you get a Claymore from Vlod?.

Furthermore, Maybe there is something we are missing with Dragon drop rates. There has to be a better way to farm it more efficiently.

So I set out to test this theory.

I bought 800 plat and loaded up a 100% reroll Thrasher so the test would not be bugged.

For the first two thrashers I followed the old tradition of grinding the whole map Lofus>Emma>Duke>Baron>Vlod

No drops. A few lame pinks but not what I was hunting, I wanted dragon.

For the second half of the test I did my way of doing feast. Emma>Duke>Baron>RMK. For one this run took an average of 4 minutes shorter to do so there was more time to run the feast. Within the two thrashers I used I recieved a Green Dragon Helm (Emma), a Blue Dragon Armor (Emma), a Green Dragon Armor (Duke) all in two hours time. Not too mention the other 3 drops people in my parties recieved, Golden Dragon Helm, Golden Dragon Armor, Blue Dragon Armor.

So that was 6 drops in 2 hours compared to 0 in 2 hours doing Vlod and Lofus.

Just some stuff to think about :)

Suentous PO
03-19-2013, 01:09 PM
Call me sceptical, but if you had repeated this several times and got the same result, I'd give it more credit.
Are you going to repeat this? Not to dis the work, just sayin one result is not indicative of a pattern.
I find it hard to believe the devs would write code that changes the drop rates based on skipping a couple bosses.

Chopper
03-19-2013, 01:27 PM
Drop rates are too small to calculate on such a small sample.

And are you the player that has some sort of vendetta against farming Vlod? I can't recall.

If your theory is in respect of Vlod messing up the drop tables, how the heck would the game PREDICT whether or not you are going to farm him or not? You skipping Vlod at the end of the map should have no difference in the drop rates for Emma, Count, Duke, which you farm first. Do you think STS has some sort of time-machine algorithm that predicts that you will skip Vlod, therefore increases the Dragon drop rates on the bosses you kill earlier? That seems pretty unlikely. If STS was that advanced, they all be wining the lottery instead of making games.

skrapicoco
03-19-2013, 01:29 PM
same thing as buying the dragon loots if u have to load up plats most of the time

Norbert
03-19-2013, 03:07 PM
I'm not sure, but I think he's saying that vlod and lofus are a waste of time. If you have two hours to do runs, with or without elixir, you kill more bosses skipping them, so more drops, even though you miss the everybody-drop from vlod.

It may be a small sample, but interesting and easy enough to try. Biggest problem is probably getting a group to go along with it.

Cavoc
03-19-2013, 04:23 PM
What if everything you believed was wrong :O

so here is my proposition is that Dragon drop rates are different for each boss. It seems to vary by day (I know it sounds crazy but it is true). Some days I will be farming and will see 4 drops from baron and none from duke or emma, other days I see 3-4 drops from emma or duke and none from baron.

Many say that dragon drops are on the same table for all bosses, when really I think Vlod messes with that table because of his drop rate to every person. So therefore instead of getting a dragon reroll from baron you get a Claymore from Vlod?.

Furthermore, Maybe there is something we are missing with Dragon drop rates. There has to be a better way to farm it more efficiently.

So I set out to test this theory.

I bought 800 plat and loaded up a 100% reroll Thrasher so the test would not be bugged.

For the first two thrashers I followed the old tradition of grinding the whole map Lofus>Emma>Duke>Baron>Vlod

No drops. A few lame pinks but not what I was hunting, I wanted dragon.

For the second half of the test I did my way of doing feast. Emma>Duke>Baron>RMK. For one this run took an average of 4 minutes shorter to do so there was more time to run the feast. Within the two thrashers I used I recieved a Green Dragon Helm (Emma), a Blue Dragon Armor (Emma), a Green Dragon Armor (Duke) all in two hours time. Not too mention the other 3 drops people in my parties recieved, Golden Dragon Helm, Golden Dragon Armor, Blue Dragon Armor.

So that was 6 drops in 2 hours compared to 0 in 2 hours doing Vlod and Lofus.

