PDA

View Full Version : PVP suggestions

Excuses
03-19-2013, 11:57 PM
I just had some ideas for pvp and want to share here.

First CTF, remove kill count from this, not even flags, but reward WIN as team only.
Every member of team will get 1 win from winning the game (carrying 5 flags). That way, people will help each other to win the game, make it more interesting(possibility to have tons of strategy), and remove kill farming from it.

And make an ARENA (1on1 or 2on2) for kill rewards. 2on2 is going to be interesting too, depending on class combinations, and people who wants to play together with their friends.

How do you guys think?

-----------

And give mage better DMG!!!!!

Energizeric
03-20-2013, 01:19 AM
Some questions I have:

1) What if I join a game 3 seconds before my team wins, do I get a win still?

2) What if I join the losing team right before they lose, do I still get a loss?

3) What if I play a half hour on the winning team, and then seconds before they score the last point I get disconnected, do I still get a win? How is that determined?

4) What if shortly after the game starts, everyone on one team leaves, and then the game ends 1-0. Does the winning team still get a win?

Cero
03-20-2013, 04:42 AM
Some questions I have:

2) What if I join the losing team right before they lose, do I still get a loss?

3) What if I play a half hour on the winning team, and then seconds before they score the last point I get disconnected, do I still get a win? How is that determined?

4) What if shortly after the game starts, everyone on one team leaves, and then the game ends 1-0. Does the winning team still get a win?

1-2&4. if devs will put a 2-3mins of being in the game to get a win/loss count, i think it would make a fair decision.

3 worst gameplay ever!

Excuses
03-20-2013, 10:55 AM
Some questions I have:

Well.
1. Yes
2. Yes
3. No
4. Yes

I think all situations are about luck.

For #3, if we change this way, it will not take 30 mins to finish one round like right now.
(It takes forever because people farm)
And if you have party, replay to stay again.

#1&2 will not happen too often because it will not take so long and there will be no farming and k/d rate, people will stay and play.

#4 might happen when one team realize they are going to lose, so the one staying need to get a win.

Maybe counting flag will encourage people to stay too.
Rogue might complain that they are not goos at it, but in 1on1 rogue has much higher kill rate. Every class has it's role.
Only mage have nothing to get. So O think they deserve some more dmg.
Please don't get me wrong, I play all three class.

Energizeric
03-20-2013, 07:06 PM
Are you a baseball fan? There's an interesting situation that sometimes occurs in baseball where a new pitcher enters a game in the middle of an at-bat. The official scoring works like this: If the batter is walked, then the pitcher who left the game is given credit for the walk, but if the batter strikes out, then the new pitcher gets credit for the strikeout. Basically it assumes the best for the new pitcher, and the worst for the old pitcher. So maybe those who enter a game late can only get a win and not get a loss. And those who leave early can get the loss (if the team loses), but if the team wins they will not get a win. That would discourage players from leaving a game early, and at the same time will encourage players who enter a losing game to play and try to win.

Excuses
03-20-2013, 09:52 PM
Yes. You are right. It will be good idea. =)

Popamollyswtn
03-21-2013, 12:48 AM
deleteing this for a diff post.

uzidredar
03-21-2013, 11:54 AM
All good ideas. I am just not sure that STS can beyond what pvp in DL offers which is just a similar ctf and a free for all arena with a kill count as an indicator

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2