PDA

View Full Version : Off tank bear or fox

Omgwdfholypoop
03-19-2013, 04:17 PM
Fairly new to game but I think that's what it is called, basically I want to be tankier but still do decent damage, and was wondering if a bear off tank or a fox offtank is better for leveling,farming, and bossing at 50+.

Deathofan
03-19-2013, 04:22 PM
If you need tank and dmg level up as a dex bear.. You'll have a great experience leveling as a bear.

Omgwdfholypoop
03-19-2013, 04:44 PM
If you need tank and dmg level up as a dex bear.. You'll have a great experience leveling as a bear.

Full dex? Judging from everyone at this lvl 70+ place it's like 2/3 str and 1/3 dex.

Also a end game bear with 400 dps and a bird with 400 dps, how much more damage would a bird do around? I know they have a like .30-.50 time faster so we"re looking at 1/3-1/2 more damage over bears? 1/3 more damage for lack of survivability doesn't seem very appealing to me :/

zzjoshzz
03-19-2013, 04:47 PM
Full dex? Judging from everyone at this lvl 70+ place it's like 2/3 str and 1/3 dex.

Enuf str for gears rest in dex

Sent from my One V using Tapatalk 2

Omgwdfholypoop
03-19-2013, 04:58 PM
So bears get roughly 400 damage and 400 dps but only like 80% hit with 280-300 armor

Foxes get like 250-300damage 250 armor but 650 dps with speed skills, does it basically come down to bear = little more survivability and foxes little more damage?

Deathofan
03-19-2013, 05:06 PM
Like josh said, enought str to equip strengh gear rest dexterity. On certain situations where you need dmg, you can always equip a str helm and armor and a strong bow (i prefer xbow over recurve). From level 50 and above you will most likely have 100+ hit %. Examples: l50 rift set, l55 Fury Fighter, l56-60 glyph of the big top all of them offer good hit % and are affordable to anyone.

Omgwdfholypoop
03-19-2013, 05:15 PM
Like josh said, enought str to equip strengh gear rest dexterity. On certain situations where you need dmg, you can always equip a str helm and armor and a strong bow (i prefer xbow over recurve). From level 50 and above you will most likely have 100+ hit %. Examples: l50 rift set, l55 Fury Fighter, l56-60 glyph of the big top all of them offer good hit % and are affordable to anyone.

Ahh kk makes sense, my main question now is, with exact same stats/equips, would a off tank fox be almost as good or equal to a off tank bear? (Survivability/damage wise) and be able to hold aggro and such? I love fox's look and armor over bears which is why I ask

Deathofan
03-19-2013, 05:31 PM
Ahh kk makes sense, my main question now is, with exact same stats/equips, would a off tank fox be almost as good or equal to a off tank bear? (Survivability/damage wise) and be able to hold aggro and such? I love fox's look and armor over bears which is why I ask
The bear is definately better in armor/damage-wise. The bear has a skill named "taunt" that holds the aggro of all the enemies who were inside a 12 meter range and also buffs your dodge (# depends on taunt's level) and it's stackable if you keep pressing it. The bear also has "Iron Blood" which boosts your armor by 40 (if level 6) which will help you aggro masses of mobs and take less damage. Another wonderfull skill is "rage" which boosts both your damage and critical imensely, the more damage you cause the more aggro you will hold. You also have 3 slashes that have a very small cooldown and crushing blow (reduces opponent's dodge and dmg). And lastly you have beckon, which will pull all your enemies towards you and can finish with stomp that causes a great Area-of-effect combo. This is just a brief description, once you get onto it you will find very nice secrets and combos.

Deathofan
03-19-2013, 05:35 PM

And by dex bear I meant bow bear (str equips with a bow).

Omgwdfholypoop
03-19-2013, 06:23 PM
And by dex bear I meant bow bear (str equips with a bow).

Alright cool, what exactly can a fox do better? Can he play dps bruiser best at least with dagger/shield?

CrimsonTider
03-19-2013, 06:43 PM
This ought to get you started:

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?30624-Meet-Mrwallacejr&highlight=mrwallace