PDA

View Full Version : No offense devs...

AmonRaa
04-27-2010, 01:30 AM
but closing the IMO thread feels wrong, unjustified and insecure, while really you have nothing to worry about here. Most of us on PL had been looking for MMOs on the appstore for months, it's pretty natural for us to know both games, and if you had allowed the thread to go on, you'd have seen that most of us tried it, gained a few levels, but chose to spend their time and cash on PL.

give us some credit please.

Splurd
04-27-2010, 01:40 AM
but closing the IMO thread feels wrong, unjustified and insecure, while really you have nothing to worry about here. Most of us on PL had been looking for MMOs on the appstore for months, it's pretty natural for us to know both games, and if you had allowed the thread to go on, you'd have seen that most of us tried it, gained a few levels, but chose to spend their time and cash on PL.

give us some credit please.
So whats the problem?

if the thread would have amounted to nothing, as you say, then closing it has no harm.
If the thread turned into a "IMO sucks, lousy game" then it is just generating bashing of another game. Not very nice, even if they are competitors.
And if the thread turned into "OMG I LOVE IMO U PLAY IT TWO?" then it is diverting attention away from PL.
And in any case, the presence of the thread generates awareness of the game. Not everyone knows of both games. So I dont think the people at SpaceTime are keen on letting their players know about another game, incase they jump ship.

it is not "wrong, unjustified and insecure", it is simply a safe and wise decision.

King Richie
04-27-2010, 04:18 AM
Imo Was soooooooo bad !! it was so funny !

_ck
04-27-2010, 06:14 AM
Touch Arcade has a great forum for discussion of all games for this platform.

Royce
04-27-2010, 07:10 AM
I think the point is that is was just way OT in a forum intended for the discussion of PL. Also IMO is terrible. :) Like the open world, hate everything else.

Justg
04-27-2010, 08:48 AM
No offense taken, it is just a policy thing we have here. This community is thriving and growing very fast. The forums are the heart of it, and we want them to be focused on Pocket Legends. That being said, maybe it is time for an off-topic thread.

utopi
04-27-2010, 08:58 AM
an off topic would be great.

also, if I want to talk about Super mario, i don't think ill do that on a Ps3 forum.

and yes IMO $uck$ bad!! quests are boring and it lags all the time! its a 2d game like the Snes made like 15years ago! IMO (In my opinion ;))

setec
04-27-2010, 09:33 AM
I don't blame SS for now allowing postings dedicated to a competitor. It would be like Pepsi running a message board and allowing a Coca Cola thread for positive and negative comments.

SS doesn't need justification to lock or remove any thread. It's their forums. We are just guests.

There are plenty of gaming forums on the net that are proper areas for such threads.

Frankly, even if they have an off-topic area, I still wouldn't blame them for locking and removing threads related to competitors.

nerdherd
04-27-2010, 09:45 AM
Actually, I'd go so far as to request that the devs DO close and remove completely off-topic threads. I don't want to have to wade through tons of unrelated junk to read about PL.

AmonRaa
04-29-2010, 01:36 PM
thanks for the input. You know, seen from here IMO only *sucks* because I got to PL first, and only by a few hours. A couple days earlier, IMO would have been great since my friends and I couldn't find any decent MMO to play in our down time.
It's always relative.