PDA

View Full Version : Pocket Legends Forums Mods

XghostzX
03-20-2013, 07:15 PM
Idea originally posted by CrimsonTider:

"I wish the devs would select a few of us to moderate this crap. Would make forums so much better. :lightbulb:"

I can tell the devs don't like locking thread after thread, as they have enough to deal with on their hands.

Perhaps we should vote for ours Mods? (Because I'd vote for Crim :D) I don't think Mods should be anyone that has a huge access to power - simply those that want to help, others can look up to, etc. It's pretty straight forward - they'd have limited advantages on the forums to make the community a better place. NO REWARDS IN GAME FOR BEING A MOD. That would completely defeat the purpose.

Just curious on what you all would think of this...

Ks_Leon
03-20-2013, 07:55 PM
nah..if anyone can make the games become better or the forums can be clean without trashtalker in all the times..sure..why not?... ;)

Extreme
03-20-2013, 09:57 PM
Thumbs up Yo'

LEVEL ONE
03-21-2013, 12:59 AM
You are frowning upon Samhayne's work suggesting this. He does a really great job moderating this forum as everything is being dealt with in under 12 hours. His job is to moderate the forums, so a part of thus job is unfortunately closing threads and banning players, perhaps he doesn't like to do that, but it's a part of his job.

Let's be honest. There is currently no need for moderators on this forum.

XghostzX
03-21-2013, 03:52 PM
You are frowning upon Samhayne's work suggesting this. He does a really great job moderating this forum as everything is being dealt with in under 12 hours. His job is to moderate the forums, so a part of thus job is unfortunately closing threads and banning players, perhaps he doesn't like to do that, but it's a part of his job.

Let's be honest. There is currently no need for moderators on this forum.

I was never frowning upon Sam's work. In fact, I think he does so much for this community, and I've always been impressed.

It's a completely logical thing to do - it gives the devs one less thing off of their hands when they can put trust into noble players. Many MMO's do this - they put Mods into their own games (not just forums) to keep things under control.

Samhayne
03-21-2013, 03:53 PM
If you guys would just make use of the Report Post button, rather than complaining about the thread, then we'd take care of the issues in a jiffy :)

cookiez
03-21-2013, 04:14 PM
If you guys would just make use of the Report Post button, rather than complaining about the thread, then we'd take care of the issues in a jiffy :)

Challenge: Accepted;)

XghostzX
03-21-2013, 04:15 PM

Haha, just the response we need :D

cookiez
03-21-2013, 04:19 PM
Perhaps we should vote for ours Mods? (Because I'd vote for Crim :D) I don't think Mods should be anyone that has a huge access to power - simply those that want to help, others can look up to, etc. It's pretty straight forward - they'd have limited advantages on the forums to make the community a better place. NO REWARDS IN GAME FOR BEING A MOD. That would completely defeat the purpose.

Just curious on what you all would think of this...

Ehhh No. People would use this power to get what they want with being close/good friends. No offence to either of you but if crim became a mod I highly doubt if you said something rude or something that you would get an infraction or whatever. It's just how friends work. I would do the same thing for a friend.

CrimsonTider
03-21-2013, 04:32 PM

Except on weekends when the issues are at their height. Numerous times I have seen threads, I personally reported, get way out of hand before being intervened upon.

@Will - Thank you for the vote. Not sure I am the best vote as being a teacher, I have little tolerance for some of the ignorance I see around here.

CrimsonTider
03-21-2013, 04:35 PM
Ehhh No. People would use this power to get what they want with being close/good friends. No offence to either of you but if crim became a mod I highly doubt if you said something rude or something that you would get an infraction or whatever. It's just how friends work. I would do the same thing for a friend.

You obviously don't know me well. Apollo, AbsolutePally, and other well known forumers have felt my "wrath" at one time or another.

Caiahar
03-21-2013, 05:25 PM
You obviously don't know me well. Apollo, AbsolutePally, and other well known forumers have felt my "wrath" at one time or another.

Yeah...I'm kinda scared of you...while at the same time I respect you....

CrimsonTider
03-21-2013, 05:29 PM
Yeah...I'm kinda scared of you...while at the same time I respect you....

No need for fear. I am a human being just as you. I suppose "wrath" was a tad bit much. I'll just say I will others know when they are in the wrong, even more so with friends/respected members of the community.

