PDA

View Full Version : Dark Legends Level Cap is raising to 36! New skills unlock, new vanities & more!

Samhayne
03-20-2013, 02:09 PM
The level cap in Dark Legends is going up! Look for a patch tomorrow, Thursday March 21st! 2 new skills, Brimstone and Ghost Strike, will unlock with these 5 new levels. Check them out!

Geuneo
03-20-2013, 02:31 PM
Thank you! So awesome!!!

Lady_Pebbles
03-20-2013, 02:38 PM
YES!!! Im itching to try these out... Will we get a short free respect time period to test these out & make sure they aren't OP in PvP like Dark Binding was? o_O

Snakespeare
03-20-2013, 03:47 PM
Aww.... wanting teaser post about new vanities, too.

But maybe they are grown up pics and can't be posted. LOL! mankini anyone?

or maybe just this:
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?90088-Something-wicked-this-way-comes!

mamichula819
03-20-2013, 04:11 PM
:D this is awsome. Tomorrow cant come any sooner lol :D

Terrellz
03-20-2013, 04:20 PM
WOW I didn't expect a new cap to be tomorrow! Anyways, thx sts :thumbup:

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk 2

calxxx
03-20-2013, 04:33 PM
In the pics both powers are weaker than all the existing powers...like hell blades, shadow dance? is the number shown in the pic accurate???

Samhayne
03-20-2013, 04:37 PM
In the pics both powers are weaker than all the existing powers...like hell blades, shadow dance? is the number shown in the pic accurate???

The numbers in the pictures are un-ranked. You might be comparing it to a power that has a number of upgrade points put into them.

calxxx
03-20-2013, 04:47 PM
so you mean when i put 1 point on brimstone, the damage will be higher than "137-141"?

thanks for the quick respond by the way :D

Kslayer
03-20-2013, 05:09 PM
awesome thanks guys

doomdoomdoom
03-20-2013, 05:20 PM

At first I thought maybe it was just that you are used to seeing the numbers with some amount of damage points in passive abilities and have some equipment that bumps your damage.

But after checking my lvl 8 littledoom toon who has no points in passives and no weapon or gems equipped... brimstone description is 169-173. Ghost strike description says 160-165. So the numbers pictured above are still lower (not sure why). But still way better than hell blades (32-36) and shadow dance (28-32).

Kslayer
03-20-2013, 05:24 PM
for sure thanks doom....now come dm XD

Aracnus
03-20-2013, 05:33 PM
Noice! I'll definitely come back for a while for this!

SexyIsland
03-20-2013, 05:46 PM
Nice!

Geuneo
03-20-2013, 05:47 PM
How about another 40% off on platinum while you're at it ;)

Carapace
03-20-2013, 05:48 PM
some tweaks were made to Brimstone and Ghost Strike prior to their launch in order to make sure they sit right for PvP and the like, so the comparison itself is not fair between the screenshot and the current in game stats as those are grossly unbalanced compared to the legit ones coming out tomorrow.

Itoopeo
03-20-2013, 06:23 PM
Can you promise anything about SL L51 cap update?

moonway03
03-20-2013, 06:30 PM
some tweaks were made to Brimstone and Ghost Strike prior to their launch in order to make sure they sit right for PvP and the like, so the comparison itself is not fair between the screenshot and the current in game stats as those are grossly unbalanced compared to the legit ones coming out tomorrow.

Free respect pls, so we can try em out if they are op or weak ;)

Sent from my GT-P7500 using Tapatalk 2

Jcyee
03-20-2013, 06:48 PM
YAYAYA! Gotta start getting back into DL now :)

Spyce
03-20-2013, 06:51 PM
Yes!
Although I don't play DL..

Sdmf
03-20-2013, 06:53 PM
and this flying book?

canislupis081376
03-20-2013, 07:22 PM
Hmm...well, guess that does answer a questions I had. Brim as it looked originally, would be just a tad...OP. Tis a pity though, as I have been drooling over it for awhile. A free respec would be....well..completely awesome, to be honest.

Scissorhands
03-20-2013, 08:15 PM
Why is everyone asking for a free respec? you're going to get power pints when you lvl up anyways.

moonway03
03-20-2013, 08:25 PM
Devs pls dont hasten things up even though u want players to be satisfied, take some time in improving things that would be a real hit when released :-)

canislupis081376
03-20-2013, 09:02 PM
Why is everyone asking for a free respec? you're going to get power pints when you lvl up anyways.

well..gee. it's nice to be able to test out the new powers, then go back to what you prefer, instead of burning 8 plat to try something, not liking it, and having to burn 8 more to switch back. To those of us that really don't have Platinum falling from their ears, would be very nice. This is, of course, in my very humble opinion.

jiunaba
03-20-2013, 09:28 PM
Super psyched about new cap! Hopefully new maps and new executions!

bloodyneo
03-20-2013, 09:29 PM
now we talking!!!! yea baby its time burn some plat.!!!!!

