PDA

View Full Version : What I'm usually seeing in PvP nowadays...

Reunegade
03-19-2013, 05:08 PM
This is what i'm seeing in PvP.

Example A:
Me: hey everybody! I rush.
*rushes someone*
Guy #1: Wtf dude u gunna pay
Guy #2: Oooooo he rush team him guys everybody rusher alert

Example B:
*rushes other team*
Guy #1: Dude wtf gimme free
Me: Nty
Guy #1: ok everybody team this nub
*I die*
Guy #2: lmfao this guy got no skill lulz

Example C:
(person who has never pvped before comes in)
new pvper: hi!
Guy #1: lulz free kilz
*new pvper dies*
Guy #2: lol he sux ***
new pvper: that was mean
Guy #1: stfu stay still gimme more kills

Example D:
*I walk into forest fight room*
Guy #1: this guy rush me be4 he sux ballz lmfao
*kills me*
Guy #1: NUUB! LMFAO u nevr gunna be good as me
Guy #2: lulz and (guy #1) always says go lmfao

Example E:
*walks into forest fight room*
Me: hello
Guy #1: hi u lok strong join our teem to kil nub
Guy #2: woh luk my kdr 10-1 i so strong

90% of the time this is what happens when I get on my iPad after I finish hmwk. I have a couple logical reasons as to why these people are being this way:
Noob farming:
A. To look cool
B. To boost kdr
C. Make them feel bad (cyber-bullying)
Opposing rushers:
A. an always say "go" nub
B. thinks that "go" is the only way to pvp
C. hates being fought unexpectedly
Bullying noobs:
A. To look cool
B. Make them feel bad (cyber-bullying)

I gave PL a second chance, but if this goes on forever, I'm never coming back.

Promagin
03-19-2013, 05:10 PM
BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA u funny

Reunegade
03-19-2013, 05:12 PM

Loaden
03-19-2013, 08:14 PM
Like a Phoenix reborned.
Ashes, to thrashed.

Rushing isn't illegal.
Rushing is how this game was meant to be played.

D-:
03-19-2013, 09:12 PM
This really does happen...

http://i1276.photobucket.com/albums/y480/Vohcab/2318c361bebae9c53d2c2d633bffb69b_zps54047c1b.jpg

http://i1276.photobucket.com/albums/y480/Vohcab/700bc1d698a4bb105667520a31d13f4c_zps892dde74.jpg

http://i1276.photobucket.com/albums/y480/Vohcab/364b9ee098dbbdc05847afe8ddeac12b_zps130071d9.jpg

This happened after I rushed him and he couldn't kill me, he was an 18 bear, I was a 20 bird. He couldn't kill me, so these were the results.

XghostzX
03-19-2013, 09:15 PM
I feel ya, Reun. Pocket Legends PvP has been like this for awhile. Unfortunately, PvP is not properly set up for FFA arenas, and even though we the players can technically do something, it's virtually impossible to change what it is now.

Honestly, I love the devs, but I do blame it on them. They've known this issue forever, and there are so many basic solutions:

-Disable Chat in some PvP Maps
-Can only PvP once there are an even amount of teams
-Add some incentive to PvPing. Possibly like in Super Smash Brothers, you have a time limit and have to get the most kills, etc. In Order and Chaos, you can enter the arena and be paired off with a random team (2v2 or 4v4) and the goal was to kill the other team. You'd win arena points which can be used to obtain PvP gear. Now THAT'S an incentive.
-Protected by an "invisible wall" before the match begins to give everyone a fair advantage
-Don't make PvP primarily based off of teams - make it everyone for themselves.

I hate it when people say "mute the person." I'm not going to mute every single person I see that gets pissed when I rush.

Not to mention the fact that some people have reputations in game. If they get caught rushing, it for some reason makes them look really bad. Again; this can be resolved by making PvP more fun, balanced and implementing different ideas/PvP modes.

Do what I do when I twink, and make your own games. If people call you "noob" or start to team you, just boot them. (I sometimes enjoy playing against one or more people based on what class is OP...)

What ticks me off most is that people develop these huge egos. I suppose this is a bit off topic of you're thread, Reun, but I'm on a roll right now. When classes go unbalanced, the class that's OP everyone sides towards (Birds < bears < mage < Fox/Rhino) ---> this is referring to end game PvP. Birds have the biggest ego's in game. I'm not going to name off people, but one person in particular whose thread was recently locked on the forums would constantly brag about how he was the "best." For using the most OP class with the most OP gear (capable of dodging 3/4 the time when buffed and one-shot killing), he would annoy those by hiding behind a tree. This was his way of luring others.

I'm just sick of PvP is all. Like I said, I was on a roll Reun :D I could go on.

Deadbite
03-19-2013, 09:22 PM
I always say what's rushing?? Then I kill them. They have to say please for a free tho ;) also in ctf today I joined and basically killed everybody on a rhino. Pro right?? Actually I suck but anyways ctf is the only game mode where it is always ffa!!! If you want 1v1 go to dm. Kinda annoying when I just want to have a fun 3v3 game but everyone's all like nuuuu 1v1s or u nub.

