PDA

View Full Version : How much damage does a end game bear do compared to bird?

Omgwdfholypoop
03-20-2013, 10:48 PM
Title pretty much says it all, since no one thinks I should make a fox because a bird outshines it in almost every aspect, which I understand but I enjoyed bear some, and was wondering what kind of damage he does compared to a equally funded end game bird.

Also I noticed alot of end game warriors went min str for gear and rest dex for a more bruiser style I'm guessing which seems awesome, so if you could put into detail about how much a tank bear and bruiser bear do compared to a DPS bird, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Iphoneington
03-20-2013, 10:57 PM
This really depends on what armor, weapons, sets, and or elixirs you have. I've seen bears have a TON of damage. My bear has over 400+ DPS. But really it depends what you have. I have the Savage set on mine ( lvl 75 ).

Waug
03-20-2013, 11:06 PM
before that u have to remember,

A good bird sacrifices everything in order to do highest damage, and except endgame he still fails to do so. GL

Omgwdfholypoop
03-20-2013, 11:06 PM
This really depends on what armor, weapons, sets, and or elixirs you have. I've seen bears have a TON of damage. My bear has over 400+ DPS. But really it depends what you have. I have the Savage set on mine ( lvl 75 ).

Yeah like the str/dex bears I see with savage set has same dps as a bird so I'm assuming your damage isn't like WAY off from theirs? Plus I'm assuming you have less of a hard
time using your aoes as well.

Deathofan
03-20-2013, 11:10 PM
Why too many questions lately? Anyway, lets talk about a lv76 equally geared bear and bird. A pure dex bird wearing a phoenix bow set without any ring or bonus has 480 top damage with a dps of 512 and 190 armor. A bear with savage scythe set has 335-350 damage range with a dps of 400ish and armor of 305. I forgot the approximate dmg of the slashes of the bear since I sold my savage set, but it was around 420-450ish with each slash while the bird has each shot hitting 550+. Someone will have to test this, but I believe the current endgame bear does more Damage Over Time due to the bear's problems on past caps that it couldn't keep aggro because bear dmg wasn't enought compared to the birds. Devs made the strengh weapon this cap way stronger in order for bears to have a better control over aggro.

Waug
03-20-2013, 11:15 PM
A bear with savage scythe set has 335-350 damage range with a dps of 400ish and armor of 305. I forgot the approximate dmg of the slashes of the bear since I sold my savage set, but it was around 420-450ish with each slash

+

Huge dmg (with all skills) and armor buff

Deathofan
03-20-2013, 11:16 PM
In short.. Bird has a greater dmg imput in a short period of time than the bear, but I believe the bear can outcome the birds dmg over time because of it's short cooldown of slashes and a good weapon's dps.

JaytB
03-20-2013, 11:21 PM
To make it simple, an end game bird in top dex gear kills waaaay faster than an end game bear in top str gear. Waaaay faster. Both mob killing and especially boss killing for birds vs bears aren't even comparable IMO. A bear in top gear feels like it takes forever vs a bird in top gear.

Ow did I mention a bird kills waaaay faster?

Promagin
03-20-2013, 11:45 PM
Just make a fox so you feel good about yourself when you get a kill.

Extreme
03-20-2013, 11:57 PM
Lol ^

Go dex Behr..

The Flash
03-21-2013, 02:13 AM
You cant compare them its unfair. A bear on trasher (that x3 more damage) probably still cant kill a boss faster then a all out full dex max atk gear bird. Bears are not meant to do damage(they are tanks), if you want damage its Bird>Mage>Fox>Bear>Rhyno.

Its like asking a bird to tank better then a bear... not happeing.

If you want damage its bird hands down.

Omgwdfholypoop
03-21-2013, 02:20 AM
You cant compare them its unfair. A bear on trasher (that x3 more damage) probably still cant kill a boss faster then a all out full dex max atk gear bird. Bears are not meant to do damage(they are tanks), if you want damage its Bird>Mage>Fox>Bear>Rhyno.

Its like asking a bird to tank better then a bear... not happeing.

If you want damage its bird hands down.

What exactly makes bear so low in the damage? Seems like +6 rage buff with exact same stats and full dex bear or a min str bear could semi keep up with a bird, I don't understand what makes bird so good in dps that he gets 3x the dps of a bear in all situations.

Is it a combo I missed or something? Because his buffs didn't seem THAT amazing.