Scissorhands
03-20-2013, 10:28 PM
well..gee. it's nice to be able to test out the new powers, then go back to what you prefer, instead of burning 8 plat to try something, not liking it, and having to burn 8 more to switch back. To those of us that really don't have Platinum falling from their ears, would be very nice. This is, of course, in my very humble opinion.

You don't need to spend 8 plat to get them you can lvl up, get the power points and try the powers no change is necessary unless unless you stupidly waste 8 plat by changing everything so you can test a couple new powers. Just get the points by leveling up then if you don't like the powers then you can respec and use your power points for other things.

bluehrhedz
03-20-2013, 10:43 PM
thnx 2 new update

moonway03
03-20-2013, 11:26 PM
You don't need to spend 8 plat to get them you can lvl up, get the power points and try the powers no change is necessary unless unless you stupidly waste 8 plat by changing everything so you can test a couple new powers. Just get the points by leveling up then if you don't like the powers then you can respec and use your power points for other things.

Well what if u dont like the skill? Hmm?

Lady_Pebbles
03-20-2013, 11:36 PM

Correction: You'd need to spend the 5 points into those skills to test them out and 8 plat to respec the first time (into testing build #1), then another 8 plat (testing build #2), and on amd on until you find a build suited to your play style with said skills. Unless you decide you just want your old build back, which means another 8 plat.

If we just test out the builds with those skills the first time and don't like them, it would be a waste of money. Free respecs for testing them -for a short limited time- would be less costly. Especially when by now, most of us have used up all the free offers from W3i & Trialplay.

Tatya
03-20-2013, 11:42 PM
Woohp ! I'll be waiting around 3am my time for this :3

Promagin
03-20-2013, 11:48 PM
Seems legit. Well guess I'm going to try DL for the first time

canislupis081376
03-21-2013, 12:59 AM
Correction: You'd need to spend the 5 points into those skills to test them out and 8 plat to respec the first time (into testing build #1), then another 8 plat (testing build #2), and on amd on until you find a build suited to your play style with said skills. Unless you decide you just want your old build back, which means another 8 plat.

If we just test out the builds with those skills the first time and don't like them, it would be a waste of money. Free respecs for testing them -for a short limited time- would be less costly. Especially when by now, most of us have used up all the free offers from W3i & Trialplay.

This, exactly. I'm very very happy with my current build. Brim being nerfed, I would like to try it, without committing fully to it. If it's really not as good as i have thought it would be, I would happily just tweak my current build with the 1 to 2 PP's that I'll earn.

BloodGoddess
03-21-2013, 01:11 AM
There goes my sleep. ;) Thnx Sts

Totallymad
03-21-2013, 01:24 AM
Great, can hardly wait for this update! I hope it wont disappoint us and new skills will make pvp more intense and interesting) (not like it happened with binding)

Totallymad
03-21-2013, 01:25 AM
btw what is this book? kinda new pet?

Kraoracha
03-21-2013, 03:12 AM
Nice, thanks STS.

Castdown
03-21-2013, 05:30 AM
http://i987.photobucket.com/albums/ae355/bodomschild/peterhat.png

Uhhhhh here's another thing. The book can also be a hat!

Abaqubac
03-21-2013, 05:39 AM
http://i987.photobucket.com/albums/ae355/bodomschild/peterhat.png

Uhhhhh here's another thing. The book can also be a hat!

Lmao...Yea.. New Pet... And/OR a hat.

Phantomas
03-21-2013, 06:02 AM
Yes yes yes!!!!
Thnku Dev team, already warned every1 of guild to be there and try out the new skills.

Snakespeare
03-21-2013, 09:18 AM
Free respecs, what?!?! LOL!

In Dark Legends, everything is upfront and explained. You know what the damage is fom each skill before you choose it, just like you know what the drop is in a zone. Nobody, but nobody, has yet even spent a single point on the new skills because they unlock at levels that were not available. So it is totally fair. Just because they tweaked what the actual numbers will be prior to unlocking is no reason for a free respec.

A free respec is only for people who have already assigned points to a skill, only to have the skill get changed.

By the illogic used here, they expct free respecs just to experiment with builds. Why not ask for free epic items and free levels, while you're at it.

jiunaba
03-21-2013, 11:06 AM
Free respecs would be great because of the tree branch system they use to assign powers. You will need to respec to try them. Unless u put one point in each and have some leftover.