Just some stuff to think about :)

You farm for two hours and get 6. I farm for 2 months and get 1. Worst luck player right here<

Oldcoot
03-19-2013, 05:32 PM
I can beat that, I never got one,, yet

Griffinfan
03-19-2013, 05:47 PM
Call me sceptical, but if you had repeated this several times and got the same result, I'd give it more credit.
Are you going to repeat this? Not to dis the work, just sayin one result is not indicative of a pattern.
I find it hard to believe the devs would write code that changes the drop rates based on skipping a couple bosses.

Drop rates are too small to calculate on such a small sample.

And are you the player that has some sort of vendetta against farming Vlod? I can't recall.

If your theory is in respect of Vlod messing up the drop tables, how the heck would the game PREDICT whether or not you are going to farm him or not? You skipping Vlod at the end of the map should have no difference in the drop rates for Emma, Count, Duke, which you farm first. Do you think STS has some sort of time-machine algorithm that predicts that you will skip Vlod, therefore increases the Dragon drop rates on the bosses you kill earlier? That seems pretty unlikely. If STS was that advanced, they all be wining the lottery instead of making games.

In regard to both of you, by no means did I say this was an official test that determined dragon was this or dragon was that, this was just a personal experiment that I did. Yes, I may have gotten lucky but coming from a person who has done many runs in feast (not to brag but, hundreds) and seen dozens of dragon drops, and looted 11 of them, I know my data on dragon drops and who drops them more often.

Regarding Chopper,

Let me tell you a story about our friend Vlod.

About 2-3 months ago there was a rush to feast, everyone farmed it because it was rumored that Vlod had dropped a dragon vanity ( back then they were worth 8mil+). Everyone farmed there who wanted to get rich quick, and they skipped everything and did Vlod only. I did runs with Eclipse back then and we would do them for hours every day, never to get a dragon piece just a bunch of crappy pinks. Two weeks later, yes two weeks, Finally a guildie got a drop. A green armor. This is literally hundreds of runs of Vlod later running THRASHERS!! And big luck!! NO DRAGON! just a bunch of noob pinks nobody wants to buy.

So that brings us to today, I would rather use my thrasher on Emma, Duke, and Baron who have dropped to me all my dragons. I for one don't want to waste my time on the "myth" of great drop rates from Vlod because he drops everyone lots of NOOB pinks!

That is why I dislike Vlod and have had alot of success skipping him.

also regarding the ludicrous algorithm statements, I am just saying that since Vlod has more drops that are crappy pinks maybe that makes his reroll to dragon (mythed to be on a different drop table) less likely, or my hundreds of runs could be wrong and maybe he has amazing drop rates for dragon and we should be killing the vampire by lofus to get them.

You do the runs with Vlod only and let me know what you get.

Ogbuehi
03-19-2013, 05:55 PM
It's all about timing. I have gone one day doing 5 or 6 runs and no pinks dropped. Next day, red dragon armor, red dragon helm, and golden dragon armor dropped. I never know when I'll get one but I will tell you this, shams are what you need if you don't want to do countless runs without ever getting a single dragon armor. This is coming from someone who in less than 1 month now has complete red, blue, golden sets, plus a green helm and golden helm that I've sold.

billybob1
03-19-2013, 05:56 PM
can u retry this test.....with my toon?

u supply the plat kthnxbai

Griffinfan
03-19-2013, 05:58 PM
can u retry this test.....with my toon?

u supply the plat kthnxbai

you supply the money.
lmao

ktnxbai

Roberto077
03-19-2013, 06:55 PM
By the way, those first two pics were taken within 20 minutes of each other.

Suentous PO
03-19-2013, 07:31 PM
These two statements seem to contradict each other,
"by no means did I say this was an official test that determined dragon was this or dragon was that"
And,
" I know my data on dragon drops and who drops them more often."
Not trying to ague but in game rumors can be annoying.

