PDA

View Full Version : Shock lance proc misconception?

Arterra
10-03-2010, 10:09 AM
Yes, i hear everyone saying that it's got lightning proc, and so mages do not find it as useful bla bla... that they should use spears for the armor debuff yea yea...

unfortunately that seems wrong to me. when i hit a enemy with a shock lance, the little animation of white spikes at feet that goes with spear proc also appear with my conq shock lance. i hit a guy with plain old lightning, and i saw no such animation.
also, doesn't a lance count as the same kind of wep as a spear?

so I think it gives both procs, or maybe just spear proc idk. someone tell me something about this.

edit no lightning apparently. wow to me.

editedit: FAIL

editeditedit: Fail? we shall see. pending test results...

Now, Royce did testing, and we can thank him for these results. bravo!!!

The results were perplexing to say the least. The shock lance and blaster show the same animation on strike, but the blaster does not seem to have any debuff, so it seems we cannot rely on animation to determine proc any longer. Anyway, we tested lance, blaster, plasma sword, spear, and darkblade along with a couple of mage debuffs, and here are the results:

Spear - Dropped armor by 15 incrementally and can stack, so drops by 15, then 30, and I'm fairly sure 45 is possible though we didn't see it this time. Basically it acts like archer Break Armor (at what rank does that reduce by 15? 1 SP maybe?)

Lance - Dropped armor by 15. However does not stack, so is not really break armor. A new proc? Who knows...

Plasma Sword - Despite showing the lightning bolt animation, this weapon, to everyone's surprise actually appears to have no proc at all. Armor did not drop, and no other stats appeared to change.

Blaster - Despite having the same animation on strike as the lances, no effect was noticed. Seems to have no proc (I could swear it used to slow your target, but it also used to have a different animation).

Darkblade - Same effect as nightmare, but only rank 1 nightmare. Dropped armor 10 points.

Nightmare skill dropped armor as expected, 50 points at 5 SP, and did stack with the darkblade nightmare proc (combining for -60 armor). Lighting at 5 SP only dropped armor by 3 points, but also seemed to reduce damage by 4.

soon to come hopefully will be final results on mage weapon procs... we eagerly await!

KingFu
10-03-2010, 10:13 AM
Uhm, they don't have lightning proc, idk who said that but they had STUN proc and BREAK ARMOR, stun proc has little lightning things to it, and break armor along with it might make it appear to some people to look like lightning proc.

Arterra
10-03-2010, 10:15 AM
Uhm, they don't have lightning proc, idk who said that but they had STUN proc and BREAK ARMOR, stun proc has little lightning things to it, and break armor along with it might make it appear to some people to look like lightning proc.

O.O all i hear is how they have lightning proc. first time i hear stun... wow this misconception is deeper than i though lol.

edit: sooooo... i do not need a hammer if i got this? overpowered all the way...

KingFu
10-03-2010, 10:16 AM
O.O all i hear is how they have lightning proc. first time i hear stun... wow this misconception is deeper than i though lol.

Lol, I haven't heard anyone say it has lightning proc, blasters also have stun proc so you can see what they look like without break armor going and at a range if you wanna see the stun proc.

Arterra
10-03-2010, 10:17 AM
Lol, I haven't heard anyone say it has lightning proc, blasters also have stun proc so you can see what they look like without break armor going and at a range if you wanna see the stun proc.

BUT I HEARD BLASTERS HAVE LIGHTNING @.@ what is going on...

KingFu
10-03-2010, 10:21 AM
BUT I HEARD BLASTERS HAVE LIGHTNING @.@ what is going on...

Uhm, who told you blasters have lightning exactly? Lol, stun proc looks similar to lightning, but there is a difference.

Arterra
10-03-2010, 10:25 AM
every single message i have seen about it says lightning.

how about we all forget my little fail...

KingFu
10-03-2010, 10:32 AM
We all make mistakes.