Extreme
03-19-2013, 09:23 PM
Lol!

Zerious
03-19-2013, 09:24 PM
Personally, I've gone back and forth from go's and rushing.
1. If i get rushed then i simply laugh and declare ffa (i start rushing)
2. if they declare they rush, I rush them XD.
3. If it's calm, i wait and say "go" if that's what kinda lobby it is, or wait for scenario 1 or 2 to happen
4. If i get teamed then i whip out the trolling tactics like hugging, barreling, or even corner blocking and pick them off one by one if i can.

This is how i enjoy pvp and live among both rushers and goers peacefully :3

XghostzX
03-19-2013, 09:25 PM
I always say what's rushing?? Then I kill them. They have to say please for a free tho ;) also in ctf today I joined and basically killed everybody on a rhino. Pro right?? Actually I suck but anyways ctf is the only game mode where it is always ffa!!! If you want 1v1 go to dm. Kinda annoying when I just want to have a fun 3v3 game but everyone's all like nuuuu 1v1s or u nub.

This is what I stated above. In CTF, there's a different objective other than just killing. That's why it's CTF... nobody 1v1's in CTF to get the flag like a chess game. "If I beat you, I get to move 5 pixels up." Imagine that...

Zerious
03-19-2013, 09:27 PM
This is what I stated above. In CTF, there's a different objective other than just killing. That's why it's CTF... nobody 1v1's in CTF to get the flag like a chess game. "If I beat you, I get to move 5 pixels up." Imagine that...

oh yeah ctf: I ALWAYS go for the flag. ALWAYS. If someone says go i score the flag then go (buffs OP), If i get rushed, I abuse the flag buff XD

Deadbite
03-19-2013, 09:33 PM
I quit endgame because of all the egos it's there in twinking but it is just alot more fun to burst there egos and let them know they are nit better than anyone just cause they boost of noobs. and its the best to own them with a rhino or fox it normally gets them cussing which I just take a handy dandy screen shot of. Also a story of how pvp has hope. Today I was playing in my rhino. Secret name. But I was in a game and some bear with a SBL comes up to me and says go. Naturally I accepted it with the words "woah sbl!!!" And I won. Kinda cause I was using plat pack gear. Later next game he puls out a for fbow after I asked him to. Challanges are fun right?? He promptly owns me. ;) it's a 15 game btw. Later on I switch teams to be with a friend and I notice that he's level 12. It just blew my mind seeing a 12 in a 15 game fighting a 20 rhino not only using a snow ball launcher for first fight. But for having the guts to challenge him self. The guys kdr was not even 1.5. But he had 11k kills. He had real skill and I could tell did not "boost noobs". I'm glad to still see people with real class in pvp. Very rare in twinking.

Deadbite
03-19-2013, 09:36 PM

That's kinda how it is in twinking I relize we are talking about 10-25 vrs 71-76 but I think ctf should always be ctf not this 1v1 stuff it's fun at times but we all want that chaotic fun mess o ctf once in a while.

Zerious
03-19-2013, 09:45 PM
endgame is balls... Twinking is for PEEEEEEIMPs :eagerness:

razerfingers
03-19-2013, 09:58 PM
i hate in pvp im chlling there i have 100 kills 75 deaths we're chatting a low level new player joins people are liek ew nub rush rush rush so then i check his stats and saw it was 1-65 thats kinda jacked. how is he supose to feel accompished when he's gonna have to triple his deaths in order to make it positive and feel good about pvp. you dig?

Zerious
03-19-2013, 10:04 PM
i hate in pvp im chlling there i have 100 kills 75 deaths we're chatting a low level new player joins people are liek ew nub rush rush rush so then i check his stats and saw it was 1-65 thats kinda jacked. how is he supose to feel accompished when he's gonna have to triple his deaths in order to make it positive and feel good about pvp. you dig?

we were all there once

razerfingers
03-19-2013, 10:08 PM
we were all there once

fair enough but its always the ones with forgotten bows that are like "noob" "im so pro" "gtfo full" and its ironic how you ask them if they have any other weapon and they dont. apparently if you dont have forgotten you get rushed aswell because they think they're godly lol. especially birds. birds use to take skill at 30-40 now its like why bother theres so many of them lol.

Zerious
03-19-2013, 10:40 PM
fair enough but its always the ones with forgotten bows that are like "noob" "im so pro" "gtfo full" and its ironic how you ask them if they have any other weapon and they dont. apparently if you dont have forgotten you get rushed aswell because they think they're godly lol. especially birds. birds use to take skill at 30-40 now its like why bother theres so many of them lol.

that's why i still run troll builds and fight like one. Hug dem trees, block them with corners! IT'S ALL STRATEGY!

razerfingers
03-20-2013, 01:38 AM
that's why i still run troll builds and fight like one. Hug dem trees, block them with corners! IT'S ALL STRATEGY!