Omgwdfholypoop
03-21-2013, 08:35 AM
Just looked up end game recurve bow and end game scythe, both have 0.9 attack speed, and damage, along with both having good buffs/debuffs, the bird has like 160 more base dex because of minimum strength requirements, that clearly gives him a bit more damage, but can Simone explain to me where he gets the 2-3x more dps if bear really does hit 450 per slash, and birds shoot at 550-600 per shot?

Norbert
03-21-2013, 10:48 AM
Look at skills too though. I have a 75 bird and 75 bear, both are basically pure. The bird certainly kills faster. With focus, you can get your crit rate to about 80%+ and with cruel blast you can destroy mobs. With a mage working with you for nature strike you also nuke mobs and bosses alike. Bear is fun to play, and I think with a dex/str combo you can get ok damage output, but I think bird is still going to do more damage.

If you do want scythe with bird, you can always do a str bird. I've seen a few of those in endgame and am kind of curious. I may respec and try it since I have the savage set.

In the end, I'd consider the basic style of each class and just choose. You keep mentioning that you want a lot of damage and bird is the one. Mage would be second... Flash above outlined it pretty well.

Fwiw, I do have a capped ranger and it's fun, but nowhere near as powerful as my mage.

Deathofan
03-21-2013, 11:21 AM
Rage boosts critical and damage. Stats around 400dmg 80crit

Omgwdfholypoop
03-21-2013, 11:24 AM
Look at skills too though. I have a 75 bird and 75 bear, both are basically pure. The bird certainly kills faster. With focus, you can get your crit rate to about 80%+ and with cruel blast you can destroy mobs. With a mage working with you for nature strike you also nuke mobs and bosses alike. Bear is fun to play, and I think with a dex/str combo you can get ok damage output, but I think bird is still going to do more damage.

If you do want scythe with bird, you can always do a str bird. I've seen a few of those in endgame and am kind of curious. I may respec and try it since I have the savage set.

In the end, I'd consider the basic style of each class and just choose. You keep mentioning that you want a lot of damage and bird is the one. Mage would be second... Flash above outlined it pretty well.

Fwiw, I do have a capped ranger and it's fun, but nowhere near as powerful as my mage.

What exactly do you mean your mage is more powerful? And could you explain the best mage build too please? Mages are fun but really squishy :| I know they're very useful with heals and AoE, but like do they have great end game damage and decent survivability as well?

Norbert
03-21-2013, 11:38 AM
Many end game mages do int/str so they can use savage set. With that you have good survivability and still do good damage. Also the end game int gear is pretty weak -- worst of the three in my opinion. Dex gear is good, str is really good.

Mages have great aoe damage and combine with all other classes (well, don't know with rhino) for great combos. Mages have good buffs/debuffs too. In elite dungeons like Red Dragon Slayer, mage is crucial for healing and revs. I've done a ton of Slayer runs with fox and mage and the best (fastest, fewest casualties) games are with teams of all mages. (I have bird & bear too, so not hating on them, just my experience.)

Personally I enjoy playing mage best, partly because of the combos and damage, partly the healing and revs and support. But mage, bird, fox, bear - they're all fun. :) I haven't played rhino, but I guess they are too.

Omgwdfholypoop
03-21-2013, 12:01 PM
Many end game mages do int/str so they can use savage set. With that you have good survivability and still do good damage. Also the end game int gear is pretty weak -- worst of the three in my opinion. Dex gear is good, str is really good.

Mages have great aoe damage and combine with all other classes (well, don't know with rhino) for great combos. Mages have good buffs/debuffs too. In elite dungeons like Red Dragon Slayer, mage is crucial for healing and revs. I've done a ton of Slayer runs with fox and mage and the best (fastest, fewest casualties) games are with teams of all mages. (I have bird & bear too, so not hating on them, just my experience.)

Personally I enjoy playing mage best, partly because of the combos and damage, partly the healing and revs and support. But mage, bird, fox, bear - they're all fun. :) I haven't played rhino, but I guess they are too.

Yeah mages are definitely awesome, they seem more of what I want in the long run, what is your honest opinion on ranger btw? And how do you think he should be played for max efficiency end game, like bow or talon/wing etc? Thanks a bunch for answering these questions, I really just don't want to spend a month training something that I won't enjoy end game, so I like to know all scenarios lol

Chickenrunnn
03-21-2013, 12:20 PM
On my bird, I was hit :

- 689 by staff mage
- 465 by savaged bear
- 571 by Phoenix bow bird

Gf.