ManDiDi
03-21-2013, 11:36 AM
Y Helloooooo Dark Legends......mmmm mmm mmmm you shall be played... yup yup yup uh huh

Geuneo
03-21-2013, 01:03 PM
I don't think we'll get 5 spec points out of this update, more like 2 or 3. I still think that 40% off platinum will make everyone happy ;)

Scissorhands
03-21-2013, 04:26 PM

In Dark Legends, everything is upfront and explained. You know what the damage is fom each skill before you choose it, just like you know what the drop is in a zone. Nobody, but nobody, has yet even spent a single point on the new skills because they unlock at levels that were not available. So it is totally fair. Just because they tweaked what the actual numbers will be prior to unlocking is no reason for a free respec.

A free respec is only for people who have already assigned points to a skill, only to have the skill get changed.

By the illogic used here, they expct free respecs just to experiment with builds. Why not ask for free epic items and free levels, while you're at it.
Finally a logical person here... And it's not like 8 plat is hard to get

Sarge
03-21-2013, 04:52 PM

Everything seems explained and upfront if you are playing this game for the PVE experience only. However the description for Dark Binding doesn't make any distinction between it's effect in PVE and it's effect in PVE. This skill does a lot of damage in PVE (as expected from the description of "108 DMG + 5 sec root") but basically only roots in PVP - hardly any damage at all!

Also the Dark Binding skill was nerfed in PVP after players had used and tested it out and the PVPers who had already spent a point on this skill were forced to spend 8 plat again to respec.

Surely a limited free grace period to respec wouldn't be asking too much considering that STS are relying on us as essentially beta testers.

Totallymad
03-22-2013, 07:13 AM

Well, and what should ppl do if description didnt match the real life?

Like a ghost strike has "+ increased move speed" so here is a question: what should ppl do who choose it for build according to this description if its not true? It looks like ppl are beta testing this game for their own money. And in spite of fact that i dont care much about free respec I can understand ppl who is asking for it cause they feel kinda deceived now because this two new skills are not like what they expected. ;)

P.s. I hope spacetime will do quick fixes to make everyone happy)

Have a nice day!

Carapace
03-22-2013, 01:20 PM
the increase in speed for charged is greater than for tapping, and designed to provide a reasonable amount without being overpowered. People are running flags after all :)

moonway03
03-22-2013, 03:34 PM
the increase in speed for charged is greater than for tapping, and designed to provide a reasonable amount without being overpowered. People are running flags after all :)

Ehh? How stay it as it was in pvp and bring more speed in pve

Lady_Pebbles
03-22-2013, 04:45 PM
Still, it should be faster than Shadow Dance.

canislupis081376
03-22-2013, 05:22 PM
Finally a logical person here... And it's not like 8 plat is hard to get

By the logic of "8 plat is not hard to get" then, obviously, it wouldn't be that much of a financial loss, would it? I'm pretty sure that if it were programmed to be 1(one) free respec, then, it can't be abused, and other's will not use it to "Experiment with their builds". Especially with the amount of Plat I have seen dropped since the release, it wouldn't really affect their overall bottom line.

Scissorhands
03-22-2013, 05:48 PM
By the logic of "8 plat is not hard to get" then, obviously, it wouldn't be that much of a financial loss, would it? I'm pretty sure that if it were programmed to be 1(one) free respec, then, it can't be abused, and other's will not use it to "Experiment with their builds". Especially with the amount of Plat I have seen dropped since the release, it wouldn't really affect their overall bottom line.

Free.Platinum.Offers

canislupis081376
03-23-2013, 04:20 AM
Free.Platinum.Offers

Using.Chrome.Nosuchthing.

Scissorhands
03-23-2013, 11:53 AM
Using.Chrome.Nosuchthing.

I see true using chrome the free plat offers are ridiculous but they are there. I've only ever gotten 4 plat out of trial pay offers.

Totallymad
03-24-2013, 06:19 AM
Guys what about dealdly combo? Charged fb + charged brim, inmost cases u even dont have time to do something in pvp

canislupis081376
03-24-2013, 06:30 AM
Guys what about dealdly combo? Charged fb + charged brim, inmost cases u even dont have time to do something in pvp

and that's after the power has been "tweaked"...pretty bad, hmm? those 2 shot kills take some real skill to them.

canislupis081376
03-24-2013, 06:33 AM
I see true using chrome the free plat offers are ridiculous but they are there. I've only ever gotten 4 plat out of trial pay offers.

some are there, and I am waiting for one to get to me. Only thing I really "need" Plat for is slots, tbh. I don't need silly clothes, I don't need "A W E S O M E" weapons. I really, really, really don't need to level with it. I just want some darn slots. Is that really asking too much? Being able to respec would be nice. I like having that "option".