Im not dat talented dewd. Multi tasking hugging trees then spaming skills is hard dewd. I only haz two handz ;) but seriously it is kinda hard to get use to.

Sent using blood on a bathroom wall

RangingMantis
03-20-2013, 01:58 AM
This is what i'm seeing in PvP.

Example A:
*rushes someone*
Guy #1: Wtf dude u gunna pay
Guy #2: Oooooo he rush team him guys everybody rusher alert

Example B:
*rushes other team*
Guy #1: Dude wtf gimme free
Me: Nty
Guy #1: ok everybody team this nub
*I die*
Guy #2: lmfao this guy got no skill lulz

Example C:
(person who has never pvped before comes in)
new pvper: hi!
Guy #1: lulz free kilz
*new pvper dies*
Guy #2: lol he sux ***
new pvper: that was mean
Guy #1: stfu stay still gimme more kills

Example D:
*I walk into forest fight room*
Guy #1: this guy rush me be4 he sux ballz lmfao
*kills me*
Guy #1: NUUB! LMFAO u nevr gunna be good as me
Guy #2: lulz and (guy #1) always says go lmfao

Example E:
*walks into forest fight room*
Me: hello
Guy #1: hi u lok strong join our teem to kil nub
Guy #2: woh luk my kdr 10-1 i so strong

90% of the time this is what happens when I get on my iPad after I finish hmwk. I have a couple logical reasons as to why these people are being this way:
Noob farming:
A. To look cool
B. To boost kdr
C. Make them feel bad (cyber-bullying)
Opposing rushers:
A. an always say "go" nub
B. thinks that "go" is the only way to pvp
C. hates being fought unexpectedly
Bullying noobs:
A. To look cool
B. Make them feel bad (cyber-bullying)

I gave PL a second chance, but if this goes on forever, I'm never coming back.

If you were a D.O.G like me you wouldn't give a F, about any of this.
Dogs rule. We own all :mad:

Riccits
03-20-2013, 02:03 AM
nowadays? its been so since a while xD

Kixxler
03-20-2013, 02:51 AM
If you were a D.O.G like me you wouldn't give a F, about any of this.
Dogs rule. We own all :mad:

Except dogs run away from vacuum cleaners.

dudetus
03-20-2013, 05:03 AM
I feel ya, Reun. Pocket Legends PvP has been like this for awhile. Unfortunately, PvP is not properly set up for FFA arenas, and even though we the players can technically do something, it's virtually impossible to change what it is now.

Honestly, I love the devs, but I do blame it on them. They've known this issue forever, and there are so many basic solutions:

-Add some incentive to PvPing. Possibly like in Super Smash Brothers, you have a time limit and have to get the most kills, etc. In Order and Chaos, you can enter the arena and be paired off with a random team (2v2 or 4v4) and the goal was to kill the other team. You'd win arena points which can be used to obtain PvP gear. Now THAT'S an incentive.
-Protected by an "invisible wall" before the match begins to give everyone a fair advantage

I hate it when people say "mute the person." I'm not going to mute every single person I see that gets pissed when I rush.

Not to mention the fact that some people have reputations in game. If they get caught rushing, it for some reason makes them look really bad. Again; this can be resolved by making PvP more fun, balanced and implementing different ideas/PvP modes.

Do what I do when I twink, and make your own games. If people call you "noob" or start to team you, just boot them. (I sometimes enjoy playing against one or more people based on what class is OP...)

What ticks me off most is that people develop these huge egos. I suppose this is a bit off topic of you're thread, Reun, but I'm on a roll right now. When classes go unbalanced, the class that's OP everyone sides towards (Birds < bears < mage < Fox/Rhino) ---> this is referring to end game PvP. Birds have the biggest ego's in game. I'm not going to name off people, but one person in particular whose thread was recently locked on the forums would constantly brag about how he was the "best." For using the most OP class with the most OP gear (capable of dodging 3/4 the time when buffed and one-shot killing), he would annoy those by hiding behind a tree. This was his way of luring others.

I'm just sick of PvP is all. Like I said, I was on a roll Reun :D I could go on.

- In some maps a mute would be fun to have as it would increase ffa possibilities. But I do enjoy sometimes the chat either just for joking with friends or to see the immense rage as I suddenly rush an unexpected victim. Not for all, but for like 1 dm and 1 ctf map.

-Incentives would be nice (aka PvP gear). I like SWtORs PvP. It has a special expertize stat which increses the damage done and reduces damage received in short, in PvP only. U can buy PvP gear from vendors, starter pack is purchased with money, and the good stuff is purchased with "commendations" which u gain by playing PvP. The amount of commendations u get from a single pvp game depends on how much medals u get and if u win the match or not. Gaining medals is essential and gaining medals isn't just killing mindlessly. Best way to gain those medals is to play objectives, so it encourages all of PvPers to play objective in order to get maximum medals and therefore commendations. Teamplay is all which matters. Best form of PvP.