Omgwdfholypoop
03-21-2013, 12:39 PM
On my bird, I was hit :

- 689 by staff mage
- 465 by savaged bear
- 571 by Phoenix bow bird

Gf.

O-o dayum, does anyone have a link to a really good step by step guide for mage?

I'll probably do str/int though, seems like the best combination for a novice player

Norbert
03-21-2013, 01:34 PM
Opinion on ranger -- it was fun to learn a new class and is fairly capable. Since I have a bird that I use bow or talon with, I used my fox as close in fighter. Many skills either bring the fox into mêlée or only work at short distances -- the shred armor range (fox) is 2m and break armor (bird) is 10m (I believe, or very close). To me if you want a ranged fighter, the bird already fills that role well.

So I played him with dagger (Gruesome Butcher Knife!) up until 70s and with mostly dex. Looking at end game gear and how I liked to play, I respeced to give him enough str to wear savage gear and use the scythe. He's ok, but if I got 3x combo on both him and mage, I'd farm with mage in a heartbeat. Ranger can be fun and you could certainly play it with dex and use the Swift end game gear and be pretty strong. But for me if I wanted that play style I'd go with an archer.

Omgwdfholypoop
03-21-2013, 02:22 PM
Opinion on ranger -- it was fun to learn a new class and is fairly capable. Since I have a bird that I use bow or talon with, I used my fox as close in fighter. Many skills either bring the fox into mêlée or only work at short distances -- the shred armor range (fox) is 2m and break armor (bird) is 10m (I believe, or very close). To me if you want a ranged fighter, the bird already fills that role well.

So I played him with dagger (Gruesome Butcher Knife!) up until 70s and with mostly dex. Looking at end game gear and how I liked to play, I respeced to give him enough str to wear savage gear and use the scythe. He's ok, but if I got 3x combo on both him and mage, I'd farm with mage in a heartbeat. Ranger can be fun and you could certainly play it with dex and use the Swift end game gear and be pretty strong. But for me if I wanted that play style I'd go with an archer.

Ahh that makes sense, I guess with mage I'll be putting 2str3int every level until I can wear savage?

Norbert
03-21-2013, 02:29 PM
To be honest, I was pure int until I respec'd. I think there are guides around for some good mage builds. I would target the sets you might want to use and get to just enough str to equip them. I like pure int a lot and would have stayed if the endgame gear was better. Str definitely helps in sewers though too -- that's when I remember a lot of people going to str mage.

Note that purple/green/orange gears may take more str for a given level than the equivalent pinks. For Savage it's 157 str, but for the purples I think it's 190 or so (or close -- off the top of my head). Anyway, just keep a target in mind and build towards that. Or go pure until you need to and respec.

NotYoCookiez
03-21-2013, 06:50 PM
Elite bow bears are the strongest class

tHelonestud
03-21-2013, 06:52 PM
Bears can exceed 1000 dps with a trusty rhino at their side

Omgwdfholypoop
03-21-2013, 07:03 PM
Elite bow bears are the strongest class

Lol I know they're not the "best" dps but I don't think people give then enough credit, I was using rage and 1-2 hittin everything so fast, while tanking a fair bit as well, probably used 25 potions 13-20 and was always leading. But I'm sure the dps drops off alot or something later :/ so I gave up on him lol

Deathofan
03-21-2013, 07:17 PM
They are. With rage they end up with 550 weapon dmg, 600dps and 100+ critical. Each slash (3 in total) should be 550+ dmg and they take like 3-4secs of cooldown compared to the bird shots that take around 6-8secs. And I believe that SMS Slash at level 7+ starts reducing armor points from target.

azureoo
03-21-2013, 09:19 PM
Well I'm a lvl72 burd that can tank with the best of the and can kill the rest of them. Just really good at pot spamming O.o but honestly a bird kills way faster and dies just as quick. Lvl 72 avian named azureoo, guild havoc!

Omgwdfholypoop
03-21-2013, 10:41 PM
They are. With rage they end up with 550 weapon dmg, 600dps and 100+ critical. Each slash (3 in total) should be 550+ dmg and they take like 3-4secs of cooldown compared to the bird shots that take around 6-8secs. And I believe that SMS Slash at level 7+ starts reducing armor points from target.