Here lightning proc:
http://i821.photobucket.com/albums/zz133/therealdavid/96856837.png

Here's stun proc:
http://i821.photobucket.com/albums/zz133/therealdavid/a6d21b5a.png

LIGHTNINGLORD67
10-03-2010, 10:50 AM
YOU GUYS HAVE SAID WAY TOO MUCH !

-click- Thread is closed. Lmao jk XD

Royce
10-03-2010, 10:54 AM
Shock lances proc lightning. People have pointed out that they appear to cause the break armor stars, but if you watch your armor when being hit with a shock lance you will see it is definitely the lightning, and not break armor, effect.

Also myst, they don't stun, and stun is white spinning stars, not electricity.

KingFu
10-03-2010, 10:57 AM
Shock lances proc lightning. People have pointed out that they appear to cause the break armor stars, but if you watch your armor when being hit with a shock lance you will see it is definitely the lightning, and not break armor, effect.

Also myst, they don't stun, and stun is white spinning stars, not electricity.

You're positive it has lightning proc? I recall you saying it had stun proc, plus they look fairly different.

Royce
10-03-2010, 11:01 AM
You're positive it has lightning proc? I recall you saying it had stun proc, plus they look fairly different.

I guess it might stun too, but never noticed it and dont think so. The debuff though is definitely not break armor. It behaves very differently, and much more like lightning (takes effect immediately and doesn't stack).

KingFu
10-03-2010, 11:03 AM
I guess it might stun too, but never noticed it and dont think so. The debuff though is definitely not break armor. It behaves very differently, and much more like lightning (takes effect immediately and doesn't stack).

Does it have a larger armor decrease than the plasma swords or is it the same?

Royce
10-03-2010, 11:05 AM
Does it have a larger armor decrease than the plasma swords or is it the same?

Should be the same but that would be a good test to run. Spear definitely can drop armor further than either, though is less consistent.

Royce
10-03-2010, 12:05 PM
Okay, now I'm a bit confused. I just went to do a little test, and found that the blaster produces the same animation (electricity) that the shock lance produces. Unless I am going crazy the blasters used to produce white stars (though different from the stun stars). I am very interested in testing these procs if anyone is down, but it's hard to find PvP dummies to take the hits and read off their stat changes, etc. now that everyone is interested in the useless K/D numbers. However, if anyone is interested, it would definitely be worthwhile to find out what is going on...

KingFu
10-03-2010, 12:08 PM
Okay, now I'm a bit confused. I just went to do a little test, and found that the blaster produces the same animation (electricity) that the shock lance produces. Unless I am going crazy the blasters used to produce white stars (though different from the stun stars). I am very interested in testing these procs if anyone is down, but it's hard to find PvP dummies to take the hits and read off their stat changes, etc. now that everyone is interested in the useless K/D numbers. However, if anyone is interested, it would definitely be worthwhile to find out what is going on...

I am as confused and interested Asa you are. Mystical is my pvp test dummie lol, since I never use him. Feel free to kill him as many times as you want;) I'm hoping to get on most deaths leaderboards with him :D

Royce
10-03-2010, 12:13 PM
I am as confused and interested Asa you are. Mystical is my pvp test dummie lol, since I never use him. Feel free to kill him as many times as you want;) I'm hoping to get on most deaths leaderboards with him :D

We should test then :D If in fact the blasters do have an armor reducing proc like the lances (which appears to at least act like lightning, though the animation is admittedly slightly different), then they would be the only Dex weapons in the game with an armor debuff.

LIGHTNINGLORD67
10-03-2010, 12:14 PM
Hey guys, tell us the results plz ;)

Arterra
10-03-2010, 12:16 PM
ok, so i wasn't noobing around after all... this really DID need some testing :/ i want to check it out too...

KingFu
10-03-2010, 12:16 PM
We should test then :D If in fact the blasters do have an armor reducing proc like the lances (which appears to at least act like lightning, though the animation is admittedly slightly different), then they would be the only Dex weapons in the game with an armor debuff.