But for PL PvP gear is impossible. The ones who haven't PvPed enough to receive PvP gear will be all like "boohooooo that guy has advantage over me". The player base is just too immature for PvP gear. Perhaps it could be a vanity set gained from kills but it would arouse huge negativity if that gear would even give 1 dmg or 1 armor. A bit complicated but some recognition would be nice.

-Would reduce "noob farming" in general and would be nice alltogether. But it would be kinda boring to just wait for full teams. And what if someone leaves during game? Another wall?

- I personally enjoy playing with my friends who know how to play the darn gane. Sure it would be easier for the opposing team but what use is to have lots of friends in PvP but not being able to play with them? Maybe same sort of thing as in muted games, 1 dm map and 1 ctf map.

And about classes, it's true that there are lots of birds in end game atm as they are op but as mages were insanely op during fang cap, almost every game consisted from like 4 mages, 1 bear and 1 archer. It's a bit different atm as every single class is capable of one or two shotting. Mages drain can still be 1 hit kill vs Birds, bears can beckon + stomp kill almost everyone. It's just that Birds most damaging skills are instant whereas mages and bears top damage skills require more time to cast. I would have rolled with my bird even if this cap we were as underpowered as we were during Fang cap as I love it. And the arrogance may be explained by the possibility to dodge and just spam skills. It's more luck based than ever. Heck, yesterday I was able to wipe out a 4 man group in castle keep away with 1 mage heal. It's just ridiculous.

Reunegade
03-20-2013, 06:44 AM
I disagree about the mute thing; communication would be impossible. As for the trash talking, maybe auto-mute for an hour? And I'm saying like gtfo, stfu, all those mean acronyms :)

Yich
03-20-2013, 06:49 AM
I love me some good trash talk.

XghostzX
03-20-2013, 07:11 AM

- In some maps a mute would be fun to have as it would increase ffa possibilities. But I do enjoy sometimes the chat either just for joking with friends or to see the immense rage as I suddenly rush an unexpected victim. Not for all, but for like 1 dm and 1 ctf map.

-Incentives would be nice (aka PvP gear). I like SWtORs PvP. It has a special expertize stat which increses the damage done and reduces damage received in short, in PvP only. U can buy PvP gear from vendors, starter pack is purchased with money, and the good stuff is purchased with "commendations" which u gain by playing PvP. The amount of commendations u get from a single pvp game depends on how much medals u get and if u win the match or not. Gaining medals is essential and gaining medals isn't just killing mindlessly. Best way to gain those medals is to play objectives, so it encourages all of PvPers to play objective in order to get maximum medals and therefore commendations. Teamplay is all which matters. Best form of PvP.

But for PL PvP gear is impossible. The ones who haven't PvPed enough to receive PvP gear will be all like "boohooooo that guy has advantage over me". The player base is just too immature for PvP gear. Perhaps it could be a vanity set gained from kills but it would arouse huge negativity if that gear would even give 1 dmg or 1 armor. A bit complicated but some recognition would be nice.

-Would reduce "noob farming" in general and would be nice alltogether. But it would be kinda boring to just wait for full teams. And what if someone leaves during game? Another wall?

- I personally enjoy playing with my friends who know how to play the darn gane. Sure it would be easier for the opposing team but what use is to have lots of friends in PvP but not being able to play with them? Maybe same sort of thing as in muted games, 1 dm map and 1 ctf map.

And about classes, it's true that there are lots of birds in end game atm as they are op but as mages were insanely op during fang cap, almost every game consisted from like 4 mages, 1 bear and 1 archer. It's a bit different atm as every single class is capable of one or two shotting. Mages drain can still be 1 hit kill vs Birds, bears can beckon + stomp kill almost everyone. It's just that Birds most damaging skills are instant whereas mages and bears top damage skills require more time to cast. I would have rolled with my bird even if this cap we were as underpowered as we were during Fang cap as I love it. And the arrogance may be explained by the possibility to dodge and just spam skills. It's more luck based than ever. Heck, yesterday I was able to wipe out a 4 man group in castle keep away with 1 mage heal. It's just ridiculous.

-I'm not saying every map would have the mute to it. A vast majority.. Nobody realizes that there's this thing called a "1v1 map."

-PL pvp gear is highly logical. I don't think STS players would have a problem with that. You hear sts players complaining about elite vanities because it's all about money. In PvP, it's actually fun. It doesn't feel like a chore. The problem is that STS is not going to want to actually do the work for this.

-Again, some maps would be like this. I'd rather have a fair game and wait, then for it to be a pointless game where haters are all over you. Ever try AL PvP? There's a huge community, it wouldn't take long to even out a game. A matter of 60 seconds.

-Again, this doesn't go for every map.

-Dudetus, these classes of being OP is out of hand. Mages used to have the upper hand, but it still wasn't a walk through the park. If you play end game as a mage, you become pro by hiding behind trees and walls. That wasn't the case back then even when mages were slightly more OP. In facts, birds that were highly skilled had no problem competing (I'm thinking of Dolloway and Kanital).

dudetus
03-20-2013, 08:12 AM
-I'm not saying every map would have the mute to it. A vast majority.. Nobody realizes that there's this thing called a "1v1 map."