Griffinfan
03-19-2013, 07:41 PM
These two statements seem to contradict each other,
"by no means did I say this was an official test that determined dragon was this or dragon was that"
And,
" I know my data on dragon drops and who drops them more often."
Not trying to ague but in game rumors can be annoying.

it was two different thoughts. this is no rumor just a specualtion of the drop rate of bosses. btw just had two more drops tonight. one to teamate and one too me. ill post pics when i get on comp

McBain
03-19-2013, 07:57 PM
Definitely skip Lofus, because you have to walk so far to get to him and back, he can take a minute to kill, and it seems like most of the time he doesn't drop anything to any player. Killing him is just an extremely inefficient use of time.

Zerious
03-19-2013, 11:11 PM
Back in my day, we didn't have fancy Dragon armor. We stole our sh*beep* from them dern aliens!

Extreme
03-19-2013, 11:13 PM
Give me one.

Deathofan
03-19-2013, 11:30 PM
I can agree with Griffin, that Vlod is a waste of time. The other bosses may not drop loot once or maximum twice per run, but I have seen with my eyes that Dragon pieces usually drop more from the other bosses than vlod. You may see pinks from vlod, but most of them are Recipes or thrash non-set pinks, meanwhile the other bosses do drop set pinks and when you least expect it, a dragon piece.

The Sadness
03-19-2013, 11:53 PM
I dropped 2 dragon in 24 hours, neither from Vlod. I kill Vlod out of habit. For those two drops I had 3x daily combo and bigger luck. Seems bigger luck vanity is what made the difference for me. But, 100% reroll would be even better.

Whatever the conclusion, grats on your drops. Seems paying money for elixir rewards well if that's your cup of tea. If not, wait for combo from daily and use luck vanity. Like I said, I dropped 2 dragons within probably 3 hours of actual farming.

Good luck all.

Suentous PO
03-20-2013, 12:07 AM
I can see if it's just getting more bosses in a better time rate, but still, sometimes random is just that. I went a full weekend on shamus once dragon farming and got nothing and saw none drop. This weekend I got a red armor off lufus with no reroll.

Ogbuehi
03-20-2013, 08:06 AM
I will agree with some of the above. Out of all my runs I've ever done in feast, Lufus has never dropped a pink anyone I've seen and I've never seen Vlod drop a dragon on anyone, just junk pinks. I do still kill Lufus and Vlod just because I'm kind of a completionist and I feel like any day now they will each give me a dragon because they "owe" (statistically) me after killing them so many times.

wammm
03-20-2013, 09:08 AM
We call it the pro runs :p. Pretty much tested (without using thrashers).

skrapicoco
03-20-2013, 10:12 AM
A vid while testing this is likely realistic than SS

Fusionstrike
03-20-2013, 11:30 AM
I will agree with some of the above. Out of all my runs I've ever done in feast, Lufus has never dropped a pink anyone I've seen and I've never seen Vlod drop a dragon on anyone, just junk pinks. I do still kill Lufus and Vlod just because I'm kind of a completionist and I feel like any day now they will each give me a dragon because they "owe" (statistically) me after killing them so many times.

I have received a dragon drop from Vlod (blue helm) but never anything from Lofus even though others swear by him. I think it's just such a small sample size that people tend to feel good about the ones they personally happened to get lucky with.

It is however a good question to ask what the most efficient use of time is. Can you squeeze out more chances skipping the long walk to Lofus? It's really all about maximizing chances per unit time with low rate items like this.

And we do know that Vlod has different drop rules in that he always gives everyone a drop. Does this mean that dragons pop out less often though, either because of an intentional difference the devs put in or the other drops "getting in the way" somehow? We're never going to know that definitively unless a dev reads the code and tells us. It would take 10s of thousands of experiments to produce a statistically valid conclusion.

Griffinfan
03-20-2013, 11:41 AM
I can see if it's just getting more bosses in a better time rate, but still, sometimes random is just that. I went a full weekend on shamus once dragon farming and got nothing and saw none drop. This weekend I got a red armor off lufus with no reroll.

join my runs with the shamus, you wont be disappointed. Me Wamm Boot and others farmed for 1 1/2 hours with emma>duke>baron and got two drops (gold and green)

Bunnyshoota
03-20-2013, 02:38 PM
you should give me one