XghostzX
03-21-2013, 09:09 PM
No need for fear. I am a human being just as you. I suppose "wrath" was a tad bit much. I'll just say I will others know when they are in the wrong, even more so with friends/respected members of the community.

And this is why I respect you. I could use a better Gym teacher, btw.

Beanipea
03-22-2013, 07:12 AM
Why don't you guys start your own forum? You could mod the hell out of that.

cookiez
03-22-2013, 08:59 AM

Maybe you might be the best choice but still it's human nature to like your friends and hate random people who annoy you.

Yich
03-22-2013, 09:01 AM
Ye Crim is fair to all. Crim for moderator! Overthrow the devs! Anarchyyyyy!!!!

Brave Sir Robin
03-22-2013, 12:27 PM
No need for fear.

I for one am intimidated. First mod ever to give push ups instead of infractions :)

razerfingers
03-22-2013, 12:47 PM
Cool idea but... This could end up like GoA or AoA or whatever special program there was. People will be good or do anything to get voted on. Thats just how i see it.

Sent using blood on a bathroom wall

XghostzX
03-22-2013, 03:54 PM
Cool idea but... This could end up like GoA or AoA or whatever special program there was. People will be good or do anything to get voted on. Thats just how i see it.

This is what I thought as well :)

razerfingers
03-22-2013, 03:58 PM
This is what I thought as well :)

I have high respec for you, crim, apollo and a few others only because you guys were here when i was starting and wern't being forum poloce to get a special title of whatever. You did it cause you probably do it to normal people all the time and its just you. Me on the other hand... More mature than when i first started but not enough to have a special title lolz. You dig?

dudetus
03-22-2013, 08:15 PM
We don't want to make Sam or Delph jobless. People have some mercy.

Same as GoA and AoA did, "Hi pls can i be GoA/AoA I am veri gud at stuf pls make me one or I go tell mommy u were mean and she will sue u as she is a lawyer and then u will be poopooing ur pants".

Griffinfan
03-22-2013, 09:26 PM
I would make a great Mod.

Perfect Punchline.

CrimsonTider
03-22-2013, 09:54 PM
I for one am intimidated. First mod ever to give push ups instead of infractions :)

This cracked me up! I teach at an alternative school where we take in the students who are the worst of the worst. The ones who are "repeaters," coming to us after being released during a previous transfer, I work them out for an hour each day. My favorite exercise: push-ups. lol

Yich
03-22-2013, 09:57 PM
This cracked me up! I teach at an alternative school where we take in the students who are the worst of the worst. The ones who are "repeaters," coming to us after being released during a previous transfer, I work them out for an hour each day. My favorite exercise: push-ups. lol

Not very original, dont ya think?

Caiahar
03-22-2013, 10:00 PM
Yeah, I actually agree. Griffinfan would make a GREAT mod. Sure, he can be, how should I say it, pushy, or a little mean. But then again, mods are supposed to be like that.

+999,999,999,999,999 on griffinfan being a mod

CrimsonTider
03-22-2013, 10:24 PM
Not very original, dont ya think?

I now 23 variations of push-ups, and them in sets of 20 with no rest, and cannot let their knees touch the ground. Not the only stuff they do (a mix of Navy SEAL training and the hardest body-weight exercises known), put the hate push-ups so we do them the most. :)

XghostzX
03-22-2013, 11:19 PM
I now 23 variations of push-ups, and them in sets of 20 with no rest, and cannot let their knees touch the ground. Not the only stuff they do (a mix of Navy SEAL training and the hardest body-weight exercises known), put the hate push-ups so we do them the most. :)

My favorite excersize is the one where I sit on the couch and watch Harry Potter movies with chocolate coated Popcorn.

CrimsonTider
03-23-2013, 03:43 PM

Maybe my worst post ever (in relation to typos.) This is what happens kids when we stay up past "sleepy time."

Yich
03-23-2013, 11:04 PM
Maybe my worst post ever (in relation to typos.) This is what happens kids when we stay up past "sleepy time."

I dont think anyone here is man enough to correct you anyway.

dudetus
03-24-2013, 03:44 AM

Ik the feeling.

I have a bad habit to come to forums after I have came home from clubbing. Typing is ofc horrible with my tablet but I'm so darn stubborn like "I WONT MAKE A TYPO SO PEOPLE WON'T CORRECT ME". It takes me 15 minutes to write a sentence.