-PL pvp gear is highly logical. I don't think STS players would have a problem with that. You hear sts players complaining about elite vanities because it's all about money. In PvP, it's actually fun. It doesn't feel like a chore. The problem is that STS is not going to want to actually do the work for this.

-Again, some maps would be like this. I'd rather have a fair game and wait, then for it to be a pointless game where haters are all over you. Ever try AL PvP? There's a huge community, it wouldn't take long to even out a game. A matter of 60 seconds.

-Again, this doesn't go for every map.

-Dudetus, these classes of being OP is out of hand. Mages used to have the upper hand, but it still wasn't a walk through the park. If you play end game as a mage, you become pro by hiding behind trees and walls. That wasn't the case back then even when mages were slightly more OP. In facts, birds that were highly skilled had no problem competing (I'm thinking of Dolloway and Kanital).

-Only possibility for PvP gear would be vanities. STS doesn't want competing items for PvE gear as PvE is their main source of money due to elixir usage. And vanities do not need a certain lvl (well, except Dragon gear). If vanities gave stats, then the vanities should be lvl required (perhaps lvl 60 like Dragon gear) as especially low lvl twinking would be harmed. I do not know if u originally meant vanities such I did but actual gear isn't an option.

I do recognize that end game is out of control. And during Fang cap I didn't find the situation hopeless as a Bird, but Archers were underdogs vs. every other class and especially mages. IMO in Humania cap the classes were quite equal with an exception of STR gears damage which gave bears and pallies an upperhand. Or maybe I just became a better player overall.

prouzi
03-20-2013, 09:45 AM
I would really agree to this. Everytime a guy rush you, and laughs? You would obvious rush him back -_-. But the problem is, when you kill the guy for 3 times, he totally shut the hell up, he won't even speak anything. But when the first time he kills you, he trash talks the whole time saying that you suck or you are easy. I mean, cmon, lets be realistic, we own you stop saying that we are easy.

floats
03-20-2013, 10:33 AM
SSB ftw! <3 heheh

Zerious
03-20-2013, 11:56 AM
Im not dat talented dewd. Multi tasking hugging trees then spaming skills is hard dewd. I only haz two handz ;) but seriously it is kinda hard to get use to.

been doin it since 2010 XD

razerfingers
03-20-2013, 12:56 PM
been doin it since 2010 XD

Explain to me why theres so many toy birds around lol.

mejslll
03-20-2013, 12:58 PM

cant say enough how great these ideas are... great post

Zerious
03-20-2013, 05:44 PM
Explain to me why theres so many toy birds around lol.

well they wreck, and prolly just want style points, otherwise they'd proly being using monkey paws instaed.... I was considering making the switch myself, but alas, i has no monies and no one wants to buy my lvl 20 purp toy

Itoopeo
03-20-2013, 06:37 PM
Lmao i got rushed by L55 bear and i was playing on my L50 rhino (full rift set and shield+scimitar) he was trying to kill me for like 10minutes but i just kept healing and laughing so he just said fk off and left the game :D most lame rusher ever

XghostzX
03-21-2013, 10:31 PM
Nature's first green is gold.
Her hardest hue to hold.
Her early leaf's a flower
but only so an hour.
Then leaf subsides to leaf.
And Eden sank to greif.
Then dawn goes down to day.
Nothing gold can stay.

:dread:

Fallen_Chisk_Angels
03-21-2013, 10:58 PM
Ignore them and just keep rushing...

Phoenixking
03-22-2013, 12:08 AM
1v1 maps always have a spawner so it's an unfair game but if everything you said was implemented the 1v1 would easily work out

pvp gear isn't really a good idea, this will give people bigger incentive into farming newbie pvpers and a lot of people will definitely complain, people have complained over the exclusivity of a vanity that was given for free they'll definitely complain over pvp gear. Sadly there will always be complainers so I think sts prefer doing nothing and having complainers then doing something and having complainers

Randomguy
03-22-2013, 12:11 AM
i rush birds with my 56 and get tons of kills,but when mages go ffa, im a goner

Wontwang
03-22-2013, 03:09 AM
Bewareirush is famous for this -.- but idk he rushes everyone, even other rushers that rushes 'pros' this dude is erratic.

MightyMicah
03-22-2013, 05:27 AM
@Reun Stop pvping at level 12 and join me at 50. You're very right about this post. There are a lot of bullies out there, especially around levels 12-17 and 30-40. It's hard to know who's a good guy and who's not sometimes.

Honestly I'm even struggling with that right now. You say all this as if you don't act like this as well. You can't diss these other guys and then go act just like them; that's called hypocracy. If you join me at 50 and I see that you're different than all of these other guys, you've got a friend to back you for life. I know for a fact there's a lot of other cool guys at 50 who'd be willing to back you up as well. :)

Reunegade
03-22-2013, 06:46 AM
lol i don't pvp at 12 anymore :) I'm way too poor to afford any lv 50 shadow cave gear lol thats why I do lv 55

Since I didn't start playing from the beginning, yes, at one point I did think that the only way to pvp was to say "go". But now I realize that any kind of pvp is accepted.