Where exactly do they fail at and become terrible dps that does x3 less damage over a bird o-o from what you said that seems pretty nice, being able to tank while still doing some nice dps/Dpm, I don't understand

Deathofan
03-21-2013, 11:50 PM
Where exactly do they fail at and become terrible dps that does x3 less damage over a bird o-o from what you said that seems pretty nice, being able to tank while still doing some nice dps/Dpm, I don't understand
I never said anything about 3xs less or more, that was someone else. Im just saying savage bears have everything nice. The stats on a black ringed 3-elite ring bear are hit 113%, 50 dodge (unbuffed), 37 critical, 840 health, 40 h/s, 412 mana, 24m/s, 330-360 dmg, 400 dps, 325 armor. The thing is birds do clear map faster than a bear, but as for killing the boss I think the bear is more suitable as for debuffing and damaging.

Deathofan
03-22-2013, 12:03 AM
Lv9 Rage buffs 60 critical and 90 damage, Lv9 Iron Blood buffs 60 armor, Lv9 Hellscream Debuffs -60 hit % and -60 dmg, Lv9 Crushing blow Debuffs 85 dmg and -45 dodge, Lv9 Evade buffs 20 dodge, Lv6 SMS Slash debuffs -10 armor and -5 hit %. Add all that buffs to the bear and it's a total tank machine.

Omgwdfholypoop
03-22-2013, 12:18 AM
Lv9 Rage buffs 60 critical and 90 damage, Lv9 Iron Blood buffs 60 armor, Lv9 Hellscream Debuffs -60 hit % and -60 dmg, Lv9 Crushing blow Debuffs 85 dmg and -45 dodge, Lv9 Evade buffs 20 dodge, Lv6 SMS Slash debuffs -10 armor and -5 hit %. Add all that buffs to the bear and it's a total tank machine.

Ahh my bad, people are throwing around that bears are terrible dps, then others have highest dps "on paper" at least, I get that birds will kill faster, I just think to many people are putting down the end game bear, and just think of him as nothing but a tank, which is understandable. I'm sure he can still kill fairly fast if you build him that way, I just like the idea of not dieing in 2 hits as well :P

The Flash
03-22-2013, 12:58 AM
You guys are just confusing the OP. The OP should just play what he wants since all classes can contribute to the team just in different ways.

Fact birds deal the most damage. Fact DPS is useless since it doesnt contribute to the skill damage and doesnt take enemy armor into the equation.

Also just so you know eventhough you put the same amount of point in dex to a bird as a bear and have them wear the same full dex gear. The bird will still do more damage because birds have skill that do massive damage, increase crit and hit compared to the bear whoses skill help increase surviability and and keep aggro.

Deathofan
03-22-2013, 01:04 AM
Ahh my bad, people are throwing around that bears are terrible dps, then others have highest dps "on paper" at least, I get that birds will kill faster, I just think to many people are putting down the end game bear, and just think of him as nothing but a tank, which is understandable. I'm sure he can still kill fairly fast if you build him that way, I just like the idea of not dieing in 2 hits as well :P
Im really sure a bear with rage beats a bird with focus in damage overall on a long boss fight. The thing in pvp is, the only way the bear can get in range to use its slashes is through beckon and now Hellscream (it gets up to 12meters at lv9), but the problem is, birds have this crazy high dodge plus a skilled named blinding that at level 9 it debuffs your hit % by 60 at a range of 12meters, did I mentioned it's undodgeable? Even if you dodge, you will have the dizzy/stars on your head that means you have been debuffed in hit %. The 113 hit % goes down to 53% and it will go into the "hit or miss" equation, then either they dodge (good luck with 80dodge) or you effectively hit your beckon or HS.

The Flash
03-22-2013, 01:09 AM
Bears tank
Birds kill bosses
Mages Kill mobs
Rhino Support
Foxes DOT enemies

Chose the one that fits what you want to do. Having any class do something other then what I put up make your character ineffective and not helpfull to the team. No one likes a warbird in there team or a Bow bear.

Norbert
03-22-2013, 11:50 AM
I agree -- play the class you want and have fun. To some extent I agree with the above, but one thing I love about PL vs AL is you can do class mashups. Make a dex bear if you want, or whatever and have fun. Some mashups are more popular and accepted than others -- at endgame, on slayer, I'd rather see str mages, for example, than int ones. But I don't leave if I see int mages or bow bears. Each class can be fun and be a good addition to a team, so build what sounds like fun to you and go for it. Chances are if you like PL you'll create a second and third character eventually anyway.