PDA

View Full Version : More armor? My sorcerer is too squishy

jlinder2003
03-20-2013, 09:10 AM
I am dying a lot in the elite seas. I try to hide behind others, but when I pick up aggro, I die almost instantly. This leads to a lot of deaths, 5-15 deaths in the time to clear the map.

Does anyone else think the sorcerers need more armor?

I have good equipment, but not the best. My armor is 649. I am about 85-90% int, the rest in str. My health is 1963 without a pet. Damage is 192.9.

I know I pick up aggro when I do a charged heal to refill everyones mana. I don't understand why that should grab aggro. It is a big benefit for the team, yet it leads to my death almost instantly. I usually don't have time to use a pot. If I don't use the charged lifegiver, the rest of the team starts telling me to use it.

2 questions:
1. Does anyone else think the sorcerers need more armor? I do.
2. Is there a way to get more armor without sacrificing a lot in other areas?

maillard
03-20-2013, 12:33 PM
I completely agree, the average level 26 sorcer has armour around mid to low 600s. If you compare that to a rouge they have armour around the 800s. So almost 200 better armour, and its almost on level with the armor warriors get. How can a rogue who has to move around and be agile, have such good armor? While the mage who isn't fast, can't have better armor. Rogues have better dodge ability then mages, so they should not have armor that is as good since they should rely on their dodge skill. However I don't want to see anyone's stuff get nerfed, but I bring this up as a contrast to show that its pretty unfair. So I'd like to see some better armor for mages because its way too low in my opinion. Also all of the int+dex armor has lower armor then all of the int+str. You made dex more benificial but yet its very hard to consider even using this armor because while you get a minor benifit in damage & health, but you lose out a lot on health (str vs dex) and armor.

Energizeric
03-20-2013, 12:43 PM
Get gear that has more armor & strength, and less damage -- that way you won't pick up aggro as often. For example, take a look at the "of will" gear. You'll get higher STR and therefore will have more health. Also, instead of using the "of Brutality" amulet and ring that most sorcerers use for high damage, try to "of security" or "of will" types as they add armor instead of damage. Max damage is not always the best build.

jlinder2003
03-21-2013, 08:13 AM
Thanks for the suggestion. I may try using some security or will rings/amulets. I am using brutality now because I liked the strength/intel split.

jlinder2003
03-21-2013, 10:06 AM
Energizeric - What do you use for equipment and what armor level are you at without a pet?

Bootydots
03-21-2013, 10:39 AM
I am dying a lot in the elite seas. I try to hide behind others, but when I pick up aggro, I die almost instantly. This leads to a lot of deaths, 5-15 deaths in the time to clear the map.

Does anyone else think the sorcerers need more armor?

I have good equipment, but not the best. My armor is 649. I am about 85-90% int, the rest in str. My health is 1963 without a pet. Damage is 192.9.

I know I pick up aggro when I do a charged heal to refill everyones mana. I don't understand why that should grab aggro. It is a big benefit for the team, yet it leads to my death almost instantly. I usually don't have time to use a pot. If I don't use the charged lifegiver, the rest of the team starts telling me to use it.

2 questions:
1. Does anyone else think the sorcerers need more armor? I do.
2. Is there a way to get more armor without sacrificing a lot in other areas?

Yea i had the same problem back when i was rolling with lifegiver, Honestly lose the heal completely and re-roll arcane shield. All your doing is sacraficing yourself and time to save your team a few pots. And to those who complain about us not using it.... quit being cheap and use a dam pot.

jlinder2003
03-21-2013, 10:51 AM
I already use the shield so I have lifegiver and shield as 2 of my spots and still die too much. It just seems we need more armor.

Bootydots
03-21-2013, 11:07 AM
I already use the shield so I have lifegiver and shield as 2 of my spots and still die too much. It just seems we need more armor.

have you tried to respec without lifegiver completely?(If not your practically taunting all targets since we do alot of aoe dmg along with the heal) or maybe your running with tanks not doing their jobs well? As far as seas goes i have about 80 more hp then u and less armor and im not dying that frequently. Check to make sure you got a good warr and seriously consider not casting lifegiver once n tell me how it goes.

Energizeric
03-21-2013, 11:42 AM
Energizeric - What do you use for equipment and what armor level are you at without a pet?

I use sealord "of will" gear, although when I want more damage (when I'm in a good party with a really good tank) I switch the helm out for the mythic helm. Then I have the "of brutality" ring, but have the "of potency" amulet, and also have the "of will" amulet which I sometimes switch to because it gives 35 more armor.

When using the "of will" amulet for max armor, I have 700 armor without pet, but only around 175 damage. If I go the full damage route and equip the mythic helm and "of potency" amulet then I have 656 armor and my damage goes up to over 200.

But you can't cause much damage if you are dead. So I only go the full damage route if I'm in a good farming party with a warrior and/or rogue who can hold aggro most of the time. Otherwise I take the more safe route and make sure I can survive with max health/armor.

LwMark
03-21-2013, 12:25 PM
I like the squishy phrase haha

maillard
03-22-2013, 09:49 PM
I prefer shield over life giver and don't have to sacrifice any damage for it. And if you want to mana heal your party, you can use a pet to do that. If you try to stay out of the red zone, or get out of the red zone if you are in it and using arcane shield, I find I die a lot less. If I have the shield up, then I move in if I want to drop time shift and then get out again. And keep attacking from a safe distance. Also charged fireball knocks down the mobs and a charged time shift will root them. So you can rotate this combination and with shield its a good enough defense. And some pets have abilities like freeze or stun, so you need to use all of the tools at your disposal to stay alive. I have a warrior and when I play him I just need to use horn plus blast pots. Its pretty easy. Playing a mage requires more strategy. But I completely agree we need better armor.