MightyMicah
03-22-2013, 08:41 AM
lol i don't pvp at 12 anymore :) I'm way too poor to afford any lv 50 shadow cave gear lol thats why I do lv 55

Since I didn't start playing from the beginning, yes, at one point I did think that the only way to pvp was to say "go". But now I realize that any kind of pvp is accepted.

Dude! Cyber is free. I'll even grind with you to get it if you want :)

What's wrong with saying go?

Zerious
03-22-2013, 01:44 PM
Nature's first green is gold.
Her hardest hue to hold.
Her early leaf's a flower
but only so an hour.
Then leaf subsides to leaf.
And Eden sank to greif.
Then dawn goes down to day.
Nothing gold can stay.

:dread:

Stay gold.... Ponyboy....

Reunegade
03-22-2013, 03:38 PM
Dude! Cyber is free. I'll even grind with you to get it if you want :)

What's wrong with saying go?
Nothing wrong. I'm just saying that almost everybody in 10-17 pvp can't get over the fact that "go" isn't the only way of pvping.

Oskitopee
03-22-2013, 04:18 PM
PL PVP: Too much talking (trash talking, "go", etc.), everybody goes crazy if they get killed one time, rushing occurs, and feelings get hurt. (Not me, talking about other ppl who say "lag" or whatever. ) PvP is way too dramatic.

Any other MMO PvP: Hardly anyone talking, no one cares if u "rush" them or just kill them, deaths don't really count, and you have an honor system. Feelings don't get hurt this way and its actually FUN and not dramatic.

Reunegade
03-22-2013, 04:21 PM
Exactly, Oskitopee.

Yich
03-22-2013, 05:15 PM
PL PVP: Too much talking (trash talking, "go", etc.), everybody goes crazy if they get killed one time, rushing occurs, and feelings get hurt. (Not me, talking about other ppl who say "lag" or whatever. ) PvP is way too dramatic.

Any other MMO PvP: Hardly anyone talking, no one cares if u "rush" them or just kill them, deaths don't really count, and you have an honor system. Feelings don't get hurt this way and its actually FUN and not dramatic.

Dont blame it on the community, blame it on the developers for making PvP so poorly.

MightyMicah
03-22-2013, 05:32 PM

Every other mmo has one on one dueling.

However, you make a point. Honestly, if people rush me, I kill them. But I don't get mad and start raging and all that. I just quietly fight back. Not to lift myself up (I learned from the true pvpers so I can't claim anything) but I think that should be the model. Everybody fight how they like to fight and just not get SO involved in the game. It IS a game after all, you know? ;)

Zerious
03-22-2013, 07:47 PM
Every other mmo has one on one dueling.

However, you make a point. Honestly, if people rush me, I kill them. But I don't get mad and start raging and all that. I just quietly fight back. Not to lift myself up (I learned from the true pvpers so I can't claim anything) but I think that should be the model. Everybody fight how they like to fight and just not get SO involved in the game. It IS a game after all, you know? ;)
P.S. Zerious is super-duper hawt :eagerness:

Yes I agree, with both of your statements

Walkhardd
03-22-2013, 08:00 PM
If you're going to rush, you need thick skin. Its that simple.

However, if you rush long enough, without talking trash, most people actually become pretty friendly.

I have a 66 bird I always ffa with. At first, I would get called all kinds of names. Eventually it pretty much stopped completely.

p.s my 66 bird is "kite" :p

Oskitopee
03-22-2013, 08:28 PM
idk if someone other than me said this earlier in thread, but i think TALKING is the factor that's making PvP an unpleasant experience for some. We seriously should have the option to stop chat in PvP zone if we want. Seriously, i hate when people say the most childish catchphrases after they "win" or rush.

MightyMicah
03-22-2013, 08:43 PM
idk if someone other than me said this earlier in thread, but i think TALKING is the factor that's making PvP an unpleasant experience for some. We seriously should have the option to stop chat in PvP zone if we want. Seriously, i hate when people say the most childish catchphrases after they "win" or rush.

Having to option to turn it on or off would be genius! During a glitch after the Humania release there was a time when you could get your chat log to completely disappear. I loved it! I could mute out all the potty mouths. Then the update came and I realized it was a bug...

Zerious
03-23-2013, 12:54 AM
Having to option to turn it on or off would be genius! During a glitch after the Humania release there was a time when you could get your chat log to completely disappear. I loved it! I could mute out all the potty mouths. Then the update came and I realized Zerious was super-duper hawt...

Yeah that would be cool, but I find it hilarious hen people get mad or full of themselves over a game. And you're awfully kind Micah.

Reunegade
03-23-2013, 08:23 AM
Having to option to turn it on or off would be genius! During a glitch after the Humania release there was a time when you could get your chat log to completely disappear. I loved it! I could mute out all the potty mouths. Then the update came and I realized that Reun was hawtter than Zerious...