Interesting. Tell me when I should get on to test. I believe u have a lance, I do as well but I do not have a blaster :)

Royce
10-03-2010, 12:19 PM
Interesting. Tell me when I should get on to test. I believe u have a lance, I do as well but I do not have a blaster :)

I no longer have a lance, but I have the blaster, plasma, and spear covered. We could either find another person with a lance to help, or you could lend me your lance (or you could hit me with it, but it would be a better test if all done on the same character, same armor, etc.). I am on now if you are, but we can do it whenever.

KingFu
10-03-2010, 12:22 PM
I no longer have a lance, but I have the blaster, plasma, and spear covered. We could either find another person with a lance to help, or you could lend me your lance (or you could hit me with it, but it would be a better test if all done on the same character, same armor, etc.). I am on now if you are, but we can do it whenever.

Kk, Ill get on now and lend you my lance:)

Royce
10-03-2010, 01:23 PM
The results were perplexing to say the least. The shock lance and blaster show the same animation on strike, but the blaster does not seem to have any debuff, so it seems we cannot rely on animation to determine proc any longer. Anyway, we tested lance, blaster, plasma sword, spear, and darkblade along with a couple of mage debuffs, and here are the results:

Spear - Dropped armor by 15 incrementally and can stack, so drops by 15, then 30, and I'm fairly sure 45 is possible though we didn't see it this time. Basically it acts like archer Break Armor (at what rank does that reduce by 15? 1 SP maybe?)

Lance - Dropped armor by 15. However does not stack, so is not really break armor. A new proc? Who knows...

Plasma Sword - Despite showing the lightning bolt animation, this weapon, to everyone's surprise actually appears to have no proc at all. Armor did not drop, and no other stats appeared to change.

Blaster - Despite having the same animation on strike as the lances, no effect was noticed. Seems to have no proc (I could swear it used to slow your target, but it also used to have a different animation).

Darkblade - Same effect as nightmare, but only rank 1 nightmare. Dropped armor 10 points.

Nightmare skill dropped armor as expected, 50 points at 5 SP, and did stack with the darkblade nightmare proc (combining for -60 armor). Lighting at 5 SP only dropped armor by 3 points, but also seemed to reduce damage by 4.

LIGHTNINGLORD67
10-03-2010, 01:39 PM
Wow Royce, awesome results!

I cant believe plasma sword has no proc...what a fail...

Arterra
10-03-2010, 02:04 PM
these results intrigue me. time to sell that thoth plasma b4 news gets out then...

Gaabob
10-03-2010, 02:16 PM
Lol I should get someone to test out crushing blow with me... I swear it does armor lowering rather than damage lowering. And it seems completely useless in pvp

Royce
10-03-2010, 02:34 PM
Lol I should get someone to test out crushing blow with me... I swear it does armor lowering rather than damage lowering. And it seems completely useless in pvp

I need someone to help me test mage weapon procs. If you're interested, we could also test crushing blow ;)

Arterra
10-03-2010, 02:58 PM
royce, officially putting your findings in the front, thx.

Gaabob
10-03-2010, 03:25 PM
I need someone to help me test mage weapon procs. If you're interested, we could also test crushing blow ;)

I'd seriously love to. However I have uberly long homework stuffs to do, and my FREAKING siblings won't stop making FREAKING annoying NOISES arrggggg, which makes it take longer. And my parents are no where to be found...

Royce
10-03-2010, 03:31 PM
I'd seriously love to. However I have uberly long homework stuffs to do, and my FREAKING siblings won't stop making FREAKING annoying NOISES arrggggg, which makes it take longer. And my parents are no where to be found...

So this translated approximately to "maybe later" I guess?

Gaabob
10-03-2010, 03:45 PM
So this translated approximately to "maybe later" I guess?

Yea :/

KingFu
10-03-2010, 06:35 PM
I believe the lances proc would be armor piercing which would explain why my armor dropped instantly. We tested this on my pally, and on my tank 2 times for each weapon so the results should be pretty solid. They surprised me as well.