Lol I loved that glitch. And thanks for the kind words, I appreciate it!

floats
03-23-2013, 09:55 AM
I agree to this.....or how bout censored some words. Both good ideas to me.

angeldawn
03-23-2013, 10:10 AM
Sorry Ghost.....
I still don't think getting rid of the chat function would help. Ppl will find another way to signal they are ready. I do like the idea of being able to turn it off.

I also don't think an invisible wall will work either. The other team can just have a friend come and take up a spot on your team and sit allowing you to get teamed 3v2 like they do now. Unless sts can implement an auto boot if player doesn't attack.

I think there can be problems with anything implemented. It's the players attitude and game play that needs to change.

Still love u though :)

Onagiabef
03-23-2013, 02:27 PM
I just want to ctf after a long day of work. It's a break from rl for me. Win or lose Supposed to be FUN. I'm tired of all the he said she said stuff and everyone telling me to pick a side. I just want flags man

XghostzX
03-23-2013, 03:37 PM
Sorry Ghost.....
I still don't think getting rid of the chat function would help. Ppl will find another way to signal they are ready. I do like the idea of being able to turn it off.

I also don't think an invisible wall will work either. The other team can just have a friend come and take up a spot on your team and sit allowing you to get teamed 3v2 like they do now. Unless sts can implement an auto boot if player doesn't attack.

I think there can be problems with anything implemented. It's the players attitude and game play that needs to change.

Still love u though :)

I appreciate devil's advocate :) That what every MMO needs in order to make it work.

Then here's an alternative solution:

In Order and Chaos, there's a function on the main screen that allows you to press a button "2v2 Arena" or "4v4 Arena." Basically what happens is that when you choose the option you want, the PvP system tracks down other players that have also chosen this Arena option. The game only sends you to the PvP Arena once there are is a full game (enough people have chosen to participate). In the meantime, you can continue to do whatever you're already doing. (Sorry if this is all worded poorly.) I think this would influence FFA play, because the games could be based on a Point system, where you can turn in your points for fun Vanities (and vanities only.) Losing does you no harm, as this would simply emphasize FFA play. Because the Arena is a game where once you die, you can't get back, it would greatly influence others to rely on pure strategy. One of the reasons that people hate rushing is because once somebody dies, they're always relatively close to the person's spawn point. It would force others to know how they should play with different classes... in Pocket Legend's sake, a 5v5 would be fun. Every player on the winning team would receive points then.

Somebody play devil's advocate :)

It's too hard to change the player's attitude when the players have already "implemented" the go system (along with trolling and trash talking). I'd rather STS implement something new and take the risk.

Reunegade
03-23-2013, 04:31 PM
Maybe FFA everyone for themselves?

Oskitopee
03-24-2013, 09:12 AM
this game is targeted toward children, but many adults play. Combine maturity with immaturity, and i think that's what is making PvP so unpleasant. We got people trying to act mature when in reality they are just children. I don't have a problem with kids, I just have a problem with immature ones. All the trashtalking comes from immaturity.
And the go system. If u used "go" in a fight irl, it would be like this:
Fighter1: Good day, would you like to spar?
fighter2: Why yes, I would. Are you ready to begin?
fighter1: Why yes, I am, thank you. Let us commence.

When in reality, it should be like this:
fighter1: (blank)
fighter2: (blank)

MightyMicah
03-25-2013, 04:35 PM
this game is targeted toward children, but many adults play. Combine maturity with immaturity, and i think that's what is making PvP so unpleasant. We got people trying to act mature when in reality they are just children. I don't have a problem with kids, I just have a problem with immature ones. All the trashtalking comes from immaturity.

I've experienced more immaturity and cussing in FFA than in 1v1. I don't know if your argument is valid, there, man.

Oskitopee
03-25-2013, 05:05 PM
I've experienced more immaturity and cussing in FFA than in 1v1. I don't know if your argument is valid, there, man.

I meant to analyze the go system separately from my analysis of PvP in general.

angeldawn
03-25-2013, 06:40 PM

Unfortunately I have seen more adults act worse than kids! The rage and the threats of being hunted comes from adults as well as children. Just look on the forum you'll see it for yourself.

There are many kids that are more respectful, mature and well behaved than any adult. Some of the kids that are immature can be looked passed because they are kids. It's the immature and raging adults that makes the game sad.

XghostzX
03-25-2013, 08:53 PM
Unfortunately I have seen more adults act worse than kids! The rage and the threats of being hunted comes from adults as well as children. Just look on the forum you'll see it for yourself.

There are many kids that are more respectful, mature and well behaved than any adult. Some of the kids that are immature can be looked passed because they are kids. It's the immature and raging adults that makes the game sad.
Angel, I legit respect you so much. People like you, Crim, and Apollo always have the perfect things to say.

Caiahar
03-25-2013, 08:57 PM

yeah...im a young teen...ive seen worse adults in game then on fourms...

Roberto077
03-25-2013, 09:53 PM
TerrainRobs PL dictionary quotes

PvP:
1. Player versus Player
2. Home of the illiterate
3a. Beckoning of the stupid
3b. Beckoning of the immature
4. Hell

Endgame PvP:
1. Final levels Player versus Player
2. Home of the slightly more literate
3. Beckoning of Fbow haters
4. Luck hell

This post makes me actually want to do a spoof dictionary on all things Pocket Legends...

Zerious
03-25-2013, 10:02 PM
TerrainRobs PL dictionary quotes

PvP:
1. Player versus Player
2. Home of the illiterate
3a. Beckoning of the stupid
3b. Beckoning of the immature
4. Hell

Endgame PvP:
1. Final levels Player versus Player
2. Home of the slightly more literate
3. Beckoning of Fbow haters
4. Luck hell

This post makes me actually want to do a spoof dictionary on all things Pocket Legends...

do boosters :eagerness:

razerfingers
03-25-2013, 10:14 PM
Cot loves me lul

Nihiliste
03-26-2013, 01:17 PM
Now I know what it feels like to be robbed from leaderboards. *Cough* Rokiee.

Nutslammer
03-26-2013, 02:36 PM
I don't see the point in this argument. If you don't like what's happening in a particular pvp game, LEAVE the game. And as for people rushing, who cares? Let them rush, you can rush back if you want, but don't feed their pathetic personalities by complaining about it. Make your own game, kick the people you don't like and have fun from there. As for the kdr argument, I don't see the point in it. Too many fagbow users at low level pvp, so kdr is not accurate anymore. If your so worried about what other people think of your kdr then hide it. When I join a PVP game I don't join to talk with people, I say hello if greeted and immediately try to find someone who wants to fight. If I get rushed, then im prepared to fight back because I'm not talking. To be honest rushers are technically doing nothing wrong (even if its annoying). A pvp zone is meant for fighting so don't join if your not prepared.

Roberto077
03-26-2013, 03:03 PM
do boosters :eagerness:

Boosters:

1. People who kill lifeless shells that they control so they can amplify their kill/death ratio.
2. They are (words that aren't aloud on the forums)
3a. The most hated people in PvP
3b. Pakayolo and DC

Reunegade
03-26-2013, 05:37 PM
I don't see the point in this argument. If you don't like what's happening in a particular pvp game, LEAVE the game. And as for people rushing, who cares? Let them rush, you can rush back if you want, but don't feed their pathetic personalities by complaining about it. Make your own game, kick the people you don't like and have fun from there. As for the kdr argument, I don't see the point in it. Too many fagbow users at low level pvp, so kdr is not accurate anymore. If your so worried about what other people think of your kdr then hide it. When I join a PVP game I don't join to talk with people, I say hello if greeted and immediately try to find someone who wants to fight. If I get rushed, then im prepared to fight back because I'm not talking. To be honest rushers are technically doing nothing wrong (even if its annoying). A pvp zone is meant for fighting so don't join if your not prepared.
First off, did you even read the thread? Who ever said I was against rushing? When did I ever say ANYTHING about KDR? What I'm saying how immature PvPers are being in the PvP zone. If I rush even once, most of the time I get people saying "oh look nub lets team him and bully him".

Nutslammer
03-26-2013, 07:06 PM
First off, did you even read the thread? Who ever said I was against rushing? When did I ever say ANYTHING about KDR? What I'm saying how immature PvPers are being in the PvP zone. If I rush even once, most of the time I get people saying "oh look nub lets team him and bully him".
1. I did read the thread and replies from other people on your thread.
2. Don't get all mad because I didn't quote every person on your thread because I was referring too everyone's discussion in my reply.
3. If you know people will pimp slap you if you rush, don't rush? If you are at that kind of disadvantage with a 3 v 1 don't do it? That's like threatening to kill someone with your hands when they have an ak47.

Zerious
03-26-2013, 10:00 PM
1. I did read the thread and replies from other people on your thread.
2. Don't get all mad because I didn't quote every person on your thread because I was referring too everyone's discussion in my reply.
3. If you know people will pimp slap you if you rush, don't rush? If you are at that kind of disadvantage with a 3 v 1 don't do it? That's like threatening to kill someone with your hands when they have an ak47.

i have to agree... same idea with tree hugging and that kind of gameplay. People complain about it when they simply don't have to fall into those traps by being overzealous for kills or just too proud/arrogant to think properly in a fight.

MightyMicah
03-27-2013, 01:01 PM
i have to agree... same idea with tree hugging and that kind of gameplay. People complain about it when they simply don't have to fall into those traps by being overzealous for kills or just too proud/arrogant to think properly in a fight.

I use this attribute in my enemy to my advantage daily.

CrimsonTider
03-27-2013, 01:43 PM
Angel, I legit respect you so much. People like you, Crim, and Apollo always have the perfect things to say.

I just went outside, where the sun is shining, and put my sunglasses on.